PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey won't launch xbox one digital

RGB85
10-02-2018, 01:52 PM
Title. Pre ordered and downloaded. Launch game, shows full screen odyssey image, screen goes black, returns to home. I've tried hard restarting my xbox, checking for additional updates, etc. Anyone else experiencing this?

freestyle45
10-02-2018, 02:15 PM
My physical copy just came through from Amazon, installed and downloaded the nearly 2Gb patch... crashed about 10 times now trying to load. Furthest I've gotten is about setting screen brightness. Have done full restart on Xbox etc.

MapleWaafles
10-02-2018, 02:35 PM
Can confirm same thing. Pre-ordered Sparatn Edition. Inputed the game. Downloaded all the stuff. As soon as i click new game, audio has a heart attack and then game crashes, returns to home screen. :\

lpd411
10-02-2018, 02:46 PM
Just keeps going back to Xbox start screen.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry you're having trouble with this. I'd recommend to power cycle your console first by turning it off, unplugging the power cable, holding the power button down for 15 seconds, then plugging the power cable back in and thry launching the game.

If this doesn't help, can you try playing it on another profile. If this still doesn't work, you can try deleting your save file as you haven't got any data to protect at this point if you haven't launched it.

Finally, if nothing else works you'll need to try to install the game again completely.

Gem2384
10-02-2018, 04:40 PM
I bought the Medusa Edition and I'm getting to the first loading screen and it just sticks at that point.
It's been Uninstalled and reinstalled 4x, the saved data has been deleted, even restarting the Xbox and absolutely nothing

freestyle45
10-02-2018, 04:53 PM
Are you sure we don't need to buy another console and game and try that as well? A bit poor having to do all this. I don't see why trying another profile would help - I thought I was a good Ubisoft customer so didn't realise you'd block my profile from playing the game???

Would there be a save file if I cannot start the game?

I am reinstalling the game now.

If this doesn't work can you organise for Amazon to refund my £75.

Logan dB 1
10-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Can confirm same thing. Pre-ordered Sparatn Edition. Inputed the game. Downloaded all the stuff. As soon as i click new game, audio has a heart attack and then game crashes, returns to home screen. :\

I'm having the exact same issue. None of the recommended fixes work.

freestyle45
10-02-2018, 07:19 PM
Finally got mine going after reinstalling. Hopefully that's it, although I can imagine I will have problems when I come to switch it off and play again.

Logan dB 1
10-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the digital Ultimate edition, still having the same issue. Crashes as soon as I select 'New Game'

andresvill
10-03-2018, 01:56 AM
I am having the same issue. I get to the first warning screen and get boot out to the xbox dashboard.

Did anyone solve the problem? I have tried restarting, and reinstalling with no luck.

TGIFirestarter
10-03-2018, 04:05 AM
Iíve tried power cycling, Iíve tried uninstalling, reinstalling, nothing freaking works!!! I bought the premium Spartan Collectors Edition, and this is what happens on launch day???!!!! Give me a break! Ubisoft- fix this NOW!!! Please!!!
Hey guys,

Sorry you're having trouble with this. I'd recommend to power cycle your console first by turning it off, unplugging the power cable, holding the power button down for 15 seconds, then plugging the power cable back in and thry launching the game.

If this doesn't help, can you try playing it on another profile. If this still doesn't work, you can try deleting your save file as you haven't got any data to protect at this point if you haven't launched it.

Finally, if nothing else works you'll need to try to install the game again completely.

slash199344
10-03-2018, 04:17 AM
Can confirm game will not load once you hit new game ...recommendations are useless should have known better than to get ultimate edition

Kremzonshadow
10-03-2018, 05:38 AM
I have the physical copy put the game in won't even launch to install it says installing then a few seconds later it says installation stopped just has a disc in the right hand corner I even uninstalled Assassin's Creed Origins to see if it was the system but nope I reinstalled it with no problem so many people having similar problems maybe shouldn't have had an early release with all these problems

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-03-2018, 08:36 AM
Extremely sorry for the inconvenience guys and I totally understand the frustration.

Thanks for trying the steps too, we needed to ensure these did not fix the issue before escalating the issue further which I am doing now.

Can you all give me more info on what console you have (One X, One S etc) and whether you have a digital or physical copy of the game? Thanks.

Senbonzakura228
10-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Extremely sorry for the inconvenience guys and I totally understand the frustration.

Thanks for trying the steps too, we needed to ensure these did not fix the issue before escalating the issue further which I am doing now.

Can you all give me more info on what console you have (One X, One S etc) and whether you have a digital or physical copy of the game? Thanks.

