PDA

View Full Version : Official patch news

crazyivan1970
06-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Greetings,
I just exchanged few e-mails with Oleg. Apparently, as i suspected, this version was release candidate, not actual release - it was meant for the beta team for their final testings. There are some issues that needed to be taken care of...So, since 4.0 leaked - Oleg decided to release official version renamed to v4.01 and 4v.01m respectfully... with some changes in dedicated server and code of the version itself. At this point i can`t really tell you when, i simply don`t know.

Cheers!

crazyivan1970
06-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Greetings,
I just exchanged few e-mails with Oleg. Apparently, as i suspected, this version was release candidate, not actual release - it was meant for the beta team for their final testings. There are some issues that needed to be taken care of...So, since 4.0 leaked - Oleg decided to release official version renamed to v4.01 and 4v.01m respectfully... with some changes in dedicated server and code of the version itself. At this point i can`t really tell you when, i simply don`t know.

Cheers!

Herustic_Algor
06-09-2005, 01:43 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

BigDog9944
06-09-2005, 01:45 AM
And around and around we go! Something's broken somewhere in this whole patch release process.

Then again, maybe the dedication to this sim by its users is what's pushing things to the extremes. Ultimately not a bad situation for 1C:Maddox and Co. if they can capitalise on it. Managing success is often much harder than managing failure, though.

Herustic_Algor
06-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Now lets call 4.00 a public beta why don't we..sheeesh

Alexi_Alx_Anova
06-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Wow! The Betty's transparent bits and the lack of the new Spit propeller animation remained in the patch up to the penultimate version!!! What an observant beta team http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

JG52Uther
06-09-2005, 01:57 AM
Bit confused now.Yesterday it was said the patch was going to be officially released today.

Vittorio1
06-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Ok so the patch will be 4.01, ok thats great HOWEVER what about the people who downloaded the leaked patch (THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN).

I downlaoded this patch,(4.00) and i feel no shame, i came home from work, and seen to threads on board saying "its ofical 4.00 is out" and its the patch etc..... how can we be blamed for dowing harm when this was presented to us?.

In future what do we have to do????, ask before we downlaod patches from the games own notice boards.

Will 4.01 go over 4.00, or should us unfortunet people start to scrub and re install new version of FB?

I await you comments,

Fennec_P
06-09-2005, 01:59 AM
Lol. You're worried about having to install it again?

Don't worry, it will probably work fine. Has always in the past with beta patches (not that I'd know anything about that).

paux2005
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alexi_Alx_Anova:
Wow! The Betty's transparent bits and the lack of the new Spit propeller animation remained in the patch up to the penultimate version!!! What an observant beta team http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you use nvidia
I had the same problem until I have returned to the 73.00

mkubani
Edited.

What Oleg says. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oleg_Maddox
06-09-2005, 02:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alexi_Alx_Anova:
Wow! The Betty's transparent bits and the lack of the new Spit propeller animation remained in the patch up to the penultimate version!!! What an observant beta team http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't our bug. Sorry. Confirmed bug of driver with some settings. Checked.

Oleg_Maddox
06-09-2005, 02:09 AM
I confirm the post above.

It was our internal version for the final test.
It was also sent to Ubi to prepare the links, mirrors (to look for the size of files, etc) etc.

However this version leaked from my personal FTP...

For the day we tested it internally we found couple of real bugs on dedicated server (third party soft doesn't work correct for example) that already fixed and in test again.

I'm sorry for these who think that it was final
It was only probably final and prepared for final test or possible release.

That to exclude the mix of leaked and really final version we need to invest changes and rename version.

So, what Ivan posted is correct. Sorry for this. But next time look only for the official release anounce and links.

Oleg_Maddox
06-09-2005, 02:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Bit confused now.Yesterday it was said the patch was going to be officially released today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said it? I didn;'t tell it anybody.
I'm and I'm only tell all when the version finally ready. The there is period for preparing offical news and links.

Where you see the links on Ubi site?

Oleg_Maddox
06-09-2005, 02:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fennec_P:
Lol. You're worried about having to install it again?

Don't worry, it will probably work fine. Has always in the past with beta patches (not that I'd know anything about that). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes we will make it possible to install over leaked version.

paux2005
oleg when?

GR142-Pipper
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
Greetings,

Cheers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> This is without a doubt the most farcical beta program on the face of the earth. Repeated "leaked" beta patches makes this company look like rank amateurs. If a public beta is the goal, simply say so, let the public sort out the bugs and then implement a patch. There's nothing wrong with that approach whatsoever and the users have a clear idea of what to expect as well as what's going on. These supposed "leaks" make the company look like they can't even control something as straightforward as their own software releases.

GR142-Pipper

SeaFireLIV
06-09-2005, 02:14 AM
Oleg, take as long as you need. The BEST things come to those who wait.

And I hope you`re feeling well.

Dengue.ZA
06-09-2005, 02:18 AM
Lame, lame, lame!

arcadeace
06-09-2005, 02:20 AM
Thanks for your time Oleg.

Oleg_Maddox
06-09-2005, 02:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GR142-Pipper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
Greetings,

Cheers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> This is without a doubt the most farcical beta program on the face of the earth. Repeated "leaked" beta patches makes this company look like rank amateurs. If a public beta is the goal, simply say so, let the public sort out the bugs and then implement a patch. There's nothing wrong with that approach whatsoever and the users have a clear idea of what to expect as well as what's going on. These supposed "leaks" make the company look like they can't even control something as straightforward as their own software releases.

GR142-Pipper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When we would like to make public beta (like was several tinmes in the life of Il-2) we tell it official.
This case is leaked internal version almost prepared for the release.

CHDT
06-09-2005, 02:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes we will make it possible to install over leaked version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, great, very fairplay http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oleg_Maddox
06-09-2005, 02:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paux2005:
oleg when? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think on the next week

RAF56_BTB
06-09-2005, 02:25 AM
Yep i agree Oleg take as long as you need. Long enougth to make the tempest flyable even. We Brits won't mind honest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I was caught up in the patch fever yesterday, and inadvertantly downloaded it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

I can tell you it is very good Oleg http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BTB

Romulan
06-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Thanks to you Oleg & Ivan for the information

paux2005
06-09-2005, 02:30 AM
thanks for your time Oleg.
And one questio the mosquito and the tempestes flayables?
Sorry my bad english

klemlao
06-09-2005, 02:31 AM
Jesus Pipper, it wasn't FOR release. Anything between 3.04 and (now!) 4.01 was entirely due to a distrustful Dev member, a misunderstanding on some parts of the community and some people leaping into self-righteous pontification.

When you're ready Oleg.

klem

RedDeth
06-09-2005, 02:31 AM
pipper just cuz people are leaking betas doesnt mean oleg is unofficially approving it. WAKE up guys. if oleg releases a patch it is on the front page of the web site.

all these i thought it was official posts from people that have been around for years...well sorry i dont believe you.

im not the smartest turnip to fall off the truck but even i knew it wasnt official. DUR...

need i remind everyone how many patches and upgrades there were in janes ww2 fighters? ZERO!

and zero planes added on. just 8 flyables in the old janes game.

oleg works nonstop every day of his life for this game. im not a fanboi but even im not dumb enough to think were getting ripped off. i know this is a great game with great add ons.

and P.S. i hated the original IL2 so again...im not a fanboy. just someone who understands how much work is going on here.

JG52Uther
06-09-2005, 02:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oleg_Maddox:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Bit confused now.Yesterday it was said the patch was going to be officially released today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm and I'm only tell all when the version finally ready. The there is period for preparing offical news and links.

Where you see the links on Ubi site? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry Oleg,i'm pretty sure that Ivan said it was due today in a post that has since been deleted.Maybe i am mistaken.

CHDT
06-09-2005, 02:39 AM
Isn't it possible to individually mark the betas to make leak impossible, because immediately recognizable?

vanjast
06-09-2005, 02:42 AM
Updates over the "leaked version"...

I always have 2x copies of the game on my PC, the latest version and the previous version, so one can fall back onto the previous version, if there problems with the latest.
The free updates are generally just file overwrites and additions, so copy your current game folder an install into the new folder.
Add and adjust shortcuts to HL, ASE... as necessary.
"Bob's your Aunty"
Hope this helps for those who don't do this..
Van http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Genie-
06-09-2005, 02:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry Oleg,i'm pretty sure that Ivan said it was due today in a post that has since been deleted.Maybe i am mistaken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no you are not mistaken, that post is deleted. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Oleg_Maddox
06-09-2005, 02:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oleg_Maddox:

Where you see the links on Ubi site? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry Oleg,i'm pretty sure that Ivan said it was due today in a post that has since been deleted.Maybe i am mistaken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Compilation doesn't means release.

RiesenSchnauzer
06-09-2005, 02:46 AM
Oleg,
Can you make a statement on a flyable Tempest, Spitfire XIV and Mosquito? I know these were not in any way promised but will they be flyable in a future add-on or payware expansion pack?

Also will we ever see any other P-47 variants in this engine?

Thanks

PlaneEater
06-09-2005, 02:46 AM
Oleg,

I'd like to say thanks for putting up with us nitwits even after all of this. I say with certainty that most other developers would give up and do something else after a fiasco like this.

You put up with us and that makes you a very good man. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thank you.

PS: Did you see my carrier catapults thread?

strewth
06-09-2005, 02:47 AM
Thanks Oleg and take your time.

I am sure the official notification will come out at the same time as the patch, so I paitently wait. Oh, I also check very regularly, this is just like Chrissy time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

96th_Nightshifter
06-09-2005, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the replys Oleg, I was was one of the unfortunate ones who downloaded V4.00m. For what it's worth the new FM is really good, I like the "feel" of it - really makes the planes feel heavier and more realistic as far as I can tell and the new planes are awesome.
This will probably be fixed for version 4.01m but I did notice that some directorys were missing for some of the new planes example: the Mustang MKIII and the new P38L (Late) - the folder for the 4 cannon Spitfire is there but has nothing in it. As I say this will probably be okay in the official release but just thought I would mention it anyway.
Thanks for all your time.

BenvZijl
06-09-2005, 02:50 AM
thnx for your time oleg to post here, i will wait till the patch finally is released. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

LEBillfish
06-09-2005, 02:51 AM
LMAO (thanks to oleg, horse laugh for all those who snagged up the leaked one, then spoke smack to 1c and the mods).....only wish it could not be patched over leaked version....Simply because I'm cruel *weg*

Jg300_Kostek
06-09-2005, 02:51 AM
The more time Oleg takes, the weakest are mg150/20.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Oleg pls, read a bit of czechwar.vwing.org forum about leaked 4.0 and mg151/20
La5 and Laggs3 still can take a lot of german 20mm.

