PDA

View Full Version : Remove team colors!

Yuoru
09-16-2018, 02:38 PM
We already got plenty of ways to separate a teammate from an enemy. Everyone I have seen so far hates the team colors, it just ruins a big part of the customization. For example the Heavenly Crane mask looks awful when defending, I honestly regret buying it because of this. It's absolutely clear who is an opponent and who is a friend, regardless of colors. I honestly think there's something wrong with the devs, EVERYONE wants the team colors removed, NO ONE needs them. If you think team colors are needed, please explain.

Alustar.exe
09-16-2018, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't mind team colors if more of the outfits you unlock were available to attack/defending options. However to say that these colors don't have a page and are useless, that's not really accurate. Some heroes have a stealth feat that removes them from radar and HUD, if there are mop color schemes making them stand out a lot of heroes would blend in too much with minions or other heroes making it harder to identify players.
In short, don't remove color options, just make the ones you have more widely available. I hate spending steel on cool outfits only to see that color scheme doesn't apply to 90% of the game I'm playing.

Devils-_-legacy
09-16-2018, 03:22 PM
If a stealth feat makes you forget who your enemies are id say that's your fault lol

DefiledDragon
09-16-2018, 03:27 PM
They seem to think that people won't be able to distinguish teams without the team colours. I've seen them say this in other threads about the issue. It's nonsense imo. The first thing I look at is the little icon above a players head, then the radar if I'm not sure due to low health. I never look at the colour of their armor.

Alustar.exe
09-16-2018, 03:42 PM
It's not about forgetting who they are, it's about keeping players more readily identifiable and not overly blending in to bank ground environments. Even with the colors and a stealth feat players will run right by me and not bother a lot of times. You can get so hyper focused on one thing you will lose sight of other things.
To help this, I used to run my ok with a minimal color scheme, only what default options it made me see, then I chose the most neutral colors for my attack/defender and I could pretty much run around largely unnoticed. So again, it's not keeping track of who's on who's team, it's about identifying heroes easier against the background.

CandleInTheDark
09-16-2018, 03:46 PM
They seem to think that people won't be able to distinguish teams without the team colours. I've seen them say this in other threads about the issue. It's nonsense imo. The first thing I look at is the little icon above a players head, then the radar if I'm not sure due to low health. I never look at the colour of their armor.

Ok so here is the thing, you have one person's anecdotal evidence, your own, they have experiments they ran with eye tracking software telling them where people were looking when people were saying that they were unable to distinguish who their allies were. Yes some people look at the icon, but if they've done the work behind it I trust that they have pulled the data they need to from it.

Ultimately, yeah, I look at everything available, icon, map, also whether they are wearing warm or cold colours, it's all part of a whole.

Yuoru
09-16-2018, 05:46 PM
Even if the colors for some people help a bit, the rest 90% of the communtiy still hates it which should be enough for them to change it. I was going to buy the fire demon thing mask but I realised how bad it will look when I'm defending, so they're also losing money.

Tyrjo
09-16-2018, 07:17 PM
I have been saying all along that team colors should be removed from the game. Let me customize the way I want. The UI handles the rest. Stealth feat buff, yeah, maybe by a tiny fraction. Can you lock on? OK, maybe it's an enemy.

Helnekromancer
09-16-2018, 08:01 PM
Finally got my Nobushi to Rep 60, why are reputation outfits colors aren't usable as Attacker or Defender?

Grinding to lvl 60 was not worth it for a bright *** effect and 10 more color palletes only for 1v1.

Devils-_-legacy
09-16-2018, 09:40 PM
Even with the colors and a stealth feat players will run right by me and not bother a lot of times. You can get so hyper focused on one thing you will lose sight of other things.
I've never done that that's more on you tho then them blending in to the background if you were paying attention you would of spotted them tho?
The majority of the colours could be separated for attack or defender quite easily

UbiInsulin
09-16-2018, 10:01 PM
I'll pass this thread on to the team! Thanks all.

SnizzyWizzy
09-16-2018, 11:23 PM
yea they look so dumb. its so easy to tell who's your friend. i never even look at the colors, plus u can't even target friends.. they look bad for sure. id rather have a flag over my head then were team colors.

DefiledDragon
09-16-2018, 11:35 PM
Ok so here is the thing, you have one person's anecdotal evidence, your own, they have experiments they ran with eye tracking software telling them where people were looking when people were saying that they were unable to distinguish who their allies were. Yes some people look at the icon, but if they've done the work behind it I trust that they have pulled the data they need to from it.

Ultimately, yeah, I look at everything available, icon, map, also whether they are wearing warm or cold colours, it's all part of a whole.

Yeah I recall them saying this too, but I wouldn't mind seeing how they break down the data. When are they tracking peoples eyes? If it's actually during a fight then yeah, you're going to be watching your opponent without a doubt, but during a fight you're not wondering which team they are on. I'll bet most people use the icon to establish team colours when they're not actively engaged in combat though and when you are actively engaged, it's not exactly difficult to tell who's trying to kill you.

SangLong524
09-17-2018, 01:12 AM
I have my concern about whether or not the wider color range will mess up our ability to identify our teammates before getting hit in the face while wondering.
Tbh, im just sick of fifty shades of blues and greens in the different places, in a different tones, each is uglier than the former.

Yuoru
09-17-2018, 07:01 AM
I have my concern about whether or not the wider color range will mess up our ability to identify our teammates before getting hit in the face while wondering.
Tbh, im just sick of fifty shades of blues and greens in the different places, in a different tones, each is uglier than the former.
I never look at the colors, If someone really checks who is an enemy and who is not by checking what colored pants he/she is wearing you could aswell just check the big bright red/blue colored shield near their name, or look at the radar.

Arekonator
09-17-2018, 08:48 AM
Easy solution is to have player-side switch to enforce team colors on their client and let others to customize all they want.

mrmistark
09-17-2018, 09:01 AM
Yeah I’ve been on board for a long time as well.

I actually think the color scheme HINDERS my identification of some of the enemy amongst enemy minions. Shinobi? Peacekeeper? Same dang size as the minions. Talk about trying to stand out, mofos blend right in. You HAVE to look for the icon in this situation anyways especially when they’re hidden from the map.

Soldier_of_Dawn
09-17-2018, 10:11 AM

Could we do a test server on this and then have an official vote afterward? I feel this one should be the community's decision.

Soldier_of_Dawn
09-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Team colors should be strictly reserved for competitive gaming. The rest of us want to enjoy the game more. As the others have said, we already have icons and the radar. That is enough.

Kryltic
09-17-2018, 11:44 AM
Team colours should definitely stay.

That said, why not let players choose what colour and shade they want to use for the 3 choices? That way the only restrictions needed would be:
Main colour has to be relevant to the attacking/defending team palette. Not including black/white/grey.
The secondary and tertiary options must be black/white/grey or the relevant attacking/defending palette.

That way you can come to a sort of middle ground.

Xil_h
09-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Team colors are almost not showing on the Chinese heroes.
And it wasn't a problem in the test.
That said I don't really care.

Yuoru
09-17-2018, 11:55 AM
Team colours should definitely stay.

That said, why not let players choose what colour and shade they want to use for the 3 choices? That way the only restrictions needed would be:
Main colour has to be relevant to the attacking/defending team palette. Not including black/white/grey.
The secondary and tertiary options must be black/white/grey or the relevant attacking/defending palette.