I have Xbox 1x , ultimate edition and digital. Pretty disappointing to spend this much , purely to play a little early due some time off and now can't play, could have saved some money and got standard edition at this rate

andresvill
10-03-2018, 04:00 PM

I have the original xbox one. And bought the ultimate digital edition.

Thanks for your help. I hope everything gets fixed soon.

Gem2384
10-03-2018, 04:01 PM
I have the Xbone S and the Medusa Edition physical copy

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
10-03-2018, 06:57 PM
Xbox one X, Gold digital edition, about 20 hours in and my game will no longer start. I did the hard reset, power cycle, I am reinstalling now but I have little faith that will work.

This started after the game slowly began crashing and freezing more and more as I was exploring Atika. After this most recent crash it just will not start anymore.

Ubi-JollyCharly
10-03-2018, 07:19 PM
thank you all for the details, we forwarded everything to the team for testing.

let us know if the workaround worked for you or if you are still experiencing the issue.

we are very sorry for the inconvenience and will keep you updated as soon as possible

sealecas
10-03-2018, 08:02 PM
thank you all for the details, we forwarded everything to the team for testing.

let us know if the workaround worked for you or if you are still experiencing the issue.

we are very sorry for the inconvenience and will keep you updated as soon as possible
Well Xbox one here, and it doesn't work, not whit my profile, neither a second one and not a third time after I reainstall the game, so basically I lost money since know it won't work. Thanks ubisfot for the big issue

Assassinyou2018
10-04-2018, 01:13 AM
I bought the digital version of Assassin's creed odyssey Ultimate edition 2 days ago and I even took 3 days off work to start playing this is how much I love this game and now the game won't even launch!!! I literally tried EVERYTHING!!!! UBISOFT you have some serious explaining to do !!
I AM SO SO SO EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU !!
This so unprofessional !

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
10-04-2018, 07:55 AM
Yup.. uninstalled, reinstalled, still crashes after the seizure warning screen right back to desktop. So much for that 3 day early access. I expect this kind of performance from a game preview game, not a AAA title. I believe some helix credits are in order for all of us who are being totally boned here.

Ksz1989
10-04-2018, 08:15 AM
I have Xbox One S digital ultimate edition, I've tried all the suggested fixes, had to start a new game and delete the old saves more than 3 times. It seems to be when I'm within 100m of a sync area that it freezes, makes a noise and then I have to close it down and restart. I reached level 15 but it seems to be random areas of the map, the only common theme I noticed was the sync viewpoint I just mentioned. I hope you can fix this as the game is currently not playable in this state, I'm surprised that the youtubers didn't pick up on this or have this happen to them and report it? Oh and my profile was credited with 200 Helix Credits? Did everyone get these?

Gem2384
10-04-2018, 09:15 AM
I've managed to get mine to work eventually. If you have an external hard drive install it on the internal as thanks to my fiancť as he's the one who suggested it.

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
10-04-2018, 09:39 AM
I've managed to get mine to work eventually. If you have an external hard drive install it on the internal as thanks to my fiancť as he's the one who suggested it.

I am moving mine now, if this works tell your fiance me love him long time. This could be a workaround as well and quite frankly i am suprised Ubisoft didn't ask this question. I rarely come across games that have issues like this being on an external, but i did from a S to an X with the same External so maybe ill reformat it with the X to avoid any potential issues. What did you do after you moved it? A hard reset? After moving mine it still just dashboarded me after the seizure warning.

Gem2384
10-04-2018, 11:45 AM
I am moving mine now, if this works tell your fiance me love him long time. This could be a workaround as well and quite frankly i am suprised Ubisoft didn't ask this question. I rarely come across games that have issues like this being on an external, but i did from a S to an X with the same External so maybe ill reformat it with the X to avoid any potential issues. What did you do after you moved it? A hard reset? After moving mine it still just dashboarded me after the seizure warning.

I'll let him know when he gets up, hopefully it does work and I'm also surprised ubisoft haven't mentioned this either.
After I transferred it over to the internal I didn't do anything apart from just try the game. I was literally jumping for joy as well lol.
The first few times I was just getting up to the "this game autosaves" and that was it but this time round it went straight passed there and allowing to go straight on to the game once all the things had been configured

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
10-04-2018, 01:11 PM
I'll let him know when he gets up, hopefully it does work and I'm also surprised ubisoft haven't mentioned this either.
After I transferred it over to the internal I didn't do anything apart from just try the game. I was literally jumping for joy as well lol.
The first few times I was just getting up to the "this game autosaves" and that was it but this time round it went straight passed there and allowing to go straight on to the game once all the things had been configured

Doesn't look like it worked for me after all... now I am a sad panda. Fix your dang game Ubisoft!!!!

