PDA

View Full Version : Update on the Operations & Maintenance Patch - Hotfix Coming Soon [UPDATED]

UbiTone
09-28-2018, 04:30 PM
Forum Post Update - October 2nd, 2018

Hello Ghosts,

We have an update regarding the hotfix. In order to deliver the best quality hotfix we can, our team needs a bit more time to put polish on the fixes. We will not have a maintenance on Oct. 3, but we can assure you that it will be coming soon.

We will update you as soon as we have more information to share. Thank you for your patience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Ghosts,

It has come to our attention that even after the Operations & Maintenance Update, there have been players experiencing the Weapon Attachment bug, as well as some other issues introduced with newer additions.

Our intention with this update was to fix as many community-requested issues as possible, but we did not execute this with the level of quality that we expect of ourselves and for our players.

We understand your frustration and dissatisfaction. For that, we apologize and acknowledge that this update was not everything it should’ve been.

Hotfix

We are currently working on a hotfix that will be implemented on Wednesday, October 3rd at 7 AM UTC | 3 AM EST. The maintenance will last three hours. In this hotfix we will be addressing the following issues:

• Some weapon attachments appearing as locked
• LVOA extended 30 round magazine attachment misplaced at the stock of the weapon
• Shift Short Angled Grip appears to be floating when attached to the U100 LMG
• U100 light machine gun has a different suppressor in the loadout and in-game, than the one that appears in the gunsmith
• No Sound is present when using PSG-1 Sniper
• Low or No Sound from Light Machine guns in Ghost War
• Crye 2 Shirt clipping through character’s left hand when equipped
• Female Sniper JPC in Coyote Brown has purple-textured bullets
• AOR 2 camo pattern direction and brightness

Weapon Attachments Bug

When we released the Operations & Maintenance Update, our team thought that we had found a solution that fixed the issue for all affected players. Based on your comments, we know that the fix we implemented did not address the bug for every player.

After receiving the feedback that there were people still affected, we assembled a task force of developers who have found a solution that will resolve the bug for all players.

Every person who was impacted by the Weapon Attachments bug will have the affected attachments unlocked following the completion of the hotfix on October 3rd.

We really appreciate your patience as we worked to find a universal solution. The quality of our updates will be a top priority that we are paying special attention to moving forward.

Purchasable Weapons

Based on community feedback, we are also going to separate the LVOA and the M4 from the Relentless Fighter pack for individual purchase. This will be done after the LVOA extended magazine bug is addressed in the hotfix.

All weapons that are available in packs for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands will have the option to be purchased separately from the packs moving forward.

The Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands team is passionate about this game and our community. We are immensely thankful the love and support you all have put into each hour spent taking on the dangers of the Wildlands together.

Thank you, Ghosts.

sgtsmithki
09-28-2018, 06:26 PM
Only weapons can be purchased separately? wish the cosmetics could be too.

Ghost-Ami
09-28-2018, 06:44 PM
Is it too late to point out that a JPC in Kryptek Typhon also gets abnormally coloured sniper cartridges? (In this case a sort of dark chrome or shiny black.)

sgtsmithki
09-28-2018, 07:27 PM
So will the 416 be purchasable separately and after u buy it will the price of the pack lower

KunninPlanz
09-28-2018, 09:05 PM
The quality of our updates will be a top priority that we are paying special attention to moving forward.

We, the community, will be the judge of that. :P

BERTANDERNY
09-28-2018, 10:10 PM
@ubitone. very good mate. the teams apology is recognised and for my part, accepted. the teams passion is recognised and appreciated. i for one am very much looking forward to going back to bolivia.

GiveMeTactical
09-29-2018, 12:58 AM
Hello Ghosts,

It has come to our attention that even after the Operations & Maintenance Update, there have been players experiencing the Weapon Attachment bug, as well as some other issues introduced with newer additions.

Ha ha ha ha... I just love the non chalant and condescending way you try to come off as if you don't know how botched the miracle patch was... or any of the other patches for that matter.

