PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] [SUGGESTION] NVG Flip down animation dosen't work with foregrips.

EDZO-NO-10
09-19-2018, 03:35 PM
A small, but annoying to me, bug that has been around since the first Special Operation back in the first quarter of this year is that whenever you're wielding any primary weapon that uses any of the 4 different foregrips the animation for flipping down any of the night vision headgears dosen't work. Nomad's left hand just stays on the foregrip but the NVG goggles still flip down like normal but magically by themselves.

I don't know whether the foregrips that some guns, such as the MP7 and the SRM-3, have to themselves have the same problem. I just quickly made a new profile to test all of this after the Operations & Maintence update that just came out and I was hoping that it would have been fixed given how this is quite the easy bug to spot.

The suggestion that I have in mind is about night vision but specifically on the drones. When using the Panoramic NVG or the Sonar Goggles the night vision is diferent in comparison to the regular night vision. However the night vision on the drone is always the regular night vision. What I would like to suggest, giving an example, is that if I am using the Panoramic NVG as my headgear, which uses a different night vision effect than the regular night vision, that the drones also use the same night vision effect as the Panoramic NVG when I'm wearing that headgear. The same goes for the Sonar Goggles as well. And obviously when I'm not wearing any of the special NVG headgears and I'm using a drone, whenever I activate night vision on the drone it'll just stay with the regular night vision.

Apologies for using the 2 words "night vision" 7,897,465 times. I'd just like to see this change is all.

One final, and very much already mentioned, apologies again, suggestion is AI weapon customization. I've always been a strong advocate, if you will, of wanting this in game since some of my earliest hours of playing this game. I already made another post about this earlier in the year so I'll stop myself right there. I just wanted to keep that idea alive, again, if you will.

Thanks for reading this bug report and 2 suggestions, withstanding my rambling and me probably over explaining stuff.

Ghost-Ami
09-19-2018, 03:50 PM
Specifically vertical foregrips attached to rails, I think. I can say for certain that MP7 is not affected as this is one of my favourite weapons. Can't speak to that FSB carbine.

I reported this issue a while ago and even provided video evidence. (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1926294-BUG-Dear-Ubisoft-please-fix-variable-position-NODs-and-vertical-foregrips) I was hoping they'd fix it in "O&M".

Rip.

EDZO-NO-10
09-19-2018, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the response. Glad to see this has already been reported.

RIPeperoni indeed.

LoneSpymaster
09-19-2018, 05:43 PM
"What I would like to suggest, giving an example, is that if I am using the Panoramic NVG as my headgear, which uses a different night vision effect than the regular night vision, that the drones also use the same night vision effect as the Panoramic NVG when I'm wearing that headgear. The same goes for the Sonar Goggles as well"

This is not valid with the actual way the drone works. The drone has its own NV that's why it doesn't match with your NV. In this case this isn't a bug is just how it was intended. iRL you wouldn't have a good drone view while watching through it while using your NVG. That's why drones always have their own night and thermal vision. In order to have sonar (which would be more useful than useless filters) they would need to add a new drone version.

Ghost416
09-19-2018, 06:04 PM
A small, but annoying to me, bug that has been around since the first Special Operation back in the first quarter of this year is that whenever you're wielding any primary weapon that uses any of the 4 different foregrips the animation for flipping down any of the night vision headgears dosen't work. Nomad's left hand just stays on the foregrip but the NVG goggles still flip down like normal but magically by themselves.
Have you tried the AFG? At least for me, it's the only one this doesn't happen with.

I can say for certain that MP7 is not affected as this is one of my favourite weapons.
It does it with the MP7 for me.

EDZO-NO-10
09-19-2018, 08:06 PM
Hey there. Thanks for the response.

The part about the drone that you've mentioned I did not mean to intend as a bug report. I just wanted to suggest that they change the way the drone's NV works so that it matches whatever unique NV you're using on your headgear. I do understand what you're saying about not having a good drone view though. That does make more realistic sense. Though I think it would be great to allow us some way to change the drone's NV so that it can matches the NV on our headgears. Whether this is through a new drone version as you said at the end I would not mind this. Whatever allows us, albeit with a relistic sense in mind, to choose which NV we like the most.

Thanks again for the response.

Ghost-Ami
09-19-2018, 08:08 PM
It does it with the MP7 for me.

Hmm, yes, checking it now I do get the magic handless movement of the NODs. I could have sworn this didn't used to happen to me.

A thing I've noticed recently with this bug is that sometimes Nomad's idle animations will have them releasing their vertical foregrip to wipe their brow or whatever, and at that moment changing vision modes will cause them to move their hand to flip the NODs.

So maybe that happened a few times before while I was holding an MP7 and gave me the impression it wasn't the same issue as other vertical foregrips.

Another NOD issue I've noticed is that if you try to take a screenshot with Ansel while your NODs are down they will always appear up in the shot even if the vision effect is there. Ansel's a pretty decent integrated capture system, so that's pretty annoying if you want to take some good night screens or whatever.

EDZO-NO-10
09-19-2018, 08:20 PM
Hey there.

The AFG and Shift Short foregrip or whatever its called I forget, alongside the grenade launchers, are not affected by this bug. It is only the V1-4 vertical foregrips that, and they're the ones that I want to use over of the AFG and Shift Short, are affected by this bug. Speaking of the grenade launchers I would use them over the vertical foregrips but given how I use the 416, and how the STD grenade launcher is based so annoyingly far forwardon that gun, it is very, very off putting to me. Same goes for the STD grenade launcher on the M4A1 too and some other weapons too I believe. Actually alot of attachments on guns don't look where they were when viewed in gunsmith now that I think about it. Thats another thing I'd like to see addressed too.

Thanks again for the response.

Ghost416
09-20-2018, 05:00 AM
The part about the drone that you've mentioned I did not mean to intend as a bug report. I just wanted to suggest that they change the way the drone's NV works so that it matches whatever unique NV you're using on your headgear. I do understand what you're saying about not having a good drone view though. That does make more realistic sense. Though I think it would be great to allow us some way to change the drone's NV so that it can matches the NV on our headgears. Whether this is through a new drone version as you said at the end I would not mind this. Whatever allows us, albeit with a relistic sense in mind, to choose which NV we like the most.
I don't know if it still works since the last update, but I did find a "bug" that enables you to change the drone's NV filter.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1912827-Found-a-glitch-to-change-the-drone-s-NV-filter-(PS4)

I've been mostly using the Advanced Ballistics Helmet which uses the default filter as of late. And I'm not at my console right now, so I can't test it to see.