Ailir2016
10-04-2018, 03:29 PM
I had same issue two days ago. Fixed by steps provided from the ukrainian Xbox community :
1. Remove game from console
2. Open Store and start downloading game again (Do not exit from store)
3. Launch the game (when it will allows, approx after 17 Gb downloaded) (Game should starts, at least in my case :) )
4. Provide basic settings for game and exit from the game when you come to main menu
5. Wait untill will be downloaded all content
6. Just start play a game :)

Hope it will helps to someone

J0shuaCody
10-05-2018, 01:54 AM
I have tried everything. Game still wont get past the warning screen. I spent over 100 dollars for a game that dosen't even work. Ubisoft needs to fix this fast.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-05-2018, 10:57 AM
A user posted this video which we recommend to try if you're still having issues too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBvqbtiRW14&feature=youtu.be

Bradw09
10-06-2018, 02:48 AM
I havenít bought the last 3 ASSES CREED game and I finally give and and buy this one because of the reviews. It takes me quite some time download it and then I canít play after work and Iíve been waiting. I canít even get past the screen when I boot Odyssey up, tells me ďfor some reason ASSES CREED took to long to startĒ and goes back to my dashboard. What kind of **** is this Ubisoft? I just spent $100 dollars of my money and this happens. Itís upsetting, I for one will most likely never buy a game from Ubisoft again. Anyone know how to fix this problem. I really donít want to have to download it again.

andresvill
10-06-2018, 03:16 AM
A user posted this video which we recommend to try if you're still having issues too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBvqbtiRW14&feature=youtu.be

I can confirm this didn't work for me. Anyone has had any luck?

J0shuaCody
10-06-2018, 05:05 PM
I can confirm this didn't work for me. Anyone has had any luck?

Nope dosen't work

J0shuaCody
10-07-2018, 12:18 AM
Ok i got it to work by switching from 4kHDMI port to a normal hdmi on my tv. But it seems to be a 4k problem on ubisofts end because i can play other 4k games on my xbox 1 x.

Arsenictax
10-07-2018, 02:30 AM
I turned off my internet connection and reinstalled game but not the update and it has played so far.

Snowki86
10-07-2018, 02:15 PM
seem pc player and xboxone have the same issue.

Bulldog-TWB-
10-11-2018, 03:42 AM
I want to provide some feedback... xbox 1, digital pre order deluxe ed. The failure to load just started for me. For me rebooting will allow me to get back into the game. It is however a pain to have to keep doing this to get into the game.

Baconator200442
10-11-2018, 08:44 AM
I just bought the game today and Iíve tried everything thatís been listed but itís not working for me please fix this

LiveNumber5
10-11-2018, 11:19 AM
I have had problems for 3 days now I have been told to completely turn xbox off and restart done it then told to uninstall & reinstall which I have done and it still wont work/
Hi again I have found out what the problem is when the game is doing a save it shows up that it has saved it 3 times instead of one then when I go to load game or continue game it is obviously not saving the game properly .I have been on here for over 3 hours tonight and out of 7 saves which it has done none of them will come on I have had to use an earlier save .which means I am not getting any further in the game .

yesterday I did notice someone else on the Ubisoft forums was also having the same problem so can you please help

last night 6 of my auto saves would not load I lost 3 hours of playing and 6 quests wasted now customer service have asked me to do this belowbut I think they are trying to put the blame on Xbox which is wrong as my other games are autosaving ok so they need to sort their own problems out coz they are wasting players time

RadoslavK @ Ubisoft Support
Thu, 11 Oct 2018 10:14 UTC+1

Hello LiveNumber5,

Thank you for contacting us back with your findings. They lead us to some more troubleshooting options.

Please see if by bolstering your connection the game manages to save properly:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000036879/Connectivity-issues-in-Assassin-s-Creed-Odyssey-on-Xbox-One-ACOD/

Please see if resetting your Microsoft Profile also helps:

1 - Remove your XBOX profile from the console (only do this in case you remember the email of your xbox account and password too)
- Go to the left side menu
- Select Settings >> Account >> remove account >> select your account >> remove

2 - Clear the XBOX One cache
- While the console is on, press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds the console will make a noise different to a normal power down.
- The console will power down.
- Then turn your console back on by again pressing the Xbox button.
If this procedure was completed successfully, when you start a game the console will say "Synchronizing".

3 - Add your profile to the XBOX again
- Go to the left side menu
- Select the avatar on top
- Select "add and manage"
- Add your account again

Once that is done, please test the game again and let us know how it goes. Should the issue persist, could you provide me with screenshots of the ports you have forwarded on your router?

