PDA

View Full Version : Patch

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 04:41 AM
Dear Oleg and Ubi,

Thank you all for a great game! It has kept me interested for almost two years and introduced me to the fun of flying on line with a squadron.

Please consider sharing information about the real progress of the patch with each weekly update. You could even tell us just that Beta testing of the patch is going on and you really don't know at this time when it will be released. Please remember that even us in our 50's view this upcoming patch like a child waiting for Santa Claus at Christmas.

There's really no reason not to give the community more information. I for one would appreciate it.

Next, I would appreciate receiving at least some information about the anticipated computer requirements for BOB. Unless I'm dead or finally too feeble to maneuver my stick, I'm going to buy the game. I would like to know whether my 32 bit 3.2 ghz computer will be adequate as you forsee it now or whether I'll need to upgrade. I suspect that an upgrade will be required, but my wife understands./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

However, some of us are flying FB with systems that are just adequate. If we upgrade now, will our upgraded systems be adequate for BOB? Many of the community do not have the funds to upgrade computers on a yearly basis. Do we upgrade now or wait until BOB is closer?

Please consider sharing more information with us. In my opinion, sharing information with all of us will be of benefit to us and to your companies. Remember, a satisfied customer is a repeat customer!

Baylor6

Message Edited on 10/25/0310:03AM by BaylorMax

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 04:41 AM
Dear Oleg and Ubi,

Thank you all for a great game! It has kept me interested for almost two years and introduced me to the fun of flying on line with a squadron.

Please consider sharing information about the real progress of the patch with each weekly update. You could even tell us just that Beta testing of the patch is going on and you really don't know at this time when it will be released. Please remember that even us in our 50's view this upcoming patch like a child waiting for Santa Claus at Christmas.

There's really no reason not to give the community more information. I for one would appreciate it.

Next, I would appreciate receiving at least some information about the anticipated computer requirements for BOB. Unless I'm dead or finally too feeble to maneuver my stick, I'm going to buy the game. I would like to know whether my 32 bit 3.2 ghz computer will be adequate as you forsee it now or whether I'll need to upgrade. I suspect that an upgrade will be required, but my wife understands./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

However, some of us are flying FB with systems that are just adequate. If we upgrade now, will our upgraded systems be adequate for BOB? Many of the community do not have the funds to upgrade computers on a yearly basis. Do we upgrade now or wait until BOB is closer?

Please consider sharing more information with us. In my opinion, sharing information with all of us will be of benefit to us and to your companies. Remember, a satisfied customer is a repeat customer!

Baylor6

Message Edited on 10/25/0310:03AM by BaylorMax

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Too early I bet. Ask this question a year from now. Your asking the developers of a game to give you specs that they don't know until the game is finished and almost ready for distribution. This game, as far as I know, isn't even code yet, much less a testable game.

http://www.80snostalgia.com/classictv/airwolf/pic1.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Re Patch - Oleg has said it will be soon, but if you've been around these boards (FB and LOMAC) for a while you'll understand that an exact date is unwise. FWIW as far as I can tell, it's almost all done (99%).

Re BoB - Oleg suggested at Birmingham that BoB would run very well on PC's twice as fast as current ones (around 5GHz) and estimated that consumer technology would reach that position in 18 months or so, ie early 2005.Of course that's not to say a slower one won't run it - FB runs on a 3 Ghz just great but it runs on a 1.2 as well.

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 01:30 PM
i can run FB with a 400Mhz /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

-------------------------------------
IGNI RENATUS

R.A.F 198 Squadron

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Thanx for the response Ian.

Understand that *that* is all we want.

A "FWIW",

or a "AFAIC",

or a "WTHDIK",

or perhaps a WGINNITLYKIHTSBTCRWPTGACOCTHWTS*

Most of us understand the imposibility of an EXACT DATE.

a short memo from someone would be nice

and thoughtful.

Hey, YOU are the guys who decided to go into the entertainment business, not I!

Folks are hard to please and it's even more dificult to get rid of them!

Appreciate the note,

Falcon

*wild guess, I'm not necessarily in the loop ya know? I have to sneek by their conference room while pretending to get a cup of coffee to hear what they're saying.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_09.gif