JG54_Arnie
06-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Thanks for everything Oleg! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Your hard work is appreciated! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Looking forward to flying online with the new FM! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

woofiedog
06-09-2005, 02:56 AM
Thank's for your time and reply's Oleg!

cow9th
06-09-2005, 03:02 AM
you blue whiners will not stop crying till the F4 carries a light sabre will you?
all nose armed planes now have a huge accuracy advantage and the F-4 will blow a spitfire into minute pieces with a few hits.

maybe you need to learn to shoot!!

GR142-Pipper
06-09-2005, 03:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by klemlao:
Jesus Pipper, it wasn't FOR release. Anything between 3.04 and (now!) 4.01 was entirely due to a distrustful Dev member, a misunderstanding on some parts of the community and some people leaping into self-righteous pontification.

When you're ready Oleg.

klem </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I understand that this patch wasn't ready for release but this is also not the first time that there have been "leaked" patches. All I'm saying is that these types of leaks make the company look like they can't control their beta participants or (worse) they can't control the internal security of their own code...even when it's just prior to final release.

I can tell you first-hand that in normal software companies, people lose their jobs over these types of screw-ups...with cause.

I just hate to see Oleg and Company compromised from these types of embarassing situations.

GR142-Pipper

cow9th
06-09-2005, 03:03 AM
while im here credit where its due!
thanks for clearing things up O.M.

i dont know who asked but they can individually code a beta release and have done so in the past.

Genie-
06-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Thank you Oleg on your time and clarification. I hope you will fix FM to be more like in beta 2/5 in 4.01 and on-line effect of 20 mm cannon.

c'oz La5 and i-16 are flying just like in 3.04 and p38 has the same roll rate as fw190.

Thank you.

RiesenSchnauzer
06-09-2005, 03:16 AM
I believe Elvis has left the building.

VVS-Manuc
06-09-2005, 03:19 AM
ok..."2 weeks" again

(enough time to listen to the whiners and "tweak" some things for 4.01)

Alexi_Alx_Anova
06-09-2005, 03:20 AM

This isn't our bug. Sorry. Confirmed bug of driver with some settings. Checked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Oleg. I'm currently using the 77.13 beta drivers for my BFG 6800GT. It's amazing that you used completely new propeller animations and glass 'textures' for these two planes, as this driver bug doesn't cause any problems with all the other planes. Who would have believed it!?

P.S. I hope you're feeling better as this is likely to be another pain in the neck for you.

TwoTall2
06-09-2005, 03:27 AM
Must we download this update or wait for the updated one?

rssmps
06-09-2005, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TwoTall2:
Must we download this update or wait for the updated one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely, you must be joking right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

HotelBushranger
06-09-2005, 03:33 AM
Yaaay, good news Oleg! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Have you got a new car yet? Hope you got the money everyone sent you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Get a tank this time....seriously. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Can wait for the patch, hope you have a nice day http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ironman69
06-09-2005, 03:40 AM
Oleg, can u please give us an update as to the status of the Spit 14 possibly making it into 4.01 flyable? or AI ?
Thanks for everything.

MarkGos
06-09-2005, 03:58 AM
Oleg,

Firstly thanks for the feedback (and putting up with some of the childish attitudes here). You can put down all the patch craziness down to the dedication of your customer base to this wonderful simulation. They are so besotted with your creation that normally sane people do insane things.

Miki40
06-09-2005, 04:02 AM
Greetings,

Cheers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The tipical kind of mess which we expect from
our beloved hobby! O! ...well will probably survive the event.

FrankPappa
06-09-2005, 04:05 AM
Well i have some questions to Oleg.

1. Why is 4.0 flight model downgraded from beta stage? I tested beta 4 if i recall the number right and it was really good first time in IL2 series. Now it just goes like train on invisible tracks.

2. Weapons where really good in beta. It was extremly hard to hit over 200m and weapons were really deadly on close range like it should. Now there is same arcade weapons that it was in 3.04m.

3. Cant you make a switch in to game that changes flight model from realistic to arcade?

I really, really liked the beta patch flight and weapons modeling. It was great. For the first time it felt like flying and real. For exsample take off was allmost imposibble in thunderstorm like it should be. Now its just toooo eaaasssyyyy. I'm dissapointed. I hope soon someone have the balls to do real combat flight simulation. This feels like it is made for the mass. So that any 5 year old can fly too. I bet that my Friends 4 year old kid can master this "Simulation" in one hour so that he can take off and land whit out problem. So the question is Why cant there be switch in game that puts on real FM.???

Greetings from blu sky over baltic sea.
FrankPappa 15 years of real flying.

SUPERAEREO
06-09-2005, 04:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
LMAO (thanks to oleg, horse laugh for all those who snagged up the leaked one, then spoke smack to 1c and the mods).....only wish it could not be patched over leaked version....Simply because I'm cruel *weg* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was thinking the same thing, then again I know for sure that I'm cruel... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

S!

Franzonto
06-09-2005, 04:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankPappa:

1. Why is 4.0 flight model downgraded from beta stage? I tested beta 4 if i recall the number right and it was really good first time in IL2 series. Now it just goes like train on invisible tracks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since I completely disagree on this "tracks" thingy, I would recommend to ignore this question as whining. Whining is ok, but not in a most-important-questions-first thread.

I don't know how the first beta was, but I sure can tell that I'm sliding and skidding through the air now, and the feel is quite different (assume that a compromise was done for good reasons, just assume).

Anyway I think to use the word "arcade" has always been an insult to this game, and thus it's also uncalled for right now.

Bearcat99
06-09-2005, 04:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedDeth:

oleg works nonstop every day of his life for this game. im not a fanboi but even im not dumb enough to think were getting ripped off. i know this is a great game with great add ons.

and P.S. i hated the original IL2 so again...im not a fanboy. just someone who understands how much work is going on here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING A FANBOY!!??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

and BTW... that's FANMAN sonny.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Genie-
06-09-2005, 04:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Franzonto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankPappa:

1. Why is 4.0 flight model downgraded from beta stage? I tested beta 4 if i recall the number right and it was really good first time in IL2 series. Now it just goes like train on invisible tracks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since I completely disagree on this "tracks" thingy, I would recommend to ignore this question as whining. Whining is ok, but not in a most-important-questions-first thread.

I don't know how the first beta was, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true .. you don't know. so you cannot judge things. I, for example, know how beta were and I completely agree with Frank. FM is toned down WAY TOO MUCH.

now.. if you know how many turn and burn (aka, squeeze-joy-until-it-squeaks) players aka masters-of-the-skys are around.. you can imagine shock of now-you-must-know-how-to-fly effect on most of beta testers.

for god's sake in READ ME.txt is says that you have to learn to fly again!! hahaahahah

Eagle_493rdLN
06-09-2005, 04:58 AM
Oleg, thanks for the information http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Ignore the whiners, they al have IQs lower than George Bush.

Sterf21
06-09-2005, 05:00 AM
I also suggest that Oleg is ripping us off. The patch better be good (no bugs, NO TONING DOWN of the original idea on the patch, all promised planes in it)

Genie-
06-09-2005, 05:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eagle_493rdLN:
Ignore the whiners, they al have IQs lower than George Bush. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will presume... Spitfire flyer?

carguy_
06-09-2005, 05:02 AM
I guess out of my own stupidity I`m stuck with unofficial 4.0 until two weeks and release of official.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oleg a note for you:MG151/20 is toned down as far as it goes.This is general impression of LW pilots.I recommend you not to change it.

strewth
06-09-2005, 05:10 AM
Well I hope the patch is **** hard to fly as should a high HP fighter should be.

This is a great sim however and I am eternally grateful to Oleg, especially for sticking by the sim while other LESS TALENTED people try to burn him at the stake.

SHAME ON YOU WHINERS. I will take notice of you all over Oleg when you can produce a better sim and have the hard facts to back up your ASSUMPTIONS. Crikey, I am surprised that Oleg came through and that is to his credit for I probably would have told you all to go to hell by now.

I AM ALSO YET TO HEAR AN APOLOGY FROM THE NAY-SAYERS.

True to form I see.

Thankyou Oleg and I shall retire now to let the grog wear off. I shall probably read this again in the morning and think - - - Yeah, bugger them! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

LLv34_Stafroty
06-09-2005, 05:17 AM
cargui, mg151/20 is going to be toned down cos 1C mail came full of hate mails from ally side pilots.

strewth
06-09-2005, 05:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sterf21:
I also suggest that Oleg is ripping us off. The patch better be good (no bugs, NO TONING DOWN of the original idea on the patch, all promised planes in it) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And I suggest that you are a know all know nothing twirp with a bad case of verbal incontinence. If it ain't good enough for you almighty guru and you feel soooooooo ripped, then feel free to bugger off and **** someone else more deserving. I reccomend taking a look in your mirror first. here is your hat, don't let the door hit you on your way out.

GAWD!!, talk about attracting some unique ones.

Good night all and sweet patch dreams.

sapre
06-09-2005, 05:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sterf21:
I also suggest that Oleg is ripping us off. The patch better be good (no bugs, NO TONING DOWN of the original idea on the patch, all promised planes in it) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ALL promised plane?
As far as I recall, the only "PROMISED" plane was Betty, which will be in this patch.

LEBillfish
06-09-2005, 05:25 AM

"IS ripping us off".... "BETTER be good"....."NO this or that"...

Whatcha gonna do, go back to quake?

FYI....all those peachy little extra's you get every patch comes out of his pocket...Granted, and thanks to them as well 3rd party modelers add a lot to the sim. Yet in the end he has to spend his time, and his money as 1c staff has to be paid to look it all over and work on "those extra's" too, so I'd assume less for him.

Contrary to what many of you seem to think I don't believe 1c is in silicone valley making billions for doing little. Unless I'm sadly mistaken the economy where 1c is at is not quite on par with the U.S. say and money is made through hard work.

More so, Ubisoft I would assume garners the lions share of the profit....Note the word, "profit", over and above your wages, and I'm not to familiar with many corporations that share their profit with vendors.

Ripping you off?.....spoken like a truly ungrateful child who got more cookies then he could eat and stomps his foot demanding cake too.

Delete your post and I will mine, its simply shameful.

zaelu
06-09-2005, 05:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dengue.ZA:
Lame, lame, lame! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO... What a beautiful world...

Oleg take your time we're having a good laugh... those with good sense of humour, about them selves too.

