PDA

View Full Version : Steel/Salvage refund for pre-skill system upgraded gear

Cyroy95
09-06-2018, 01:11 PM
Just opened up the Marching Fire Open Beta to check out what skills my gear would translate to on certain of my characters and as I expected no less, it has completely ****ed over the builds I was using. This means that all gear I currently own has to be freaking salvaged and I have to grind all over again for the gear I need, the steel and salvage to upgrade it. So I would appreciate it if this could be refunded as I am sure there are plenty of people that have paid for steel and now have tons of gear that has become useless to them because of your update.

Vakris_One
09-06-2018, 01:27 PM
A steel refund would be nice. But what would be better is if they let us manually choose which perks we want on the gear that is equipped on our heroes at the time of the Marching Fire update. That way we don't have to mess around with grinding gear all over again, wasting steel on upgrading it again and wasting steel on applying visuals all over again when we can simply pick and choose the perks we want on our already equipped gear.

voiddp
09-06-2018, 01:29 PM
No compensations was announced only this: (if you don't already know it)

They will migrate gear so you will have fully equipped 2-3 random perks of available on all of yours 3 sets of gear equipped on character in the moment of change.
Gear upgrades levels will be still there. Refinement goes from 1 to lvl2, from 2 to level4.
So you can have at least 3 full builds for your characters even if they will be random. There are only 7 perks per character available so with 3 tries you can get at least 1 nice build with normal luck.

Only gear in inventory will gain perk parts by total random.

DefiledDragon
09-06-2018, 01:35 PM
Well I've lost 4 rep from various characters. What the hell is going on? Have they reset the servers to last week or something?

Vakris_One
09-06-2018, 01:47 PM

They will migrate gear so you will have fully equipped 2-3 random perks of available on all of yours 3 sets of gear equipped on character in the moment of change.
Gear upgrades levels will be still there. Refinement goes from 1 to lvl2, from 2 to level4.
So you can have at least 3 full builds for your characters even if they will be random. There are only 7 perks per character available so with 3 tries you can get at least 1 nice build with normal luck.

Yes but I would like to manually choose which perks get installed on my equipped gear rather than have the game do a dice roll and install some random perks on my best gear. Even with 3 character outfitting slots equipped I'll still need to mess around burning steel if the RNG screws me with a useless perk here and a useless perk there.

Well I've lost 4 rep from various characters. What the hell is going on? Have they reset the servers to last week or something?
The test servers use backed up save game states and thus are usually a couple of days behind your progress in the live game.

Cyroy95
09-06-2018, 01:50 PM

Yes and I've seen my dice roll gear already and everything I currently own I can go ahead and salvage already. I need completely new loadouts on all my characters. Or in other words an incredible ammount of steel and salvage wasted.

I either want to pick the skills myself or want a refund because I'm being completely ****ed over by the new system at the moment.

Charmzzz
09-06-2018, 02:05 PM
I am in Gear-Gathering Mode since they released the Info about the new Perk System. I keep every piece of Gear with 1-2 Diamonds, so when the Update hits I have enough to build at least one decent build on my Characters.

Tyrjo
09-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Steel compensation?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kiLHoxNDW7I/maxresdefault.jpg

voiddp
09-06-2018, 04:52 PM
why the laught lol
they gave compensations for server problems. They give free steel for "faction orders". They can give it here too... it will be just as small as usual lol

Tyrjo
09-06-2018, 05:56 PM
why the laught lol
they gave compensations for server problems. They give free steel for "faction orders". They can give it here too... it will be just as small as usual lol

This is the second time they update gear to have your old stuff "worthless". Not counting refinements two steps.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-06-2018, 06:09 PM
As I have said on many previous topics, bunch of thieves. Not just that they already screwed us for a lot of steel but they keep screwing casual players who don't follow everything about the game by continuing to charge steel for something that is almost worthless at this point. Shady business practice from Ubisoft, like usual.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-06-2018, 09:57 PM
As I have said on many previous topics, bunch of thieves. Not just that they already screwed us for a lot of steel but they keep screwing casual players who don't follow everything about the game by continuing to charge steel for something that is almost worthless at this point. Shady business practice from Ubisoft, like usual.
Yea didn't think about that. Considering it was recently pit on Xbox gold that is a shifty move.

dinosaurlicker
09-07-2018, 12:05 AM
Looool why did you spend extra money on a ubi game?

