PDA

View Full Version : i installed gold edition but i can't see the gold edition cover only the standard

Osamab1nstackn
09-30-2018, 10:36 PM
hopefully ill see it when the game drops but rite now it seems sketchy and i want to play early can someone confirm if thats normal,shouldnt i see the gold cover instead??this company really blows and nobody even tries to reply.....drop the game already

UbiScared
10-01-2018, 01:34 AM
Hey Osamab1nstackn,
Thanks for letting us know about this! If you close UPlay entirely, does it still display as just the standard edition in your Library?

Father-Jack
10-01-2018, 05:24 AM
You're lucky! I just purchased the Gold edition and I don't see anything in UPlay under My Games other than a generic grey Coming Soon icon, so I can't even preload it right now.:confused:

I've raised a ticket with Support, hopefully they'll look in to it soon.

Anykeyer
10-01-2018, 06:59 AM
Labeless "Coming soon" is actually AC3 and Liberation remastered bundle. So it registered your season pass but not the game itself it seems.
As for gold edition labels in library. Every edition should have the same cover. The only difference is bundled DLC. Thats how most Uplay games work (on PC at least). In the past Ubi made separate covers but this requres having multiple entries for the same game in Uplay database and this causes some problems with stuff like ""your friends playing this too", save games (if you own multiple editions), etc.

Father-Jack
10-01-2018, 09:48 AM
So it registered your season pass but not the game itself it seems.

Odyssey finally showed up in my library, thank goodness.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-01-2018, 10:29 AM
It should be fine as the only difference between Gold and Standard are the items it comes bundled with. If you are unable to play in the early access period please let us know.