PDA

View Full Version : Nuxia improvements

Sneakly20
09-11-2018, 04:32 PM
This is a simple thread on how to help nuxia out in her CURRENT STATE. I believe she has a lot going for her and after watching those who where able to test, Iím able to make a few ideas that others might agree with.

1. Make the traps available later into animation and make it less flashy and much less reaction based.. This will make it so people donít have to look once and throw a light on reaction canceling 75% of her kit.

2. Increase her damage. Not demo damage but higher than test damage. Her lights are spit balls (not a big increase because they are quick.) this is more for her traps. 25 on trap and 40 on zone trap. The zone is too slow and situational to give 33 or even 35.

3. Make her deflect guaranteed, if this means throw it to 35 then fine. No glad redo please.

4. Her traps should be counted as a heavy and can execute, more of a convenience than gameplay change.

5. last and certainly not least , thereís a huge issue with her traps not working with ANY lack of guard. This dramatically makes her less effective. Thereís still an attack coming , or at least that should be the case. Devs said that attacking or dodging should be the only way to avoid. Well since when is an emote or unlocking a tool in a fight? Simple change. It should land under all circumstances unless two scenarios; the trap is attacked through with a light or late heavy ( heavy on prediction obviously) or dodging. Thatís it.

Simple write up. Feel free to criticize or help. Welcome additional ideas or changes to these idea I put up.

UbiInsulin
09-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Thanks for these. We've received a lot of feedback on Nuxia's traps in particular, and have made sure to sent it on to the devs throughout the Open Test.

Roseguard_Cpt
09-12-2018, 06:45 PM
I've seen gameplay but don't quite know all of her moves yet. The trap where you pull down and stab with both blades shouldn't be able to execute (saw it in I think a FightingCowboy video where he went over Nuxia and JJ in Arcade mode), but the other would probably be fine. I missed the open test so I'll have to look up more gameplay to figure it out more.

Sneakly20
09-12-2018, 07:47 PM
I've seen gameplay but don't quite know all of her moves yet. The trap where you pull down and stab with both blades shouldn't be able to execute (saw it in I think a FightingCowboy video where he went over Nuxia and JJ in Arcade mode), but the other would probably be fine. I missed the open test so I'll have to look up more gameplay to figure it out more.

I meant her regular traps, the zone trap on kill leaves your body. Similar if shaman bite kills or cent finisher kills. So it would be awkward for that to have an execute. And yes she sufferes a little bit right now. Granted she had a quick light chain ( 500-400-400) but itís not enough for her. And from what I could tell her parry punish was also inconsistent.

Xil_h
09-12-2018, 09:03 PM
@Roseguard
If you speak of the move where she pulls an enemy into a certain direction by burrowing her hooks in the opponents flesh... Its a heavy attack, not a trap.
Its a heavy finisher to be exact.
Also traps that don't connect to a guard won't do anything.

Sneakly20
09-13-2018, 12:05 AM
Honestly I hate thinking about how such a futile part of her kit is thrown out the door when something has simple as lack of guard is a counter, I understand that this go round they want to be careful ( seen with test nerfs on monk and tiandi) but let them come out powerful and nerf them from there. I would think nerfing is easier than buffing a character.