PDA

View Full Version : Be careful!!! Ubisoft has just changed the specifications for PC

serhermar
10-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Be careful!!! Ubisoft has just changed the specifications for PC!!!

They have added the following:

Processor: AMD FX 6300 @ 3.8 GHz, Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.1 GHz, Ryzen 3 - 1200 (SSE 4.1 Support or higher required) (MORE DETAILS BELOW)

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000036863/System-requirements-for-Assassin-s-Creed-Odyssey-ACOD/#CPU

Supported Intel CPUs at time of release:
Intel 2nd gen: Intel Core i5-2400 or better
Intel 3rd gen: Intel Core i5-3330 or better
Intel 4th gen: Intel Core i3-4430 or better
Intel 6th gen: Intel Core i3-6300 or better
Intel 7th gen: Intel Core i3-7100 or better
Intel 8th gen: Intel Core i3-8100 or better

X3T
10-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Yeah they updated it, it's also found in the Assassin's Creed Odyssey file directory in the Readme.txt file inside the Readme folder.

janusd
10-03-2018, 06:52 PM
The fact of the matter is that they did not specify their requirements clearly BEFORE we made the purchase. Even with their new update, it's still not clear about the rumored AVX support requirement. The generation of the CPU is irrelevant and uninformative; especially since Origins and Watchdogs 2 have, essentially, the same CPU requirements and perform just fine with CPU's that don't have AVX.

I'm not going to ask for a refund. I made a purchase and Ubisoft was not clear about the requirements (and still isn't) after the purchase and delivery :mad:. They have a contractual obligation to make good on their promises. We paid a premium for early access and to own and be able to play the game. They have not delivered on this and I will not let them off the hook by asking for a refund.

If they want to make good on us, they need to patch it to allow support and find a way to make up for not delivering on the early access. I'm fine with waiting, but they need to do a bit more than just patch this now. A broken promise is not easily mended.

Vecuvia
10-03-2018, 07:01 PM
The fact of the matter is that they did not specify their requirements clearly BEFORE we made the purchase. Even with their new update, it's still not clear about the rumored AVX support requirement. The generation of the CPU is irrelevant and uninformative; especially since Origins and Watchdogs 2 have, essentially, the same CPU requirements and perform just fine with CPU's that don't have AVX.

I'm not going to ask for a refund. I made a purchase and Ubisoft was not clear about the requirements (and still isn't) after the purchase and delivery :mad:. They have a contractual obligation to make good on their promises. We paid a premium for early access and to own and be able to play the game. They have not delivered on this and I will not let them off the hook by asking for a refund.

If they want to make good on us, they need to patch it to allow support and find a way to make up for not delivering on the early access. I'm fine with waiting, but they need to do a bit more than just patch this now. A broken promise is not easily mended.

I pretty much feel the same. Listing SSE and leaving out AVX is pretty deceptive, because it leaves people thinking if they come in just under the reqs it could still run if you are willing to accept less than stellar performance.

And there's still no official word. Only people reporting customer support confirming it's a requirement - but this isnt' even consistent. I spent several hours talking with customer support yesterday and they never mentioned an AVX requirement to me.

Xotana
10-03-2018, 07:02 PM
Fear not. Ubisoft replied my ticket saying my msinfo/dxdiag showed my clock speed @2.7 did not match minimum requirements, regardless of CPU generation.

What they didn’t know is that my CPU is running since the day I bought it @4.0 on LC. CPU generation is not even mentioned in the reply, so we can all agree that CPU gen is not an issue! He also mentioned I have some issues with some dlls, although it may be so, they MAY only interfere with AC Odissey, they don’t mind any other games, I guess those dlls are somewhat picky since they loved Origins but they hate Odissey!

Those dlls don’t mess any other game I play/install...funny! As to changing specs after releasing the game is and will be considered foul game. I can only hope they fix the game because atm, Odissey doesn’t seem to care for latest CPU generation either!

ricardojuchem
10-03-2018, 07:40 PM
This is just dishonest. I hope that the media covers this story.

Vecuvia
10-03-2018, 07:45 PM
This is just dishonest. I hope that the media covers this story.

