PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gameplay FROM 1ST HOURS, New Story Details & More

Olympus2018
09-11-2018, 10:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLVjY_SqrAs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0KY3nIJpCE

quanzaizai
09-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Some preview:
Best ac opening prologue to me. Very cinematic, cool character, informative beginner guide.

Good voice acting (Alexios is not bad at all, and Kassandra is perfect).

Facial animation and lip sync are good and ways better than origins.

The game runs smooth, great improvement from E3 and gamescom.

Exploration mode is great feature, show that they are listening to the fan.

Great story telling (better than misleading opening from origins).Great story content and many interesting character. The main and side story are very rich, lots of conversation, twist, develop character's past, story is understandable, very enjoyable story. Not like origins, We now spend more time with sub-character and they are very memorable.

I changed my mind about not carring about the weapons stats in some comment before. Engraving is very much nesscessary because you not gonna deal a lot of damage to bosses even when higher level if you don't have a good gear.

100% no tools confirm (sad).

The variety of weapon and armor are very good at the begining of the game.

The recuit mechanic by knocking them out is weird lol.

You can make a combination between light and heavy attack. This is a really good feature. Perfect for making the combat animation more interesting and also for combact tactic.

Finally, I already see this game is one of the richest story in gaming industry already, somehow even better than the witcher based on the first

Spoiler:

kassandraandalexiosaresiblings

AnimusLover
09-11-2018, 11:23 AM
Eurogamer posted an interesting article on this specifically in regards to the alleged 3 main story lines in the game: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-10-assassins-creed-odyssey-the-first-eight-of-100s-of-hours

Says it's 100 hours.

quanzaizai
09-11-2018, 11:28 AM
. Ezio triology took around 75Hrs to play all three off them. for me it is understandable to change the protagonist if we have around 100hrs playtime

quanzaizai
09-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Oh I have t mention the music, its ***in amazing.

Olympus2018
09-11-2018, 12:45 PM
Also, it takes more time and effort to move to the next XP level.

Olympus2018
09-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will feature two gameplay modes. The first one will be called Guided Mode and will be similar to what gamers have been experiencing in the previous AC games and the other one will be called Exploration Mode.

Going into more details, in Guided Mode markers will be displayed at all times and quest objectives will be given to players automatically. On the other hand, in Exploration Mode, the player will have to investigate the world to uncover targets and quest objectives.

Guided Mode: A more traditional experience. Markers are displayed at all times, and quest objectives are given to you automatically.

Exploration Mode: A newer approach to playstyle. The user must investigate the world to uncover targets and quest objectives. This is the way Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is meant to be experienced.

“I had a lot of fun exploring the islands and soaking in the lovely depiction of the ancient Greek culture and lovely Mediterranean weather. The combat was good, though it took a little getting used to the end game abilities that were already unlocked on the character. […] I still couldn’t help but feel [the Medusa boss battle] was slightly out of place against the more traditionally accurate games of the past. Then again, drawing from Greek mythology makes sense given the setting.”

Source:
https://wccftech.com/ac-odyssey-map-marker-free-mode/

Olympus2018
09-11-2018, 03:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4n9FDIQURE

Major spoiler warning: 300 SCENE: This is Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

AnimusLover
09-11-2018, 07:48 PM
Ok, I gave in and watched one of the videos... this is the most well paced opening I have seen from AC in a while. The way they have balanced gameplay with story is very good, leaving you to wonder what happened in Kassandra's past to get her to that point and filling it in with flashbacks without feeling like it's rushing to the action set pieces. You can tell they've learned from the mistake of Origins of not putting in flashbacks retroactively and swapping scenes around. It feels more organic here. That said, this is only the first 30 minutes. The first 30 minutes of Unity were good too with a similar trick of opening in another time period. Look how that turned out...

You can already see the first consequence of the player's actions. I knew sparing those thugs would be a mistake. I mean, common sense dictates they clearly hate Kassandra so they'll just go back and get more people on her and low and behold they did.

The music is fabulous but it's like Witcher 3 and AC Revelations had a baby lol

quanzaizai
09-11-2018, 08:13 PM
That said, this is only the first 30 minutes. The first 30 minutes of Unity were good too with a similar trick of opening in another time period. Look how that turned out...

Unity was good tho, just too many bugs and bad optimization.

AnimusLover
09-11-2018, 08:18 PM
Unity was good tho, just too many bugs and bad optimization.

I personally didn't experience too many bugs (I actually found Syndicate to be buggier), it was the story and underdeveloped gameplay ideas that ruined it. Some good ideas, terrible execution.

Olympus2018
09-11-2018, 08:40 PM
That's exactly what I wanted to see: Odyssey's cinematic version of the final battle from the film 300. Can't get more epic than this. Thank you Ubisoft. This is the best video game about ancient Greece, that ever existed and it won't be surpassed in the future.

Black_Widow9
09-12-2018, 01:46 AM
Hey,

Please make sure we're using [SPOILER] in the thread title along with your posts.

Thanks!

Grayfox-87-
09-12-2018, 06:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4n9FDIQURE

Major spoiler warning: 300 SCENE: This is Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I wanna see Leonidas Beard on Alexios :(

Kiroku
09-12-2018, 10:48 AM
So I watched the video about the beginning too and it really gives me somewhat a feeling I had when playing witcher 3.

If the story telling keeps this quality level it will be really fun to play. The howl of the spartans at the beginning could have been a bit more fascinating with more man power to make it sound like they are really 300 and not just 10 of them howling lol. But rest is fine so far.

Music sounds okay too for now.

Olympus2018
09-12-2018, 11:16 AM
Hey,

Please make sure we're using [SPOILER] in the thread title along with your posts.

Thanks!

Ok, sorry, my bad. Should I only post [SPOILER] in bold, or is there any other tool to hide a spoiler?

cawatrooper9
09-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Ok, sorry, my bad. Should I only post [SPOILER] in bold, or is there any other tool to hide a spoiler?

In the thread title, make sure that it's just clear that the post will be focused on spoilers.

In threads themselves, it helps a lot to use spoiler tags.

They should look like this:

http://www.marshalrusty.com/phpBB/bbcodes/spoiler.png

Then, simply put the spoiler in place of where it says "spoiler text here".

Olympus2018
09-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Thank you for this information!

ProdiGurl
09-13-2018, 07:46 PM
Oh I see them now, you have to go to Advanced reply. Thanks for the info.