That way you can come to a sort of middle ground.
"Should definitely stay" Why do you think they should stay though? Most people hate it and it's not needed.

Kryltic
09-17-2018, 12:18 PM
I disagree, I think it is needed. I want to be able to instantly recognise someone in the distance as friend or foe even when focusing more on someone/thing else.

Also don't forget. Not everyone plays with the map/icons on. There is an option for all of that to be turned off and so either locking on or colours is pretty much all you have.

Yuoru
09-17-2018, 12:33 PM
I disagree, I think it is needed. I want to be able to instantly recognise someone in the distance as friend or foe even when focusing more on someone/thing else.

Also don't forget. Not everyone plays with the map/icons on. There is an option for all of that to be turned off and so either locking on or colours is pretty much all you have.
Most people recognise someone using the bright shield that is bigger than the hero itself. About turning icons off, why in the world would someone want such a disadvantage? It's like saying I play without the attack indicators.
Do you happen to have some color settings on or off? Everyone else seems to not even see the colors clearly.

Xx_Tormentor_xX
09-17-2018, 12:46 PM
Sign! Teamcolors destroy many characterlook optimizations. Players have other tool to see the enemy Players. Namely the nameplates, Radar etc...

Xil_h
09-17-2018, 01:41 PM
It could be just an option.
Toggle it on or off in options menus

Soldier_of_Dawn
09-17-2018, 04:40 PM
It could be just an option.
Toggle it on or off in options menus

That's probably the most sensible solution. Toggle team colours on or off.

Yuoru
09-17-2018, 05:26 PM
I really don't get why someone would want to keep team colors, if you like being ugly then you could just select the team colors while everyone else could make their heroes look good, no one would lose anything.

HazelrahFirefly
09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Easy solution to allow got freeing the colors is to add another indicator, that of a colored hp bar.

I also need to ask... it's a problem that the stealth feat will be useful for a change? Currently it's a completely useless feat in terms of combat, and I've never heard of anyone being tricked by it. At best it allows you to be off the radar so you can take a zone. This wont be affected by your color swathe.

#UnlockTheColors

EvoX.
09-17-2018, 09:57 PM

Yeah, this was already passed on to the team a few months ago, and then before that again. Amazing how people on this forum still think they can make a difference, especially about something minor.

HazelrahFirefly
09-18-2018, 01:53 AM
Yeah, this was already passed on to the team a few months ago, and then before that again. Amazing how people on this forum still think they can make a difference, especially about something minor.

Just like every issue has since the beginning. Instead of fixing anything they changed the voices like no one asked. Forum, mods, and devs are all a joke.

I used to have faith in, and respect for, the teams involved with FH, but this game gets worse with every update and nothing worthwhile ever gets tended to. If it does, we get the worse version, like the visual collection or xp bonus to spend salvage on.

By this point I expect Breach to suck, the new voices to make me vomit, and things costing even more steel.

DefiledDragon
09-18-2018, 02:35 AM
Just like every issue has since the beginning. Instead of fixing anything they changed the voices like no one asked. Forum, mods, and devs are all a joke.

I used to have faith in, and respect for, the teams involved with FH, but this game gets worse with every update and nothing worthwhile ever gets tended to. If it does, we get the worse version, like the visual collection or xp bonus to spend salvage on.

By this point I expect Breach to suck, the new voices to make me vomit, and things costing even more steel.

To be fair, the mods are great. They're even handed, good humoured and active. Their ability to change the game is zero, but I have no doubt they draw issues to the attention of whoever's attention needs drawing to them.

CandleInTheDark
09-18-2018, 02:57 AM
Yeah I recall them saying this too, but I wouldn't mind seeing how they break down the data. When are they tracking peoples eyes? If it's actually during a fight then yeah, you're going to be watching your opponent without a doubt, but during a fight you're not wondering which team they are on. I'll bet most people use the icon to establish team colours when they're not actively engaged in combat though and when you are actively engaged, it's not exactly difficult to tell who's trying to kill you.

Ok so bear in mind that I have nothing but what everyone else has been told, that in testing people were surprised by attacks from people they didn't know whose side they were on and that the eye tracking tests showed they were looking centre screen. This scenario comes to mind and happens now and again,especially in elimination.

I have one person I am fighting, as I dodge, I see in the corner of my screen a second guy, he has stealth so no map icon, my team also has this hero, for the sake of argument let's say they are wearing similar colours or that in the heat of the moment I am all hell what colour was my team's Peacekeeper. I am not about to see if I lock on to him, I have a guy in front of me trying to kill me, my eyes are locked centre screen for the attack indicators, so not going to see any icon, now I don't know if I need to guard against an external attack or keep an eye on crowd control. This gets even messier if there is a fourth person, who wants to kill me? Is there someone there to back me?

What I can see if I can't see anything else is they are wearing orange or blue.

I suspect that is a part of it, now I do think more neutral only patterns also fit attack or defence, I also think unlocking colours rather than patterns and making your own with the main colour being attacking or defending would be good, but I also believe they had good reason to run their tests and did the best they could with the results of it, I also don't believe those who say most people hate them have talked to half the player base let alone most of it so that reasoning falls flat also.

Yuoru
09-18-2018, 07:13 AM
Ok so bear in mind that I have nothing but what everyone else has been told, that in testing people were surprised by attacks from people they didn't know whose side they were on and that the eye tracking tests showed they were looking centre screen. This scenario comes to mind and happens now and again,especially in elimination.

I have one person I am fighting, as I dodge, I see in the corner of my screen a second guy, he has stealth so no map icon, my team also has this hero, for the sake of argument let's say they are wearing similar colours or that in the heat of the moment I am all hell what colour was my team's Peacekeeper. I am not about to see if I lock on to him, I have a guy in front of me trying to kill me, my eyes are locked centre screen for the attack indicators, so not going to see any icon, now I don't know if I need to guard against an external attack or keep an eye on crowd control. This gets even messier if there is a fourth person, who wants to kill me? Is there someone there to back me?

What I can see if I can't see anything else is they are wearing orange or blue.

I suspect that is a part of it, now I do think more neutral only patterns also fit attack or defence, I also think unlocking colours rather than patterns and making your own with the main colour being attacking or defending would be good, but I also believe they had good reason to run their tests and did the best they could with the results of it, I also don't believe those who say most people hate them have talked to half the player base let alone most of it so that reasoning falls flat also.
In that scenario you could like, turn your camera and see if the other player has locked onto you. You can always make a scenario out of something to make it look useful, most people still want it gone or changed so that alone should do it.

CandleInTheDark
09-18-2018, 09:15 AM
In that scenario you could like, turn your camera and see if the other player has locked onto you. You can always make a scenario out of something to make it look useful, most people still want it gone or changed so that alone should do it.

Apparently you missed the bit about me having someone actively trying to kill me and not wanting to unlock, which I would have to to turn my camera to look at someone who might or might not also want to kill me. Regardless of how accurate my scenario is and what you think of it though what we do know is the devs tested without colour locks and were told 'people I did not know were my enemy attacked me', they tested why that was and did what they felt best to do about it,

And here you go with 'most people' again :rolleyes: So outside of the fact that game development is not a democracy with elections and referendums and such, hate to break it to you but you and the twenty or so people who every now and again make and comment in threads like this don't constitute as most people. Now you can say there are no threads saying the situation is fine but people don't post about things they don't think need changing. So if you want to speak for 'most people', and given we don't live in an anime world so we can safely rule out worldwide telepathy, how many of the two million unique users the devs told us last time they gave numbers or even the ~147,000 people on the subreddit have you spoken to? Because if it is less than 73501 at the lowest estimate I have to call BS on your claims of knowing what 'most people' think about the game.

