PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator zone attack.

lNogardl
09-19-2018, 04:18 PM
I'm sure this has been brought up several times, but who thought it was a good idea to give glad such a safe zone? This is the safest move i have ever witnessed in for honor, this coming from a guy who absolutely despises Conqs bash just makes me puke everytime i see a Glad abusing this move, there is NO way of countering it besides keeping your distance (which let's face it, it won't happen.) or having far-seer abilities and just predicting it's coming and roll away, which again it's stupid hard.

Vrbas1
09-19-2018, 04:27 PM
It doesn't feel like the safest move in the game to me. Granted, I duel less and 4v4 more so I get knocked out of it all the time in group fights by either teammates or opponents. In 1v1 I can see the complaints people have with it. But even when I duel I don't find myself struggling with it all that much, however that could just be because the glads I've faced don't abuse it. If I'm playing Glad I don't spam it because I prefer to conserve my stamina and use it for other things. Everyone deals differently though.

Baturai
09-19-2018, 04:32 PM
Its broken Move. there is no single doubt. it schouldnt be cancellable or
first hit then stun.

Vrbas1
09-19-2018, 04:36 PM
first hit then stun.

I wouldn't be opposed to this. Makes it at least reactable and I'd prefer to have the stun on the latter end to aid with follow up attacks. Though, if this change were implemented we'd have more of the Raider stun spam and I don't imagine anybody particularly wanting more of that.

Siegfried-Z
09-20-2018, 09:00 AM
Well.. Glad zone is very good but he has so many weak points guys.

His Guard is the tighest of the whole game.. that makes him very weak in 4v4.. pay attention to it.. he has maybe the lowest pick rate in 4v4.

Corentin10111
09-20-2018, 10:25 AM
It is like his stunning punch, to me it is too damn fast on console. Same as warlord's headbutt, aramusha's zone, conq forward shield bash and many more..

Charmzzz
09-20-2018, 11:34 AM
It is like his stunning punch, to me it is too damn fast on console. Same as warlord's headbutt, aramusha's zone, conq forward shield bash and many more..

Glad Zone and Punch: 600ms
Warlord Headbutt, Conq Shield Bash: 500ms

Yes, it is safe to use Glad Zone. But even with that move Glad had very low (or even lowest) Winrates in Season 4 and 5.

S4: Duel Winrate 50%, 4v4 Winrate 46%
S5: Duel Winrate 45%, 4v4 Winrate 44%

I had this discussion some months ago, the other guy told me that anyone can play Glad, spam Zone and win every Duel. Luckily we both play PC - Europe... I wrecked him completely, he got like 2 Rounds out of 5 Matches. He played Glad only, I took pre-buff Warden, PK and also Glad.

Dodge the Zone bash (600ms), wait if Glad commits and parry (600ms). If he does not commit he just lost half of his Stamina. Now go offensive, Glad has a super-hard time to defend himself against feint games (especially in the same direction because he has to switch his guard to refresh it).

Siegfried-Z
09-20-2018, 02:39 PM
Glad Zone and Punch: 600ms
Warlord Headbutt, Conq Shield Bash: 500ms

Yes, it is safe to use Glad Zone. But even with that move Glad had very low (or even lowest) Winrates in Season 4 and 5.

S4: Duel Winrate 50%, 4v4 Winrate 46%
S5: Duel Winrate 45%, 4v4 Winrate 44%

I had this discussion some months ago, the other guy told me that anyone can play Glad, spam Zone and win every Duel. Luckily we both play PC - Europe... I wrecked him completely, he got like 2 Rounds out of 5 Matches. He played Glad only, I took pre-buff Warden, PK and also Glad.

Dodge the Zone bash (600ms), wait if Glad commits and parry (600ms). If he does not commit he just lost half of his Stamina. Now go offensive, Glad has a super-hard time to defend himself against feint games (especially in the same direction because he has to switch his guard to refresh it).

Exactly. His zone is reactable first. And his guard is so reflex that sometimes it feels like you better try to parry than block some attacks... you really really feel it in 4v4.

Glad just need his guard to be fix and to get a following light guaranteed at least after a punch from neutral and from parry to be good.

Corentin10111
09-20-2018, 02:56 PM
Yes it is true that the moves are not 500ms but to me there is another thing to take into account: the readability of the move. The punch is comming directly to your face and is very surprising even more if you are stun, i find it really difficult to dodge it.