PDA

View Full Version : Banned after a year of not playing? What gives?

ItzVixx
09-16-2018, 04:13 AM
Right well I suppose I should start off on clarifying the title, which I understand means it's a bad title but all the same. I logged into R6 about 10 hours ago for the first time since Year 2 Season 3. I had recently started chatting to an old buddy of mine and we were excited to jump into a game and see how it had changed, but when I had logged in the first message I got was, "Permanently Banned for multiple cheating offenses". You can probably see where I was confused, because first I had NO cheating offenses the last time I played the better part of a year ago, second, I have NEVER cheated in this game nor any other in my life (unless you count minecraft creative mode) and third, it looks like someone was using my account, because my controls were setup so that Mouse4 and Mouse5 did things when I don't have any more than 3 buttons (left, right and middle click) on my damn mouse, which means that they were different from when I had every played. Also, there were 5 or so accounts on me U-play account that I hadn't bloody well seen on there before, and they were all offline.

I contacted support about the issue, and hopefully I'll be unbanned because I didn't do anything, but could someone offer me a reasonable expectation as to why or what happened? If someone hacked on into my account, was it just me? Was there some ubisoft breach or something? I am not sure I want to rely on support for an explanation because they can be somewhat unreliable, but all the same, I'd love to know what the hell happened.

Thanks for your time lads, enjoy siege without me for the meantime.

Fyirnen
09-16-2018, 04:23 AM
the most plausible reason could be someone hacked into your account but i think it can be checked whether or not you played any games during that time

ItzVixx
09-16-2018, 04:31 AM
I'd love to know how to check when my account was logged into so I can provide that to Ubisoft support, and, on the offchance I get a representative who isn't lazy, they can use that to identify what IP is was logged in from, or something else. If you could tell me that it'd be a lifesaver (or at least of use, I suppose).

Fyirnen
09-16-2018, 05:55 AM
i can tell you to use 2FA to prevent this but that's the best i can do

UbiGabrinth
09-16-2018, 06:16 AM
The account you are using here on the forums plays on PS4 and isn't banned. I do not have a way to find your other account to look into it, but I can't directly help. Our team on our support portal can, so you've made the right choice contacting them. Please note that there isn't a way for me to determine how an individual's account information may have become accessible to another user.

ItsVixxz
09-17-2018, 03:26 AM
Right, how about this account? It appears I was logged into the wrong one, but I'm still the OP. It should be banned on PC. I would not be surprised to find out it's a permanent ban from hacking/cheating in some way, since I know someone had hacked into my account, but is there any way you can check the time, or more useful, the date to which I was banned? I assume there would have been previous bans if this one is permanent. Do you know if bans are reversible if I wasn't the one who broke the terms of service but instead someone who had illegally acquired my account information? And do you know any ways besides Two-Factor Authentication (Which I have now enabled on my account) that I can prevent such a case from happening in the future? Thanks for the help.

Ubi-Redbeard
09-18-2018, 10:20 AM
Hey ItsVixxz,

If you wish to appeal a ban, you can create a case on the support website (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/) so we can look into this for you.

This is something that the team investigating your ban will look for.

The bans can sometimes be reversed if your account was deemed to be compromised, however, this is down to the discretion of the agent investigating.

Other than 2-Step verification, I would recommend changing your email address and password, which the agent in your support ticket can assist with.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!