NDS_Syb.
06-09-2005, 05:30 AM
Thank god you are still alive Oleg san.

Yesterday a guy (Vierbein i believe but i am not sure) told us on Hyperlobby that becourse we all downloaded the patch from 1c your server exploded and Moscow had to be evacuated. That 1c was bankrupt now. Even the BBC world service mentioned it on the news.

So the North Koreans didnt try to take over the world with a trojan dropper patch? Can you please confirm this?

Thanks for this wonderfull grazy game man.

This isn't our bug. Sorry. Confirmed bug of driver with some settings. Checked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nemisis_WOF
06-09-2005, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eagle_493rdLN:
Ignore the whiners, they al have IQs lower than George Bush. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

George Bush has an IQ!? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

msalama
06-09-2005, 05:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I also suggest that Oleg is ripping us off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a better suggestion. Take your head out of your a**e and you'll feel better in no time at all.

1.JaVA_Razer
06-09-2005, 05:54 AM
Nice to hear from you oleg!

Hows the wife, kid, back, neck, car (or whats left of it)?

Just relax with the development of the patch, the longer you take to make it the more time the programmers have to implement features and make it bug free-er http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Cya and take care on the road http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

outlier
06-09-2005, 05:55 AM
I can't wait until EA takes over this T_U_R_D.

edgflyer
06-09-2005, 06:00 AM
Oleg,
I see I wasn't able to get a post in earlier when you were answering questions. You usualy come in in the begining and then leave and I do not blame you one bit. Who needs the headache. However, can you give some info on the recomended system requirements for this new patch. Any info officialy from you would be appreciated.

karost
06-09-2005, 06:06 AM

1. Why is 4.0 flight model downgraded from beta stage? I tested beta 4 if i recall the number right and it was really good first time in IL2 series. Now it just goes like train on invisible tracks.

2. Weapons where really good in beta. It was extremly hard to hit over 200m and weapons were really deadly on close range like it should. Now there is same arcade weapons that it was in 3.04m.

3. Cant you make a switch in to game that changes flight model from realistic to arcade?

I really, really liked the beta patch flight and weapons modeling. It was great. For the first time it felt like flying and real. For exsample take off was allmost imposibble in thunderstorm like it should be. Now its just toooo eaaasssyyyy. I'm dissapointed. I hope soon someone have the balls to do real combat flight simulation. This feels like it is made for the mass. So that any 5 year old can fly too. I bet that my Friends 4 year old kid can master this "Simulation" in one hour so that he can take off and land whit out problem. So the question is Why cant there be switch in game that puts on real FM.???

FrankPappa 15 years of real flying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe Oleg like to turn patch 4.0 close to IL2 original classic one but some UBI marketing guys just worry about arcade market share of $$$ they not care about a good value of this sim they care only $$$ and destroy a high value of this sim and turn it to be a "game" for big money from a "kids"

but sad, 80% of market share is a common players they not happy to due with difficult "sim" but like to call a good simmer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sorry for a hardcore player group we just 20% of a share, our voice have no meaning then FB/AEP/PF in patch 4.0 still be arcade ( compromise ) class

So the question is Why cant there be switch in game that puts on real FM.???

good question if 4.01 have this switch I belive alot of smile will rise up. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but if not my friend FrankPappa, BOB may be has to face a same problem like this. political marketing will destroy a sim...!

hope Oleg and 1C can find good solution to make us (hardcore player) smile.

S!

JG53Frankyboy
06-09-2005, 06:15 AM

Thanks Oleg. I'm currently using the 77.13 beta drivers for my BFG 6800GT. It's amazing that you used completely new propeller animations and glass 'textures' for these two planes, as this driver bug doesn't cause any problems with all the other planes. Who would have believed it!?

P.S. I hope you're feeling better as this is likely to be another pain in the neck for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think olegs speaks about the G4M stuff.

i doubt the missing enginecowling and propeller animation out of the cockpits off the 2 SpitVc is a driver proplem.
because as the Seafire/SpitVIII were released they had the same problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ImpStarDuece
06-09-2005, 06:19 AM
WOW http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I see it every time and every time I'm suprised and disappointed by the attitdes of both old hands and newbies on these forums. It like this with every, single patch, all the way back to FB.

Chill out people, half of you are running round on inuedo and rumour. I've seen headless chickens act with more brains and sense.

So far we have several different screaming mobs forming;

the "Yay, the patch is here but it isn't" crowd, otherwise known as the '2 weekers' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

the "figures, typical http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif" crowd,

the "Oleg, blue is porked, why did you go commercial and bias your own creation for money" crowd, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

the "this patch is sh!te and the illegally obtained beta x,y or z was better becaus it felt so" crowd http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

and my favourite

"the stark raving lunatic fringe with ingrateful tendencies" people (although tis often includes me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Again, just WOW! What a complete load of bollocks.

I'm off to CWOS. At least there they have a modicum of sense. No wonder this place is called UbiZoo. I've seen better behaviour in the monkey cage at feeding time.

vocatx
06-09-2005, 06:38 AM
Take your time, Oleg. I'd rather wait a few days and give you guys time to get all the bugs out.

I can't get over people sometimes. We've got the BEST sim around, we're getting free up-dates periodically, and you guys behave like a bunch of spoiled three year olds! Gimme now!! I want now!! I've kind of gotten used to hearing BS like that on-line from Pipper, but some of you surprise me. Most companies would charge for the stuff we've gotten for free over the years, and after the debacle yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot less FREE stuff in the future.

Maybe now people will wait til they get the word from somebody who really knows what's OFFICIAL before they yell fire in the theater.

I said yesterday that I thought it would be hilarious if this turned out not to be the real deal, and after seeing some of the juvinile tantrums, it's even better than I expected. GROW UP! IT'S FREE! So what if you have to wait a few more days????

BSS_CUDA
06-09-2005, 06:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Originally posted by Eagle_493rdLN:
Oleg, thanks for the information
Ignore the whiners, they al have IQs lower than George Bush.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya about 10 points higher then all you whining sniviling little Turds. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif I have gotten more FREE addons from Ic then ANY other games I've played, and in my 44 years and 12+ years of online playing thats is alot of games. it truly amazes me, how ppl can get something FREE and still whine for more, I find it in my own business (automotive) when you do something for FREE ppl whine the hardest.
Oleg do your self a favor please. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif start charging us for all your hard work, and maybe you do us a favor at the same time and start weeding out these whining little ****s that seem to look a gift horse in the mouth http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

han freak solo
06-09-2005, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by outlier:
I can't wait until EA takes over this T_U_R_D. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just great.

Here's my analogy to people like you.

I have many customers that I treat well and fairly repairing their machinery. Once in a while I get someone that acts like you or is dishonest and renegs on an agreed sum after work is completed.

To those people, I discontinue service. Since they are @sses to everyone else as well, they usually call me back within "X" amount of time wanting more service. To them, their price becomes much higher than before. Things I would have provided complimentary to others would now get billed.

If that person decides not to use my services, good. The better for the both of us.

After some of the cr@p I've seen here and other whining threads, this is what I would do if I were Oleg and company.

Patch 4.01 contents = Flyable Betty, nothing more.

All the other work would come out as a commercial release PF:AEP for $20-$30 USD.

msalama
06-09-2005, 07:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the "this patch is sh!te and the illegally obtained beta x,y or z was better becaus it felt so" crowd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Those bozos never, ever, think of things like:

1) Sure, they might (or might not) have a PPL. Well yeah, big deal. How many of them can REALLY say they've got ANY knowledge and/or experience of WWII-era aircraft & their behaviour? Because a Cessna is a Cessna is a Cessna and that's all it is...

2) Those geniuses never give a second's thought to a possibility of beta version X/Y/Z being OVERMODELLED (as in "too hard to be realistic"), and the more recent one being maybe a bit milder but simultaneously MORE CORRECT too. So hello there, o ye aviation gods and holy ├╝ber-pilots: maybe a wee reality check is in order, and could you please also try to remember that these FMs were/are actually tested by REAL PILOTS w/ some REAL 1st-hand experience of these types - unlike you I'd vouch???

3) The _real_ motive behind these posts is usually a desire to be cooler than the average punter, as in "yeah, I've got the beta 5 and you don't & never will. And I can tellya, it's just sooo much better by a s**tload than what YOU'll ever get yadda yadda" ad nauseum. So all in all, these comments are IMO _only_ to be taken with a grain of &lt;insert your favorite toxin here&gt;!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"the stark raving lunatic fringe with ingrateful tendencies" people (although tis often includes me) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too, as U can see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-HH-Quazi
06-09-2005, 07:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by karost:

FrankPappa 15 years of real flying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe Oleg like to turn patch 4.0 close to IL2 original classic one but some UBI marketing guys just worry about arcade market share of $$$ they not care about a good value of this sim they care only $$$ and destroy a high value of this sim and turn it to be a "game" for big money from a "kids"

but sad, 80% of market share is a common players they not happy to due with difficult "sim" but like to call a good simmer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sorry for a hardcore player group we just 20% of a share, our voice have no meaning then FB/AEP/PF in patch 4.0 still be arcade ( compromise ) class

So the question is Why cant there be switch in game that puts on real FM.???

good question if 4.01 have this switch I belive alot of smile will rise up. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but if not my friend FrankPappa, BOB may be has to face a same problem like this. political marketing will destory a sim...!

hope Oleg and 1C can find good solution to make us (hardcore player) smile.

S! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, I thought that were going to be different releases. One release that wasn't going to be so taxing on our rigs(arcade), and one for the hard core IL2 junkie and a more realistic FM, comparable to what BoB might end up being? I do hope this is the case. Let the arcaders go fly at http://www.flyaceshigh.com or something. Let the real hardcore simmers have the flight model that will give us an idea of what BoB will be like, and a more realistic FM.

Anyway, maybe ATI will have time to release the Cat 5.6's before the patch is officially released. With the improvements expected with those drivers, (a 50% increase in fr's for a flight sim called Lock-On), hopefully since we also are running a flight sim we will get a substancial improvement also, and this will help with any extra taxing this new patch will put on our rigs.

Tallyho1961
06-09-2005, 07:08 AM

Or what, sonny?

VVS-Manuc
06-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Oleg, please tone down this overmodelled german 20mm guns to the realistic 2 mm ...

thank you in advance (The Red Side)

ImpStarDuece
06-09-2005, 07:16 AM
You got a licence for that sense of humour Manuc?

outlier
06-09-2005, 07:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by han freak solo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by outlier:

That's just great.

Here's my analogy to people like you.