Let's see how many paywall items this hotfix will bring and what exactly it will fix as opposed to what it will break.

BIG_BOSS_S.
09-29-2018, 03:25 AM
for compensation give players limited amount of days to purchase cosmetic items separately from the store, maybe a day or two. that way you ubi can still control the economy and keep making money and the customers can also be happy because they have a opportunity to purchase cosemtics items separately even though if its for a day or two.

can you also fix the audio footsteps bug as well? this has been an issue since day 1.

xXSCAR117xX
09-29-2018, 03:59 AM
The grenade launcher is also glitched on the LVOA-C. Itís too far up on the rail (I used the Bad News for reference and itís drastically different) and makes the left arm look broken. The Super 90 also has an issue with the left arm looking broken.

MichaelS1211
09-29-2018, 05:00 AM
when will the m110 be added

General_-ZEUS-
09-29-2018, 05:11 AM
Hello Ubisoft Team, It has been a long time that I have been reporting a serious problem in the main character of Ghost Nomad, very slow when to take out the weapon, very slow when to run, very slow when to go to the side and to the other, the gameplay sucks to correct this urgently please leave the Nomad more fluid, play on the Console PS4 PRO.

j0hn.S
09-29-2018, 01:11 PM
So will the M4 have the short barrel option finally ?

KunninPlanz
09-29-2018, 05:14 PM
for compensation give players limited amount of days to purchase cosmetic items separately from the store, maybe a day or two.

For compensation give players bipods for free.

Fixed your post for you mate. :P

sgtsmithki
09-30-2018, 02:12 AM

It already does unless you mean the M4A1, if so I agree with also including extended stock, and option to remove front sight when a sight is equipped

Lone_Rogue57
09-30-2018, 02:33 AM
About the Thatcher Icon, I'd like to see his mask (the S10 gas mask) as a separate cosmetic item that you can use for your custom outfits and not just on the icon. Secondly: about the M4 Super 90 shotgun, I'd love to be able to equip red dot sights on it's top rail, that would be totally awesome! Hope you guys could add those additions/ideas in a future update. I would appreciate that a lot. Thanks

Ho3rnchen87
09-30-2018, 11:12 AM

and a Long Barrel for the LVOA C

iiDankBulletii
09-30-2018, 10:04 PM
It would not be a LVOA-(C) with a long barrel. It would be a weird LVOA build that would not fit any roll for that rifle.

iiDankBulletii
09-30-2018, 10:07 PM
The grenade launcher is also glitched on the LVOA-C. Itís too far up on the rail (I used the Bad News for reference and itís drastically different) and makes the left arm look broken. The Super 90 also has an issue with the left arm looking broken.

Yes! I am glad I am also not the only one who noticed that! They should be fixing that a long with the magazine. I hope? Maybe we should inform them before the hotfix?

mancae90
10-01-2018, 03:18 AM
You must to fix glitch in new map checkpoint!
I sent a mail two days ago. Read it!
Ticket nį 07056843

almirsilva
10-01-2018, 04:21 AM
Espero que realmente sejam resolvido todos os problemas pois nos jogadores somos apaixonados por este jogo obrigado a todos

joaostorfe
10-01-2018, 03:17 PM
I would like to see the outfits of dlc fallen ghosts to customize the character. an option to disable the backpacks would also be welcome

fastastoast
10-01-2018, 07:17 PM
Lol, u guys are funny. Can we just get the game fixed. Gun barrels, haha. Also patch notes.

MichaelS1211
10-02-2018, 04:30 AM
Please add the M110 sniper rifle from ghost recon future solider
More beards and hairstyles
Customization to plate carriers and helmets
More backpack and a none option for the backpacks
A none option for our weapons
More style of holster as in changing the position of it
Bipod on snipers assault rifles lmg
Flashlights add a glock
240 bravo machine gun and a way to rappel from helichopter and buildings

j0hn.S
10-02-2018, 04:55 AM
Yup i did mean a short barrel option fot the M4a1.

