PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard for......

VFS-22_SPaRX
04-05-2005, 08:07 PM
People to show server admins a little bit of common courtesy and respect. I see nothing but post after post of people taking cheap shots at the servers that we admins put ALOT of time and effort into. How many times do you see posts like, "I really enjoy your server, least it doesnt have the dumb <fill in setting> that <fill in server> has." Or "Your server is so much better then <server here>, their planesets suck". Why not just pay your appreciation to the server admin and leave it at that? Why go to the next step and be disrespectful? Not everyone is going to "LOVE" every server that every admin puts out. If every server was tailored to your wants and desires, there would be no varity. There are many servers I enjoy flying on, and Warclouds is not the only one. There are many I do not enjoy. So I simply do not play on them. Simple as that. Instead of going around throwing stones, just do not play on the server and enjoy one of the many other fine servers on the net.

I am not one to sit here and pat myself on my back. But I cannot stand someone that all they do everyday is click the fly button bashing on what I and others have done for your pure enjoyment. We probably have as much time in maintaining these servers as you do flying each week. How would you like to give up all your flying time? And for what, just to have someone in a round about way call you an idiot? Come on guys. What has this community come to? I would expect this from teenage CS players, but most certainly not from this community. Sometimes its best to follow the old saying, "if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at all."

S~

VFS-22_SPaRX
04-05-2005, 08:07 PM
People to show server admins a little bit of common courtesy and respect. I see nothing but post after post of people taking cheap shots at the servers that we admins put ALOT of time and effort into. How many times do you see posts like, "I really enjoy your server, least it doesnt have the dumb &lt;fill in setting&gt; that &lt;fill in server&gt; has." Or "Your server is so much better then &lt;server here&gt;, their planesets suck". Why not just pay your appreciation to the server admin and leave it at that? Why go to the next step and be disrespectful? Not everyone is going to "LOVE" every server that every admin puts out. If every server was tailored to your wants and desires, there would be no varity. There are many servers I enjoy flying on, and Warclouds is not the only one. There are many I do not enjoy. So I simply do not play on them. Simple as that. Instead of going around throwing stones, just do not play on the server and enjoy one of the many other fine servers on the net.

I am not one to sit here and pat myself on my back. But I cannot stand someone that all they do everyday is click the fly button bashing on what I and others have done for your pure enjoyment. We probably have as much time in maintaining these servers as you do flying each week. How would you like to give up all your flying time? And for what, just to have someone in a round about way call you an idiot? Come on guys. What has this community come to? I would expect this from teenage CS players, but most certainly not from this community. Sometimes its best to follow the old saying, "if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at all."

S~

Owlsphone
04-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Sparx,

For every person that says "your server suxxors" or "this server is teh worst ever", there are 100 people that enjoy and appreciate what you server admins do for this community.

You guys do not go unnoticed. So as a member of this community I just want to say, thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Don't let the minority get you down buddy.

VW-IceFire
04-05-2005, 08:30 PM
I know its hard but try and ignore them.

Warclouds isn't something I can get into every day but I've flown there a few times and I can appreciate the time spent making the settings work for the server.

It feels very finely tuned which is good. Its not my favorite settings but thats ok http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VFS-22_SPaRX
04-05-2005, 08:37 PM
I am not just speaking for myself here. I have seen people do it to countless other servers. Its just annoying to say the least. Do think for one minute I am sitting here stewing over this. I just find it very rude. I find it very rude that someone bashes something they themselves do not have the ability to do. All I am saying is, maybe its time for some people to put their attitudes in check. Show a little appreciation and lay off the smack talk. Just my 2 pennies worth.

S~!

Stiglr
04-05-2005, 09:23 PM
It's called, "feedback". Someone is just commenting on things he likes and dislikes. You can either take his suggestion or not. No need to get defensive about it. In the end, as host, what you say goes anyway.

If you perhaps take the time to listen to what's being said, instead of instantly going to the whine bottle because you're not being patted on the back and stroked, who knows? You might end up with a better, or perhaps more popular server.

p1ngu666
04-05-2005, 09:27 PM
ull get more negative than positive

warclouds is addictive, but i dont always enjoy it. not always my thing, prefer coops http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

JG53Frankyboy
04-05-2005, 09:39 PM
did you ever try to organize a COOP based online war ?

read this and laugh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.vow-hq.com/vow1/index.php?page=forum&action=topic&id=1379

vocatx
04-05-2005, 09:54 PM
SPaRX,
Don't let complaints get you down. I used to work for a petroleum distributorship selling a world known brand of products. The mother company did a customer survey one time that showed that on average, one dissatisfied customer told ten people of their bad experiences as opposed to a satisfied customer who told just one.
I run a self-serve carwash now. I have hundreds of satisfied, steady, repeat customers every month, but the only ones that usually tell me how happy they are with my place are the new ones. One the other hand, anyone with a gripe will scream, holler, and cuss until you can't take it any more.
I look forward to meeting you on your server soon. Keep your chin up.
S!

p1ngu666
04-05-2005, 09:58 PM
hehe lucky u http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

p1ngu666
04-05-2005, 09:59 PM
thats at franky, btw http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Fehler
04-05-2005, 10:48 PM
SPaRX needs a hug guys...

