PDA

View Full Version : Consistent freezing and crashing Xb1 X And wold tame issue

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
10-03-2018, 06:08 PM
I have been playing Odyssey for approximately 16 hours now and I have to say that the amount of freezes and crashes I have experienced really are not what I would refer to as, acceptable. Granted this is an Ubisoft game and sadly, these days, you guys are not known for releasing quality products on their specified launch day but what bothers me is these crashes and freezes are preventing me from experiencing the game and also, more specifically, preventing me from doing timed missions as every time I enter a section of the mission the game will lock up. To get even more specific, aside from random crashes upon loading the game or during loading screens the particular issue I am having now is in Atika. I have already attempted a hard reset on my xbox and such and the issue persists even after doing so.

The current missions: "From Ruins To Riches"
Issue: The game will freeze are particular segments, initially when I was following a road towards the quest giver the game would freeze every time. I attempted to go another route which allowed me to get to the quest giver and then the game would freeze mid conversation. At this point I attempted a hard reset on my Xbox, was able to talk to the quest giver and make my way to the bandit camp and then the game froze again. After approximately 10 attempts I was able to finish this mission but this is just one example of the kinds of errors I have been encountering with Odyssey so far.

Wolf Taming Issue:
Another fun, though not game breaking bug, is when you tame a wolf and save the game or reload it, upon loading back in the game does not recognize the wolf as being tamed and you are instantly under attack by your former ally from before you reloaded your game, while not a big issue it is kind of annoying if say you load your game, go to get a drink and get eaten alive by the tamed animal you though would be happy you returned to continue your play through.

Ksz1989
10-03-2018, 06:22 PM
This is happening to me also on Xbox One S, certain roads in level 13 areas cause the game to glitch, freeze and crash which forces a restart of the game. It doesn't matter which mission you're doing, it's pot luck as I've deleted previous save files and had to restart because everytime I loaded the save and went near the areas again it would crash again. It's pretty bad in all honesty.

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
10-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Just had it crash, again and now when I try to start the game from my dashboard it loads the first screen and then dashboards me again. This is some quality product testing Ubisoft but sadly it is the quality product I have come to expect from you.

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
10-03-2018, 06:50 PM
And even after resetting my xbox the game is still crashing back to dashboard after each startup. Are you serious Ubisoft?

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
10-03-2018, 06:52 PM
And after reading just the communtiy forums alone, how is this the only Xb1 issue on the "Known issues" thread?

SCHEDULED TO BE FIXED

Purchased Maps filter missing
Description: Players may experience an issue where the “Purchased Maps” filter is missing from the map.
Workaround: Close the game application and reload the savegame

tehnastey
10-04-2018, 01:00 AM
Iím having the same issues and every time I quit the game and try to load it gets stuck on the loading screen. I have to revert to an older save. Way to go Ubisoft. You and you QA team once again fail miserably.