PDA

View Full Version : Major stuttering issue

MrPepziii
10-03-2018, 06:20 PM
Hey so I was playing ACOD yesterday and while I was in a fortress the games fps dropped to a full stop, It completely paused and every 3 seconds or so it would progress about 10 frames the stop until another 3 seconds went by. Eventually I got the game paused and waited for 5 or 10 minutes until it caught up with itself and it did, but I would like to check to see if there are any other solutions that can help me perhaps prevent this in the future, as even a 10 minute break outside of Greece is ****ty when your this hype!

rgogosharpe
10-08-2018, 02:01 PM
Did this happen in Malis region? In Lamia camp? If so, I have the same problem

ubi--unicorn
10-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Hey guys! MrPepziii, what area did this occur in?

rgogosharpe, did this only occur in that location?

WeeHez90
10-09-2018, 03:29 AM
This happened to me too, Phokis, near Guesthouse on Pilgrims Landing and then again at Fort Desphina. The first time it completely froze, second time it did what OP had said.

marc5916
10-09-2018, 05:18 AM
I think i will post my experience as well.

I did have a heavy slow down too.

The PS4 suddenly did go to less than 1 fps. It was like 1 frame every 3 seconds.

Then the picture froze, and the blue led of the HDD drive did stay on. (so no working situation)

Actually as you play, the HDD LED goes on and off depending the situation.

After that, it did the same thing every 3 seconds and then it froze again.

I went to the dashboard and closed the game.

I restarted the game immediately (i saved just before that situation occurred), went to the same spot to reproduce the error, but no luck.

I played then for about 2 hours more, no problem whatsoever. Weird!

It seems is was a random unfortunate situation. What can i say. lol

Note: I'm om Megaris btw, and i have a PS4 Pro.

Jeracan
10-09-2018, 06:37 AM
marc5916 (https://forums.ubi.com/member.php/3339043-marc5916?communityUsers=1&f=27), can I ask what zone you got this issue? Had a problem on PC, if I died in a special area and loaded again the game crashed. Bought the game on PS4 instead and I really hope I can play it, regardless og bugs. Just hope it wont crash so much.

marc5916
10-09-2018, 06:47 PM
@ Jeracan

Hello Jeracan!

Well, i died also a couple of times so far- but no, after loading the game again i didn't encountered any crash.

That kind of slow down is weird though but on that...more down below.

It should be definitely game related.

I guess the engine of the AO:Odyssey is the same as it was on AC:Origins.

Origins runs more than fine. I completed the main quest, the 1st DLC and are pretty close of completing the 2nd DLC as well.

As for the slow downs, to be honest i got some light slow downs on Origins as well.

That happened 2 or three times on the whole game play through and over 150 hours of game play.

The frames did go down for 2 or 3 seconds and it was like you play in a slow motion situation. lol

But after that time, the PS4 did catch up and i got the 30 fps again.

So yeah, it seems those games are very hardware demanding, or at least it seems that way on today Consoles.

Not any crash or error codes encountered on Origins though.

And i'm pretty sure as that game is very CPU demanding, neither PS4 console will keep up easily with that game.

Because the low frequency of the CPU (SOC) is to blame, for not having a steady 30 fps game-play, as its the major bottleneck factor on today consoles with a lot of games out there.

>can I ask what zone you got this issue?

I don't understand completely your question. What you mean with zone? :-P

Also good to check!

https://vulkk.com/2018/10/02/assassins-creed-odyssey-problems-and-fixes/