PDA

View Full Version : I LIKE BREACH MODE BUT THE RESPAWN TIME need to be more low

matt89connor
09-10-2018, 12:30 PM
i really prefer dominion than breach just for this reason: i don't want spend half of my time in that mode by waiting a revive or run to heal myself (if i can cuz slow heroes can't escape from gank).

pls put this to devs, this mode shouldn't fall because of the long respawn time

DefiledDragon
09-10-2018, 01:56 PM
I like breach mode, it's a fun game mode, the maps are great and I've enjoyed playing it, but, in my opinion, it suffers from the following issues.

The new minions are both good and bad. They're good because they are actually useful and can't be ignored. What makes them bad, in my opinion, is the way they interrupt executions and revives. Revives, fair enough I guess. If you pick a fight among a group of minions and go down, well you made that choice. The fact that they interrupt executions really gets on my tits though. Executions are a nice way to get a bit of health back after a tough fight. it's a reward that you earn through combat. Also, I didn't pay 7,000 steel for an execution so I can watch it be interrupted by some NPC ***** with a spear. Just my opinion.

The respawn timers are ridiculous. In a number of games I was waiting 30+ seconds to respawn. In some games it felt like I spent more time waiting to respawn than i did playing the actual game. Probably not true in reality, but the perception and the experience is frustrating.

The ticket system for the attackers rewards deathballing as defenders. Defenders can easily win the game early just by running around in a gank squad and depleting the attackers tickets before they can bust through the gates. This is certainly a valid tactic and it's not the only way to win as defenders, which is a good thing in principle as it offers more than one way to win the game, but it also makes each map heavily weighted in favour of the defending team regardless of the map design itself. I'm torn on this one tbh. I kind of like it and I kind of don't. I think they should possibly remove the tickets from the attackers for the first two phases and the destruction of the ram should be the focus when defending early on. Make it so tickets only come into play during the final phase where you have to defend the commander and see what impact that has on the game experience.

Make ballista's do slightly more damage to the ram. At the moment the ballista's do a tiny sliver of damage. If this was increased slightly it would give defenders more viable options than just the cauldron, killing the attacking team and clearing minions. It would also give the attackers more to worry about than just clearing archer zones and killing minions in front of the ram.

XP and steel rewards need a buff. The fastest Dominion game I ever played was an Infernal Dominion game that took about 2 minutes and 50 seconds. The fastest Breach game I've played so far took about 20 minutes. The rewards need to reflect this massive increase in time commitment required or people will just ignore the game mode, I guarantee it.

matt89connor
09-10-2018, 05:43 PM
I like breach mode, it's a fun game mode, the maps are great and I've enjoyed playing it, but, in my opinion, it suffers from the following issues.

The new minions are both good and bad. They're good because they are actually useful and can't be ignored. What makes them bad, in my opinion, is the way they interrupt executions and revives. Revives, fair enough I guess. If you pick a fight among a group of minions and go down, well you made that choice. The fact that they interrupt executions really gets on my tits though. Executions are a nice way to get a bit of health back after a tough fight. it's a reward that you earn through combat. Also, I didn't pay 7,000 steel for an execution so I can watch it be interrupted by some NPC ***** with a spear. Just my opinion.

The respawn timers are ridiculous. In a number of games I was waiting 30+ seconds to respawn. In some games it felt like I spent more time waiting to respawn than i did playing the actual game. Probably not true in reality, but the perception and the experience is frustrating.

The ticket system for the attackers rewards deathballing as defenders. Defenders can easily win the game early just by running around in a gank squad and depleting the attackers tickets before they can bust through the gates. This is certainly a valid tactic and it's not the only way to win as defenders, which is a good thing in principle as it offers more than one way to win the game, but it also makes each map heavily weighted in favour of the defending team regardless of the map design itself. I'm torn on this one tbh. I kind of like it and I kind of don't. I think they should possibly remove the tickets from the attackers for the first two phases and the destruction of the ram should be the focus when defending early on. Make it so tickets only come into play during the final phase where you have to defend the commander and see what impact that has on the game experience.

Make ballista's do slightly more damage to the ram. At the moment the ballista's do a tiny sliver of damage. If this was increased slightly it would give defenders more viable options than just the cauldron, killing the attacking team and clearing minions. It would also give the attackers more to worry about than just clearing archer zones and killing minions in front of the ram.

XP and steel rewards need a buff. The fastest Dominion game I ever played was an Infernal Dominion game that took about 2 minutes and 50 seconds. The fastest Breach game I've played so far took about 20 minutes. The rewards need to reflect this massive increase in time commitment required or people will just ignore the game mode, I guarantee it.

yes there are many issues in that fun mode, but imo, the respawn time is 1 of the strongest