PDA

View Full Version : Please fix shaman

Bootman44
09-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Can you please do something about this character. Im getting tired of being punished just for guessing wrong

DefiledDragon
09-07-2018, 10:17 PM
That applies to about 80% of the roster at this point.

Bootman44
09-07-2018, 10:19 PM
But shamans kit is like 90% guesswork

TSCDescon
09-07-2018, 10:29 PM
Itís Romans favorite character, so no.

Bootman44
09-07-2018, 10:31 PM
oof

NHLGoldenKnight
09-07-2018, 10:37 PM
That Roman guy obviously sucks at playing his own game so he has to come up with Centurion and later Shaman which is crazy Centurion-Berserker mix. That ***** of a Shaman can cancel or delay practically everything. Bite is ridiculously op in 4v4 and happens all the time.

My only working solution for a decent Shaman is Kensei.

TSCDescon
09-07-2018, 10:39 PM
That Roman guy obviously sucks at playing his own game so he has to come up with Centurion and later Shaman which is crazy Centurion-Berserker mix. That ***** of a Shaman can cancel or delay practically everything. Bite is ridiculously op in 4v4 and happens all the time.

My only working solution for a decent Shaman is Kensei.

Or uninstall the game and buy a better game.

yfkutfui
09-07-2018, 10:57 PM
The Shaman is a bit excessive, even in the hands of a noob they can be wrecking balls,

DefiledDragon
09-07-2018, 10:58 PM
Or uninstall the game and buy a better game.

I long for the day that another publisher who knows how to balance a roster builds a game like For Honor. Unfortunately there's nothing else like it at the moment so it's Hobson's choice.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-07-2018, 11:14 PM
I long for the day that another publisher who knows how to balance a roster builds a game like For Honor. Unfortunately there's nothing else like it at the moment so it's Hobson's choice.
Creative assembly maybe.

UbiInsulin
09-08-2018, 12:01 AM
Can you please do something about this character. Im getting tired of being punished just for guessing wrong

Are there any particular changes you would suggest?

Colosse_09
09-08-2018, 12:27 AM

At the very least remove her bite confirm off of a guardbreak.

I can think of 3 other points that make her kind of unfair: the nonexistant recovery after landing her bleed stab, her throw distance being longer than freaking Warlord, and the healing factor in duels. Change those four points and I think she can remain top-tier without being unfair. Actually, she regains as much (I don't actually know) health as Shugoki, as well as all of her stamina, unlike Shugoki, and Shaman's bite comes out in 400ms where as Demon's embrace takes 1200ms.

So bottom line, what I'm trying to say is BUFF SHUGOKI

HazelrahFirefly
09-08-2018, 12:33 AM
That applies to about 80% of the roster at this point.

Yep, it's an invalid complaint against any one particular character. Most of the game is prediction (guessing) and not reaction, and it's only going more and more in that direction. Only the un-reworked heroes still feel like a game of calculation.

You can not like it, but dont blame the Shaman, Berserker, or anyone else. Blame FH and be ready to jump ship when it gets even worse.

DefiledDragon
09-08-2018, 12:35 AM
Creative assembly maybe.

Creative Assembly, Blizzard, Konami Tecmo, Capcom. Any of the major publishers with experience in balancing a varied roster of characters.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-08-2018, 01:03 AM

Reduce her numbers a little bit. Damage, sprint speed, jump and bite damage. Play with the numbers until you get something reasonable.

Alustar.exe
09-08-2018, 12:10 PM
If you are guessing at defending against a shaman, you don't know her kit well enough to actually respond correctly. I suggest going to the training simulator and practicing against her mix ups. Learn to be patient and wait for either the heavy finisher to land or be feinted to a GB. This is can be done at my level of play, so it's not something that only the top white players are doing. It's also very effective to just attack her out right to stop her mix ups. The heal value on predators mercy is also far less than Shugoki. Outs also very punishable and very risky as you can be hit out of it by your allies. That alone makes it to the point that I don't even attempt predators mercy unless I'll with a group I know.

MuscleTech12018
09-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Creative Assembly, Blizzard, Konami Tecmo, Capcom. Any of the major publishers with experience in balancing a varied roster of characters.

Imagine a similard game done by great companies not kiddies like UB ... what a game it would be, lol !

AzureSky.
09-08-2018, 05:30 PM

First fix the bug of the tracking front dodge heavies, a lot of times i actually dodged the attack but the tracking keep hitting me (even as highlander in offensive stance with 400ms dodges) it's bugged and keep hitting people even if it's not a tracking move like orochi front dodge light.

Second, her dodge heavies are her most used moves for a very good reason, good damage, heavy block animation, heavy parry punish AND (this is important) it's the fastest dodge attack of the game, it always hit, for example if you are highlander and you do kick to grab she will always stop you (this only happens with her) before you even touch her.

This makes that move really spammeable, my suggestion is changing it from a heavy into a light (you can keep the heavy block animation if you want, i just want to punish her properly for overspamming the move, currently you can only do a heavy parry and a light, it's just a really safe move to spam)