PDA

View Full Version : Game computer

freakyre33
01-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Ok I'm a noob to this combat flight simulator. anyways My whole time I've tried them i really haven't had the computer with the capabilities to keep up with the game, right now i have a brand new lap top with a core 2 duo and all that stuff and windows vista, it deffinatly runs Il-2 but when there is a lot of comotion in the game it can get choppy,i mean the comp. is for the office, so i think im going to by a computer case and build a computer that i can use specifically for gaming, I just don't know all the good graphics drivers and sounds drivers that i will need, i would like your guys help in building this thing but try to keep the cost in a practical range!! Please help

freakyre33
01-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Ok I'm a noob to this combat flight simulator. anyways My whole time I've tried them i really haven't had the computer with the capabilities to keep up with the game, right now i have a brand new lap top with a core 2 duo and all that stuff and windows vista, it deffinatly runs Il-2 but when there is a lot of comotion in the game it can get choppy,i mean the comp. is for the office, so i think im going to by a computer case and build a computer that i can use specifically for gaming, I just don't know all the good graphics drivers and sounds drivers that i will need, i would like your guys help in building this thing but try to keep the cost in a practical range!! Please help

Chris0382
01-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Tell us what video board and sound board you are going to get and we will advise you then of what video and sound drivers needed for those items.

Ide go for a 8800 GT videocard and Soundblaster Xtreme gamer soundcard if you meant what components to get. The 8800GT is a PCI-E card so your motherboard needs to be PCI-E.

VW-IceFire
01-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Probably your best bang for your buck on the video card side is any GeForce 8800GT you can find. Asus, EVGA, BFG...any of those manufacturers of the 8800GT. Onboard sound is generally ok from most of the middle of the road motherboards but a Creative X-Fi is still apparently the best for true gaming. I'd strongly suggest 2GB of DDR2 RAM at a reasonably fast speed (doesn't have to be screaming but just good) and a Core 2 Duo or Quad in the middle to top end of the range will do nicely. Best to juggle your pricing on these and see which of the actual model numbers your going to get.

Might be worth doing some research and then come back at the end and ask the folks here and they can zero in on what you might want to change out for something better or if something is not worth the extra money.

Good luck!