PDA

View Full Version : Some missing details, questions and suggestions.

JNNSK2
09-09-2018, 08:52 AM
Hello,

I only just found out about the Gamescom announcement of the new Settlers game and obviously the History Edition which I'm more excited about personally.
I'm very sad I've missed it on the live event as I was there on thursday. (but it was so busy this year; there wasn't much to do, sadly)

On to the questions,

1. Is it going to be available on Steam? Which would obviously still use uplay services for online play.
If so, suggestion: I'd like to see the login screen in the game itself. (I've played Anno 2070 and the whole uplay launcher was personally unnecessary.

2. Will some classic games, if there's a demand for it (I'm guessing 4 definitely will, maybe 3) get support or possibly even updates by a small team.
Suggestion: I'd like to at least see an official Discord to get people to play enjoy and talk about the game together young and old. I wouldn't mind helping at all.

3. Will the games be bundled, or all just sold seperately?
Suggestion: I'd personally prefer a bundle, even though I wasn't a huge fan of changes made since 5/6 and after, but I'd personally like to enjoy all the games again. (Kindof like Origin's "Command & Conquer"- Bundle, but with updated games.

4. Is there an estimated release date?, and if not, how long has this been worked at so far?

I'd just like to thank you very much for giving us, the players the opportunity to once again enjoy the amazing experiences we've enjoyed, whether you like the first games, maybe the fifth, or maybe just the entire franchise. I've personally been wanting to play the games with friends for years, but I personally simply couldn't recommend buying the old games mostly due to issues with newer systems.

Thank you very much.

demoNN2014
09-09-2018, 09:38 AM
1. Blue Byte has said that The Settlers History collection will be exclusive to Uplay, So I highly doubt it will be on Steam.

2. I don't think they will update it as they want to keep the original charm of the game. Of course, they will fix the bugs and issues on all of the games, that Blue Byte has confirmed

3. All of the games will be sold seperately and there will be a bundle that you can purchase for 40 that will include all of the games, but there is a possibilty that you can buy the games seperately aswell, seperately they will cost around 5-15 depending on which game it is.

4. The release date for The Settlers History Collection will be 15th november, The Settlers 2019 will be released in fall of 2019.

Hope that helped ya.

JNNSK2
09-09-2018, 10:36 AM
1. Blue Byte has said that The Settlers History collection will be exclusive to Uplay, So I highly doubt it will be on Steam.

2. I don't think they will update it as they want to keep the original charm of the game. Of course, they will fix the bugs and issues on all of the games, that Blue Byte has confirmed

3. All of the games will be sold seperately and there will be a bundle that you can purchase for 40 that will include all of the games, but there is a possibilty that you can buy the games seperately aswell, seperately they will cost around 5-15 depending on which game it is.

4. The release date for The Settlers History Collection will be 15th november, The Settlers 2019 will be released in fall of 2019.

Hope that helped ya.

Thanks so much! I could not find too much information like 3 and 4 myself, so this is really appreciated!

Ubi-Thorlof
09-09-2018, 10:47 AM
A few more details, if you don't mind, demoNN2014 already covered most - thank you :)

1. demoNN2014 is correct in regards to the History Collection, the new The Settlers will also be released on Steam, though.

2. A lot of fans reported bugs in the previous titles which we forwarded to our devs to have em fixed. Don't expect full development support for the History Edition games after release as it would be for a new game, but we'll try to make em as polished as possible.
There's no official Discord, but a fan has setup an unofficial fan Discord after the announcement which you can find here:
https://discord.gg/amNvc8U

3. Buying the bundle will be cheaper than buying all games separately, fyi.

4. The new The Settlers is in development for about 2 years, since 2016