PDA

View Full Version : Blocking/parrying/deflecting vs orochi and other weebs

MoonBloodRaven
09-11-2018, 01:45 PM
is ****ing next to impossible and forget parrying any of orochis lights, its like his hands are made of Sonics they're soo ****ing fast that your only saving grace is to just guard and even then because of stupid guard mechanic where it takes 0.3 secs to actually active (taking it's to prevent all guard just by rotating mouse as fast as you can with any charecters) you can't do **** againt it and when he hits you it deactivates your guard for that possition so you need to switch it and return it in order for it to work, but by the time you do that you get hit again from the same same which you were FORCED to leave open due to stupid game mechanics. Like he should have some drawback if you gave him one of the if not the best light attacks in the game, their dmg is equal if not more to other classes lights and if he hits one of them he gets 2 more.

Talking about assassins all of you can forget about deflect guaranteed hit because he'll just hit you up during your deflect attack animation with his crazy fast lights. "oh well just guard break him" oh excuse me mr genius but did you know that you can counter it? No? Well you can! and did you know that Orochi is the only ****ing assassin who can't be cought during his dodge with a guard break? Same ****ing problem is with double weeb charecter(double swords) Why dafuq did you gave him everything best of other classes, an all guard, light speed light attacks, dodge attack, gap closer, and increased health? He's litteraly an assassin without anything that makes assassins high risk high reward class. I mean seriously might aswell given him stamina drain and self heal so he could complete his "problematic skills" collection.

Like **** Shinobi would be a ****ing nightmare to deal with with his nonstop dodging into push with his ranged attacks if not for his high risk high reward style, now that's a balanced charecter for you, has long ranged, if you parry it he opens up for a free heavy, lights while having too much damage are just slow enought fot opponent to block if timed incorrectly. High risk high reward LIKE ALL ASSASSIN KIND SHOULD BE. Note that i said assassin kind and not assassin class because aramusha falls into assassin kind with his kit however his increased hp and all guard puts it into hybrid section.

If you ask me a perfect hybrid is Nobushi, decent hp, good CC that is rather easy to dodge, easy to parry, but devastating zone, heck even her secret stance is somewhat to admire, a single use of it too early or too late can leave nobushi player with half heath or less, but if performed correctly open up oponent for a combo. Even her first light attack is slow however if hit leads to 2 very fast attacks(as fast as regular Orochis light attacks) that applies bleed. Every warrior should have kits that involves risks and prevents them from spamming it, but Orochi and Aramusha are exeption to this problem ,Gladiotor too i guess, but other then his crazy fast unblockable zone attack i don't see anythign wrong with him, maybe making it cost more stamina or making first hit slower could fix the problem with him.

Unfortunetly fo entire For Honor community balance patches are somewhat of a rare occurence, as seen from 5 month of unstopable centurion. That's straight up balance departament problem, because it's not that they don't know how to fix the charecter, but are instead afraid that they'll lose players due to nerf of their fav charecter. Although loosing players due to unblanced game and 1 charecter supermancy is acceptable to them. That will never happen, i don't know any of the instences where a fighting game lost players because they nerfed an OP charecter, overnerfing it would be a problem, but untill you don't give him pool noodle instead of a sword and paper tissues for armor he'll be liked and played.

Now i must confess i am a parry over block type of player, OR ATLEAST I WAS before being forced to block everything, I'M SORRY i was forced to TRY blocking SOMETHING against Orochi and Aramusha, i mean seriously how are you supposed to block those attacks without an all guard,the only way i can deal with those two is by playing conqeror or warlord and all blocking what they throw at me.

If there's some secret techniqe that makes Orochi and aramusha easier to deal with please share.

If you're gonna comment "get good" or any of the kind, might aswell go and **** yourselves, because nobody thinks that you're funny by commenting it, nobody thinks you're smart AND Deffinetly nobody thinks you're actually good at the game, just because you commented "L2P", so save yourself the embarrasment and just refrain from commenting "git good" or the sort at all.

Sweaty_Sock
09-11-2018, 02:08 PM
If you block a light a gb will beat their next light in startup

vsOroParryOnly
09-12-2018, 06:59 AM
If you block a light a gb will beat their next light in startup

Shinobi main here, OP is right,
Block their light? ok,
1 in 3 chances, fair enough, but everytime he hits his first, literally time frame not enough to activate a block, so 1 in 3 chances, and the 2 success hits guarantees 3 full hit combo? that's just ********.

Sweaty_Sock
09-12-2018, 08:56 AM
Shinobi main here, OP is right,
Block their light? ok,
1 in 3 chances, fair enough, but everytime he hits his first, literally time frame not enough to activate a block, so 1 in 3 chances, and the 2 success hits guarantees 3 full hit combo? that's just ********.

guard one direction, then be ready to parry another, gives a 2/3 chance. If i can beat high tier orochi's with a warlords superior lights there must be some method to the madness

Sorry misread - if your a shino then just dodge... if you dodge left you will deflect his right attack, dodge his top attack - giving 2/3 hurrahs, do it once & they'll start freaking... if you get clear throw a ranged GB or similar - Grab a friend and head into a custom match, turn damage off, and give it a go

Vrbas1
09-12-2018, 02:41 PM
This is even more troublesome for those with reflexive guard. As Glad or Zerk I truly get stun locked when he goes through his barrage of light attacks. I'm literally jamming the joystick in the direction of his attack and the game never registers my input. I try to dodge out of it but even w/ deflect properties, nothing activates. I just keep getting slapped.

Is there something I'm missing? Console player btw.

Baturai
09-13-2018, 08:16 AM
Light is all Orochi Has :/

Vrbas1
09-13-2018, 04:01 PM
Light is all Orochi Has :/

I disagree. He still has an outstanding zone attack. And since his rework they've made some of his backstep special attacks (forget names) effective and flexible. The problem with his light spam now is that they hit so fast you don't have time to recover your guard. So even if you knew he was going LEFT then RIGHT, after LEFT hits you can be jamming RIGHT the whole time even before the indicator shows up and you still end up eating it. This has been my experience on console. It's much worse on reflex guard characters, but I still see it on the others.