PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk new Voice Overs - OROCHI (male)

Matanuro
09-07-2018, 12:05 PM
As someone who is playing Orochi as his main, I've come to get a picture of him in my head. And that picture was that he was a precise, not to be taken lightly kind of character, an assassin, ready to counter his enemy and do what he does best - killing them. Also, honorable and respectful towards everyone, not understimating anyone he meets. Maybe very close with his faction, leader of some kind (even better leader personality than kenseis). That's how I've imagined him and I think a lot of people did get similar image of him in their heads. And I'm talking about the MALE variant here that's the issue here.

What transpired was that they changed the voice actor. I've heared him on Test Build and after a full test with seeing all the options, it's bad. Really bad. And for what I am going to say, firstly, I'll say this: No one and I mean litteraly no one at all has a problem with the new character voiceline idea.. Theyíre fantastic, Great job for the team that implemented and suggested this, and I'll give credit to the people who done this. But, some of the things aren't quite right. The problem here isnít the new features - itís the VOICE ACTING and the QUALITY of it if we take in mind that this is an AAA title game.

The thing with Orochi is that his new voice that comes out of him with attacking, blocking, basically everything except the banter is okayish at best. Sounds little more rough, unexperienced, uncalucated, unbalanced and like a bully. And with time I believe I could get used to even if that's not what I imagined for Orochi but okay. Let's say that's something that most of people will be able to deal with. What I'm reffering to can be heared on the Spliceds video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCIZq-kgmSc

The real problem is the banter. Just poor quality and writing of his voice lines ARE BAD. I'm not on a hate train here, they are simply NOT GOOD for an AAA type of game. I'm sorry, I can't get over with a fake attampt of japanesee accent and mediocore writing for him. Some words are even uncomprehensial like when he is reffereing to Shugoki. (insted of, I guess he is supposed to say Demon, it sounds like DAMIEN...) And most of his banter lines towards others are silly and childlish. NOT AT ALL what an assassin should sound like. For some examples, here, listen to yourselves.

https://www.twitch.tv/alernakin/clip/CuriousBashfulScorpionStrawBeary
https://www.twitch.tv/alernakin/clip/PrettiestHeadstrongCourgettePeteZarollTie

And here are some other issues with the banter. NOTE: I tested these in duels and I will be refferening to SPECIFIC Banter that Orochi has with his faction. It only ocures during the first round in duels and then the banter switches to GENERIC banter.

Aramusha - Doesn't matter what Aramusha says to him, Orochi is just silent. Is this intended or a bug?

Nobushi - It doesn't matter what Nobushi says to Orochi, his response will ALLWAYS BE THE SAME: "This is your last dance? (I'm not sure about the last word, sounds mumbled and not understandable. Almost like instead of dance you can hear the word guess...)

Orochi (male) - Same 1 voice line. Nothing special, sounds really dull and uninspired.

Shugoki: It's always: "Come at me big guy" or "Hello Demon" (I addresed problem with this particular response).

Kensei: one of the Orochies responds is: "Nice nodachi". (the word nodachi is pronounced wrong. Orochi says it like:"Nodasi" while it really sound like Noda-(ć)ch-i). Other banters are fine.

So, to end this topic, I don't like where they went with the Orochi. It just doesn't suit him. Who ever did a voice on him, I and everybody else respects the work and time invested to do that, but, the banter voicelines just don't fit. Some of them are poorly written too... Please, Ubi, can something be done with this? Male Orochi needs to be fixed ASAP...

Justicator
09-07-2018, 01:04 PM
Sadly, as it is apparent form the last den, the devs are "fine" with the work that has been done and the voice actors as well as the new voices will probably say. Pope's newest reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9dnppk/a_note_from_pope/) simply confirms what I have been worrying; they say that they want feedback, but when the feedback is negative (or in the case of the new voices EXTREMELY NEGATIVE) they simply deflect. In this particular case, Pope said basically nothing about the voices, and even defended Damien (who is rightly getting a lot of hate thanks to his lawbringer statement), while at the same time telling the entire community that we should focus our feedback on breach and other stuff. I'm telling you right now, that if a ton of posts come out that the breach mode is, (I don't personally know, haven't played it, but for the sake of argument) boring, uninspired or whatever, I am telling you, UBI would just disregard that feedback as well. Just look at how many quality posts have already been made concerning the core mechanics and specific hero balances. What did UBI do about all of that? Nothing. Instead they proceeded with rebalancing the old cast by giving everyone 500ms lights and more unblockables/more dependency on unblockables. Does anyone here honestly still believe that Ubi care's about their game or its consumers. If it did, the game would be in a very different state than it is now, and UBI would instantly scrape some of the biggest atrocities they did with their new voice over work after the forums and reddit exploded these past few days...