MichaelS1211
10-02-2018, 02:29 PM
M240 bravo atvs rope to rappel from building and helicopters a none option for backpack and secondary weapons any glock variant and the m110 sniper rifle from ghost recon future solider more customization on our helmets like taking the google off but leaving the mount on and making the jpc a little bigger it is too small

fastastoast
10-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Please add beards for female characters. Only allowing beards on male characters is discrimination.

DASH231095
10-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Can we please get the us desert tri colour camo sorted please, it was too bright and looks nothing like the real camo!

BERTANDERNY
10-02-2018, 06:44 PM
i must admit i am very disappointed in the delay for the hotfix. i get updates dont always go to plan. i get that things happen that are unforseen. i understand you guys cant always give a eta on fixes and i appreciate when something goes wrong, its not a simple job to just "fix it". i will say however, being told a fix, to fix the last fix, is incomming on a particular date, only to be told actually, no its not, is, well, disappointing. at the very least, you guys need to sort your lines of communication out. and stop leaving your mods in the firing line for these issues. we have a saying here in the uk, it goes, "your taking the mickey a bit now". sort it out lads (and lasses).

CrockfordCK
10-03-2018, 12:22 AM
Yes! I am glad I am also not the only one who noticed that! They should be fixing that a long with the magazine. I hope? Maybe we should inform them before the hotfix?

With both the LVOA-C and the LVOA Bad News, the GL is in the correct position.(Aligned to the business end of the rail.) The reason it looks odd on the LVOA-C and not the Bad News, is because the Bad News has a shorter rail. So it's not a bug, it's a difference in artistic direction. That being said, I don't like the way it looks either and I wish the LVOA-C had the shorter rail to match the Bad News.

@Ubisoft: Thanks for all the fixes and content updates. Keep 'em coming.

klavx20
10-03-2018, 04:27 AM
What about the Rebel Vehicle Spawn? They spawn faaar away!
And about the flags. Why do I have to buy my countrys flag? I get that we plays as americans but its just a bad style from you Ubisoft, I mean com on guys.
Love your work and that you listens and trys!

SD_Arwed
10-03-2018, 08:52 AM
Hello,
i hope you take the time to fix the color of the LVOA-C!!
The ingame LVOA Looks like crapÖ.Fix that or Refund my Money...

http://security-division.de/pics/LVOA-C.png

DeferentFall51
10-03-2018, 02:19 PM
With the last 2 packs introduced to the game, the 416 and the lvoa-c both in separate packs were released bugged/glitched in the game, it's also worth noting that each hotfix seemed to appear later in the season dates.

Regarding the current events, would it be fair to award players who purchased the weapons early to recieve in game store credits/ spec op crates for the inconvenience?

Also I'd like to ask in regards of the seasons approach for maintenance & such, what would the players really be expecting this season? Will this be similar to operation health for rainbow 6, where we would hopefully see many fixed & improvements at the end of the season? Or a series of hotfix patches & updates?

MichaelS1211
10-03-2018, 06:11 PM
The mag is still glitched on the lvoa c

sgtsmithki
10-03-2018, 06:32 PM
The mag is still glitched on the lvoa c

The patch ain't today

MichaelS1211
10-03-2018, 08:06 PM
when is it

Niyvandir
10-03-2018, 08:40 PM
Whenever they figure out where they went wrong with their code and work out a solution or their dev team are ghosts thus nothing actually will happen. Who knows Kappa

greendebbi58
10-03-2018, 08:40 PM
Could you also please please please address/fix the missing suppressor for the Desert Tech HIT BDC?? Mine had been missing since July 30!

OrangeFr3ak817
10-03-2018, 09:00 PM
Will the compensators on the 416 be fixed too?

https://i.imgur.com/WSW3hnfl.jpg?2

MichaelS1211
10-03-2018, 09:33 PM
It will get fixed

iiDankBulletii
10-03-2018, 11:13 PM
This was very disappointing. Can we expect this fix by the weekend? What is soon for your team if you don't mid me asking.

