PDA

View Full Version : Sparta or Athens?

Betrayedunbound
09-10-2018, 03:03 PM
which side are you choosing and why? in my first playthrough im choosing Sparta because of the 300 movie and they are tough warriors.

cawatrooper9
09-10-2018, 03:18 PM
I'm feeling Athens, but it's probably going to end up more like this...

https://i.imgur.com/c66bWny.jpg

Betrayedunbound
09-10-2018, 03:21 PM
haha they say you can play of both sides which is interesting but seeing how most people are choosing Sparta I like to see why some would choose Athens its interesting.

cawatrooper9
09-10-2018, 03:28 PM
haha they say you can play of both sides which is interesting but seeing how most people are choosing Sparta I like to see why some would choose Athens its interesting.

Probably because I'm obnoxiously contrarian.

Olympus2018
09-10-2018, 06:20 PM
which side are you choosing and why? in my first playthrough im choosing Sparta because of the 300 movie and they are tough warriors.

First side with the Spartans, finish all quests and then launch New Game Plus, side with the Athenians and see what happens!

Kiroku
09-10-2018, 10:34 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/61/78/27/617827bbfb2186bef0290341d6875d81.jpg

No further explanation needed

Moultonborough
09-11-2018, 07:52 AM
I'm gonna try Athens first then Sparta. Sparta just seems like the typical choice and I don't wanna jump on the Sparta band wagon right away.

ermacos
09-11-2018, 10:04 PM
I will write as a Hellenic, I am from *****s and from historical facts, I will kill every Athenean I encounter! Even if it is not Athenean people fault but their leaders.

The game adds you 30 years AFTER Cecrops the first (everybody go google him), he was a son of ΟΦΙΣ which means son of the snake! He forced Atlantean corrupted values into Aktika, he also changed the name of AKTIKA into Athens/ATIKA. Now you see how relevant is with assassin creed games.

Since CECROP the first corrupted Athens and Athenians, many civil wars came, one of them, was the Peloponnesian war. Atheneans also travel by boats into Aegean Islands (I am from *****s as I said) and they collected taxes BUT ALSO they killed anybody who didnt praise their new goddess.

In my personal opinion the ancient Athena has nothing to do with the Athena Cecrops promoted. He is also mythological known as a reptilian! Half reptile/half human with shape shifter abilities and a myth that anybody who saw him transform found dead later on.

here is his wiki in english https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecrops_I

ermacos
09-11-2018, 10:07 PM
OH BOY that is discrimination! Where you see ***** I said I am from L E S B O S island (I was born and live there) and you can also travel there! Why Bioware discriminate the name of my island and origin!

I also forgot to say I am dyslexic sorry for grammar issues.

ermacos
09-11-2018, 10:28 PM
Forgive me for my 3rd comment but I ve read the English wiki about Cecrops the first and it speaks stupid things! Nothing to do with reality, so I took the courage to give the Hellenic version of Cecrops translated via google translation, in order for your to learn some things actual historical facts..

Also this is the answer how relevant assassinís creed games are with Odyssey game. Because I ve seen many of you in social media that complaining the Hellenic theme has nothing to do with assassins games and that is W R O N G, it is actually the core game.

Cecrops wiki from Hellenic resources (https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=el&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fel.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2F%25CE%25 9A%25CE%25AD%25CE%25BA%25CF%2581%25CE%25BF%25CF%25 80%25CE%25B1%25CF%2582&edit-text=)

Cecrops wiki original Hellenic language (https://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%9A%CE%AD%CE%BA%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%80%CE%B1%CF%82) if you want to use a better translator for you to read

The only foggy information is the age of Cecrops from the Hellenic version of wiki, Athens before 500bc was known as AKTIKA, it turn into Athens at 500bc everything else fits. Maybe in the real world the sons of the snake covered up his existence of cecrops as a mythical deity in order to camouflage true historical facts - who knows!

It was also the era of the Gnostics.

Betrayedunbound
09-11-2018, 10:38 PM
in my opinion Greek history is some of the most interesting history

ermacos
09-11-2018, 11:54 PM
The sons of the snake is Hellenic and Atlantian story yes, thats what people must understand. Everything I may write bellow take it as a story/myth or a fairytale.

Once, in the universe was a great war between Ttitans, Titans are planets this is why in mythology says Titans gave birth to GODS, Gods cannot exist without a titan (land to step up and evolve). Thats what the titan war is. The snake lost the war but the damage was great in the universe. This local system was a new project by the good forces at that time, but it fall as a victim of the great war! Because some remaining forces of the snake invaded this solar system in order to drain resources and flee further into the deep space. Some planets got destroyed, some planets got damaged, the snake originally resided in Atlantis and Atlantians lost their true values, they wanted to take over the planet, to force a one world order under the command of their new gods which they came from the moon.

The forces of earth was dismantled because the one who was supposed to protect earth from external threats, rebel and allied with the snake (Kronos or Saturn) but it was enough forces to make a huge attack and delay their plans. Atlantians lost and the moon god got angry, which his forced the earth crust to smash and Atlantis sunk. Some forces fled into the centrals in the universe to inform about the invasion, some other forces resided in the entrances and exits of this solar system to guard so nobody to escape, some others remained on earth to monitor and guard, some others resided in the core of the earth and in higher dimensions!.

Wars came and armies of the snake killed on earth and thats how Hades was forged, a local jail for those evil deities to remain there until the return of the greater forces from the centrals. Some of the survived and fled under the crust of earth. Their conditions was higher than humans they could manipulate mind, (mind control) and shape shifting so they start manipulating humans on earth, pretending to be gods and they produce many civil wars and war in general into humans.

