PDA

View Full Version : Enemies scale with my level and there is no option to disable it

skalibran
10-03-2018, 04:24 PM
I can't assassinate enemies on my first attack, so I cannot play Odyssey completely with stealth. Strong enemies need 5-10 assassinations to die. Outleveling the enemies so I can assassinate them with one attack isn't possible, because they always scale with my level and there is no option to disable it. Is there a fix on the way? I'd love to play Odyssey, but I have to wait, because I don't like open combat.

Like__.
10-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Same for me. Please give us a setting to disable enemy scaling.

UbiGabrinth
10-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is an RPG, and it has aspects that differentiate it from our previous AC titles. More difficult enemies will require you to face them in some form of combat over a longer period of time than an assassination.

skalibran
10-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is an RPG, and it has aspects that differentiate it from our previous AC titles. More difficult enemies will require you to face them in some form of combat over a longer period of time than an assassination.

Well, as an RPG, the users choice on how to play should be the most important thing. Is there nothing we can do to avoid detection?

TheLostPharoah
10-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Odyssey relies more on skills and leveling weapons than the previous games. concentrate on the Assassin Tree and on equipping weapons and armour that increases assassin damage

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Well, as an RPG, the users choice on how to play should be the most important thing. Is there nothing we can do to avoid detection?

Unlike Origins there is no way to disable this feature, thanks for the feedback on this

BogPeasant420
10-04-2018, 04:37 PM
I feel you fam. There's a poll, which has 89 percent of the members, pushing to make enemy level scaling an option.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1938801-Forced-enemy-level-scaling

TenaciousDan10
10-10-2018, 06:08 AM
The whole level scaling thing is BS. Even buying the XP boost would be utterly pointless.

N7Eisbaer
10-10-2018, 03:40 PM
ACOD is one of those rare cases where UBI's usual copy'n'paste tactics would have been more than welcome.

Basically a re-texture of ACO, aka all the mechanics that made that game so great, a few hundred years before.

TenaciousDan10
10-11-2018, 11:10 AM
I love how Ubisoft is plain out ignoring the poll. They really want to sell those Helix points.

longjohn119
10-11-2018, 04:17 PM
They managed to take the Assassin right out of Assassin's Creed .

They should just change the name to Creed or Battle Creed

I loved Origins but I'm really beginning to hate this insanely frustrating game

gel214th
10-24-2018, 11:32 AM
You can one hit Assassinate enemies easily. You just need to build your character around the Assassinate skill. In Odyssey your character isn't 100% good at everything. You either play hunter with the bow, Warrior with your weapons or Assassinate with your assassinations and stealth. You cannot do them all.

If you take the Assassinate abilities that boost assassinate damage, take critical assassination, take the weapon poison damage and THEN do a critical assassinate you WILL kill almost every enemy with a one-hit assassination attack.

On the Inventory screen you can see how much damage you do with your attacks. How effective you are in combat is based totally on which abilities you choose to slot and the ones that boost damage types by 50% or 40% are what makes the difference to being able to "one shot" enemies with an arrow or an assassination.

This is not so much about the level scaling, and more about understanding how to play the game.

Ztreak_01
10-24-2018, 01:00 PM
I agree. This is not about level scaling.

My character is a mix of warrior and assassin, but mostly assassin. I feel that i can one shot assassinate the targets that i expect to one shot, and i must say i prefer it like that. Would be too easy beeing able to just assassinate a full fort with some really strong npc's.