Baturai
09-07-2018, 01:46 PM
orochi Voice has been recorded in the Toilett i guess while he was Taking a ****. Sorry its very Disgusting. Not happy At All... wardens voice is the Burner 😬😆 he sounds like mmorpg Hero

Matanuro
09-07-2018, 04:08 PM
Sadly as everything is, I still want to believe that things can change and that we, as a community can make some progress togather with the devs. If these situations continue on, and I mean these outbursts which are completly excused and rightful, than I think that the game will lose the majority of it's playerbase. As someone who saw the game rise and fall, who gets hyped about every new thing about it, I'm really saddened that it has come to this. Also, on the stream it was mentioned by Roman if I'm not mistaken, that they are gonna change and overhaoul some of the concepts of the looks for osme of the old cast to be more fitting with these changes to characters. I think, if they make the same mistake and fail with it, the game will be ruined and I really don't know what could you do to atone for that.

I get why Mr.Eric Pope reacted like that. I really do. There are some hatefull comments that are definetly out of place. But a lot of that feedback is constructive criticism that only there to tell you what's wrong and what needs to be changed. Devs, if you are listening, and I mean really listening andif you are dedicated as much as you say you are, you will find a solution that will be good for everybody. There are suggestions to introduce toggle old voice options on/ff. Which I think is good solution for starters. If you want a good community, you need to adapt. Sure, the community can be toxic and if we look at a history of FH, most of the time, it was. But, as Mr.Pope said, we''ve come far and made this community a better place. Devs, and some players too, please, do not ruin it. If you truly want the best experience, maybe try when you get cool new ideas like this Responsive Dialog System (RDS), maybe try to tell us more about it, don't hide it. And don't be afraid to show us the constant progress about it. If you had shown us just mere examples of some of the things (Wardens new voice, Orochies, etc...) you would have got that necesery feedback long time ago and then you could adjust accordingly and all of this would be avoided. Please Devs, if any of you are listening, take notes. Make a seperete Corner on Warriors Den if need be that would showcase just that. Some Work In Progress things, ideas that tell and show WHAT YOU REALLY THINK AND WANT. I think it would benefit all.

lNogardl
09-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Oh my god.. i can't believe i just heard that, i HAVE to switch genders on Warden now because i CANNOT listen to that male voice, holy **** that's so bad. I really hope they don't go through with this.

Matanuro
09-07-2018, 04:51 PM
lNogardl I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but they ARE going through with that. It has been said on Warriors Den and, as Justicator said, they are OK with it. Clearly, WE, as a community would beg to differ and disagree upon that. It's just, wrong. I don't mind the changes, I mind that those changes are poorly executed. Quality of it should have been much, much better. If this was a work of a modder or some indie dev team, I still probably wouldn't like it, but I could understand why it couldn't be better. This is UBISOFT we are talking about. Multimilioner company that CAN ahiece necesary cahnges ACCORDINGLY AND PROFFESIONALY. This is AAA type of game. Not Indie and not A class. This could have been done MUCH, MUCH better. Even without the original cast of voice actors, you could have hired some that could get the job done rightly.

dinosaurlicker
09-07-2018, 08:00 PM
Moral of the story???

NEVER trust a ubi dev team unless they work on Assassinís Creed or Rainbow 6 Siege

lNogardl
09-07-2018, 08:43 PM
lNogardl I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but they ARE going through with that. It has been said on Warriors Den and, as Justicator said, they are OK with it. Clearly, WE, as a community would beg to differ and disagree upon that. It's just, wrong. I don't mind the changes, I mind that those changes are poorly executed. Quality of it should have been much, much better. If this was a work of a modder or some indie dev team, I still probably wouldn't like it, but I could understand why it couldn't be better. This is UBISOFT we are talking about. Multimilioner company that CAN ahiece necesary cahnges ACCORDINGLY AND PROFFESIONALY. This is AAA type of game. Not Indie and not A class. This could have been done MUCH, MUCH better. Even without the original cast of voice actors, you could have hired some that could get the job done rightly.

They literally went from the dude that voices Yasuo in League of legends to whatever the hell that is. Wardens current voice is so much better compared to this reworked one, you need to be smoking crack to think that the new one sounds better and it seems the devs are really taking something to think this is ok.

YoMemesAintDank
09-07-2018, 08:45 PM
yeah male orochi sounds unexperienced its needs work

Gastgrinder
09-07-2018, 09:00 PM
this is ubisoft balancing, better give the broken heroes a **** voice that no one is playing any more than getting a fair balance.
but i like the new voices, what do I do now?

TSCDescon
09-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Lol.

Glad I donít have this game anymore. I do keep up with the WD though.

A boycott incoming for this game again it seems, with all this outburst.

ChampionRuby50g
09-07-2018, 10:57 PM
Roman says the new system is better, therefore it is and we arenít to have any say about. Heís also hearing all our feedback about this content, but theyíre not gonna do anything about it. The Ubisoft developers choose what we like and donít like now, and if you donít get used to it youíre gonna be dissapointed.

Horrible attitude for a developing team, when we as a community are the sole reason they are still in jobs.

dinosaurlicker
09-08-2018, 12:22 AM
Roman: Okay so our gameís balance is horrendous and has been for a year and a half. What do we do now?

Dev team: (silence)

Brand New Intern: leTs cHanGe aLL tHe VoIcE LiNES

Dev team: (chorus of applause)

Roman: Are we all in agreement that we are **** at balancing the game so we should waste time and money doing something unproductive?

Dev team: YEA!!!!!!