PDA

View Full Version : State of the game

Specialkha
09-10-2018, 11:41 AM
So, more than 1 year and a half after release, where are we with this game?

Pretty much the same ****, some characters are straight up better than other, patching is super slow (so much for a AAA studio), the gape of power between the best and the worst is HUGE.
Lots of map are crap (sentinel, forge, gauntlet), nothing has been done to address this.
Some feats are still OP (catapult, fire flask, spear storm,...) and some characters benefit far more than others from feats (LB bombs).
And what about that great MM that allow fully geared character against no geared character? Great stuff!

And they dare release a Stand alone, which will mostly aggravate everything I just said. So obv, the team working on Marching Fire is not the same than the one balancing (lol) stuff, but they could have use more devs in the balancing team.

So after all this time, this game is still a disappointment. They are really lucky that this game is "unique" as there is no competitor right now.

SpaceJim12
09-10-2018, 12:45 PM
I don't think devs are lucky. Look at game in steam. After free give away For Honor got 200k players. And after a week we have 12-15k players. And I think this number will continue to fall. So, even after all this givaaways game can't generate new players. So, For Honor still have his canned community. People who just far away from newbies. And every single newbie will face this skilled guys and leave game as well. So, game lose people day to day and can't get new players. And yes, we don't have data about Uplay free give away, but I'm pretty sure it's same than Steam. With low number of players, pretty high price for Marching Fire I don't know devs will sell a lot of them. So, Marching Fire can't let devs to contain studio of 350 people. I think marching fire should be their last chance to bring game to popular level. And devs failed it...
But, who knows. Someone still play this game.

chukblok
09-10-2018, 01:58 PM
I wish we could get some update on overall population on platforms. sadly if this game ever did truly die I would play nothing else. Being 39 with 3 kids this game is the only game that holds my interest because of the art and combat style...plus i can play a quick game

SpaceJim12
09-10-2018, 02:33 PM
I wish we could get some update on overall population on platforms. sadly if this game ever did truly die I would play nothing else. Being 39 with 3 kids this game is the only game that holds my interest because of the art and combat style...plus i can play a quick game

Well, the idea now in the air. So, it's a matter of time when someone try to made same game, but without all mistakes Roman's team did. There are a lot of people who want to play games like this. But For Honor somehow still can't be playable for a lot of people.

Specialkha
09-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Yeah that game is completely ****ed up.

I have now to wait no play the game for another 1 or 2 month so my "skill" decay and I would be able to face ppl not parrying everything i thow at them and npt facing fully geared players while leveling a new hero.

And the patching process is extremely slow for a so called AAA studio.

I got scammed with For honor and the division, it will never happen again.

Baturai
09-13-2018, 08:23 AM
Ill start with Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord.. For honor is by far the worst when it comes to balance. very hypocritic.