MichaelS1211
10-04-2018, 02:25 AM
I want them to add theses things from my list

1 M240 bravo
2 any glock variant and the m110 sniper rifle from ghost recon future solider
3 rope to rappel from building and helicopters
4 a none option for backpack and secondary weapons
5 More bearda and hiar styles
6 more customization on our helmets like taking the google off but leaving the mount on
7 make the jpc a little bigger it is too small
8 Customization to plate carriers and helmets
9 More backpack and a none option for the backpacks
10 A none option for our weapons
11 More style of holster as in changing the position of it
12 Bipod on snipers assault rifles lmg
13 Flashlights

nga-chairman
10-04-2018, 04:40 AM
Please please please take an extra week more and put 2 new maps in for PVP :)

It will keep it fresh till operation three when you guys release another 5 maps ;)

SilverSnipz114
10-04-2018, 07:57 AM
The reason it looks odd on the LVOA-C and not the Bad News, is because the Bad News has a shorter rail. So it's not a bug, it's a difference in artistic direction.

Not quite, the LVOA-C's handguard doesn't have a continuous picatinny rail system. Rather it has small 4-5 inch sections of rail added to the guard in the holes you see all over it.
So to have the Grips look a good length from the lower receiver they put the section of rail more in the middle of the hand guard on the LVOA-C so when you put the M203 on it it looks too far up. While on the Bad News you can't put a grip on it so they put the m203 in the correct position.

The m203 should be against the magazine well on the lower receiver, you essentially use the magazine as a grip with the trigger of the m203.

SilverSnipz114
10-04-2018, 08:01 AM
JPC is the correct size. The Jumpable Plate Carrier is meant to be small and light weight, in reality you'll only see JPCs worn on few ops or operations done by tier 1 and 2 units.
Plate Carriers only protect vitals, like lungs and heart (that's why it's so far up) you won't want to use it for long deployments or patrols.

If you want a plate carrier for better protection ask them to add a CPC or a 6094 plate carrier.

MichaelS1211
10-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Look at Blackbeard and Valkyrie's jpc they are big

Wicked_Spoon
10-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Following the October 3 update, some attachments that were missing reappeared in the inventory (such as the 50 round extended magazines), however are still locked even though I have collected them already. This appears to only affect extended magazines I already collected (30 and 50 round for ARs, 10/20 round extended for snipers), and I am unable to revisit their locations to unlock them again.

Tsuan_Pao
10-04-2018, 11:10 PM
There hasen't been any update on 3 October.
Here's why.

"Hello Ghosts,

We have an update regarding the hotfix. In order to deliver the best quality hotfix we can, our team needs a bit more time to put polish on the fixes. We will not have a maintenance on Oct. 3, but we can assure you that it will be coming soon.

We will update you as soon as we have more information to share. Thank you for your patience."

Ubi-Lucipus
10-05-2018, 10:27 AM
Following the October 3 update, some attachments that were missing reappeared in the inventory (such as the 50 round extended magazines), however are still locked even though I have collected them already. This appears to only affect extended magazines I already collected (30 and 50 round for ARs, 10/20 round extended for snipers), and I am unable to revisit their locations to unlock them again.

Cirrocu, the planned update aims to look at the attachment issue among other things.

Once we have more information (as Tsuan_Pao mentioned) we will let you know.

DalenorTheBlack
10-05-2018, 11:03 AM
When can I expect my refund for attachment packs that I had to purchase to utilize content in the game that was already paid for, taken away from me, and then ignored for months on end?

R1nKR_PS4
10-05-2018, 01:00 PM
i must admit i am very disappointed in the delay for the hotfix. i get updates dont always go to plan. i get that things happen that are unforseen. i understand you guys cant always give a eta on fixes and i appreciate when something goes wrong, its not a simple job to just "fix it". i will say however, being told a fix, to fix the last fix, is incomming on a particular date, only to be told actually, no its not, is, well, disappointing. at the very least, you guys need to sort your lines of communication out. and stop leaving your mods in the firing line for these issues. we have a saying here in the uk, it goes, "your taking the mickey a bit now". sort it out lads (and lasses).