I have many customers that I treat well and fairly repairing their machinery. Once in a while I get someone that acts like you or is dishonest and renegs on an agreed sum after work is completed.

To those people, I discontinue service. Since they are @sses to everyone else as well, they usually call me back within "X" amount of time wanting more service. To them, their price becomes much higher than before. Things I would have provided complimentary to others would now get billed.

If that person decides not to use my services, good. The better for the both of us.

After some of the cr@p I've seen here and other whining threads, this is what I would do if I were Oleg and company.

Patch 4.01 contents = Flyable Betty, nothing more.

All the other work would come out as a commercial release PF:AEP for $20-$30 USD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree - but 1c would F_uk that up too.

Bearcat99
06-09-2005, 07:33 AM

Where do these people come from??!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif "better be good??!!!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif and if it doesnt meet your expectations then what? What will you do? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Oh please say you will leave these forums...... You and this Yahoo here:

You can't? Good.. maybe that means you will get tired of waiting and leave.

Need to check yourselves.. because some of us older cats might have a stroke laughing so hard at your stupidity. That makes twice this morning I had to clean the coffee off my monitor because of posts on this forum. Keep it up and I'll have Billfish send you a waaaambulance... C'mon give it a rest.

Oleg... I'm guilty.. I figured what the hey since the "official" release was to be announced today what's a few hours... I was wrong. Having said that.... is this a bug or a driver issue?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Bearcat99/JugBug1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Bearcat99/Jugbug2.jpg

Actually aside from that I find no fault with this patch so far "official" or not. Great work to you and the entire team. The FMs are great... the guns are much better across the board... the clouds.... well... and I like the sparks from the gunstikes now.... looks GREAT at dawn/dusk.

CH47D
06-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Where can this patch be found?

VVS-Manuc
06-09-2005, 07:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
You got a licence for that sense of humour Manuc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, I do.

Sala_mander
06-09-2005, 07:47 AM

Personal comments like that don't exactly indicate a much higher level of intelligence.

Re the patch: I find it hard to believe that that was a release candidate - it doesnt seem to have much that has been alluded to in the past few months(screenshots, posts by Oleg etc.) and if I didnt know better than to foster expectations based on those allusions, I'd be pretty disappointed. Sure there have been all kinds of setbacks, personal issues - sick programmers and car accidents etc, but notwithstanding those unfortunate events and the amount of work being done by third parties, the leaked 4.00 patch is, well, pretty thin on new stuff.

I might sound ungrateful - but I did shell out the cash for the original Pacific Fighters expecting a game that worked and delivered what it promised. And how disappointed many (or most) of us were. I'm still downloading large patch after patch trying to get a complete game together. Perhaps 4.01 will be it. But in the meantime I'm not apologising for downloading 4.00 from CheckSix.

Capt._Tenneal
06-09-2005, 07:54 AM
I haven't read anything funny in a while as this thread, thanks guys and gals. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Patch day always makes the forums seem like the Cantina in Star Wars, but these past few days with the 4.0, took it to a whole 'nother level.

bn880
06-09-2005, 08:11 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hi, I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Oleg and Maddox for this major improvement in Il2. I trully enjoy the new flight model, damage model, effects and visuals... all of it is a big improvement. It's like the sim has been given a new life in 4.0.

I suppose I'm different than most people posting in these forums, as my concern with Il2 patches has rarely lied in new types of aircraft and objects, but more on the game engine itself. I'm loving this 4.0 beta http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The only thing that may have made it much butter for me is the ability to mod the game. Easier way to modify aircraft, sounds, communications (big downer there). Still, it's great.

Regards

outlier
06-09-2005, 08:16 AM
* Ubi continues to suffer from thier lack of control over developers and vendors.

bn880
06-09-2005, 08:21 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

For christ's sake, calm down some of you, it's like you're getting tangled up in the un-important things and dwelling on them. Why is it such a big affair that an RC got out there (which almost everyone can get) and you can now play it. It's not a very big deal at all, the installer simply overwrites or creates a certain set of files, when 4.01 comes out you can just overwrite those again, boo hoo, now lets cut the **** and enjoy the big improvements, think of the good things in life for a change...

(I'm great with PR stuff as you can tell)

Regards

Greg_Boyington
06-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi!
I don't really care about who made an error in releasing this add-on.
But now we have it (the beta version)and it's simply too bad that some new planes don't have Voids (Ki-100, Tempest, P-38L-late...)
I suppose that correcting some major bugs will need some days, but Oleg, could you release the new voids now? I think it'll be easy....just create a .zip file containing the voids and post it on Ubi....5 minutes work?

I ask this because as many other skinners, i was very disappointed to see the lack of the voids in this add-on.

I hope you'll not consider this as whining....it's not.It's a simple request of one of your game's fans.

mvuk
06-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Lets put place where it should be. First of all tnx Oleg for all this
second let us all think about it , it is the best way to give "leaked" version and versions to testing, in this way you have many testers and you can improve your patch better.
so I do not think that any of the patches leaked
Yes I had some of them by a chance so if I could find it everyone can find it, and let me tell you all who knows me, they know that i have trouble to find anything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
SO I asume that budget is lower and Oleg and his wonderfull group hava lack of resources and needed help, I know that he would have many voluntiers but I asume that is against company polices. So "don't wory be happy"

Spider_439th
06-09-2005, 08:27 AM
I was quite sure this patch was not final and i don't install it(i am beginning to have some experience with this forum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

But first, i always make backup before installing a patch(just in case)

I will wait for that patch until its ready!

Cajun76
06-09-2005, 08:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by carguy_:
I guess out of my own stupidity I`m stuck with unofficial 4.0 until two weeks and release of official.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oleg a note for you:MG151/20 is toned down as far as it goes.This is general impression of LW pilots.I recommend you not to change it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since you're all real German/Axis combat vets in real a/c in combat conditions with 1000's of missions in multiple theaters under your collective belts, right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Philipscdrw
06-09-2005, 08:40 AM
My backup is the original installation disks, and the Ubi server where all the patches are kept. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Atomic_Marten
06-09-2005, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jg300_Kostek:
The more time Oleg takes, the weakest are mg150/20.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Oleg pls, read a bit of czechwar.vwing.org forum about leaked 4.0 and mg151/20
La5 and Laggs3 still can take a lot of german 20mm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know I fly on blue side more than on red, and I find MG151 to be OK in 4.00 that has been 'released' yesterday.
And BTW in yesterday's 4.00, when I shoot at LaGG3 or LA5, it takes only few hits, e.g. their pain is over in a sec. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Checked in hyperlobby.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">carguy_ wrote:
Oleg a note for you:MG151/20 is toned down as far as it goes.This is general impression of LW pilots.I recommend you not to change it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check yesterday's 4.00. I think you will be satisfied.

ednavar
06-09-2005, 08:49 AM
"Ian Boys
--------------------------------
The issue is the Ubi contract - patches must be issued through the Ubi site first. Because of what happened, these things can cause bad blood and should have been avoided. And yes, of course, it is the manufacturers' job to avoid them. "

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb....topic;f=127;t=003040 (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=127;t=003040)

Lucius_Esox
06-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Lol

rednine
06-09-2005, 09:16 AM
oleg better this oleg better that ccome on man s@@t happens everyday we all know that . the anticipation is killin us all. just wait we will get it. most of us still wont be happy and still will go on to complain and whine about incorrect models which most of us dont know about anyway, and stil fly it. get over it

msalama
06-09-2005, 09:20 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

BM357_Hitcher
06-09-2005, 09:20 AM

After yesterday's release of the Yale college grade transcripts of George Bush and John Kerry, I would say the whiners have IQ's lower than John Kerry. George got better grades, dummy! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

DONB3397
06-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Ian probably has it right. The distribution contract with Ubi certainly gives them the right (and responsibility) to announce and promote new programs or patches exclusively. After all, this sim is covered by their brand and officially distributed through their network. And, folks, the patch isn't generating one Euro (or Pound or Dollar)for either the developer or Ubi. I suspect there are accountants at Ubi who complain bitterly that 1C continues to offer significant product improvements at no charge. It's unlikely that they appreciate the unusal bond between Oleg and his core users.

To Oleg, for his commitment to quality and his consistency, and for his patience...Thanks!

Just call me 'fanboi.'

msalama
06-09-2005, 09:28 AM
My deepest and most sincere thanks for a great patch & all the hard UNPAID work that went into it too! Thanks Oleg man - if U ever come to Helsinki I'll buy U one or 10 for sure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S!

rennyrd2
06-09-2005, 09:34 AM
WHY OH WHY BRING THE STUPIDITY OF GEORGE BUSH OR JOHN KERRY INTO THE DISCUSSION. PATCH 4.0 ROCKS!!

Larkatak
06-09-2005, 09:34 AM
dont forget to include some data on the Tempest and other new planes! it's missing in the ingame "view objects"

JV44Boelcke
06-09-2005, 09:58 AM
It's funny to hear alot of people talk about "testing" these leaked beta builds... U've got no idea what actual beta testing really entails. Hopping into a dogfight server and spinning about isn't a test. Try some total coverage map overflights or object durability and damage model testing along with complete non-opinionated objective reports...U've no idea how many things were noted and fixed by the actual beta teams.
I'm just amazed by how utterly ruthless some in our community can be...
-with amazement,
-Boelcke

Capt._Tenneal
06-09-2005, 10:17 AM
I like it when I see the posts in the non-UBI forums about "those folks at the Ubi zoo" (yeah... us again. We p*ss them off so much, right ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ). Then they get on their high horses and practically demand an apology from Oleg, because they are made to look like the bad guys for downloading the 4.0 leak http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif .

Scen
06-09-2005, 10:28 AM

Hmm let me see here... How much are they charging for the patch? Hmmmm Nothing...

Shut it!

Nobody is ripping you off and before you accuse me of being fan just do some math. They are releasing a patch with some addons for free! While I agree PF is incomplete they don't really have to support it. They've already released some patches for it.

I can't believe statments like this!

Do some math pal and figure out the Return on Investment.

Scendore

snafu73
06-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the official word Oleg.

Now at least we know the score.

MajorBloodnok
06-09-2005, 10:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sala_mander:

Personal comments like that don't exactly indicate a much higher level of intelligence.

Re the patch: I find it hard to believe that that was a release candidate - it doesnt seem to have much that has been alluded to in the past few months(screenshots, posts by Oleg etc.) and if I didnt know better than to foster expectations based on those allusions, I'd be pretty disappointed. Sure there have been all kinds of setbacks, personal issues - sick programmers and car accidents etc, but notwithstanding those unfortunate events and the amount of work being done by third parties, the leaked 4.00 patch is, well, pretty thin on new stuff.

