PDA

View Full Version : Bugged Quest

MavQQu
10-03-2018, 12:46 AM
So there is a quest called Perikles's Symposium. You are in this house and you cant leave, there should be a character named herodotos that you have to speak with. But he aint there and now i cant move on, its main quest. I saw someone else posted this same problem on reddit.

UbiGabrinth
10-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Could you link to the reddit thread? Do you have any further information that might help us to reproduce this issue?

kc9hej
10-03-2018, 07:00 PM
same issue, he is supposed to be standing at the entrance to the room and he is not there or inside

kc9hej
10-03-2018, 07:07 PM
Found the mentioned Reddit page, but not much help. https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/9kus48/help_stuck_in_perikless_residence/

kc9hej
10-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Also: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/9kvt9r/help_bugged_quest/

kc9hej
10-03-2018, 08:54 PM
I opened a case for this as I cannot progress in the game any further.

Re-loaded a save game to the fast travel spot in town right before entering, and its the same result. no Herodotos inside to speak to and none of the other characters respond in conversation.

zaij86
10-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Have the same problem, did discover that Herodotos lies dead at the scene where you meet Perikles for the first time for some reason, so could that be what's bugging out?

twitchyaceman
10-04-2018, 06:34 PM
I've made a ticket for this item aswell been trying to find a way past this for hours

UbiGabrinth
10-04-2018, 08:10 PM
Thank you for making a ticket to report this issue. If possible could someone upload a video of this issue and link it here? I can report the matter to our team to be looked into. :) Also, please let me know if you have any suspicions as to why this happened. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

SaxeGod
10-05-2018, 01:01 AM
I'm so stuck

stomff
10-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Same stupid mission. cant leave the house event. there are no more objectives. i've spoke to all the npc's. and the closest save that i have that is not tied to the quest is 6 hours of gameplay away.

CrispyKitteh
10-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Same quest, but for some reason unknown to even Christ (and I've tried the quest LITERALLY 15 times) the olive oil in the kitchen is not able to be picked up at any point. So I can't complete the support quest "Love and Oil" and cannot continue the main quest because of olive oil.

KingDeathHTX
10-05-2018, 09:13 PM
I am also having the same problem with this quest as it happened 2 days ago i have went back to a different save and when i did it just loaded my back into the house as to were i cant even get out. Now for some reason when i re did a loaded save it said i beat the quest and unlock other quest but still cant leave the house.

brendoggydog
10-07-2018, 11:09 AM
So there is a quest called Perikles's Symposium. You are in this house and you cant leave, there should be a character named herodotos that you have to speak with. But he aint there and now i cant move on, its main quest. I saw someone else posted this same problem on reddit.

I have the same sorta problem, same quest, same place but pheobe just drops dead after talking to her and then after completing the quest you need to speak to her to get back out but obviously you canít have a conversation with a dead corpse! Replayed hours of gameplay to reload it but still the same problem.

Ubi-Baron
10-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Thank you for the continued reports.

As mentioned by Gabbin, is anyone able to provide a video example of this? So for instance showing you unable to interact or the NPCs dead?

stomff
10-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Uploaded the img over here, i got 2 dead npc's. -> https://ibb.co/eFpE3p

T0tesmyg04ts
10-07-2018, 04:41 PM
Have the same problem, did discover that Herodotos lies dead at the scene where you meet Perikles for the first time for some reason, so could that be what's bugging out?

I had the same thing happen to me during that quest,I thought I did something wrong at first.Then when I got to this mission and all of this started happening to me,I thought maybe it was because I didnít sail my ship which he was still on back to where perikles symposium was and Restart all over.Now I canít even load any save before that quest and Iím just stuck in the room running with no one to talk to and canít leave.

Spiffu
10-07-2018, 06:14 PM
Same issue on my end, only mine is slightly ahead. Im stuck on the Oil and love quest, with no objective marker (quest tracked) i managed to find the door which you can interact with, and im told to grab some olive oil. I get the oil, and i find out a possible clue about Alexios's mother, but that's it. Still stuck in Perikle's house.

iHanson
10-07-2018, 06:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONsxod_piG0 Sorry for the quality

iHanson
10-07-2018, 06:46 PM
Sorry for double post, but I recorded and uploaded video of this bug.

brendoggydog
10-07-2018, 09:02 PM
Thank you for making a ticket to report this issue. If possible could someone upload a video of this issue and link it here? I can report the matter to our team to be looked into. :) Also, please let me know if you have any suspicions as to why this happened. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

https://youtu.be/tOWOG8YlIYY

hxzmm
10-08-2018, 05:11 AM
I got the same issue. Herodotos is not at where he is supposed to be. I cant talk to him and move on. I am stuck in the house.