It's hit reddit already: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/9l3en8/ubisoft_stealth_changed_the_system_requirements/

serhermar
10-04-2018, 08:03 AM
Ubisoft Silence.....

serhermar
10-04-2018, 08:12 AM
God, confessed to all those who are going to enter this night or tomorrow and do not have AVX. They are going to give an epic blow. And they will stay ... WTF ???????????

Right now I'm playing Shadow of Tomb Raider without problems, not like with your game.

Very bad Ubisoft, for my part it's over. I will not trust you again, it's over.

Bye Bye Ubisoft.

YabguNizamPasha
10-04-2018, 09:20 AM
https://www.oyunfor.com/imgStorage/steamgames/205100/xheader.jpg.pagespeed.ic.uzuvm9RDfg.jpg

annuschka
10-04-2018, 11:51 AM
... especially since Origins and Watchdogs 2 have, essentially, the same CPU requirements and perform just fine with CPU's that don't have AVX...

Origins did run perfectly fine a few weeks ago. Now - since I read some comments here - I checked and it crashes, too! Seems like Ubisoft really wants us to buy new Hardware... Which I will do and would have done EARLIER if it was mentioned in the System Requirements. It still feels like "planned obsolescence", because my machine (i7 920, 12Gig Ram, GTX 1070) had no problems running games like Origins at high quality so far.

lsnderick
10-04-2018, 01:26 PM
https://cloclo3.cldmail.ru/2bdUUFppzoA7XQ2gixnN/G/4a83/x2Rt6Yiku?key=8414fba379097f5c8502bd21524ea057550f 50e3&key=8414fba379097f5c8502bd21524ea057550f50e3

So are they saying my system can run their last year game (Origins), with the same engine with "Very High" perfomance at ultra settings but suddenly "below minimum requirements" for this one?!

NinjaBoyArijit
10-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Intel® Core™ i5-6500 Processor , can I run it ? :confused:

NinjaBoyArijit
10-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Intel® Core™ i5-6500 Processor , can I run it ? :confused:

serhermar
10-05-2018, 07:59 PM
Here you have the official confirmation from a Ubisoft support account on twitter that the problem is the AVX:

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/1047918273826889730

They point to a thread within the The Crew 2 product:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1888070-Game-Doesn-t-Start-Does-Your-CPU-Support-AVX-Check-Here-To-Find-Out-Forums

Nothing more to add, I have already asked for my return. Never again Ubisoft.

ruben3k5
10-05-2018, 09:28 PM
The only solution to this problem right now for people who cannot refund because of the link to uplay, will be to wait for 4 AM 10/6/2018 GEFORCE NOW will be able to stream the game for free everyone will be able to play the game on any CPU and on any computer.

I was not able to launch the game on Ubisoft because apparently, my CPU does not support AVX.... what a total joke. Everyone in Ubisoft forums are crazy mad about it everyone is complaining. they did not post that in their requirements.

Now I have to wait for my lord and savior GeForce NOW... Better than nothing since I can't even get a refund!!! this is madness.

Guys either GEFORCE NOW or google chrome game stream.

This is the real deal I've tried a lot of the games available. The only drawback is the 25 Mbits minimum required upload speed. Good luck guys I can't wait to play this deceptive game.

Xotana
10-05-2018, 11:04 PM
I have been exchanging mails with support, in any moment has AVX been mentioned as being the cause of this cross-CPUs issue!

I own an i7 920 clocked @4.0 and, according to support, it is not an impediment to run the game. Furthermore, I was informed they are working on this issue.

Given this particular CTD happens on multiple CPU gens, latest one included, it is only logical to assume this issue has a different origin other than the AVX!

Father-Jack
10-06-2018, 05:51 AM
Be careful!!! Ubisoft has just changed the specifications for PC!!!

Ubisoft didn't change anything but add some extra info to clarify the original requirements, posted by Ubisoft on 7 Sept., well before release:

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/Assassins-Creed-Odyssey-PC-Specs-and-System-Requirements-Revealed

In the Minimum Requirements section, the minimum CPU specified is a 2nd gen i5 2400.

It would have helped greatly though if Ubisoft, when they clarified with SSE requirements, also included AVX.

hYDROPONYQUE
10-06-2018, 08:41 AM
I have 7th gen pentium 3.7Ghz, tho the game wont start because my processor doent have an avx. I wonder if support tell me that I need a 4 quad cpu to run this game