I might sound ungrateful - but I did shell out the cash for the original Pacific Fighters expecting a game that worked and delivered what it promised. And how disappointed many (or most) of us were. I'm still downloading large patch after patch trying to get a complete game together. Perhaps 4.01 will be it. But in the meantime I'm not apologising for downloading 4.00 from CheckSix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Blessed are the self-righteous, for they SHALL inherit the earth. (Here's a tip, please take PF back to the shop and buy something else). http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Scen
06-09-2005, 10:31 AM

Great and then we can have a wonderful console game. Pound Sand Pile Boy!

hening_880Sqn
06-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Loose phrases like "coming really soon" and "in two weeks" are dangerous to banter about in a community of addicts. These phrases have been published, not by Oleg, but by those who represent his product, which can be confusing for the great mass of general users.

VF_12_Bostimax
06-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Oleg should charge for his patches-Gives him more money, and then if people didn't like it, then they don't pay. All the free stuff we have recieved has created a very spoiled group of simmers. Worse then my 2 year old daughter.
Oleg-take your time sir, you are truly a better man than I. For I would have told some of these people to shove off a while ago. Your patches are appreciated. As for the rest of you crybaby's and spoiled little bastids-if you don't like it-play something else-The WIP will eventually get here, there will be corrections to the problems. Yet, I fear, you will still complain once you get everything you want. Just play the ficken game...or don't if it troubles you that much.
Again Oleg, and all of 1C, thank you for your efforts.
Bostimax

Dark96thCAF
06-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi Oleg,

Thanks to you and your team for keeping my love of flying alive. Great Work. You have by far out done the others. Just wanted to make you aware of something. I and my squadron mates know the amount of work you and your team put in on this program and that its very much appreciated.

S! to the man that provides the means to have fun flying.

Dark

Werre_Fsck
06-09-2005, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Bearcat99/JugBug1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Bearcat99/Jugbug2.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Put "Arcade=0" in conf.ini and the disturbing arrows will disappear.

AVG_WarHawk
06-09-2005, 11:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
LMAO (thanks to oleg, horse laugh for all those who snagged up the leaked one, then spoke smack to 1c and the mods).....only wish it could not be patched over leaked version....Simply because I'm cruel *weg* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

DuxCorvan
06-09-2005, 11:53 AM
I hope the patch is different from 4.00, because I just can't stand all those hard sex scenes in the mission briefings. They're degradant and anti-natural... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Besides, I'm rather disappointed that most Russian fighters have still no even numbers (-1, 3, -5, -7, -9), because that leaves axis planes fighting against all odds. Oleg, please, fix that. My pants have a patch leak, too, and I can hide my incontinence problems no more. Let Sterf21 fix that. Also the FM of my radio is porked and the dial tends to twist heavily counter-clock-wise. And Alphonse W. Berdwick has no credit in the credit screens, so he can never pay a meal when he's there. Fix it. NOW! OR I'LL SHOUT LIKE A SCHOOLGIRL TILL MY EYES POP!

And, please, try to convince LEBillfish about going to the kitchen and prepare some sandwiches for the boys. If you do, I'm ready to make Bearcat pay $200 for the patch, as a signal of community love. Even more, I'd gladly offer 500 bucks of Bearcat's wallet for having the patch tonight! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

carguy_
06-09-2005, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cajun76:
Since you're all real German/Axis combat vets in real a/c in combat conditions with 1000's of missions in multiple theaters under your collective belts, right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*close to 320 online war sorties flown.
*theaters:Moscow,Stalingrad,Smolensk,Fin Gulf,Normandy and some pacific sorties

If you didn`t have beta5,6,7 you do not know what I`m talking about.The first has strongest MG151/20,the last has weakest.The "oficial" 4.0 has b7 MG151/20.

First 4.0 sorties reported some planes,espacially La5 taking 20+rounds to down.

Current MG151/20 is not much better than that from 3.04,but is ok.Similar to ShvAk.Though Oleg did play with it WHICH IS FRIGGIN WRONG.The message was: PUT THE STINKING MG SHELL INTO MG151/20 AMMOBELT.Tigertalon proved Oleg wrong,didn`t he?So why are we being missguided?There was proof,there was an honest effort and there was a consensus on MG151/20 ammobelt. Somebody doesn`t like new MG151/20?

But noooooooooooooo.They just HAD to play with MG shell strenght,didn`t they?

TylerD75
06-09-2005, 12:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sala_mander:
I might sound ungrateful - but I did shell out the cash for the original Pacific Fighters expecting a game that worked and delivered what it promised. And how disappointed many (or most) of us were. I'm still downloading large patch after patch trying to get a complete game together. Perhaps 4.01 will be it. But in the meantime I'm not apologising for downloading 4.00 from CheckSix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's the big deal! I found the out-of-the-box version of PF to be more than satisfying. And the fact that Maddox are releasing new big patches with complimentary addons is better than perfect!!! As a matter of fact, I think maddox should be a model for all software producers.

Sure it would be great if software producers (like Microsoft) would finish their products before releasing them. But this is a game, not something that will defy gravity or prevent future wars.

And this needs to be said: With maybe the exception of Silent Hunter 3, these guys are listening and answering msgs on this forum in a way I'M not used to from other releases.
So GO MADDOX!!!!

cmw1980
06-09-2005, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I hope the patch is different from 4.00, because I just can't stand all those hard sex scenes in the mission briefings. They're degradant and anti-natural... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, DuxCorvan, I think you're being narrow minded and unfair. The only reason I got the patch (sorry, I mean my friend got the patch), was for the sex scenes because I cant afford the adult channel!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Now if you'd all excuse me, I'm off to finish "Hard pounding in hawaii - part 7"
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

DuxCorvan
06-09-2005, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TylerD75:
So GO MAD DUX!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I try my best... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

AirborneCoyote
06-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that demanding Oleg to do this and that is rude?

The fact that he even comes down to this level and talks "face-to-face" (as much so as you can through the internet, anyway) completely blows me away.

I've never really played a game where the creators come down to speak with the fans. But with the comments he's been recieving, I start to wonder why he doesn't quit on us.

Can't we just take the game for what it is? I'm still on 3.04m and loving it.

LEBillfish
06-09-2005, 12:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
And, please, try to convince LEBillfish about going to the kitchen and prepare some sandwiches for the boys.: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Sandwich for you today!!.....Nice eyes though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

DuxCorvan
06-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Nice eyes though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, they're ideal for swimming at the beach: you can both see the babes and watch your clothes the same time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MajorBloodnok
06-09-2005, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Werre_Fsck:
Put "Arcade=0" in conf.ini and the disturbing arrows will disappear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Heh heh, teh funnay! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

DRAGON_2_GO
06-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey an heads up for the whiners: He said it will be ONE week till 4.01 is out.

Finally the only two more weeks thing is over... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif pity I liked laughing @ those whiners... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif
(sorry if it was said before, I'm short on time and haven't been able to read it all...)

So the offical patch will be out soon? Great http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Thanks Mr. Maddox (and Dux don't dare quoting me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

DuxCorvan
06-09-2005, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRAGON_2_GO:
(and Dux don't dare quoting me) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or what? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

DRAGON_2_GO
06-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Oops shouln't have said that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
06-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Beta or not Its very good Oleg I hope too much dont change. Both sides got things they wanted and spent many hours posting data and debating. Sure I have some whines but who doesnt its human nature and biased opinion in general (Unlike so many I can admit that). Nice work Oleg...keep it up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GT182
06-09-2005, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">by paux2005
when Oleg? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When Oleg says it's done, of course. And I hope he takes as long as he wants to do it right. Why? Because it might get the whiners off his back, but for some dumb reason I can't see that happening. Whiners are never satisfied even if the patch/addon is done correctly with proof.

And to Oleg.....
Did Crazy Ivan pass on the info to you about the Avenger? You'll know what I mean if he did. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif It's only a suggestion but it should work for you and 1C.

Renegade_50
06-09-2005, 04:07 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif
Im sort of tired of the gee it's been leaked agian garbage. get some real beta Testers Oleg, not the morons you use now. they appearently have no sense of decorum nor any honor to you.
personally i could care less about the patch, i dont fly this game any longer except in IL2 Air Racing. Thats the only place i can find any real fun with this game any longer

han freak solo
06-09-2005, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:

Besides, I'm rather disappointed that most Russian fighters have still no even numbers (-1, 3, -5, -7, -9), because that leaves axis planes fighting against all odds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good one, Dux! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Sala_mander
06-09-2005, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MajorBloodnok:
Blessed are the self-righteous, for they SHALL inherit the earth. (Here's a tip, please take PF back to the shop and buy something else). http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I almost did, except that the promises of fixes and the free add-on kept me from doing so. Well, the patches came, and some bugs were corrected, sometimes replaced with new ones. Still waiting for a decent allied torpedo bomber, without which a Pacific war simulator can hardly be called such, a stable and accurate FM, and the polish worthy of IL2:FB standard. I bought Pacific Fighters when it was released last year. The patch was then promised for December/January. It's now June 2005. That's a long time to wait for the return on investment for any PC game.

Sala_mander
06-09-2005, 05:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TylerD75:

What's the big deal! I found the out-of-the-box version of PF to be more than satisfying. And the fact that Maddox are releasing new big patches with complimentary addons is better than perfect!!! As a matter of fact, I think maddox should be a model for all software producers.

Sure it would be great if software producers (like Microsoft) would finish their products before releasing them. But this is a game, not something that will defy gravity or prevent future wars.

And this needs to be said: With maybe the exception of Silent Hunter 3, these guys are listening and answering msgs on this forum in a way I'M not used to from other releases.
So GO MADDOX!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The big deal is that somehow UBI have managed to sweep their screwing of the consumer under the carpet. They forced the release of an incomplete game, and now they've even managed to get the fanboys to claim it was a finished product. The level-headed gamer knows this to be untrue, as pointed out by just about every independent review of PF. The fact that you were satisfied only proves that you're easily satisfied. I only want what was advertised, what I thought I was paying for. I'll be satisfied when I get that. Patch 4.00 isnt it, yet.

GR142-Pipper
06-09-2005, 06:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BM357_Hitcher:

After yesterday's release of the Yale college grade transcripts of George Bush and John Kerry, I would say the whiners have IQ's lower than John Kerry. George got better grades, dummy! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> As an aside, only a bozo like Kerry could get THREE Purple Hearts and never spend ONE day in the hospital. Go figure.

