PDA

View Full Version : Blue Slicks?

aaronblood
06-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Alright, I tried a search... Didn't see anything so if it's a dumb question, feel free to abuse the noob.

The oil slicks are s'posed to be blue right? Somethin bout the way light interacts with oil on the water or bluebirds feathers or somethin like that?

...or does it just look odd on my graphics card. Seems to me I recall seeing a very dark (closer to black) patch in the water a couple times early on that were ablaze. But now the slicks appear blue. Maybe they were always that way I dunno.

Cool game BTW. I haven't played an enjoyable subsim since Red Storm Rising... Good grief I think that was on an Amiga! Has it really been that long?

aaronblood
06-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Alright, I tried a search... Didn't see anything so if it's a dumb question, feel free to abuse the noob.

The oil slicks are s'posed to be blue right? Somethin bout the way light interacts with oil on the water or bluebirds feathers or somethin like that?

...or does it just look odd on my graphics card. Seems to me I recall seeing a very dark (closer to black) patch in the water a couple times early on that were ablaze. But now the slicks appear blue. Maybe they were always that way I dunno.

Cool game BTW. I haven't played an enjoyable subsim since Red Storm Rising... Good grief I think that was on an Amiga! Has it really been that long?