PDA

View Full Version : Questbug "the serpents lair"

NeverSeenKIP
10-03-2018, 06:59 PM
After doing "snake in the grass" you have to talk to herodutus about the cult.
He never gives me the followup and doesn't take me to the cult secret chamber.

I am left without a main quest and no way to continue.

I have seen one other report of this issue and multiple on bugs with herodutus.

My last save was 8 ingame hours ago bevause I went to level up and do side quests before I realized what was happening.

jogoncalves1405
10-03-2018, 09:59 PM

My last save was 8 ingame hours ago bevause I went to level up and do side quests before I realized what was happening.

Same here. I spent 12 hours doing side quests to level up. Would be nice to have this fixed ASAP. There is plenty of reports on this quest

GugNoggler
10-04-2018, 06:02 PM
same here im 15H in game and last save is 7H. really dont wanna start over because one misson that if maybe i start over it will fixed

Bannanass49
10-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Same here thank god i'm not alone. Hopefully they fix it soon because this is reallt anoying

Ruizark
10-05-2018, 11:06 AM
Same problem. I'm 24h in game and the last save is 14h.

Briocoma
10-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Same here though i did The snake Quest before The oracle one, the fatal bug happened after I spoke to the oracle at her house.

Briocoma
10-05-2018, 11:31 AM
I just regret spending money on early access, when you still have to wait for a fix, before you can continue again.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Thanks for all the reports guys, we are currently investigating this and we'll update you as soon as we have any news or require any further information

Ruizark
10-06-2018, 11:50 AM
Thanks for all the reports guys, we are currently investigating this and we'll update you as soon as we have any news or require any further information

Any news?

Deadly_Drwg
10-06-2018, 02:15 PM
Any news on this issue guys iv hit the same problem and don't want to have to start over again after putting 22hr of exploration and leveling up in this game please tell me it will be fixed soon.

GugNoggler
10-06-2018, 06:27 PM
Any news?

Ivarblaauw
10-06-2018, 09:34 PM
I've got the same problem. Odyssey quests are at 0 after I finished Snake in the Grass :/

Kev1n_cr
10-06-2018, 11:49 PM
Any news about it? I'm having the same issue as well and i don't want to do 12h of gameplay again

GugNoggler
10-07-2018, 07:21 AM
I will reach max lvl by the time they fix it

RandClay
10-07-2018, 12:52 PM
I have the same problem. I decided to go to an old save (lost 6 hours). I found the quest works if you do not visit Elpenor first - go to the Pythia first at her house. This gives you a “Wolf...” quest failed, but everything else works normally.

It’s a work around, but it might be faster than a patch. This seems to be a bug across all platforms, so hopefully a fix can be “quickly” found.

StillCant__-
10-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Lesson learned; Do NOT under any circumstances go exploring in this exploration game until you've done your quests as it will break it.

GugNoggler
10-07-2018, 01:40 PM
I have the same problem. I decided to go to an old save (lost 6 hours). I found the quest works if you do not visit Elpenor first - go to the Pythia first at her house. This gives you a “Wolf...” quest failed, but everything else works normally.

It’s a work around, but it might be faster than a patch. This seems to be a bug across all platforms, so hopefully a fix can be “quickly” found.

This is so dumb i will lose 18 hours of gameplay it happend to me when i was lvl 14 im lvl 27 now. i think i will wait for a patch

aoelsner
10-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Having the same problem. Any news on this yet?

BenWinrow24
10-07-2018, 08:39 PM
This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

BenWinrow24
10-07-2018, 08:54 PM

Any news ??? Updates ?

SiCa_ZA
10-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Having exact same issue, but no saves predating the glitch (also went off questing due to thinking it needs higher level to unlock). So have to start from scratch... 25hours and awesome gear = No thanks.
Please fix 😅

BountyRum25
10-09-2018, 09:12 AM
just wondering if anyone has heard if there’s a patch soon

GugNoggler
10-09-2018, 09:15 AM
just wondering if anyone has heard if there’s a patch soon

No news from Ubisoft

phkl86
10-09-2018, 01:51 PM

Just for the folks over at Ubisoft, I did it the same way and the bug still appeared:

I went to the Oracle first and talked with her, then killed Elpenor in his cave.

Herodotus does not even appear near the Delphi Oracle afterwards, though. Number under the "Odyssey"-filter under "Quests" is 0 just as well. So I guess this is a new iteration of the bug.

EDIT:

I found Herodotus with the help of another forum user. Either way, no new quest is triggered after talking to him and he still doesn't appear near the entrance with the snakes next to it.

Stoltenport
01-12-2020, 06:19 AM
I waited a year to play this game
I can't advance past serpents lair, can't trigger the pyramid after clue search.
I power cycled, uninstalled, redownload, even started a new game. Nope. Tech support says that development is aware.

THIS GAME HAS BEEN OUT MORE THAN A YEAR

I am so disappointed. This has been my favorite series for an entire decade.

Ubi-Swaggins
01-15-2020, 03:05 PM
Hey Stoltenport,

This should be resolved with a New-Game playthrough.

Are you able to provide any videos of this in-game?

Daphye
01-18-2020, 03:27 PM
Getting info from cultists, there are only two! Which leaves bar halfway. Quest at dead end & can’t continue. Basic game, Xbox one. This bug was originally posted in 2018! It is 2020 now. Just shorten the bar!! And I hope your code is in modules and not huge chunks. Get a team of competent coders fixing these cult bugs. Taking so long is giving your company a bad name. Love this game but doubt if I will buy another if you can’t fix bugs. I am retired with doctorates in comp science, hw & sw engineering. Very disappointed you can’t fix bugs in a timely manner, inexcusable.

Ubi-Ginge
01-22-2020, 03:59 PM
Hey Nowta, and welcome to the forums!
Would you be able to post a video showing this