GR142-Pipper

rennyrd2
06-09-2005, 06:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As an aside, only a bozo like Kerry could get THREE Purple Hearts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO VISIBLE SCARS EITHER! GO FIGURE

psychobabbler
06-09-2005, 07:12 PM
I wonder how long it will be before Oleg says
" screw listening to all this ****",and takes
his considerable talent elsewhere?.
A lesser man would have been gone long
ago.

joe3rd
06-09-2005, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LEBillfish:
Great Job Billfish !!!!
Your absolutely correct!!!

GT182
06-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Psycobabbler... I tend to agree with you. If it was me and I saw all this whining, I'd be gone too.

You gotta give Oleg credit... he's hung in there thru all this and still works on getting a "correcting" patch out. I wonder how many on here could stick with it long enough to correct things? Not many I'm afraid.

If he'd made Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters "absolute real", not many of us would have even been able to get off the ground. Well, only the real pilots here would have and then they'd have had the last laugh. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

AOD_DieHard_X
06-09-2005, 08:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psychobabbler:
I wonder how long it will be before Oleg says
" screw listening to all this ****",and takes
his considerable talent elsewhere?.
A lesser man would have been gone long
ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lotta $$$ to just walk away from, aren't there?

Reaves_42
06-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the info both Oleg and Ivan. I've been playing other games lately and have forgotten the great customer service we get with the IL-2 series.

-BTW you should think about adding real world weather updates for BOB like FS9 and some other flight sims are starting to use, no weather generator can compare to the real thing.

Tachyon1000
06-09-2005, 10:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GR142-Pipper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BM357_Hitcher:

After yesterday's release of the Yale college grade transcripts of George Bush and John Kerry, I would say the whiners have IQ's lower than John Kerry. George got better grades, dummy! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> As an aside, only a bozo like Kerry could get THREE Purple Hearts and never spend ONE day in the hospital. Go figure.

GR142-Pipper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, are all you rubes members of the Christo-Fascist-Zombie Brigade or merely self-defeating spineless Centrist Democrats? No political discussions, rubes. This is an IL2 only zone.

polak5
06-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Yesterday i loged on to hyperlobby and heard on the chat: "the patch is out"
I said: "it is!?!?"
and was responded: "yes polak heres the link..."

I dont believe everything people say, especially online, i wasent born yesterday. Soo i went to the OFFICIAL IL2 site and saw no news about the new patch being out yet.
I am soo tired of the he said she said whining, " I heard, They said, I read, It was promised". If u are stupid enough to believe everything u hear from some yahoo on the net. U deserve to be laughed at, rediculed and let down.. U get no pitty from me.
Now with all this leak bs, and most people having the 4.0 (duno if most people, but im Hyper lots do), Oleg has to make 4.1 compatible with 4.0.As far as im conserned let them reinstall. Thx to all the igmos outther..

WWMaxGunz
06-09-2005, 11:29 PM
What compatible? It only has to overwrite the old information, not work with it.

Lean backwards some more, I just want to see.

This is 2nd time a patch was taken from 1C FTP site by passed link. SECOND TIME.
Somebody tell them about passwords please. They are locks for internet doors.

jamesw21943
06-09-2005, 11:32 PM
thanks for all your hard work and dedication even when your still recovering from what i,m sure was a traumatic experience.there are as you can see in north america to many whiners who have not had to do without and who expect instant gratification in everything they do.if only they would stop and smell the roses as this is bar none the greatest flight sim ever to date and only you and your team can top it whitch i,m sure your in the process of doing.
for all that you do for us a heartfelt thank-you
as there arent enough adjectives in the english language to describe the attributes of this sim and the joy it has given.i know your a man of higest integrity and the 4.01 will be as perfect as humanely possible .the flight sim world owes you a lot.thanks mr maddox for your dedication to this wonderful sim and the way you stand behind it.
happy flying to all
jw21943

avpmechman
06-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Oleg, take as long as you want. Just release a finalised patch. Ignore the whiners, we can play as it is or play other games. After all, we ARE using the internet.

Flakenstien
06-10-2005, 02:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silencer_42:
-BTW you should think about adding real world weather updates for BOB like FS9 and some other flight sims are starting to use, no weather generator can compare to the real thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! I was thinking the same thing, then I thought some more and realize how rediculious this would be especiall for those wanting realism.
I'm certain that the weather today wouldn't be the same as it was some 60 years ago so "real weather" wouldn't be feasable.
However there are the stats and figures to recreate weather from any day and time so a feature for weather enhancement that can be utilized by mission builders to represent weather how it was on a specific day and time back then would be really cool!

RatSars
06-10-2005, 02:59 AM
Poor diddums - it must be utterly heartbreaking to find the patch NOT advised by Oleg, NOT downloaded from Ubi isn't the correct one. What is the world coming to...?

Sala_mander
06-10-2005, 03:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWMaxGunz:
What compatible? It only has to overwrite the old information, not work with it.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True - patches for PF aren't so much patches as replacement parts. That's why they tend to be so large. The bonus for us 4.00 downloaders (or should I call us unwitting beta testers, now that we're being encouraged to report our findings) is that in the event of an aircraft or map being removed from 4.00 for 4.01, we'll still have it even if we load 4.01.

Dew-Claw
06-10-2005, 03:49 AM
Mistakes happen, wires get crossed, and unfortunatly people will do things simply because they can regardless of whom they hurt.

Its called
The Real World

Sala_mander
06-10-2005, 04:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dew-Claw:
Mistakes happen, wires get crossed, and unfortunatly people will do things simply because they can regardless of whom they hurt.

Its called
The Real World </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure who you mean - do you mean impatient downloaders downloading a posted patch from CheckSix regardless of who it hurts (who does it hurt?), or do you mean those who pushed out an unfinished product to cash in on the Christmas rush regardless of how many consumers it hurts?

BM357_Hitcher
06-10-2005, 09:07 AM
If it is not here, it is not official:

http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/updates.php

JG54_Arnie
06-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Is that really you Locust? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I noticed yesterday that the Lagg rolls right..
US planes fly nicely still, use the P-38 if you want those others to be fixed..

It does rock! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Kadin1
06-10-2005, 11:37 AM
P51, P40, Hurri, LaFN I-16 and German go left, Laggs, Migs, IL2 go right. Are those effect from torque wrong, Locust?
These are the one I tried to test the validity of you allegation. So far very little value in it!

GT182
06-10-2005, 12:11 PM
So they go left because of the torque. Do you know what TRIM is? That's how the torque was taken care of in real life.

The one thing all you whiners forget is.... that this is only a game..... IT'S NOT REAL LIFE. If you were in a Real WWII a/c, I doubt you could even get it off the ground. Remember the key word... GAME. Sheesh, get a grip people.

IL2-chuter
06-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Can you "groundloop" yet? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif As a RL taildragger pilot that is a feature I would like to see implemented. Getting a 109 up to 40/50 mph on takeoff and going HANDS/FEET OFF for an uneventful uncontrolled takeoff is weirdly absurd. This isn't a taxiing game, though, so I'm not holding my breath . . . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

AFJ_Locust
06-10-2005, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GT182:
So they go left because of the torque. Do you know what TRIM is? That's how the torque was taken care of in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are all the fighters supposed to torque to the left ?

Ive tested several differant ac & all of mine want to torque left all of them cept p38 and some bombers.

And Yes I know what the trim is for Ive used it since Il2 was released so no need for flight instructions. Unless I get a real Plane http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Im just freeking out cuz all my AC almost all are torqing left is it just me ??? is it wrong ?

If not Ill live with it but i thought they should torq in differant directions like 109 left & p51 right ?

BM357_Sniper
06-10-2005, 01:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GT182:
So they go left because of the torque. Do you know what TRIM is? That's how the torque was taken care of in real life.

The one thing all you whiners forget is.... that this is only a game..... IT'S NOT REAL LIFE. If you were in a Real WWII a/c, I doubt you could even get it off the ground. Remember the key word... GAME. Sheesh, get a grip people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a bit more than a game and am I the only one that gets tired of some of these lamers in here that can do nothing but put others down with bright comments like, "Oh, I bet you couldn't even get a real WW2 aircraft off the ground" A plane is a plane is a plane. If you were a real pilot, you might know that, bite me! Sorry, bad day, had to be done! S~ anyways

Kadin1
06-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Prop goes clockwise9(to the right) the plane torques counterclockwise(to the left) and vise versa, naturally.
P51, P47, P40, Hurricanes, Spits, Lafn, Bf, Fw the prop spins clockwise.
Nothing wrong with your game, you just happen to fly more often clockwise spining ships http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AFJ_Locust
06-10-2005, 01:34 PM
OOps Yes your right

I just tested the 109s & some other ac

I alwayes thought the 109s prop spun to the left but it dosent....

My bad sorry for opening my mouth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

klemlao
06-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Yes, most western single engine WWII a/c (just happen to) have props rotating to the right including the 109 and 190. Don't know about the Russian - I just have never looked but I think you can take it that what you get in IL2/PF will be correct. The Griffon engined Spits (14 etc) and Napier engine Typhoon/Tempest rotated the other way. A good look at some photos or cutaway drawings shows the way the prop will 'cut' into the air. The P38 had contra rotating so, no noticeable torque.

klem

Scen
06-10-2005, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AFJ_Locust:
OOps Yes your right

I just tested the 109s & some other ac

I alwayes thought the 109s prop spun to the left but it dosent....

My bad sorry for opening my mouth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW Just to help you understand what's really going on. There are other factors that make a plane turn left or right.

I was going to do a quick write up but I found a single page that describes it perfectly.

There are basically four "effects" from the action of the propeller; well, five if you count the thrust! They are: spiral propwash, asymmetric loading (p-factor), torque, and gyroscopic effects. We'll look at each of these in turn.

Spiral Propwash. The prop does not throw the propwash straight back - there's some drag on the prop, and that tends to make the wash behind it come off in a spiral fashion. And the problem comes when that spiral flow meets the rudder. If the rudder/fin is mounted high, the plane will turn (yaw) left because only the top part of the spiral hits it. See fig. 1. On a taildragger at rest, tail down, this may not be the case, and even the reverse may be true because the propwash must be mostly parallel to the ground.

P-Factor. Asymmetrical thrust is most apparent with taildraggers because it's mostly a function of the prop not being perpendicular to the oncoming airflow - but that can also happen with any plane when at a high angle of attack, like right AFTER takeoff. When the air is coming into the prop at an angle instead of square to it, one side of the prop operates at a higher angle of attack than the other, and the resultant thrust is no longer acting on the planes' centerline, but off to one side. And that makes the plane want to turn. See fig. 3. The usual case, nose high, gives us a left turn.