Now which one of you is going to give him one?

He already knows I &lt;3 him..

VFS-22_SPaRX
04-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Well as i said above, I am not all distrought about this Stiglr. What I am TRYING to get through and you obviously missed is, its not what these people are saying, its HOW they are saying it. I dont need any pats on the back or anything of that nature. If you are thinking that I am in need of this, you are sorely WRONG. All I am trying to get across is, how bout showing a little courtesy. Is that too much to ask?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FatBoyHK
04-06-2005, 01:01 AM
what is the best way to do if a whiner swear to you? Ignore him, and you win. If you try to argue with him, he win.

So what is the best way to do if a whiner criticize your server? You know it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Don't wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty but the pig actually enjoy it.

F19_Ob
04-06-2005, 02:38 AM
It's not only server admins that get heat. We all get a beating once in a while.

Sadly we are schooled in negative thinking in general, instead of constructive I mean.
This makes it hard to write an answer or discuss anything because one may unintentionally add the "normal" negativism, or the other way around that we interpret an answer as negative when it isnt.
Also constructive critisism is generally seen as an attack, even by scientists who work with constructive critisism as a tool to improve something.
This I belive is the main reasons why most posts about anything will have a negative form in the end.

I blame evolution to feel better.

-HH-Quazi
04-06-2005, 03:59 AM
If people were more constructive with their criticisms when there are real issues. But most do throw stones for no good reasons. It's sad and I do hate that you server admins put up with allot of BS for the rest of us to enjoy your hardwork. But the m8 above is right. For every bad complaint there are 10 good comments and people that actually appreciate what your guys do. I know it's been said before, but muckem. If you could actually distingushish there ip's and would be certain they just want to throw stones for the helluvit, I'd ban the lot of them. Harsh? Yep!

T_O_A_D
04-06-2005, 07:26 AM
I'ts the Internests fault. It allows the little bastids to big of a voice. Problem is It takes 10 adda boys to clean up one Oh sh ite! Or a Mod to delete the post,good points and bad, rather than edit all the c rap out. It's easier that way and faster, thinking of our flyin time here.

Basicly all said and done its easier if you can stomach it to read them and move on. Or just ignore it. Once they realize they are pushing buttons, they with there one, or two brain cells, will loose touch with their surroundings and focus on only pushing that fun little button. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-06-2005, 07:34 AM
What I see as funny is the fact that many people feel there is this "competition" amongst the different server admins to want the title of Best server or whatever. many players feel a sense of kinship with their favorite server and want to extoll the virtues of their fav over all others.

The reason I think it's funny is because most of the server admins tend to talk to each other and work out mutual problems through collective problem-solving. I guess this is missed on the general public though. I can understand what Sparx is saying. in that simply give your version of "attaboy" and leave it at that...aint gonna happen though...be sure.

TB

T_O_A_D
04-06-2005, 07:42 AM
Good point TB alot of us guys that host servers do talk and help each other on the sidelines. I'm small time compaired to the likes of WC,GG Prowar. Striclty do to resources or I'd be bouncing mine up there all the time too. But when I need help they are willing to give me some. I'm sure the general public doesn't know that. I'm sure some of them want the lime lite, but for the most part they are all happy to help.

RAF56_BTB
04-06-2005, 08:21 AM
I am not a frequent poster but I am a frequent visitor to this forum. As a recent IL2 Fan, I have soaked up copious amounts of bandwidth getting shot at and jumping out of what I perceive to be perfectly good planes, with just a few small holes here and there. I have been quiet unnecessarily crashed into and then rudely kicked off the server. This is not including the countless times I have for some unfathomable reason had an irresistible urge to head straight for the ground, and all this entertainment is provided by the server admin‚‚ā¨ôs and all this for nothing.

And all I can say is I am clad you admin peeps provide this service & long may it continue.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks
BTB

Blue-Lexus
04-06-2005, 09:07 AM
SPARX
Warclouds is one of the most popular servers. since i discovered the server I fly there 90% of the time. The server has the most realistic / playable settings available. I think the deathkick Idea is brill. There is a core of regular pilots who can only be counted as serious sim pilots. these pilots, like me keep returning because the server offers what we want.
Do yourself a favor and take a look at the stats. See how many pilots use the server and remember that for every complaint there are hundreds of pilots that have nothing to complain about.

I have changed my Nickname to Turnip.