PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Pointer not visible or working in Menus and Maps

Domborghini
10-02-2018, 04:04 PM
I'm using a Keyboard and mouse The gameplay itself is fine but when I hit ESC and wish to navigate the menu, first of all, there is no pointer - that would be fine if it snapped to the next menu when the mouse is moved in that direction but it seems to get lost and I have to move my mouse all over hoping that it will land on one of the menus and then very carefully move it in the direction of the menu item I want - VERY FURSTRATION - So to get around this I've connected up a Xbox controller which I pick up so I can navigate the menus. And then the map I'm dam sure there should be a pointer so that one can pin point a stop to mark but it's impossible to do with a mouse. So once again I have to rely on the Xbox controller. When I use the Xbox controller the console pointer apperars ( circle with a dot)

YazX_
10-02-2018, 05:00 PM
is the game running fullscreen or borderless window?

if fullscreen, try borderless, otherwise try fullscreen and let me know if it works.

also you could try alt+tab and see what happens.

UbiGabrinth
10-02-2018, 11:57 PM
Could you provide video of what you are seeing? It would help me to report the matter.

Domborghini
10-03-2018, 03:57 AM
Thank you for the replies - I seem to have resolved the issue, after uninstalling mouse and other controller drivers etc and using another "standard" mouse I still had the issue And then I started to fiddle with the windows mouse settings and it turns out that If I have the mouse set to trail I have this issue. Turning off mouse trails seems to have fixed it.
Just a note - Assassins Creed Origins with the mouse set to trail works fine and doesn't have this issue.

Kizombandit
10-03-2018, 03:14 PM
I have the same issue. I do not have trail selected but still need to use borderless window to see my cursor in game.

mattrickl06
10-09-2018, 04:31 PM
I have this issue also, will try both solutions above but will be a little disappointed if i have to use borderless window