HazelrahFirefly
09-18-2018, 10:09 AM
To be fair, the mods are great. They're even handed, good humoured and active. Their ability to change the game is zero, but I have no doubt they draw issues to the attention of whoever's attention needs drawing to them.

Even-handed and good humored? Sure, fine.

I dont believe they "take anything to the team" however. That is rhetoric they repeat every time to appease the guillable. In other words, they are lying, and right to our digital faces.

Xx_Tormentor_xX
09-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Apparently you missed the bit about me having someone actively trying to kill me and not wanting to unlock, which I would have to to turn my camera to look at someone who might or might not also want to kill me. Regardless of how accurate my scenario is and what you think of it though what we do know is the devs tested without colour locks and were told 'people I did not know were my enemy attacked me', they tested why that was and did what they felt best to do about it,

And here you go with 'most people' again :rolleyes: So outside of the fact that game development is not a democracy with elections and referendums and such, hate to break it to you but you and the twenty or so people who every now and again make and comment in threads like this don't constitute as most people. Now you can say there are no threads saying the situation is fine but people don't post about things they don't think need changing. So if you want to speak for 'most people', and given we don't live in an anime world so we can safely rule out worldwide telepathy, how many of the two million unique users the devs told us last time they gave numbers or even the ~147,000 people on the subreddit have you spoken to? Because if it is less than 73501 at the lowest estimate I have to call BS on your claims of knowing what 'most people' think about the game.

Maybe you missed some points too. Make sign over heads baseline turned on. Orange for attackers, blue for defenders. If you fight somebody and another player pops up AND attacks you, you see in what direction you have to block. In addition to this, with attack/defend colors you would'nt see any better. And then again with perma icons, your problem would be solved again.

Gamedevelopment is no democracy, but I see Devs normally implement easy programmable solutions, especially if they can make all sides happy. So I suggest you to rethink your "special" case, about how much better you would be with teamcolours. You said yourself you dont turn the camera, so what do you expect... Teamcolors or no teamcolors make no difference there. Just make the damn Icon permanent. For me it is, if some enemy is in my near. I dont see your problem. If you dont want to unlock and someone is in your back, teamcolours also would not solve your super proof that teamcolors are needed lol...

Yuoru
09-18-2018, 11:13 AM
I like to use 'most people' since the poll shows the truth. But yea I get what you're saying, though if enough players want something changed it probably will be at some point.

DefiledDragon
09-18-2018, 01:18 PM
Even-handed and good humored? Sure, fine.

I dont believe they "take anything to the team" however. That is rhetoric they repeat every time to appease the guillable. In other words, they are lying, and right to our digital faces.

Well, you might be right and it would certainly be the corporate thing to do, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the "taking it to the team" front. I do agree that the forum communities concerns don't seem to be addressed in any meaningful way beyond the standard response of the mods.

CandleInTheDark
09-18-2018, 05:04 PM
Maybe you missed some points too. Make sign over heads baseline turned on. Orange for attackers, blue for defenders. If you fight somebody and another player pops up AND attacks you, you see in what direction you have to block. In addition to this, with attack/defend colors you would'nt see any better. And then again with perma icons, your problem would be solved again.

Gamedevelopment is no democracy, but I see Devs normally implement easy programmable solutions, especially if they can make all sides happy. So I suggest you to rethink your "special" case, about how much better you would be with teamcolours. You said yourself you dont turn the camera, so what do you expect... Teamcolors or no teamcolors make no difference there. Just make the damn Icon permanent. For me it is, if some enemy is in my near. I dont see your problem. If you dont want to unlock and someone is in your back, teamcolours also would not solve your super proof that teamcolors are needed lol...

Nice how you can just misrepresent my words :rolleyes: Next time you have an orochi flinging lights at you, a highlander in offensive stance, a kensei soft feinting, any number of other scenarios, you unlock and take your attention off them, see how that works out for you. People don't always lock onto you when they see you fighting someone else, I have seen as many people standing there spam emoting. But again none of this goes against the point that initial testing found a problem and this was the best answer they tested to fix it.

I like to use 'most people' since the poll shows the truth. But yea I get what you're saying, though if enough players want something changed it probably will be at some point.

Polls don't mean jack in far more serious circumstances than a videogame, you might want to look over the past three years or so to see what 'most people think' and what actually happens given the people behind those polls poll for a living.

HazelrahFirefly
09-18-2018, 06:47 PM

You believe that they ran eye-tracking experiments to determine color swatches when they can't even get ladders right after seven seasons?

Its bullsh+t man, they are completely fabricating that because a short answer is far cheaper than actually doing work.

Devils-_-legacy
09-18-2018, 06:51 PM
You believe that they ran eye-tracking experiments to determine color swatches when they can't even get ladders right after seven seasons?

Its bullsh+t man, they are completely fabricating that because a short answer is far cheaper than actually doing work.

+1

Soldier_of_Dawn
09-18-2018, 10:55 PM

With all due respect I would say that the claim that 'most people' want team colours removed is not completely unfounded. Below are many Reddit threads that would indicate the majority would like all of the neutral colours unlocked in all team modes. There are threads that indicate many respect why team colours are there but would like more options as the current implementation of team colours is poor. Many of those threads also lean towards the removal of team colours.

There are also threads that advocate for team colours but colour blindness appears to be a common issue with them. For that reason I would recommend the following:

1) Keep team colours in the system for the benefit of the colour blind.
2) Add a toggle option for team colours with multiple filters such as teammates, the player, the opposition, and minions.
3) Change the health bars to team colours
4) Consider other team indicator options such as team coloured blinking outlines when players enter the screen or ground circles.

While you may argue that there have been tests that prove team colours improve performance but that sort of thing is more relevant to competitive gaming rather than casual. Bear in mind many enjoyed the Test Your Metal where all players and AI where in neutral colours. The only challenge came from the better AI and their buffs not the lack of team colours or even the lack of team coloured icons.

The voting numbers of the following threads are as of 18th Sept. 2018.