Torque. Our props have a certain amount of drag - and the torque (twisting force) the engine exerts on the air is, in opposite fashion, also exerted through the engine mount to the airplane. Since all our props turn to the right, that means there is a force trying to twist (roll) the airplane to the left. Note that this force is about the ROLL axis - the torque forces do not by themselves TURN or yaw the plane as do the previous two effects. We automatically take care of this with ailerons in keeping the wings level, and it really doesn't take much force from the ailerons to do it. On the ground, all torque forces are countered by the wheels.

Gyroscopic effect. The weight of the fast-turning prop creates a gyroscope, which will resist any change in the direction of its rotating axis. This is easily overcome by the planes controls - but the more detectable gyroscopic effect comes AS THE DIRECTION IS CHANGING. As the planes direction is changing, as in a sudden pull-up, gyroscopic forces try to rotate the plane about an axis 90 degrees to the axis you're forcing it. In the example of a sudden pitch up, the gyro action from the prop will try to force the plane to turn (YAW) to the right. Don't believe it? Try it - the next time you're holding your plane nose up at full power to check your mixture, rotate the plane sharply nose up and down. You'll feel the sideways pressure from this force. In flight, its almost negligible, except perhaps at near zero airspeed if you do a VERY quick stall turn or flopover.

So what is one to do? Answer- know what your planes characteristics are, and compensate - with THE RUDDER! Let's take an example; the Piper Cub, well known for its tendency to ground loop on take off. Here's what happens: you gas the engine, and immediately have to put in some right rudder to keep it from turning to the left, from the p-factor on the prop. With the tail down, the tailwheel gets more effective as you begin to roll, and you have to let up on the rudder. But then the tail comes up - and the fin and rudder, which were low and were getting equal right and left yaw from the spiral effect, now pop up into only the top portion of the spiral propwash. The Cub will now sharply turn left unless you are quick to shove on the right rudder. As the Cub accelerates, the fin/rudder get more straight airflow and again you must let up on the right rudder to keep it straight! Whoo! And we're not even airborne yet!

One method to tame the initial gyrations is to hold the tail down for part or all of the take off run - this keeps the tailwheel firmly in contact with the runway, stabilizing directional control considerably. A touch of up elevator does wonders here; just remember to slack off the elevator at lift off to keep from climbing too steeply.

Suppose you pull the plane off early, while very slow. You are at a high angle of attack, and the p-factor (and maybe some spiral effect, too) will try to turn you to the left again. Assuming that you keep the wings level with aileron, RUDDER is the proper way to correct the left drift. If you only correct with right aileron, the plane will be in a skid, in unbalanced flight, and you're setting yourself up for a stall/snap/crash, bigtime!

Just how much prop effects affect your planes behavior depends on the plane. A pattern-type plane is affected very little. A front engined delta, which can operate at very high angles of attack (lots of p-factor) and has a very high tail (spiral propwash), is affected considerably - you get a sore thumb from standing on the right rudder. And your planes probably fall somewhere in between those two extremes.

Understand what is happening with your plane - and learn to make the PROPER corrections (quite often with right rudder). You'll be a better, smoother pilot, and you may just save a plane or two!

NerdConnected
06-10-2005, 04:45 PM
crazyivan1970,

Does'nt really matter now anymore since 4.0 is already very, very good ;-) Oleg is a perfectionist, I appreciate that and am looking forward to 4.01....

One thing: can the readme include a line or two which says which Nvidia and Ati drivers work best with 4.01? It would save me a lot of time and trouble trying all the Nvidia beta builds.

Mark

GT182
06-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Well Sniper, I guess you know more than me. If you're a real pilot that is. I'm not tho I've had flight training years ago, so I can and have the right to say what I did. This is a game that is nothing like real life flying. It's a close simulation of it only. And that make it a game/simulation... nothing more and nothing less. Don't let how good you are on your computer and flying online get the better of you. And if you're not a pilot don't take your attitude to a flight instructor.... he'll change that in a hurry. Just ask some of the "real" pilots on here as I think they might agree with me.

No offence mate but that's the way it is.

psychobabbler
06-10-2005, 05:21 PM
many people here have had the opportunity to talk
to some of the guys who actually flew these planes.
ive talked to a couple of them myself,
and NOT ONE of them bithed about how these aircraft handled in the air or on the ground.
they talked about how glad they were to
BE ALIVE.
get a life.

Haukeye
06-10-2005, 06:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psychobabbler:
many people here have had the opportunity to talk
to some of the guys who actually flew these planes.
ive talked to a couple of them myself,
and NOT ONE of them bithed about how these aircraft handled in the air or on the ground.
they talked about how glad they were to
BE ALIVE.
get a life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Er, excuse me, but some years ago I talked with one WWII pilot who flew both the P38 and the P51. I asked him which one he liked best and he said the 38 had a habit of flipping over on the pilot if it lost an engine. He preffered the 51, said that it was indeed the cadillac of the skies. You might want to refrain from generalizations in the future, eh? No offense meant.

Haukeye

avpmechman
06-10-2005, 07:23 PM
It was the early version of the 38 that flipped like that. They fixed that later by modifying the rotation of the props.

psychobabbler
06-10-2005, 07:24 PM
no,i stand by what i said. the guys whodid this for
real didn't presume to know more than the people
who designed the aircraft that they were assigned
to. they simply did what they could with what they
had.
for the money i've spent on this series
of games and the rig to run it,i want something
as close to the real thing as possible.
if that means flipping over or under or
sideways all the better.

mikes911s
06-10-2005, 07:51 PM
[and he gets PAID

Haukeye
06-10-2005, 08:10 PM
no,i stand by what i said. the guys whodid this for
real didn't presume to know more than the people
who designed the aircraft that they were assigned
to. they simply did what they could with what they
had.
for the money i've spent on this series
of games and the rig to run it,i want something
as close to the real thing as possible.
if that means flipping over or under or
sideways all the better.
. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey, you said none of them *****ed about how the planes handled in the air, I found one in person, have also read many quotes of pilots griping about other planes they flew, the P39 comes to mind. Pilots did comment about the differences in each plane's characteristics, trust me. Me thinks yer meaning is about something else, you just phrased it wrong.

Haukeye

Haukeye
06-10-2005, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by avpmechman:
It was the early version of the 38 that flipped like that. They fixed that later by modifying the rotation of the props. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting. It was cool talking to the old guy, you should have seen him smile when talking about the P51. Thanks for the pointer.

Haukeye

psychobabbler
06-10-2005, 09:37 PM
fair enough,point well taken.

RAAF_Furball
06-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Yes we will make it possible to install over leaked version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Now that's impressive - thank you, Oleg ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's chill, lads. Where's that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif compassion we all showed recently when Oleg had car problems ?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official releases should be released via PF website - not Forums - you only have yourselves to blame for installing beta (test) version released by some twit tester.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

avpmechman
06-11-2005, 12:06 AM
The old pilots and the planes they flew can tell you more about what flying is like than any engineer. Fortunately for me, I live 20 minutes from the spruce goose, and about an hour from another air museum where they do regular fly ins.

BM357_Sniper
06-11-2005, 05:09 AM
Well Sniper, I guess you know more than me. If you're a real pilot that is. I'm not tho I've had flight training years ago, so I can and have the right to say what I did. This is a game that is nothing like real life flying. It's a close simulation of it only. And that make it a game/simulation... nothing more and nothing less. Don't let how good you are on your computer and flying online get the better of you. And if you're not a pilot don't take your attitude to a flight instructor.... he'll change that in a hurry. Just ask some of the "real" pilots on here as I think they might agree with me.

No offence mate but that's the way it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am a real pilot and have been one for years. And more importantly, THIS IS NOT A GAME, ITS WAR AND IT IS REAL!!!!!!!!! at least that's what I tell my wife. lol Flight instructors? Pfff, just guys trying to get hours to get a real job! S~ BTW, its a little more than a game, can't compare it to anything of the kind. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Functio
06-11-2005, 05:27 AM
This new FM doesn't seem all that different from the old one IMHO. You can still floor the throttle to max whilst on the runway and the torque factor doesn't really cause any problems at all. Likewise when landing and at low speed - torque still isn't really a factor. Planes still can hang on their props, etc.. You can also do aerobatics at low speed having just taken off, so I don't think energy modelling has been added either. Hopefully BoB's FM will be alot more detailed than this.

But at least the MG151/20 cannon seems much better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LeadSpitter_
06-11-2005, 06:24 AM
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/197/1158/640/kleenex.jpg .

Snyde-Dastardly
06-11-2005, 10:17 AM
LeadSpitter you kill me!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SkyJy
06-11-2005, 07:30 PM
I know this may sound stupid, but where can I get the patch? I have not been able to play because all of the servers have the new patch and I cannot find it anywhere.
Thanks,
SkyJy aka Frank

IVJG51_Animal
06-11-2005, 11:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SkyJy:
I know this may sound stupid, but where can I get the patch? I have not been able to play because all of the servers have the new patch and I cannot find it anywhere.
Thanks,
SkyJy aka Frank </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno. The UBI site still has the latest patch listed at being available in January, as 3.04. I've tried to read the 10 pages in this thread, and cannot find a link to the patch. Is it customary for the patch to be released as a link only in this forum, and not on the official website?

S!!
Animal

IVJG51_Animal
06-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Here is a link I found somewhere else, in another thread. It may be the right place, but heck, I don't know.

ftp://ftp.free.fr/tmp/

S!!
Animal

avpmechman
06-11-2005, 11:57 PM
If you'd actually read the thread, you'd know that this is a leaked beta of the patch. It's not official, and therefore has no official hosting or support.

Functio
06-12-2005, 05:13 AM
I've been told that an earlier version of the Beta had more pronounced torque and other more realistic FM details - seems that this has been dumbed down now, which is a shame.

klemlao
06-12-2005, 05:29 AM
Oleg, if you're still reading this record breaking thread .... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Some of us would like it as real as it gets. Earlier posts suggested a max realism (as far as possible) setting or perhaps there could be an optional patch. Either way some of would like to have the option for the best you can give us.

Can you do that?

klem

SkyJy
06-12-2005, 05:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IVJG51_Animal:
Here is a link I found somewhere else, in another thread. It may be the right place, but heck, I don't know.

ftp://ftp.free.fr/tmp/

S!!
Animal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank You. I will try this out. I realize the patch is not official but if everyone has it installed already I need it to play in the games with the people I like. The other option is to not play until it comes out officially and I need this game! :-)

Gremlin181
06-12-2005, 05:55 AM
hmm you need it to play in games with people you like.
Shame those people didnt tell you where they got the patch so you could join them !

