PDA

View Full Version : Quest bug - Lumbering Along

zehoo
10-04-2018, 02:21 AM
I have an issue with the quest “Lumbering Along” not completing since I hand in the stolen lumber it requires and then ignores that I handed it in requiring me to do it again. And since I have already looted the lumber from the chest and the chest is empty I now can not complete the quest.

The order in which I completed the quest is that I killed the bandits and looted the lumber before I had obtained the quest. I then got the quest and completed the first part which required you to shoot 2 targets which went fine. Then the next part where you talk to the quest giver, my character said it was great she had already taken care of the bandits and hands over the wood (it disappears from my inventory) but the quest does not compete and still wants the wood. Having already killed the bandits and looted the wood and handed it in, there is now no way to complete the quest.

Im pretty sure Origins had a feature to force restart quests to try and get around bugs like this. I’m just wondering why it was removed since surely there will be more quests that may bug out like this.

UbiGabrinth
10-04-2018, 06:11 PM
There are multiple save slots in Assassin's Creed Odyssey that would have a similar ability to retry quest objectives. Please note that Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey were made by different development teams.

As for this quest issue, I appreciate the reproduction steps you provided. I will look around and see if others are having issues with this quest, and I will report the order this occurred to our team.

stahpshawn
10-17-2018, 04:15 AM
When I get to the lumberyard regardless of whether I kill all the bandits, or loot the treasures without killing bandits, I still clear the location. However, the quest does not move forward as it says I still have to kill the bandits. There is some info that says the a large group went west of the lumberyard but using ikaros i couldn't find anything. i tried redoing the quest multiple times no change in result.

TopBassara
10-25-2018, 12:04 AM
I have cleared out the bandits and looted the cave of three chests but these were not acknowledged, leaving the location as incomplete.

It's hardly a matter of great significance but I do like to clear provinces,