PDA

View Full Version : Kill Range

gothpunkboy89
01-11-2011, 05:42 PM
now with this i'm not talking about the lunge chase kill though that needs to be fixed too. i'm talking the standard kills. I.E walk up on someone and hit the square button or what ever the 360 equivalent is with them being well outside of arm's reach.

this is something that annoys me i have been caught more times then i could count with that fact. killing someone then trying to run only to be killed when my pursuer was at least an arm and a half length away from me sometimes more. at a range that i should be able to escape from and that people should be able to escape from me.

that is something i don't get to stun you have to be close enough to be touching yet i can kill someone from double that range. as so many of your had pointed out repeatedly killing is suppose to over ride stun why not have them similar distance just arm's length away to kill someone.

now if you are in a high profile mode I.E running at someone i can understand giving a bit wider kill zone since in that mode jumping tackle kills can and does happen. but walking past someone and killing them before you would even be able to touch them shouldn't happen.

a good example of this issue is the smoke bomb kills. were you throw a smoke but are still killed. yes there is a delay between when the button is pushed and the smoke bomb gos off but even with that delay there should be no way the killing range is that far to reach you before the bomb effect gos off. i have been killed several dozen times by someone doing that and they getting the incognito and silent kill bonus meaning they never ran at all when near me.

i know lag can be an issue and may account for some of the kill/deaths but with all the games i have played and killed people with and been killed by i'd have to say the low profile kill range is way way to far away. reduce it to say about arms length making it so to get those low profile kills you have to actually be close enough to kill them instead of the game stopping you in your tracks while your pursuer is 2 arm lengths away from you to show you your death animation.

gothpunkboy89
01-11-2011, 05:42 PM
now with this i'm not talking about the lunge chase kill though that needs to be fixed too. i'm talking the standard kills. I.E walk up on someone and hit the square button or what ever the 360 equivalent is with them being well outside of arm's reach.

this is something that annoys me i have been caught more times then i could count with that fact. killing someone then trying to run only to be killed when my pursuer was at least an arm and a half length away from me sometimes more. at a range that i should be able to escape from and that people should be able to escape from me.

that is something i don't get to stun you have to be close enough to be touching yet i can kill someone from double that range. as so many of your had pointed out repeatedly killing is suppose to over ride stun why not have them similar distance just arm's length away to kill someone.

now if you are in a high profile mode I.E running at someone i can understand giving a bit wider kill zone since in that mode jumping tackle kills can and does happen. but walking past someone and killing them before you would even be able to touch them shouldn't happen.

a good example of this issue is the smoke bomb kills. were you throw a smoke but are still killed. yes there is a delay between when the button is pushed and the smoke bomb gos off but even with that delay there should be no way the killing range is that far to reach you before the bomb effect gos off. i have been killed several dozen times by someone doing that and they getting the incognito and silent kill bonus meaning they never ran at all when near me.

i know lag can be an issue and may account for some of the kill/deaths but with all the games i have played and killed people with and been killed by i'd have to say the low profile kill range is way way to far away. reduce it to say about arms length making it so to get those low profile kills you have to actually be close enough to kill them instead of the game stopping you in your tracks while your pursuer is 2 arm lengths away from you to show you your death animation.

El Zo1212o
01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Couple of things-
First, did you just notice this? It's always been set up so that assassination is superior to stun- in distance, overriding ability, etc.

Second, do you honestly believe this thread is going to get a more positive response than the one about lunge distance?

Finally, there is a kill type where you need to be within arms' reach- poison.

MungoTango
01-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I hate when you are being chased and they lunge, i mean you can't move faster while jumping than somebody sprinting

gothpunkboy89
01-11-2011, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElZo1212o:
Couple of things-
First, did you just notice this? It's always been set up so that assassination is superior to stun- in distance, overriding ability, etc.

Second, do you honestly believe this thread is going to get a more positive response than the one about lunge distance?

Finally, there is a kill type where you need to be within arms' reach- poison. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes we all know killing takes president over stunning but why since it will win anyways does it need a wider kill range.

yes poison does need you to be very close but it also can give tons of points in return and it can only be used what ever 90sec or so.

tell me what is your big issue with smaller kill range? makes it harder to kill targets? people can escape you with more ease. pretty much making the game a bit more challenging?

why don't you like the idea

W.E.S.P
01-12-2011, 11:15 AM
I dont know why i put lunge range in my thread. All ground ranges are to big and 70% of people on this forum agree. Mr Shade said they wouldnt fix it unless there was an issues so i pointed out the gate kill issue, which the development team are well aware of. Either way Ground to ground range needs reducing.