Agree with previous comments about max realsim, ok let me qualify that as long as I dont have to have an online groundcrew.
Be pretty hard to persuade anyone to do that in my squad.

Gremlin

msalama
06-12-2005, 06:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...seems that this has been dumbed down now, which is a shame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dumbed down compared to what exactly? What if this earlier beta you mentioned was unrealistically hard? And furthermore, what if it was toned down because 1C's test pilots - blokes with some real WWII wardbird experience - said it was unrealistically hard?

Just asking, that's all...

TylerD75
06-12-2005, 06:50 AM
No offense guys, but could it be possible for Oleg to maybe start a new thread, not writable to everyone, where info on the development of this patch is all summed up?

As I see it, I come in here to find out the official patch news, and I have to go through 10 pages of bull to find it. As I stated in the beginning, NO offense to all you other guys, but what you have to say about this patch is really irrelevant to me... All I want to know is how far the development has come, and/or when it's being released. Wether the torque or whatever is unsatisfactory to YOU (in the unreleased patch) is completely uninteresting. And there is allready a thread for bugreports, so go put it somewhere else. I just whish the title of the thread could mean something... Like OFFICIAL PATCH NEWS only... Just a thought! I'm getting tired of going through 10 PAGES to find those from Maddox...

VVS-Manuc
06-12-2005, 08:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Functio:
This new FM doesn't seem all that different from the old one IMHO. You can still floor the throttle to max whilst on the runway and the torque factor doesn't really cause any problems at all. Likewise when landing and at low speed - torque still isn't really a factor. Planes still can hang on their props, etc.. You can also do aerobatics at low speed having just taken off, so I don't think energy modelling has been added either. Hopefully BoB's FM will be alot more detailed than this.

But at least the MG151/20 cannon seems much better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope so, too.

But if you read in ORR or the general forum, it seems that for the most players this moderate torque effects are already too much to handle.

irR4tiOn4L
06-12-2005, 09:00 AM
from my observations most people say its easy once youre in the air - takeoff is tougher because we need almost full rudder and very well maintained too - but the general consensus is that in the air its pretty much the same but more detailed as before.

I too wish that the flight had more depth to it - but its still LOADS of fun. especially the turbulence dogfights in valleys under thunderclouds.

Functio
06-12-2005, 09:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Dumbed down compared to what exactly? What if this earlier beta you mentioned was unrealistically hard? And furthermore, what if it was toned down because 1C's test pilots - blokes with some real WWII wardbird experience - said it was unrealistically hard?

Just asking, that's all... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems to me that the FM is built with certain amount of realism in mind - but then that gets undone by subsequent testing by game players, rather than by pilots. I don't get the impression that the FM improvements were 'unrealistically hard' - torque from high-power engines, etc. and other important aspects (i.e. energy) which are missing from this sim should be factored in IMHO. It's needed so that we have an accurate simulation of the aircraft involved.

If this is 'hard' for some people, well they may just have to learn how to deal with it. But it seems that, so far, this sort of stuff gets dumbed down so that people don't have to worry about it, even at 'full-real' settings. I don't get why this is - people could simply chose to fly at less difficult settings if things like, torque, energy, sideslip drag, etc. aren't what they're after. But I don't see why the sim in general should suffer in it's FM modelling because of it.

Functio
06-12-2005, 09:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But if you read in ORR or the general forum, it seems that for the most players this moderate torque effects are already too much to handle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps because you have to actually think a bit about actually flying, rather than just yank'n'bank stuff ad finitum. Okay, we get of torque at take-off, but nothing substantial. It doesn't seem to be a factor at low speed, for example - chuck a P-47 up at the top of a loop and let it hang there and you don't really have to worry. The torque from it's very powerful engine and the energy bleeding away from it's weight aren't there to any extent. It pretty much feels the same as any other aircraft.

Now, if one of the previous Betas had a more realistic FM, you'd actually have to think about all of this stuff when flying.

RAAF_Furball
06-12-2005, 09:14 AM
No offense guys, but could it be possible for Oleg to maybe start a new thread, not writable to everyone, where info on the development of this patch is all summed up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good idea - these Topics can get off-subject very easily.

msalama
06-12-2005, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But I don't see why the sim in general should suffer in it's FM modelling because of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Functio,

You might very well be correct in your critique. And yeah, I personally could take it harder myself. But who can say what amount of torque is _historically_exact_ without some 1st-hand WWII aircraft piloting experience? Bearing in mind, of course, that it varies a lot between different aircraft types too...

That's my point right there.

Scrappy_D
06-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Are you going to stop people being able to hack the java code, as they can force peoples games to die remotely ... I believe you do know about this but it is not public knowledge! It is currently being exploited by only a few .. and the expliot appears to only work with dedicated server .... Please put a stop to this!

Also the leaked patch ...

Some of the campaigns have missing maps!

Carriers are missing on some campaigns .. the ones that players spawn on .. quite important!

Damaged planes now do strange things when falling to the ground .. un-realistic, like if you de-wing a plane they seem to loose weight and gravity is lost?

Planes that land on water, the pilot is killed instantly?

Hope thats useful

~S~

Functio
06-12-2005, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by msalama:
You might very well be correct in your critique. And yeah, I personally could take it harder myself. But who can say what amount of torque is _historically_exact_ without some 1st-hand WWII aircraft piloting experience? Bearing in mind, of course, that it varies a lot between different aircraft types too...

That's my point right there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it's pretty obvious IMHO that torque and other pretty vital things are still missing from the FM. That's a no-brainer - I mean, there are various things that are noticable by their absence, or by the way they seem a little tacked on. Torque is one of these. Energy loss is another. Both are important things to be aware of, especially in low-speed situations - and because they're still not in the sim as they should be, one can only assume that this is because it would mess up gameplay stuff, especially dogfight server-type flying. It seems that gameplay still rules over realism - if the previous Betas were dumbed down, then this is a case in point.

Shame really.

madgett
06-12-2005, 09:49 PM
There really are a bunch of noobs that post on this forum.

AerialTarget
06-12-2005, 10:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scrappy_D:
Planes that land on water, the pilot is killed instantly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is modelled? Yes! The P-38 Lighning pilot's handbook mentions that water landings must be made with gear up, as gear down water landings in the P-38 are invariably fatal. I only hope that it is not overdone or applied to airplanes that it should not be applied to.

F16_Tivan
06-13-2005, 03:54 PM
I really like the new fligtmodel in this patch, but the taxiing caracteristics is really bad now. In the previous versions you could turn your plane on ground pretty easy with some help of throttle and brake, wich i think is pretty much how it works in real planes. But in this new patch the turning radious is trippled in most planes.. It's VERY hard to taxi into a good starting position, when you are flying with other people... I haven't seen alot of complaints on this issue though, so it might be just me or? Have you guys tried to taxi in a HE-111 yet? I feel that this applies to most planes though...

Armhunter
06-13-2005, 04:02 PM
I have taxi'd a few planes and I find it easier to turn and get to where I want too..

p51, spit, bf109,...

But I have not tried the He-111..

Stog2004
06-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Will the updated patch be released this year

Wallstein
06-14-2005, 12:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by msalama:
My deepest and most sincere thanks for a great patch & all the hard UNPAID work that went into it too! Thanks Oleg man - if U ever come to Helsinki I'll buy U one or 10 for sure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Salama, let me know when Oleg comes and I`ll be next on the line to buy him a beer or ... 10 beers!

Ala11_Kal
06-14-2005, 08:33 AM
No offense guys, but could it be possible for Oleg to maybe start a new thread, not writable to everyone, where info on the development of this patch is all summed up?

As I see it, I come in here to find out the official patch news, and I have to go through 10 pages of bull to find it. As I stated in the beginning, NO offense to all you other guys, but what you have to say about this patch is really irrelevant to me... All I want to know is how far the development has come, and/or when it's being released. Wether the torque or whatever is unsatisfactory to YOU (in the unreleased patch) is completely uninteresting. And there is allready a thread for bugreports, so go put it somewhere else. I just whish the title of the thread could mean something... Like OFFICIAL PATCH NEWS only... Just a thought! I'm getting tired of going through 10 PAGES to find those from Maddox... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you.

PILOT-SF
06-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Oh my! This is great patch! I love all the new improvements on graphics. Those new clouds are awesome. It's so cool to have those little holes in thick cloud layer and then you dive in to it and kiss your enemy goodbye. Also this new FM feels good (weird shaking sometimes though). AI is much much better as well.I'm so thankfull of this game and I really cant understand all the whining on these forums. I understand critique and sharing new ideas, but that whining bugs me (this is not an issue here now. I'm not replying to someone). Oleg and your team, I really enjoy this game and all the extra you put in to it. Looking forward to play BOB one day.

Godspeed lads!

DaBestHawk_69th
06-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

TwoTall2
06-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Leaked patch or not. It's flippin awesome, Oleg and his team have out done themselves as usual.

It's because of games like this that I am sngle, every girlfriend I have had since I have had IL2FB and all its add-ons, it comes down to either them or IL2.....I do miss them....occasionally.

VR_Chalky
06-15-2005, 06:56 AM
You said it mate!! that's life, eh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DuxCorvan
06-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Thread title: Official patch news.

Thread content: Unofficial patch opinions.

Can you guys stop all this blah blah blah about 4.00, and leave the channel free for its purpose?

Thank you.

Skyraider3D
06-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Thread title: Official patch news.

Thread content: Unofficial patch opinions.

Can you guys stop all this blah blah blah about 4.00, and leave the channel free for its purpose?

Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Amen to that.
I can't be bothered reading all 11 pages, but is 4.01 released or not??? The reason I'm asking is because I found this....
http://patches.ubi.com/pacific_fighters/
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

klemlao
06-15-2005, 11:30 AM
FOR GAWD'S SAKE DON'T D/LOAD IT or you'll start another round :0

I think you found a back door.

Wait until it's announced.

klem

klemlao
06-15-2005, 11:50 AM
OH !

it IS out !

http://www.pacific-fighters.com:4321/en/updates.php
&lt;file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ubi%20Soft/Copy%20of%20IL-2%20Sturmovik%20Forgotten%20Battles/bin/&gt;

Bartsimpson-
06-17-2005, 11:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paux2005:
oleg when? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think on the next week </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oleg don't you mean 2 ....... weeks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bartman .

Te_Vigo
06-18-2005, 07:28 AM
Oleg and staff

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

great stuff guys....