Also the myth of Medusa says "in the way down to Hades, she forged the 8 sirens, in order to glamour humans and make them forget their true nature, ID.. In order for her to earn time and find a way out from Hades". Sirens are actually the system we live on 8 sirens = 8 factions. (politics, religions, music, theatre/drama, etc).

So thats the basic story without much info from our part, you can find it also in ancient philosophers books such as Plato with Solon speaking with an Egyptian priest and the priest said some things about it, also Lucian - true story book and many more.

Its like a star wars lore is it? But is the other side of the coin, original star wars is inspired by asiatic myths, from the moon... We speak from the Sun ;)

Olympus2018
09-12-2018, 10:51 AM
in my opinion Greek history is some of the most interesting history

For some weird reason, I agree with you....

Olympus2018
09-12-2018, 10:53 AM
OH BOY that is discrimination! Where you see ***** I said I am from L E S B O S island (I was born and live there) and you can also travel there! Why Bioware discriminate the name of my island and origin!

I also forgot to say I am dyslexic sorry for grammar issues.

In Greek, the island is called Lesvos (L e s v o s), not *****s. Use the Greek spelling to avoid censorship.

SgtWolf1
09-12-2018, 08:54 PM
I actually went on YouTube to find out more about this period and watched a 3 part documentary which shed a lot of light on Spartans, Athenians and the war. Here's part 1: https://youtu.be/piAEzVOqHHU

For one, the struggle wasn't a quick war, it went on for a long time. The Spartans were sure an elite force, at least when this way of living was put in place. They were able to be professional soldiers though by enslaving a whole other group of greek people to do the grunt work while they concentrating on building a near perfect army. This was normal for outsiders to Greece, doing this to a whole set of Greek people was very controversial. They also shunned new technology or ways of doing anything, so they didn't evolve with the times and this was eventually their downfall. I also had no idea they operated with 2 kings! Plus, being intimate with the male person/mentor who took you in when you are young and learning the spartan way and combat is mandatory. This confused them so much that when they did get married they had to initially make their wives seem male to get aroused.

The Athenians look like a perfect people offering more freedom(if your male) with prettier towns, better and evolving learn etc, but it's never that cut and dry. I do like that they actual built a wall around Athens and extended it miles to reach the sea so they could always have fresh food etc. I really hope this wall is in the game. It was brilliant and want to see it, though this and their naval domination led to them getting a plague which didn't affect the Spartans(who had NO WALLS).

After watching this documentary, I believe I will see who I more agree with in my dealings and who treats and pays me more:cool:. I think a saw a video where based on who you side with, the gear/rewards you get could change, so I'd like to know more about that. The Spartan gear does look more badass.

Man..can't wait to get my hands on this game!

cawatrooper9
09-12-2018, 10:01 PM
I actually went on YouTube to find out more about this period and watched a 3 part documentary which shed a lot of light on Spartans, Athenians and the war. Here's part 1: https://youtu.be/piAEzVOqHHU

Nice, I'll have to check that out! I could definitely brush up on that era.

ermacos
09-12-2018, 10:16 PM
@Olympus 2018

I type it with Hellenic spelling "Λέσβος" which is B and in Hellenic the difference between the 2 meanings is the pronouncing Λέσβιες (the originals) λεσβίες the other meaning.
Imagine one thing, Sappho did died because of her lover who abandoned her. The only thing she did, she wrote about the female beauty poems and she run a business like school for females.

ermacos
09-13-2018, 06:17 PM
New info released today, I was correct about the things i ve said, if you know the story, you know the lore.. And AC games are near to true historical facts, easy to know what that is.. Ubi gave info about the expansions of Odyssey...

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/Assassins-Creed-Odyssey-Post-Launch-Details-Revealed

Olympus2018
09-13-2018, 09:50 PM
To answer the OP, again..... Neither Sparta, nor Athens. I stand with Atlantis even if is merely an episode of Odyssey.

ermacos
09-13-2018, 11:50 PM
Yeah its whatever fits anybody... If you love the so called golden era the son of ΟΦΙΣ (snake) Cecrops who brought into "Athens", be with Atheneans, democracy, etc. If you love the old traditional way, the path of the SUN, be with Spartans.. If you love the real bad guys.. be with Atlantis. (Cecrops before he changed the name of AKTIKA into Athens, he asked from "Aktikans" to vote which name they wish to h ave and guess what, all the names he suggested as a king, related with Atlantis!... surprise. So Athenians or atlantians, does not change much, reading many books and many historical events, we see that something DID happen at the 6th-5th century bc and many changed since then. I personal consider that era the beginning of the downfall of the Hellenic empire.

Real atlantians are not bad, but the sons and daughters of ΟΦΙΣ in a much later date resided in Atlantis and took over the power, corrupted Atlantis from within.. and the result is known, a sunk atlantis. Atlantians during the corruption and after their big loss and the total failure of the "moon god" by the pre-Hellenic tribe lead by Xenios Zeus, Atlantians split in 2 parts, those who praised the new ways, ways of the moon and those who stick with the original values of the SUN they made numerous of civil wars..

its a war that we see even today! But to be honest I dont care about Atlantians, they harm the whole planet so much already, the generation of IRON.. Did you know that the original name of Atlantians is Poseidonians? Atlantas was a king from creta who was send to Poseidonia to rule. They changed it later on? who knows.