REMOVE TEAM COLORS:

95% upvoted / 4.4k upvotes
The petition for freeing colors starts here!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9g1dj2/the_petition_for_freeing_colors_starts_here/

93% upvoted / 1.3k upvotes:
All in favor of Neutral Colors being used for attacking and defending, say AYE !
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/66qe98/all_in_favor_of_neutral_colors_being_used_for/

94% upvoted / 519 upvotes:
Free the Colours! No more Attacker/Defender Colours!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9fxka4/free_the_colours_no_more_attackerdefender_colours/

96% upvoted / 455 upvotes:
Please let us use neutral colors in all game modes
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9cwg93/please_let_us_use_neutral_colors_in_all_game_modes/

93% upvoted / 169 upvotes:
Why not just make all colors available, but then put a red/blue outline around players depending on team?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7n38fl/why_not_just_make_all_colors_available_but_then/

89% upvoted / 175 upvotes:
Remove team colors!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8klmnr/remove_team_colors/

94% upvoted / 103 upvotes:
Either remove team color palettes...
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8jtodc/either_remove_team_color_palettes/

91% upvoted / 103 upvotes:
Let us wear WHATEVER COLOR PALLET we want in ANY mode.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6vop95/let_us_wear_whatever_color_pallet_we_want_in_any/

96% upvoted / 345 upvotes:
So apparently Attackers get a team-neutral color swatch with the Brushed Stone mythic outfit. Can we just finally remove the team color restrictions already? Since whoever at the dev team makes outfits clearly doesn't care either
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7zgy26/so_apparently_attackers_get_a_teamneutral_color/

99% upvoted / 475 upvotes:
Knights can wear all black on all teams with "Prismatic Galaxy" paint patterns.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6unqb7/knights_can_wear_all_black_on_all_teams_with/

99% upvoted / 210 upvotes
Ubisoft: "We need team colors to make it easier to identify players. We can't have all black or white." Me:
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/96h3gg/ubisoft_we_need_team_colors_to_make_it_easier_to/

94% upvoted / 184 upvotes:
Team colors, blue vs red, supposedly the only way for identification, am I right?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8tyvqw/team_colors_blue_vs_red_supposedly_the_only_way/
Plus:
https://i.redd.it/fljw4kykhexz.png

98% upvoted / 242 upvotes
Team colors, amirite?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8joljv/team_colors_amirite/

93% upvoted / 73 upvotes:
All the reasons I know of that make having forced team colors pointless.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7of3rt/all_the_reasons_i_know_of_that_make_having_forced/

98% upvoted / 381 upvotes:
Just another reminder of how team colours are stupid.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7nze6l/just_another_reminder_of_how_team_colours_are/

99% upvoted / 56 upvotes:
Have been playing the new event gamemode for a couple hours now and I'm not missing the team colors whatsoever
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7xvd76/have_been_playing_the_new_event_gamemode_for_a/

92% upvoted / 135 upvotes:
Could we please get rid of forced team colors?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/79fl71/could_we_please_get_rid_of_forced_team_colors/

88% upvoted / 52 upvotes:
Are there plans to unlock colors for both sides? Team colors are so lame.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7p3jig/are_there_plans_to_unlock_colors_for_both_sides/

100% upvoted / 38 upvotes:
One of the mythic outfits contradicts the dev's philosophy of team-related/locked colors
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6u27d9/one_of_the_mythic_outfits_contradicts_the_devs/

88% upvoted / 29 upvotes:
Let us have whatever color we want to wear in any mode and have this as compromise.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7i1iyw/let_us_have_whatever_color_we_want_to_wear_in_any/

96% upvoted / 313 upvotes:
Pope! If you end up reading this (Colors)
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9fxjsr/pope_if_you_end_up_reading_this_colors/

98% upvoted / 536 upvotes:
A visual guide/justification why, IMO, we should have access to Neutral colors in team modes
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7cajx0/a_visual_guidejustification_why_imo_we_should/

98% upvoted / 530 upvotes
Defender and Attacker color are important
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9b2w3q/defender_and_attacker_color_are_important/

90% upvoted / 101 upvotes:
Why limit us?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7sf9pr/why_limit_us/

97% upvoted / 166 upvotes:
I keep getting confused and attacking teammates in Test Your Metal because my team isn't wearing the Defender colors.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/802dp5/i_keep_getting_confused_and_attacking_teammates/

89% upvoted / 58 upvotes:
Stealth colors. Just don't lock on to me...
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9ckxu2/stealth_colors_just_dont_lock_on_to_me/

97% upvoted / 70 upvotes:
What about a PTS to test the "neutral colors in all modes" thing
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7xc0v5/what_about_a_pts_to_test_the_neutral_colors_in/

98% upvoted / 203 upvotes:
In brawl we should be able to wear our neutral colors.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8s3tnt/in_brawl_we_should_be_able_to_wear_our_neutral/

92% upvoted / 300 upvotes:
Have the devs said anything about these ****ty defender/attacker colors?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8i5f7r/have_the_devs_said_anything_about_these_****ty/

92% upvoted / 410 upvotes:
Can the team colour system just be removed already
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7x171f/can_the_team_colour_system_just_be_removed_already/

97% upvoted / 310 upvotes:
Open post to Ubi regarding Attacker/Defender colors.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7xygfp/open_post_to_ubi_regarding_attackerdefender_colors/

96% upvoted / 358 upvoted:
Seriously Ubisoft just get rid of color barriers already
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7yccsr/seriously_ubisoft_just_get_rid_of_color_barriers/

96% upvoted / 307 upvotes:
Can we stop restricting color pallets!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7xzpgi/can_we_stop_restricting_color_pallets/

94% upvoted / 451 upvotes:
Just wanted to remind everyone that no one likes the attacker/defender color palate system
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7kvz8c/just_wanted_to_remind_everyone_that_no_one_likes/

96% upvoted / 162 upvotes:
Anyone else hate that we're restricted to colors?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7hyk55/anyone_else_hate_that_were_restricted_to_colors/

94% upvoted / 243 upvotes:
Ok, enough is enough...let me use what ever colors I want.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/79tq64/ok_enough_is_enoughlet_me_use_what_ever_colors_i/

95% upvoted / 275 upvotes:
Just get rid of "Defending" and "Attacking" color sets
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/70p7vt/just_get_rid_of_defending_and_attacking_color_sets/

91% upvoted / 138 upvotes:
You can't have everything your way Ubisoft. The fans want neutral colors!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/765o5l/you_cant_have_everything_your_way_ubisoft_the/

98% upvoted / 30 upvotes:
Please unlock (or at least expand the attacking and defending colors)
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7y0z4c/please_unlock_or_at_least_expand_the_attacking/

97% upvoted / 58 upvotes:
Just a little poll on outfit colors in For Honor.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/72bjum/just_a_little_poll_on_outfit_colors_in_for_honor/
YES: 77.51 % (827 votes) / NO: 22.49 % (240 votes)No
1067 total votes.
https://strawpoll.com/scpr6744

95% upvoted / 127 upvotes:
Can we just combine the paint colors already so all of them are available regardless if you're attacking or defending?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6qknjg/can_we_just_combine_the_paint_colors_already_so/

96% upvoted / 200 upvotes:
The color schemes should be opened up for all modes. We're already highlighted blue or orange dammit
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6clbl9/the_color_schemes_should_be_opened_up_for_all/

97% upvoted / 461 upvotes:
Can we please use neutral colors in brawl at least?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/68uy2w/can_we_please_use_neutral_colors_in_brawl_at_least/

91% upvoted / 278 upvotes:
Can we get rid of team colours?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5zy7yt/can_we_get_rid_of_team_colours/

96% upvoted / 199 upvotes:
Duel Colors in Brawl please Ubisoft
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6gjf8v/duel_colors_in_brawl_please_ubisoft/

90% upvoted / 156 upvotes:
Remove attacking/defending/neutral colors
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6a2dfj/remove_attackingdefendingneutral_colors/

100% upvoted / 47 upvotes:
Neutral colours for Brawl
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/63t6vm/neutral_colours_for_brawl/

96% upvoted / 452 upvotes:
Petition To Let us use neutral colors on brawls
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/820bkw/petition_to_let_us_use_neutral_colors_on_brawls/

98% upvoted / 66 upvotes:
Neutral Colors for Brawl
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6s7577/neutral_colors_for_brawl/