DMnot33
10-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Same issue as everyone else here too. I go inside Perikles's house, no Herodotus to be found, so in essence I am stuck in there.
If it helps, as one other user mentioned, first time I met with Perikles, Herodotus kept dropping dead on me, not sure if that has anything to do with his lack of appearance later on.

ubi--unicorn
10-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Thanks, what game version are you all on?

SaxeGod
10-08-2018, 10:13 PM

I'm on pc

DMnot33
10-08-2018, 11:07 PM
@ubi--unicorn : PC platform, Game Version 1.0.2, straight ran through UPlay.

brendoggydog
10-08-2018, 11:11 PM

Iím on PlayStation 4

T0tesmyg04ts
10-08-2018, 11:34 PM

Iím on Xbox one

phkl86
10-09-2018, 12:11 AM
I'm playing on PS4, current update 1.0.2

When I finished the quest "Snake in the Grass" and killed Elpenor , no new quest appeared and when I filter quests for "Odyssey", the number "0" is displayed on the left hand side under the fitler, where as other filters have numbers for the active quests.

A walkthrough from IGN says:

After completing Snake in the Grass, head back to the Sanctuary of Delphi. Herodotos is waiting behind the temple in front of two columns that look like they have snakes coiled around them.

But the guy is not standing at the two columns. I would hate to load a save game before the Snake in the Grass mission, because that would cost me quite some coins and lower my level from 18 to 14.

ubi--unicorn
10-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys! I've passed this along for investigation!

DMnot33
10-11-2018, 06:32 PM
Herodotus not being in Perikles's house bug still present in 1.0.3.

Also randomly getting "quest completed" while in there, but can't get out of the house anyway.

Dubskyy
10-12-2018, 12:50 AM

Xbox One X and have the issues in the house where Herodotus doesnít spawn in.

DMnot33
10-12-2018, 02:57 AM
Probably it has to do with Herodotus "dying" after you first hear Perikles speak at the Pnyx ("Welcome to Athens" quest I think).
I replayed it with patch 1.0.3 and again, Herodotus died (for no reason) and I suspect he stays dead for the rest of the game. Now that I come to think of it, after that I never saw Barnabas on my ship again.

@Ubi support/devs, I think you should look into what causes major NPCs to die in that particular quest, it sure feels like some of them just drop dead for whatever reason and then the game can't find them again, hence breaking the rest of the main story.

The fact that it happens on all platforms most likely confirms there is something wrong behind the game logic at that particular quest rather than something that's platform specific
(e.g. dated drivers or some users playing with trainers -all of these would be PC-specific).

Hope this helps a bit...

Urfatanddumb
10-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Phoibe still dies in Perikles Symposium.

(PC version, 1.0.3)

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated everyone, I can confirm this was not included in a 1.03 patch as we are still looking into the issue

Are you able to make a support ticket via https://support.ubi.com/ with a copy of your save file attached to help with the investigation?

Save files can be found at the following locations: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000037092/Save-game-locations-for-Assassin-s-Creed-Odyssey-ACOD/

Once you've done this, can you send me the ticket number here so I can pass these over ASAP!

Cheers :D

joonlandwier
10-16-2018, 01:39 PM
When is there going to be a fix for this problem? I would like to continue the story. Have been completing provinces and side quests while waiting for an update but its taking a little long now..

jamgreen543
10-20-2018, 10:28 PM
In the quest Perikles Symposium, Phoibe falls to the floor dead after I change my clothes. I am then stuck in the house after i talk to perikles, and cannot proceed any further in the game. I have tried starting over, loading from multiple save points and nothing works. How could ubisoft put out such a buggy product?

DMnot33
10-21-2018, 03:39 AM
I believe I have found the issue and the solution, might wanna read up on it here:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1947519-Good-news-on-the-Perikles-Symposium-bug-might-contain-some-minor-spoilers?p=13744121#post13744121

UbiMorning
01-03-2019, 12:43 AM
Hi again. I have responded to you on this thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1945247-Bugged-Trapped-in-Perikles-s-Symposium).