PDA

View Full Version : X52 Throttle and 100% Power

hmkim
03-08-2006, 06:59 PM
If you push up the X52 throttle, you'll feel a notch. If you push up further, you'll enable Water Injection, etc.

On my X52, that position corresponds to about 90% power. I want that notch position to be at 100% power. Is there a way to do so?

hmkim
03-08-2006, 06:59 PM
If you push up the X52 throttle, you'll feel a notch. If you push up further, you'll enable Water Injection, etc.

On my X52, that position corresponds to about 90% power. I want that notch position to be at 100% power. Is there a way to do so?

dravisar
03-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Hmm...I have an X52, and at 90& throttle im at 100% in the game, the next 10% on the stick is 100 to 110% in the game. Is that what you meant? Default that's how mines setup.

You can also use the profile editing software to modify the axis, by switching to a band system where you can split up different amounts of throttle to do different things.

I set my throttle up by using the default axis in the profile software (unmodified) and then went into the game, selected HOTAS power, and pushed the stick forward. The game automatically set it up right. It should read -Z-axis.

NonWonderDog
03-08-2006, 10:37 PM
The only way to really tweak the position of 100% throttle in the sim relative to the throttle detent is to add a deadzone to the top and bottom of the range in the Saitek control panel.

It's not the best solution, but it's the only one available. I really don't think it's necessary, myself -- 100% doesn't *really* correspond to anything in the sim at all.

Vacillator
03-09-2006, 03:34 AM
At and beyond 100% power you'll have Water Injection etc. enabled (not after the notch is felt). So in your case your saying 100% is beyond the notch? I think mine might be too, but it's pretty close. As described above, use of the Saitek software is required to change this. I decided not to bother changing it, but I would say that the notches at top and at bottom are fairly vague (even with the tensioner screwed down) compared with the Afterburner I used to use...

LT.INSTG8R
03-09-2006, 03:42 AM
I find mine hits the detent around 90% or so but I never really considered it an issue of any kind if I push it to the end I get 110% so Im fine with that I get 0-110% and Im familliar with the curve by now and can pretty feel most throttle settings now

triggerhappyfin
03-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Google for DXtweak2..lets you set the axis. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Tully__
03-09-2006, 04:11 PM
The two notches in the X-52 (and X-45) throttle axis correspond to 15% and 85% of the lever travel. They're their for "idle" and "afterburner" settings in jet sims and are mechanical stops independant of the actual joystick axis. The only way to adjust where they correspond to in the sim is to play with the axis calibration. As the X-52 is "auto calibrating" you'll need to either play with the deadzones or follow triggerhappyfin's advice.

My x-52 detents are so weak as to be almost un-noticeable, but on the X-45 they annoyed me so much I pulled the stick apart and removed the parts that make them work.