MORE CHOICE WITH TEAM COLORS:

98% upvoted / 532 upvotes:
Infographic of every colour available in For Honor, and how team swatches could be adapted to allow additional customisation.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/90qte4/infographic_of_every_colour_available_in_for/z

97% upvoted / 434 upvotes:
An example of how stupidly close neutral colors look compared to team colors yet they aren't available.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/690jy2/an_example_of_how_stupidly_close_neutral_colors/

98% upvoted / 45 upvotes:
Team Color Restrictions and the Quest for More Player Choice
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7nvnry/team_color_restrictions_and_the_quest_for_more/

97% upvoted / 417 upvotes:
This ******** with the neutral and team colors ******** needs to be fixed
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9fw8k6/this_********_with_the_neutral_and_team_colors/

97% upvoted / 151 upvotes:
Anyone else hate the defending team colors?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8mgmeu/anyone_else_hate_the_defending_team_colors/

98% upvoted / 213 upvotes:
Listen, Ubisoft doesn't want to get rid of team colors, and I get that.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7nut3m/listen_ubisoft_doesnt_want_to_get_rid_of_team/

98% upvoted / 214 upvotes:
Most of the armor colors are neutral only, yet most gametypes are team
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5xxlf4/most_of_the_armor_colors_are_neutral_only_yet/

98% upvoted / 126 upvotes:
Ubi if you don't wanna let us use all colors not depending on the team then move all netural colors that look like defenders/attackers colors to defenders/attackers tabs
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9g23yq/ubi_if_you_dont_wanna_let_us_use_all_colors_not/

96% upvoted / 65 upvotes:
We gotta have a serious talk to ubisoft about adding to the defender/attacker color options from the neutral swatches.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/98zqvy/we_gotta_have_a_serious_talk_to_ubisoft_about/

96% upvoted / 117 upvotes:
Could ubisoft put the iron legion color in the defensive team and the blackstone legion in the attacking team?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7zw1av/could_ubisoft_put_the_iron_legion_color_in_the/

97% upvoted / 25 upvotes:
Another reminder that the "Full Pass" on neutral colors is bugged and has been for a very long time.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7gr817/another_reminder_that_the_full_pass_on_neutral/

99% upvoted / 452 upvotes:
Iron Legion Squadron - Hoping to one day use these colors on defense
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8l6xav/iron_legion_squadron_hoping_to_one_day_use_these/

96% upvoted / 80 upvotes:
Neutral colors that could be on the defenders and attackers side color palletes. (Please add them to the team sides.)
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/606k60/neutral_colors_that_could_be_on_the_defenders_and/

99% upvoted / 308 upvotes:
Can we have the black outfit color (Bleeding) for attackers and the white one (Winterwoods) for defenders?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7dt4si/can_we_have_the_black_outfit_color_bleeding_for/

98% upvoted / 154 upvotes:
The dedication to only giving us cool neutral colors.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7xt512/the_dedication_to_only_giving_us_cool_neutral/

99% upvoted / 44 upvotes:
Why is this color pallet only for neutral?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7nqbb3/why_is_this_color_pallet_only_for_neutral/

87% upvoted / 866 upvotes:
[PETITION] Please REMOVE Attacker/Defender colors...
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/630re3/petition_please_remove_attackerdefender_colors/

95% upvoted / 944 upvotes:
This needs to be addressed
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/68fpyv/this_needs_to_be_addressed/

98% upvoted / 185 upvotes:
If only we could customise color swatches so that my cross would be black..
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8ryh6x/if_only_we_could_customise_color_swatches_so_that/

95% upvoted / 60 upvotes:
This used to be an attacker color, makes sense why it got removed but could it be added to defenders?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8vqf0z/this_used_to_be_an_attacker_color_makes_sense_why/

94% upvoted / 30 upvotes:
Hey Devs, can we choose our own colors?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8cd0ls/hey_devs_can_we_choose_our_own_colors/

99% upvoted / 202 upvotes:
Just a quick little reminder that there are still doezens of neutral colors that need to also be for attacks/ defenders
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7wjuik/just_a_quick_little_reminder_that_there_are_still/

98% upvoted / 167 upvotes:
Let us create 1 color pallete of our own?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5v98a9/let_us_create_1_color_pallete_of_our_own/

94% upvoted / 49 upvotes:
Am I the only one that thinks all the defender colors are ugly?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9a2ugo/am_i_the_only_one_that_thinks_all_the_defender/

PRO TEAM COLORS:

96% upvoted / 3.5k upvotes:
Want to have fun with everyone else, but I am colorblind.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5tcn1r/want_to_have_fun_with_everyone_else_but_i_am/

95% upvoted / 71 upvotes:
As a colorblind person, I want to give a huge thanks to the devs for making the official team colors Blue and Orange!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5qi0sj/as_a_colorblind_person_i_want_to_give_a_huge/

96% upvoted / 684 upvotes:
Small request for different effects for different teams
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/98esfl/small_request_for_different_effects_for_different/

71% upvoted / 23 upvotes:
Unpopular Opinion: Having team based colours makes me feel like im on a team. Neutral colours make me feel like its every man for themself.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9g7emz/unpopular_opinion_having_team_based_colours_makes/

94% upvoted / 70 upvotes:
When people are asking for color blind options and I'm sitting here forgetting if I'm team blue or orange.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5th7so/when_people_are_asking_for_color_blind_options/

AzureSky.
09-18-2018, 11:47 PM
i think there's a misconception about colors being the problem of not being able to separate enemy from friend, It's not, the problem is the awful camera that doesn't zoom out or in based on how many people you are fighting or if someone with a ranged attack is targeting you (ehem, shinobi grab from your blind spot anyone) don't even start with the problems of a locked enemy dashing to a side and making your camera turn around when a opponent is doing a attack before the dodge, but cause the enemy you are locked on dodged the attack that is going to hit from one side suddenly teleports to other side at the last second (with the dodge) so yeah that also needs to be fixed.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-19-2018, 02:01 AM
It's hard for me to distinguish between purple and blue sometimes so I get that but when you play dominion long enough you use your toggle lock more and have already memorized which characters are on your team. I think everyone has walked past a shinobi or Pk hiding in the minions but for the most part the game could be black and white and mute and I'd still be able to do good. If ubi made higher tier games with no team colors I don't think it would be an issue.

CandleInTheDark
09-19-2018, 03:50 AM
With all due respect I would say that the claim that 'most people' want team colours removed is not completely unfounded. Below are many Reddit threads that would indicate the majority would like all of the neutral colours unlocked in all team modes. There are threads that indicate many respect why team colours are there but would like more options as the current implementation of team colours is poor. Many of those threads also lean towards the removal of team colours.

There are also threads that advocate for team colours but colour blindness appears to be a common issue with them. For that reason I would recommend the following:

1) Keep team colours in the system for the benefit of the colour blind.
2) Add a toggle option for team colours with multiple filters such as teammates, the player, the opposition, and minions.
3) Change the health bars to team colours
4) Consider other team indicator options such as team coloured blinking outlines when players enter the screen or ground circles.

While you may argue that there have been tests that prove team colours improve performance but that sort of thing is more relevant to competitive gaming rather than casual. Bear in mind many enjoyed the Test Your Metal where all players and AI where in neutral colours. The only challenge came from the better AI and their buffs not the lack of team colours or even the lack of team coloured icons.

