PDA

View Full Version : DC'ed On Match Point - Lost ELO in a Win

AdequatelyShady
09-26-2018, 04:03 AM
Got a Twitch clip right here which shows that stream kept working and my internet was still connected (can provide the full VOD as proof): https://clips.twitch.tv/GrossEmpathicStinkbugBCouch

Got an alternative angle: https://clips.twitch.tv/FrigidInexpensiveEagleSquadGoals

Lost a rank, didn't get renown, got docked ELO and had an abandon sanction. I'm excited for a Ubi rep to tell me there's nothing they can do or restore any of the MMR when they just recently reset rank and adjusted MMR for a variety of people due to hacking and toxicity. Still, please do tell me that with all the evidence of AND, knowing the gamertag and all the info you can't adjust it. I don't even care about the renown points.

UbiGabrinth
09-26-2018, 06:28 PM
I am sorry to hear that you disconnected and received an abandonment penalty. I understand that is frustrating and disconnecting right at the end of match point does not allow for any time to reconnect. A red connection icon was shown in the top right of the screen in your video just as the audio cuts off for the voice communication which implies packet loss, and you then received the disconnection error 2-0x0000C015 which simply means connection was lost to our services. If you have this sort of disconnection event often, I can only recommend that you consider connection troubleshooting. Please note that connection to our services and connection to your internet service are not the same thing, and it is possible to disconnect from one without disconnecting from the other.

To speak on the elephant in the room, no we do not change MMR due to disconnection issues. A disconnection from the game does result in an abandonment penalty, though please let us know if this occurs in a game that you connected back into and successfully completed. There isn't a way to differentiate between players who disconnect because of a poor connection or disconnect because of our services having trouble. Outside of video evidence we also cannot differentiate players that simply leave the game through alt tabbing or using a lag switch.

TheTodo
09-27-2018, 12:22 AM
after last patch i also got them and i just got a sanction for a game which it didn't allow me to reconnect while playing a new game and now i can't join both of them....