PDA

View Full Version : New player, gear advice help.

WolfvenX
09-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Hello all,

I've just bought this game and I'm loving it.

I have a few of questions regarding gear and I appreciate any info =)

1) Do I dismantle any gear which is lower than what is dropping at my current level? (dismantle lvl 1-3 gear if I'm getting lvl 4 gear)

2) What if the lower lvl gear has better stats than the higher lvl gear? (keep using a good lvl 2 gear even if higher lvl gear 3-4 drops)

3) Are packs the only way to get better gear as I've seen people say the normal drops just by playing won't be good. Are there any alternatives besides buying packs?

4) Is it better to grind to REP 10 (per character) before opening or buying any packs?

Thank you very much.

Siegfried-Z
09-10-2018, 10:27 AM
Hello man,

So i'm rep 116 on PS4 so if i can help.

In response, you should dismantle any gear you don't need as it brings you some material which you can use to boost xp etc.

Another thing, yes the most important are the stats themselves, if a lvl 6 gear is better than a 9 one, use the 6.

You don't need to wait for rep 10 to buy packs, just rep 8 and here is why (gess you don't know how it works) :

Rep 0 = Basic gear
Rep 1 = Basic and Blue gear
Rep 2 = Only Blue gear
Rep 3 = Blue and Purple
Rep 4 = Only Purple
Rep 5 = Purple and Yellow
Rep 6 = Only Yellow
Rep 7 = Yellow and Green
Rep 8 = Only Green

So as Green Gear are the best, you can just use good gear you've got from games before it and then buy some packs from rep 8 to put you're char at max gear which is 180.

Most of the times you gonna get gear between 25 and 27 at this level and then you have to improve each of them till lvl 30.

Some gonna have one buble on, some 2 bubles which means you can respectivly refine or double refine them and boost a bit more the stats ;)

BTW very soon (16 October) the whole system gonna change for a new one call "Perks" so don't waste too much time or Steel at it ;)

And enjoy !

DrinkinMyStella
09-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Don't worry about gear at all, just select something for cosmetics reasons and then dismantle everything else to get scrap, grind until rep 5 then better more rewarding gear drops. Rep 7 is where the best gear is at. don't waste any money or resources until you reach the max rep cap and then you should be looting higher gear naturally rather than buying crates. Playing the game and buying packs will make no difference in your luck or receiving better gear except the fact that buying crates will speed up how quickly you get gear but doesn't guarantee that your pull better gear out of the drop. Also once perks are added then I think the whole gear score thing will change anyway so wait until marching fire before focusing on loot and gear.

YoMemesAintDank
09-10-2018, 10:58 AM
rep 9 will give best gear even though its still yellow its more of high tier legendary gear and for using gear it depends on how you play i personally use gear thats a direct upgrade so you get buffed every where evenly some people may use sets that give super fast stamina regen or revives or revenge based sets and as for gear dont try leveling it up till much till you get your rep 9 gear because its cheap at first but refining gets really expensive in the end

Siegfried-Z
09-10-2018, 11:00 AM
rep 9 will give best gear even though its still yellow its more of high tier legendary gear and for using gear it depends on how you play i personally use gear thats a direct upgrade so you get buffed every where evenly some people may use sets that give super fast stamina regen or revives or revenge based sets and as for gear dont try leveling it up till much till you get your rep 9 gear because its cheap at first but refining gets really expensive in the end

Yellow gear stop at rep 7 man

voiddp
09-10-2018, 12:01 PM
Right advises:
In october with MarchingFire release all this gear will randomly change. No more stats. There will be 2 parts of perks per gear to collect full perk and activate it, so:
1. Never spend any steel on gear upgrades untill MF.
2. Never open any crates untill MF
3. You can destroy all not Legendary gear. It doesnt matter.
4. Crates give the same loot as matches. Just 5 of it at the same time.

Dont do anything with gear untill MF, you will need all that steel in october.

Alustar.
09-10-2018, 12:49 PM
I would add that you should probably so restring gear altogether till October. If you aren't rep 17(I think) them legendary gear isn't going to drop much, so filling it gear allies for your chosen characters is a good idea.

chukblok
09-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Awesome. welcome!
So let me start by saying the game is amazing. Yes some of the more experienced guys/gals have some gripes on the forum. But that is because they have been playing for a long time and can point out the nitty gritty of the mechanics. dont get discouraged at the learning curve.
And about gear....dont sweat it. it makes almost no diff. And like already mentioned its all changing next month so we will all be learning.
-Yes wait until rep 10 to open boxes.
-if a lower level item has stats you like more then yes keep it.
-ive found drops by playing just as good as boxes.
-the only stats i really focus on are stam reduction, regen, and revenge gained. thats my preference.
im only rep 52 though and stay away from the competitive ranked scene so i may not be one to comment

chukblok
09-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Right advises:
In october with MarchingFire release all this gear will randomly change. No more stats. There will be 2 parts of perks per gear to collect full perk and activate it, so:
1. Never spend any steel on gear upgrades untill MF.
2. Never open any crates untill MF
3. You can destroy all not Legendary gear. It doesnt matter.
4. Crates give the same loot as matches. Just 5 of it at the same time.

Dont do anything with gear untill MF, you will need all that steel in october.

Also this :)
just wait and focus on grinding rep and steel for now