The voting numbers of the following threads are as of 18th Sept. 2018.

REMOVE TEAM COLORS:

95% upvoted / 4.4k upvotes
The petition for freeing colors starts here!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9g1dj2/the_petition_for_freeing_colors_starts_here/

93% upvoted / 1.3k upvotes:
All in favor of Neutral Colors being used for attacking and defending, say AYE !
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/66qe98/all_in_favor_of_neutral_colors_being_used_for/

94% upvoted / 519 upvotes:
Free the Colours! No more Attacker/Defender Colours!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9fxka4/free_the_colours_no_more_attackerdefender_colours/

96% upvoted / 455 upvotes:
Please let us use neutral colors in all game modes
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9cwg93/please_let_us_use_neutral_colors_in_all_game_modes/

93% upvoted / 169 upvotes:
Why not just make all colors available, but then put a red/blue outline around players depending on team?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7n38fl/why_not_just_make_all_colors_available_but_then/

89% upvoted / 175 upvotes:
Remove team colors!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8klmnr/remove_team_colors/

94% upvoted / 103 upvotes:
Either remove team color palettes...
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8jtodc/either_remove_team_color_palettes/

91% upvoted / 103 upvotes:
Let us wear WHATEVER COLOR PALLET we want in ANY mode.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6vop95/let_us_wear_whatever_color_pallet_we_want_in_any/

96% upvoted / 345 upvotes:
So apparently Attackers get a team-neutral color swatch with the Brushed Stone mythic outfit. Can we just finally remove the team color restrictions already? Since whoever at the dev team makes outfits clearly doesn't care either
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7zgy26/so_apparently_attackers_get_a_teamneutral_color/

99% upvoted / 475 upvotes:
Knights can wear all black on all teams with "Prismatic Galaxy" paint patterns.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6unqb7/knights_can_wear_all_black_on_all_teams_with/

99% upvoted / 210 upvotes
Ubisoft: "We need team colors to make it easier to identify players. We can't have all black or white." Me:
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/96h3gg/ubisoft_we_need_team_colors_to_make_it_easier_to/

94% upvoted / 184 upvotes:
Team colors, blue vs red, supposedly the only way for identification, am I right?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8tyvqw/team_colors_blue_vs_red_supposedly_the_only_way/
Plus:
https://i.redd.it/fljw4kykhexz.png

98% upvoted / 242 upvotes
Team colors, amirite?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8joljv/team_colors_amirite/

93% upvoted / 73 upvotes:
All the reasons I know of that make having forced team colors pointless.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7of3rt/all_the_reasons_i_know_of_that_make_having_forced/

98% upvoted / 381 upvotes:
Just another reminder of how team colours are stupid.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7nze6l/just_another_reminder_of_how_team_colours_are/

99% upvoted / 56 upvotes:
Have been playing the new event gamemode for a couple hours now and I'm not missing the team colors whatsoever
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7xvd76/have_been_playing_the_new_event_gamemode_for_a/

92% upvoted / 135 upvotes:
Could we please get rid of forced team colors?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/79fl71/could_we_please_get_rid_of_forced_team_colors/

88% upvoted / 52 upvotes:
Are there plans to unlock colors for both sides? Team colors are so lame.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7p3jig/are_there_plans_to_unlock_colors_for_both_sides/

100% upvoted / 38 upvotes:
One of the mythic outfits contradicts the dev's philosophy of team-related/locked colors
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6u27d9/one_of_the_mythic_outfits_contradicts_the_devs/

88% upvoted / 29 upvotes:
Let us have whatever color we want to wear in any mode and have this as compromise.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7i1iyw/let_us_have_whatever_color_we_want_to_wear_in_any/

96% upvoted / 313 upvotes:
Pope! If you end up reading this (Colors)
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9fxjsr/pope_if_you_end_up_reading_this_colors/

98% upvoted / 536 upvotes:
A visual guide/justification why, IMO, we should have access to Neutral colors in team modes
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7cajx0/a_visual_guidejustification_why_imo_we_should/

98% upvoted / 530 upvotes
Defender and Attacker color are important
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9b2w3q/defender_and_attacker_color_are_important/

90% upvoted / 101 upvotes:
Why limit us?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7sf9pr/why_limit_us/

97% upvoted / 166 upvotes:
I keep getting confused and attacking teammates in Test Your Metal because my team isn't wearing the Defender colors.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/802dp5/i_keep_getting_confused_and_attacking_teammates/

89% upvoted / 58 upvotes:
Stealth colors. Just don't lock on to me...
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9ckxu2/stealth_colors_just_dont_lock_on_to_me/

97% upvoted / 70 upvotes:
What about a PTS to test the "neutral colors in all modes" thing
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7xc0v5/what_about_a_pts_to_test_the_neutral_colors_in/

98% upvoted / 203 upvotes:
In brawl we should be able to wear our neutral colors.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8s3tnt/in_brawl_we_should_be_able_to_wear_our_neutral/

92% upvoted / 300 upvotes:
Have the devs said anything about these ****ty defender/attacker colors?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8i5f7r/have_the_devs_said_anything_about_these_****ty/

92% upvoted / 410 upvotes:
Can the team colour system just be removed already
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7x171f/can_the_team_colour_system_just_be_removed_already/

97% upvoted / 310 upvotes:
Open post to Ubi regarding Attacker/Defender colors.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7xygfp/open_post_to_ubi_regarding_attackerdefender_colors/

96% upvoted / 358 upvoted:
Seriously Ubisoft just get rid of color barriers already
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7yccsr/seriously_ubisoft_just_get_rid_of_color_barriers/

96% upvoted / 307 upvotes:
Can we stop restricting color pallets!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7xzpgi/can_we_stop_restricting_color_pallets/

94% upvoted / 451 upvotes:
Just wanted to remind everyone that no one likes the attacker/defender color palate system
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7kvz8c/just_wanted_to_remind_everyone_that_no_one_likes/

96% upvoted / 162 upvotes:
Anyone else hate that we're restricted to colors?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7hyk55/anyone_else_hate_that_were_restricted_to_colors/

94% upvoted / 243 upvotes:
Ok, enough is enough...let me use what ever colors I want.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/79tq64/ok_enough_is_enoughlet_me_use_what_ever_colors_i/

95% upvoted / 275 upvotes:
Just get rid of "Defending" and "Attacking" color sets
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/70p7vt/just_get_rid_of_defending_and_attacking_color_sets/

91% upvoted / 138 upvotes:
You can't have everything your way Ubisoft. The fans want neutral colors!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/765o5l/you_cant_have_everything_your_way_ubisoft_the/

98% upvoted / 30 upvotes:
Please unlock (or at least expand the attacking and defending colors)
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7y0z4c/please_unlock_or_at_least_expand_the_attacking/

97% upvoted / 58 upvotes:
Just a little poll on outfit colors in For Honor.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/72bjum/just_a_little_poll_on_outfit_colors_in_for_honor/
YES: 77.51 % (827 votes) / NO: 22.49 % (240 votes)No
1067 total votes.
https://strawpoll.com/scpr6744

95% upvoted / 127 upvotes:
Can we just combine the paint colors already so all of them are available regardless if you're attacking or defending?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6qknjg/can_we_just_combine_the_paint_colors_already_so/