I think history will show that Ubisoft have deliberately miss led the ghost recon community in its endeavour to monetarise the game. I do think dev screwed up the patch that delivered the paid for crates and strangely locked the upgrades we had all earned from farming. Ubisoft still can not clarify whether we need to pay to get the weapons and there accessories back, that were a part of the original game. The cost dev must be incurring running this circus is just adding to the problem. The game in itís original guise is still playable and the original content was excellent in my opinion, but I wonít be paying for any more content.

BERTANDERNY
10-05-2018, 01:15 PM
everyone is entitled to their opinion. in mine, i do NOT think we have been deliberately mislead. and they didnt lock stuff just to make people pay for it. imo, thats conspiratorial hyperbolic nonsense. imo, its clearly a **** up, which was not intentional. we dont need to "pay" for anything. they said they will fix it so either they will, or they lose players of this and the next game. purposefully breaking the game is just not good business, and we all know that the whole point of the endeavour, regardless of what some players would like to believe, is to make money. you dont make more money by pissing off your players on purpose.

i have no doubt they are trying to fix it, i have no doubt they will eventually get the hotfix out. its the communication of the matter that is most disappointing. it should not have been announced as fixed, if it was not fixed. fingers crossed, we dont have to wait much longer.

R1nKR_PS4
10-05-2018, 01:44 PM
everyone is entitled to their opinion. in mine, i do NOT think we have been deliberately mislead. and they didnt lock stuff just to make people pay for it. imo, thats conspiratorial hyperbolic nonsense. imo, its clearly a **** up, which was not intentional. we dont need to "pay" for anything. they said they will fix it so either they will, or they lose players of this and the next game. purposefully breaking the game is just not good business, and we all know that the whole point of the endeavour, regardless of what some players would like to believe, is to make money. you dont make more money by pissing off your players on purpose.

i have no doubt they are trying to fix it, i have no doubt they will eventually get the hotfix out. its the communication of the matter that is most disappointing. it should not have been announced as fixed, if it was not fixed. fingers crossed, we dont have to wait much longer.

That opinion is fair enough, but I do not state Ubisoft have locked the weapons intentionally to make people pay twice. I am stating what I have read from others and the feedback I have had from Ubisoft directly.

Iíve had tech cases opened to explore this point and have received feedback from Ubisoft that state paying to get weapon and accessories back has not been ruled out. I make the point that the weapons as released with the game to use with weapon smith have been paid for already. If Ubisoft wants to sell upgrades for additional item, that is a different matter.

Itís not a conspiracy that Iím outlining but a strategy that was touched on, on this forum and several others by other commentators, including yourself.

It follows that the dev cost is huge and Ubisoft need to make return on the resource they invest in development somehow. They are doing that through micro transactions. That is fact and actually announced by Ubisoft itself. Why is there a roulette wheel for obtaining items from crates? That requires payment, that as far as I can see is enticing the thrill of gambling and thus addictive behaviour. At this point Ubisoft should be able to explain the weapon upgrade problem but it is actually refusing to. They know something at least about it because they attempted a fix!

They could also withdraw the monetised upgrade packs but are choosing not to do so. People are buying these upgrade packs for weapons and accessories to try and get them back in game. In doing so they paid twice. So the space for a coincidence is actually diminishing.

I play several Ubisoftís titles and think they are great. But I have noticed there is a point that paying into a game doesnít produce anything more for the consumer. There is a lot of fluff. Ubisoft are not deploying a pay to win approach as far as I can tell. But they are offering packages that the player doesnít need to play the game. More effort appears to go into this than developing new aspects of the game or fixing bugs in older aspects.