Feel free to contact us back with any questions or concerns you might have. We would be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Radoslav
Ubisoft Support

AlexVonUseless
10-11-2018, 11:34 AM
Same happens to me aswell! I've bought the digital ultimate edition on Xbox One X. Try to launch the game, and after about 2 seconds I'm getting thrown back out on the dashboard! Not cool Ubisoft! Not cool!

SmoothLemming02
10-11-2018, 04:05 PM
It seems to have gotten worse after the update yesterday. The game only loads about 1/4 of the time. This is some serious BS.

I already reinstalled it once to get it to work the first time....

LiveNumber5
10-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Hi again I have just received another email from Ubisoft Support saying they are sending all of my reports over to Ubisoft Team for investigation .
I think they are trying to blame Xbox for this problem

Shadowclaw252
10-11-2018, 08:12 PM
I seem to be one of the lucky ones who didn't have this issue on launch, but I tried to log in after Tuesday's update and it throws me back to the Xbox dashboard now.

Tamous214
10-12-2018, 01:56 PM
I seem to be one of the lucky ones who didn't have this issue on launch, but I tried to log in after Tuesday's update and it throws me back to the Xbox dashboard now.
Same Man....

MinkyMonk
10-12-2018, 03:04 PM
So, we bought the Ultimate edition. Have got to level 21. Now having to reinstall the game. Will I lose all of my gameplay?! After paying £87 for a game, to then lose all gameplay, we'll not be happy. Especially as it's going to take about 4 hours for my broadband to download it!!:mad:

LiveNumber5
10-12-2018, 04:46 PM
I have just installed new update and it still wont launch this is a joke

Shadowclaw252
10-12-2018, 07:36 PM
So after the latest update failed to fix anything, I decide to clear my local cache on a whim. It got to the stage where it talks about autosaving (which is where it crashes for me) and synced about 75% of the data, which it didn't even try to before. Then it crashed and threw me back again.

I'm not an expert on gaming software but I know most game saves are on cloud servers so, to me, it seems that the issue is causing the game to bug out when it tries to download from there.

Regardless of whether this will delete our saves or not, if its a cloud issue Ubi need to get it sorted fast. Gaming sites aren't reporting this at the moment, they're continuing to sing the game's praises, but if this drags out any longer they won't be able to ignore reporting it.

MinkyMonk
10-12-2018, 08:50 PM
So I just reinstalled it and it still didn't work. So I have now updated my xbox software and it's working fine. Got my save data back and everything. Wait and see if it continues to work ok...anyone else updated their console software and it's fixed the issue?

Shadowclaw252
10-13-2018, 07:58 AM
Can confirm what the person above has said, updating the Xbox system software seems to do the trick. For now anyway lol

eldude1234
10-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Unlike the two guys above my game was working fine until Xbox decided to update. Now Iím getting the black screen.

marc5916
10-13-2018, 05:53 PM
@ eldude1234

Then try this:

Refresh your Xbox One dashboard, by holding down both LT and RT at the same time, and then press the Y button too. You should then see your Xbox One dashboard do its refresh animation.

And either the first or the second step below:

Clear your system’s cache, by turning your Xbox One off, and then unplugging it from the wall. Keep it unplugged for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in and turn it on.

OR

Perform a hard restart, by holding the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on. The system will turn off. When you hit the button again, it will start and display the green start-up screen.

LiveNumber5
10-13-2018, 08:05 PM
Hi again I have done what Marc has said every day for the last five days and it wont load any of the saves it starts to load I then get black screen then it goes back to
Xbox home screen & now Ubisoft support are not bothering to get back to me this game is a waste of time

Football1519
10-14-2018, 05:22 PM
Ubisoft where do we send these assasins creed odyssey games that wonít even install? What a joke pay extra for early release and the game doesnít even work. Iím thinking refund!

Football1519
10-14-2018, 05:51 PM
Best advice ever mine works now as well. Ubi should hire this dudes fiancť! I read ten pages of ubi fixes and not one worked!

LiveNumber5
10-15-2018, 05:48 PM
Back on at last but I had to lose 3 levels but see how long this lasts .I tried to do a review on Amazon and they refused to put it on

FastandGun64
10-17-2018, 06:25 PM
My game won t launch since day one what should i do ?

melisb3
10-21-2018, 10:25 PM
Hi guys! Same problem but with origins :( will i lose all my data?

Well Xbox one here, and it doesn't work, not whit my profile, neither a second one and not a third time after I reainstall the game, so basically I lost money since know it won't work. Thanks ubisfot for the big issue

KingofCrazy911
10-30-2018, 03:47 AM
Iíve tried everything everyone has listed and no luck!! My game wonít continue. It loads a little bit and then crashes. I tried starting a new game and the movie portion froze and the music went crazy so I had to quit the game.