96% upvoted / 200 upvotes:
The color schemes should be opened up for all modes. We're already highlighted blue or orange dammit
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6clbl9/the_color_schemes_should_be_opened_up_for_all/

97% upvoted / 461 upvotes:
Can we please use neutral colors in brawl at least?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/68uy2w/can_we_please_use_neutral_colors_in_brawl_at_least/

91% upvoted / 278 upvotes:
Can we get rid of team colours?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5zy7yt/can_we_get_rid_of_team_colours/

96% upvoted / 199 upvotes:
Duel Colors in Brawl please Ubisoft
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6gjf8v/duel_colors_in_brawl_please_ubisoft/

90% upvoted / 156 upvotes:
Remove attacking/defending/neutral colors
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6a2dfj/remove_attackingdefendingneutral_colors/

100% upvoted / 47 upvotes:
Neutral colours for Brawl
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/63t6vm/neutral_colours_for_brawl/

96% upvoted / 452 upvotes:
Petition To Let us use neutral colors on brawls
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/820bkw/petition_to_let_us_use_neutral_colors_on_brawls/

98% upvoted / 66 upvotes:
Neutral Colors for Brawl
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6s7577/neutral_colors_for_brawl/

MORE CHOICE WITH TEAM COLORS:

98% upvoted / 532 upvotes:
Infographic of every colour available in For Honor, and how team swatches could be adapted to allow additional customisation.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/90qte4/infographic_of_every_colour_available_in_for/z

97% upvoted / 434 upvotes:
An example of how stupidly close neutral colors look compared to team colors yet they aren't available.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/690jy2/an_example_of_how_stupidly_close_neutral_colors/

98% upvoted / 45 upvotes:
Team Color Restrictions and the Quest for More Player Choice
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7nvnry/team_color_restrictions_and_the_quest_for_more/

97% upvoted / 417 upvotes:
This ******** with the neutral and team colors ******** needs to be fixed
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9fw8k6/this_********_with_the_neutral_and_team_colors/

97% upvoted / 151 upvotes:
Anyone else hate the defending team colors?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8mgmeu/anyone_else_hate_the_defending_team_colors/

98% upvoted / 213 upvotes:
Listen, Ubisoft doesn't want to get rid of team colors, and I get that.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7nut3m/listen_ubisoft_doesnt_want_to_get_rid_of_team/

98% upvoted / 214 upvotes:
Most of the armor colors are neutral only, yet most gametypes are team
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5xxlf4/most_of_the_armor_colors_are_neutral_only_yet/

98% upvoted / 126 upvotes:
Ubi if you don't wanna let us use all colors not depending on the team then move all netural colors that look like defenders/attackers colors to defenders/attackers tabs
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9g23yq/ubi_if_you_dont_wanna_let_us_use_all_colors_not/

96% upvoted / 65 upvotes:
We gotta have a serious talk to ubisoft about adding to the defender/attacker color options from the neutral swatches.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/98zqvy/we_gotta_have_a_serious_talk_to_ubisoft_about/

96% upvoted / 117 upvotes:
Could ubisoft put the iron legion color in the defensive team and the blackstone legion in the attacking team?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7zw1av/could_ubisoft_put_the_iron_legion_color_in_the/

97% upvoted / 25 upvotes:
Another reminder that the "Full Pass" on neutral colors is bugged and has been for a very long time.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7gr817/another_reminder_that_the_full_pass_on_neutral/

99% upvoted / 452 upvotes:
Iron Legion Squadron - Hoping to one day use these colors on defense
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8l6xav/iron_legion_squadron_hoping_to_one_day_use_these/

96% upvoted / 80 upvotes:
Neutral colors that could be on the defenders and attackers side color palletes. (Please add them to the team sides.)
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/606k60/neutral_colors_that_could_be_on_the_defenders_and/

99% upvoted / 308 upvotes:
Can we have the black outfit color (Bleeding) for attackers and the white one (Winterwoods) for defenders?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7dt4si/can_we_have_the_black_outfit_color_bleeding_for/

98% upvoted / 154 upvotes:
The dedication to only giving us cool neutral colors.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7xt512/the_dedication_to_only_giving_us_cool_neutral/

99% upvoted / 44 upvotes:
Why is this color pallet only for neutral?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7nqbb3/why_is_this_color_pallet_only_for_neutral/

87% upvoted / 866 upvotes:
[PETITION] Please REMOVE Attacker/Defender colors...
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/630re3/petition_please_remove_attackerdefender_colors/

95% upvoted / 944 upvotes:
This needs to be addressed
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/68fpyv/this_needs_to_be_addressed/

98% upvoted / 185 upvotes:
If only we could customise color swatches so that my cross would be black..
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8ryh6x/if_only_we_could_customise_color_swatches_so_that/

95% upvoted / 60 upvotes:
This used to be an attacker color, makes sense why it got removed but could it be added to defenders?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8vqf0z/this_used_to_be_an_attacker_color_makes_sense_why/

94% upvoted / 30 upvotes:
Hey Devs, can we choose our own colors?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8cd0ls/hey_devs_can_we_choose_our_own_colors/

99% upvoted / 202 upvotes:
Just a quick little reminder that there are still doezens of neutral colors that need to also be for attacks/ defenders
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7wjuik/just_a_quick_little_reminder_that_there_are_still/

98% upvoted / 167 upvotes:
Let us create 1 color pallete of our own?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5v98a9/let_us_create_1_color_pallete_of_our_own/

94% upvoted / 49 upvotes:
Am I the only one that thinks all the defender colors are ugly?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9a2ugo/am_i_the_only_one_that_thinks_all_the_defender/

PRO TEAM COLORS:

96% upvoted / 3.5k upvotes:
Want to have fun with everyone else, but I am colorblind.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5tcn1r/want_to_have_fun_with_everyone_else_but_i_am/

95% upvoted / 71 upvotes:
As a colorblind person, I want to give a huge thanks to the devs for making the official team colors Blue and Orange!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5qi0sj/as_a_colorblind_person_i_want_to_give_a_huge/

96% upvoted / 684 upvotes:
Small request for different effects for different teams
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/98esfl/small_request_for_different_effects_for_different/

71% upvoted / 23 upvotes:
Unpopular Opinion: Having team based colours makes me feel like im on a team. Neutral colours make me feel like its every man for themself.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9g7emz/unpopular_opinion_having_team_based_colours_makes/

94% upvoted / 70 upvotes:
When people are asking for color blind options and I'm sitting here forgetting if I'm team blue or orange.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5th7so/when_people_are_asking_for_color_blind_options/

Ok so yeah I definitely respect that more than just a blanket 'most people think the way I do'. If I wanted to be awkward I would say that still isn't half of the reddit population and I would bet there are duplicate upvotes from some people in multiple threads but honestly, I don't tend to give my own view rather than put across what the devs said because I tend to know it or have a good idea where to find it. By the by I do believe what they said was feedback given and something they had to do something about because yes people do tend to be very focused on the centre of the screen (if there were no indicators and people weren't locked on where those show it might be different) and people do stand off in games like elimination without locking on and saying 'but people who do rely on colours, which are larger than the other things, could just do this instead' doesn't add anything productive to the conversation.