This is probably outlining the cost of producing the titles we like to play is greater than i realise. There are however more transparent ways to raise revenue. The yearly pass seemed reasonable. But so far year 2 has delivered very little by comparison to the year 1 dlc. Year 1 set an expectation in my mind. Perhaps that was incorrect. But the weapons bug is inexcusable.

brooksturner
10-05-2018, 05:41 PM
They didnít do the update on the 3rd... it was delayed

tigerwad
10-05-2018, 06:48 PM
i still don't have the extended mag for the vector, despite it being to 2 days after they said it would be completely fixed

KunninPlanz
10-05-2018, 08:10 PM
i still don't have the extended mag for the vector, despite it being to 2 days after they said it would be completely fixed
That's because they haven't released the patch yet. Check the original post for this thread again. Ubi have said they need to more time to make sure they have got their **** together properly this time before releasing the patch.

D-from-Oxford
10-05-2018, 09:35 PM
About the Thatcher Icon, I'd like to see his mask (the S10 gas mask) as a separate cosmetic item that you can use for your custom outfits and not just on the icon. Secondly: about the M4 Super 90 shotgun, I'd love to be able to equip red dot sights on it's top rail, that would be totally awesome! Hope you guys could add those additions/ideas in a future update. I would appreciate that a lot. Thanks

All Icons should be available in the constituent parts, once unlocked (via purchase or loot box). This would make the packs on the store great value for money.

fetito666
10-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Will we get a compensation such as loot boxes for the delayed patch?

ASDAFAQ
10-08-2018, 10:31 AM
The real question is that, will we ever get the patch ? also we are talking about Ubisoft so don't have your hopes up for compensation.

Thunderdome.
10-08-2018, 04:28 PM
How about you guys first fix the frezzing/crashing issues before doing a weapon bug fix? Whenever i enter the map my game just freezes after 3 seconds, every damm time.. I tried everything but nothing works...

Thunderdome.
10-08-2018, 04:30 PM
Freezing*

Eclipsow
10-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Will we get a compensation such as loot boxes for the delayed patch?

Haha don't count on it.. They never give anything, and even if they do, it would be an useless skin or some sh*t like that... :)

DASH231095
10-10-2018, 12:50 PM
I purchased a resource pack from the store to help out a little in ghost mode but I didn't receive any of the resources which I paid 800 credits for? The resource and skill point packs were only added after ghost mode and they haven't been sebt to my game account either (which would be absolutely useless) would like for a refund of my credits or for the resources I paid for to be put I to my ghost mode account

Also please change the US dessert tri colour (dcu) camo, it looks nothing like the real thing as it is far too bright and doesn't have the dusty appearance that the real camo has.

Would be really good if the AI had functional NVG's like the main character does, would be really cool if the whole team had the nvg goggles down in position for night time ops

Thanks guys!

DASH231095
10-11-2018, 03:57 PM
Would really appreciate it if the monocular helmet in face wear was actually in the head wear section (would make sense as it is a helmet?) that way we can choose the face wear instead of the default two eye hole balaclava, which would not have been my first choice.
Also I think the face protection piece should come with a default artillery balaclava, looks a bit silly on its own when you have the neck exposed, think it would look cooler with the face and neck covered by a balaclava, maybe it's just personal taste what does anyone else think? Mainly asking as after all the online I've played pve and pvp I have never seen anyone use it, think it's a shame because it is such a cool item but not having the balaclava with the face protection piece really reduces its potential to actually be used.

I'm regards to the exo suit I think it would be good if the camo chosen for the top ex. Fleece, cry combat shirt etc automatically changed the colour of the trousers instead of the trousers remaining black, think it would be cool to have a camo uniform under the exo suit, I'm sure this is something which could be done considering the colour of gillie trousers is determined by the colour selected for the main ghillie suit on top

Thanks for hearing the suggestions

tralencar
10-11-2018, 04:19 PM
When will we have severe penalties for delay switch users?
I suggest a lock at the time of use

RedCeII
10-11-2018, 04:37 PM
AHH HAH HAH HAH!!! Ubi, what in hot Christ have you done to the Crye Shirt 2!?

I look like Judge Dredd!

...no words...no words...