PDA

View Full Version : Free Weekend - Thursday September 20th

UbiTone
09-18-2018, 08:19 PM
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/ghost-recon/grw/freeweekend_some_header_960x540_335250.png

We're recruiting new Ghosts to join our Task Force! Invite your friends to play on our free weekend, starting Thursday, September 20th.

Find out more information in our article here (ubi.li/kpqqz).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYflHEFCTic

MstrTarvos
09-20-2018, 08:19 PM
How do you get to it to play the free weekend? I have looked everywhere I can think of on my Xbox One and don't see it offered anywhere.

Seidnerz_is_WINS
09-24-2018, 05:39 AM
Just a heads up, since a lot of the times relevant to this issue were around midnight on the East Coast, I'm going to refer to everything by its date and time in Eastern time and hopefully avoid confusion.

I was playing what I thought was the free weekend client on September 23rd 2018 on the PS4 and was hoping to continue throughout the night into the morning. According to the official announcement,

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-us/free-weekend/?ncid=120-2723-None--1-pdsc-6-16-FY19_US_GRW_EG_SEM-GRW_Adwords_MULTI_DWLD_FW_Prospecting_BrandFW_Text _Adwords_TextAd_ClickTrackerOnly_3rd_Keyword_US%7C BROAD%7CADW%7CADW%7CGRW%7CKeyWords_BrandFW-17-2-5-0918-6-3-UBISOFT_GRW_Adwords_Text_Text_LearnMore_FWPage_EN_[NoAudience]--ID5171202723361632018092019982998099-&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIus6b0oXS3QIVC2SGCh0VuwzhEAAYASAA EgIHkPD_BwE#,

PS4 players were supposed to be able to access the free weekend until 10 AM PDT on September 24 2018 which is 1 PM EDT.

, I received the "Times up" notification at around 11:40 PM EDT on September 23rd 2018 and subsequently was prompted to purchase the game to continue playing. I downloaded the free weekend client from the PlayStation Plus section of the PlayStation Store, by clicking on the advertisement that explicitly mentioned the free weekend. As such, it definitely SHOULD have been the free weekend client. However, given the arbitrary and incorrect time that the experience was terminated, it occurred to me that I may have been linked to and downloaded the standard timed demo that is available outside of designated free weekends.

Ideally, I'd like to regain access to the free weekend and continue playing before 1 PM Eastern. However; it seeme incredibly unlikely that I will receive a fix before the free weekend would have been over anyway and it would be foolish to wait up in the hopes of the happening. If there's a response waiting for me in the morning, that's great. Otherwise, would it be possible to restore the duration of the timed demo back to my account? It's a shame that the time I spent thinking it was part of the free weekend ate away at my timed trial time. I don't remember how long the timed trial is supposed to be for (I thought the "time remaining" notifications I was receiving were in error and didn't pay attention to them) but it's surely less than the time I'm missing between the early termination of the free weekend and and when it should have ended. My PSN is Seidnerz_is_WINS

Also, if any PS4 players could confirm they had similar issues, please do.

Seidnerz_is_WINS
09-24-2018, 02:41 PM
Any news? I should have the next 3 hours and 20 minutes to play and I'd like to use them.