Personally I don't feel choice is a bad thing, would I mind having the option to only see neutral colours? Not at all, might even select that option, but I don't think it should be taken away from people who primarily use the colours, and it's dangerous to assume the more vocal people make the majority, I would bet that if the devs could ask every player it would be closer than some people tend to think and not just on the competitive scene, whether because they like feeling as part of one whole as the faction lock people argue or because it genuinely does help them. People also don't tend to make threads on how good they find the status quo (because why do they need to?) and might not go into threads the more vocal crowd start that they disagree on because on reddit that can get you dogpiled on.

I would like to see an option to see only neutral and using that I would like the attacker and defender sets to be probably more restrictive to help those who select to only see that once the option is there for others to only see neutral. However what I don't know is how much work that would take and personally it isn't something I would want to see over balancing, getting voip working in pug teams in dedicated servers, getting team shuffle to work with add players in end flow, network stability, getting breach to drop and stay right, further new characters/factions and getting faction war working better the moment it takes away from any of those. Which again is why I don't always offer more than 'this is what the devs say', it's frankly not in my top five on what would make the game better.

Soldier_of_Dawn
09-19-2018, 06:57 AM
Ok so yeah I definitely respect that more than just a blanket 'most people think the way I do'. If I wanted to be awkward I would say that still isn't half of the reddit population and I would bet there are duplicate upvotes from some people in multiple threads but honestly, I don't tend to give my own view rather than put across what the devs said because I tend to know it or have a good idea where to find it.

it's dangerous to assume the more vocal people make the majority, I would bet that if the devs could ask every player it would be closer than some people tend to think and not just on the competitive scene, whether because they like feeling as part of one whole as the faction lock people argue or because it genuinely does help them.

Here's the thing, team colours has been an issue for the past year so members of the community that would disagree with its removal would have downvoted some of the threads I've shown. If something is a bad idea or has a significant oversight then surely there would be voices of disapproval too. Take the former content removal issue for example:

27% upvoted / 0 upvotes:
Summer Sale Info!
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8wb48w/summer_sale_info/

95% upvoted / 3.6k upvotes
Content Removal Update
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8wl7ir/content_removal_update/

98% upvoted / 1.9k upvotes
A simple solution to old items cluttering the menu that does not involve the removal of content.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8wcpqh/a_simple_solution_to_old_items_cluttering_the/

94% upvoted / 1.5k upvotes
I feel like we should do something about the content removal thing. A boycott or a buttload of outrage posts or something. This is just unacceptable. We can't let them gut their own ****ing game and work for a few extra bucks.
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8wbg3p/i_feel_like_we_should_do_something_about_the/

97% upvoted / 1.4k upvotes
You know what the worst part about this content removal nonsense is?
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8wiwvu/you_know_what_the_worst_part_about_this_content/

You could make the following argument:

I would bet there are duplicate upvotes from some people in multiple threads

However, the same thing could be said for all topics that have multiple threads. The question is where are all of the disapprovals and downvotes? The answer is they are there but they are in the minority, so what does that tell you? Notice that the high numbers here are similar to the high numbers of the team colour removal threads? As for the content removal issue, we all know the end result of that despite the claims that their original decision was based on the feedback of the new players.

Personally I don't feel choice is a bad thing, would I mind having the option to only see neutral colours? Not at all, might even select that option, but I don't think it should be taken away from people who primarily use the colours,

At least we can agree on the toggle option for team colours that was suggested. Yes, it would be wrong to remove team colours altogether as it would affect the colour blind and those that prefer team colours. We don't want to swap one problem for another.

I would like to see an option and using that I would like the attacker and defender to be probably more restrictive to help those who select to only see that once the option is there for others to only see neutral. However what I don't know is how much work that would take and personally it isn't something I would want to see over balancing, getting voip working in pug teams in dedicated servers, getting team shuffle to work with add players in end flow, network stability, getting breach to drop and stay right, further new characters/factions and getting faction war working better the moment it takes away from any of those.

We know what the developers do is very hard work. We can't take anything away from that. However, you need to remember they make it a priority to listen our feedback and act on it where possible, or at least they have claimed to and proven for the most part. Take Breach for example. That was based on player feedback and they made it a reality. Same with the dedicated servers, and DLC characters like the Centurion and the Shinobi. A lot of character balancing is based on feedback as well. They even tested my idea for equiping multiple effects in the same slot before saying it wasn't technically possible due to performance reasons, even though my suggestion wasn't in the greatest demand or even close to being significant. Yes, I highly doubt the developers would let any form of feedback get in the way of what is necessary as far as overall functionality and stability is concerned; that goes without saying. However, acting on feedback regularly is a part of the job and, yes, it has and always will take a lot of effort but that's what made For Honor what it is today hence the saying, "You are For Honor."

Another thing to consider is that if the toggle option with filters for team colours was implemented it would reduce future effort regarding related bugs, colour swatch passes, addressing complaints, and allocating swatches to team colours in general.

I would say a test server on this issue with the toggle filters at some point in the future is the best option. You could also refer to the feedback from Test You Metal and see if there was an issue with the lack of team colours. That way you would have a more accurate cencus of what the community thinks.

CandleInTheDark
09-19-2018, 11:07 PM
@Soldier_of_Dawn

Ok so yeah my problem has never been with the idea of having an option or, if that isn't possible, increasing the options with those that make sense but aren't currently in there, and sure if they can find a quick way to try it that is also a good thing to test out whether in a test server or, more realistically if they don't have anything else big to test, in an event playlist, my argument is and has always been with those who want it turned off all together for quite a few reasons.

Firstly because yes it is the biggest splash of colour, the biggest indicator as to which team someone is on, when in the thick of combat with someone in your face and the indicators in one small area at the centre of the screen, that is more likely to catch your attention than some small icon in the corner of where you are focussing.

Secondly because the alternatives these people give work great in shooters when everyone is ten to twenty feet away from you, in fact if there is a great distance in those that have snipers they are better tools than colour but again they don't work great in that face to face scenario.

Thirdly because the way people argue, and I don't mean you, you have very reasonable points which I agree with a lot of, tends to be the people who use that splash of colour are doing it wrong and they should just get with it so that 'most people'* can have what they want. That, for all that they are basically talking down to anyone who dare argue against what they want, is the better set of them, others outright twist posts as happened to me here when someone told me I 'already said I don't turn the camera' when in fact what I said was if there is someone throwing attacks at me I am not going to unlock and let them have free rein to do as they will while they melt my lifebar. Arguing that the devs should take away what some people use and trying to make those players feel like they are playing wrong or try to discredit what they say with putting their posts in a bad light adds nothing productive to the debate.

I would probably at least try out an option if I had it, and as you rightly said it needs to be an option because otherwise we'd have the opposite problem. As to them trying things out, yes, it is a very good thing that they take to suggestions like that and I wouldn't say they should stop doing that, I was just making the point that cosmetics aren't the be all and end all for everyone, in my own case I could play the game if there were no options at all for attackers and defenders, my wishlist would go more to core game playability, which isn't to say that more options are a bad thing, just not the most important thing to me.

*Which again, even going by the reddit argument, that is a small percentage of active players that is even smaller when we consider not everyone upvotes or downvotes everything though I accept it is a good portion of those who post and bother to upvote and downvote topics.

Soldier_of_Dawn
09-21-2018, 02:14 PM
I've created a separate thread on this issue that recommends the toggle option. It also has a voting poll. Tell me what you think.

Team Color Toggle Option:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1934482-Team-Color-Toggle-Option

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-21-2018, 04:08 PM
Yes please do this. Been saying this foooooreeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeer