PDA

View Full Version : Centurion

The_Wanderer_I
09-18-2018, 07:51 PM
I think he is a low tier hero and needs to see a few buffs. I would like to see him up to A or even S tier

EvoX.
09-18-2018, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the club...

The wait will be eternal, but I believe he eventually will be reworked/rebalanced.

Devils-_-legacy
09-18-2018, 08:50 PM
He way can I see ubisoft making him s tier but hopefully they buff to be viable

DefiledDragon
09-18-2018, 08:54 PM
He needs a rework, not just buffs. If they buffed his current kit he would be a monster. His kit needs to be reworked.

Devils-_-legacy
09-18-2018, 09:06 PM
Maybe but I honestly can't see them doing any rework without rebuilding his move set from the ground up. Even then I wouldnt have much faith without them removing his cutscene and replacing it with some decent options.
I think there focus is on the new fraction & game mode ect

DefiledDragon
09-18-2018, 09:53 PM
Maybe but I honestly can't see them doing any rework without rebuilding his move set from the ground up. Even then I wouldnt have much faith without them removing his cutscene and replacing it with some decent options.
I think there focus is on the new fraction & game mode ect

I agree. He needs a ground up rework and an interesting kit. He's not going to get one. I get the impression that balance is bottom of the priority list at For Honor HQ tbh. They certainly pay lip service to it in the Warriors Den streams, but they're not particularly serious about it. If they were, there wouldn't be so many glaring issues with the current roster and they wouldn't be adding new heroes until they got the current roster in decent shape.

The last comment I heard about balance in FH was that they were going to stop focusing on balancing 1 v 1's and balance for 4 v 4's. If this is true then duels will be pretty much out the window and will devolve into tryhards picking whoever's the most OP, rather than contests between diverse and interesting fighters.

It's a shame but meh. I'm hoping another dev produces a similar experience and does a top job on it.

UbiInsulin
09-19-2018, 12:04 AM
I think he is a low tier hero and needs to see a few buffs. I would like to see him up to A or even S tier

We're always open to passing specific suggestions to the team!

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-19-2018, 12:14 AM
We're always open to pass specific suggestions to the team!

Give him back his infinite wall splat would be a nice start. Enemies of Rome should know better than to fight back. They should except that they are being bullied and just put down their controller. It's what Jesus would want.....and did historically. Centurions kill dieties over breakfast so all other characters should be nerfed accordingly.

Phenoloth
09-19-2018, 12:38 PM
All reworked hero's are now on pre pre Cent nerf and above level in my opinion. Cent got nerfed very hard in damage output and after guardbreak mechanics changes + range decrease he feels clumsy and broken no fluent gameplay at all except you getting help from a magnetic wall. On top of that his kick is just for show purpose it doesn't ledge the most time nor does it knockdown. The moveset is for every halfway decent player too predictable.

Cent definitely needs a basic rework!! I still play Cent but the most time I'm forced to play ez mode heros like warden, kensei, conq, valk, berzerker etc. vs. higher level player for a victorious game. That is the most annoying and frustration bringer for me in this game at the moment.

We need a balancing initiation to make this game more challenging and serve a diversity which hero you choose to play.. it should be enjoyable again with every hero!

Another thing I've noticed is the incomplete lag compensation step 2. At this moment the stage 1 status quo gives player with a good connection a disadvantage. very inconsistent tracking, blocks don't work and parry as well. Tbh p2p was better..

Roseguard_Cpt
09-19-2018, 02:40 PM
Centurion doesn't need buffs, he needs a full rework. It might just be me, but I prefer characters with more options than less. Centurion is and has been for awhile, a one trick pony. That trick being parry near a wall, knee them into it, cutscene, turtle, repeat. This sort of Streamlining is why I don't like the majority of the reworks as well. Orochi was streamlined to lights, Conq to Shieldbash lights, Valkyrie to lights and shieldbash lights, Zerker to 400 ms Armored Lights.
People have wanted all the charaacters to be raised to Shaman levels of power, but the thing is, most reworks just went for pure speed. Kensei however got a bunch of options and canels that can be done from top heavy, which is why he is regarded as one of the best reworks by a fair few.
Ubi is in a hard spot though, because the one thing the community has wanted nerfed is the cutscene, but they've nerfed everything else about him (and also the couple Centfinities which were just broken) The character needs a rework, but how do you completely change a character without destroying what people do like about them? (Don't ask me, find a Centurion main, I can't stand the character)