PDA

View Full Version : Legendary elo system fix to address derankers

Toothy01
09-29-2018, 02:04 PM
Dear community managers,
Thanks for your posts giving us visibility on the upcoming balance changes and events, I really appreciate it.
Is there any plan to fix the elo system to address the derankers issue in legendary?

I acknowledge that changes have been made for Silver shields derankers. However, for Legendary ranking, you must be aware that derankers are also a painful reality.
Every end-of-season, the same thing happens: derankers suddendly appear to climb up the ladder and get legendary season rewards.
I spent all the season hovering around 1500 (with 2 epics level 4, 1 legendary level 2, rares level 5) and most opponents had cards level comparable to mine. However, since yesterday, I keep facing people in ranks 3000-5000 with decks I cannot beat (several legendaries level 3, all epics at level 4 and sometimes level 5...). I lost over 600 ranks, and my team mates faced the same.

This is extremely frustating to see that the elo system encourages it: if I win against a deranker I get max 50-100 elo, but if I lose I lose more than 250 elos.
Could you share the feedback with the devs to fix it? It could be for instance giving better lockers when you are higher ranked, or averaging the elo points of the full season instead of taking only the last day...

Thanks,

vbalazs91
09-30-2018, 02:20 PM
I completely agree with you.

Shadowmage444
09-30-2018, 06:29 PM
As someone who runs two accounts... Silvers.deranker problem feels WORSE since the implementation. Before I could face opponents at maybe a 1-3 nk lv disadvantage... This weekend I have faced more nk 17s at mid silver (a 7 level nk disadv) than i ever thought. I have seen up to nk 19s, and very rarely seen below that

Ubi-Toller
10-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Hello there!

Of course we can take this feedback to our team. We appreciate you sharing it with us.

Toothy01
10-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Thank you Toller!
By the way, now that the season is however, it takes me less than 5min to get my PVP pack as derankers are giving away matches again...

Toothy01
10-02-2018, 09:30 AM
I meant now that the season is over*
3 of my opponents gave up without fighting in my last 5 matches