SliccKeeper
10-19-2018, 01:20 AM
That's wonderful
Everyone laugh when you should all be up in arms about it... I didn't spend hundreds of thousands of steel changing the way my sets work for ubisoft to just take it away and give me **** to spend more steel on

We should all be up in arms then they will have to compensate us

Archaelion
10-19-2018, 02:59 AM
You've already been compensated. They gave you 5 crates.

mann61299
10-19-2018, 08:30 AM
Looool why did you spend extra money on a ubi game?

This was my mistake as well, but lesson learned. I won't ever do that again.

mann61299
10-19-2018, 08:35 AM
That's wonderful
Everyone laugh when you should all be up in arms about it... I didn't spend hundreds of thousands of steel changing the way my sets work for ubisoft to just take it away and give me **** to spend more steel on

We should all be up in arms then they will have to compensate us

They won't compensate...but this isn't the same game anymore. It sucks now. Amazing that it could go from being my favorite game with hours spent each day...to a game I have zero desire to play now.

SliccKeeper
11-01-2018, 07:15 PM
So nobody really cares that they just slapped your cheeks and didn't even call you after?
No wonder they are satisfied that "there isn't call for reimbursement within the community"

The_B0G_
11-01-2018, 07:55 PM
I've been posting about it for weeks, they don't seem to give a crap. They have been ignoring feedback since MF released. Either way it's probably the end for this game for me. The game has turned into something else completely, I loved year one, but so far year two feels like Dynasty Warriors, and it seems to be the direction they want to take it into. All I know is I'm not starting to gear up from scratch across 7 heroes after spending 600 hours doing it the first time. Totally killed my ambition to play this game. We got 5 crates for hundreds upon hundreds of hours of playing getting wiped clean, what else can you expect from a bunch of Habs fans though.

Illyrian_King
11-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Lol isn't it obvious folks?

The point was never about balancing stuff by getting rid of gear stats ... or maybe it was just a littlish secondary point.

The real point is to make people pay for the MF expansion. Nobody cares about Arcade and the Heroes can already be purchased with steel now.
60k steel or 30 bucks?

Everybody can easily effort 60k steel ... BUT what if you need to build your gear up again from scratch, get a halloween event with 10k emotes, masks and stuff.

Long story short meaning: It was to make you buy MF.

The devs know very well that 5 crappy crates don't compensate ruining our builds.

Btw.: I had a full inventory for my main and 80% of the gear pieces had the same perk.
I needed some steel and and crates to get it done again, but fortunately I mostly play just Lawbringer so the damage wasn't very high.

DefiledDragon
11-01-2018, 10:05 PM
The thing that pisses me off the most about the perks system is that every single piece of gear I loot needs to be upgraded before I can get any benefit from it. That means spending steel and salvage. The thing that pisses me off next is that each perk on a piece of gear has to be upgraded separately, so instead of just upgrading the gear and increasing the contribution to both potential perks, you have to upgrade each one. It's a completely transparent effort to sell more steel packs in my opinion. Fortunately 95% of the perks aren't worth a squirt of piss so I'm not missing out by not uipgrading them.

Illyrian_King
11-02-2018, 01:27 AM
The new perks are indeed worthless!

It was "intended" by the devs, to close the gap between high and low rep ;b

Now gear is basically worthless and just farming for cosmetics clearly doesn't give it to me, eventhough the new skins look nice.

I enjoy the new content and hope for more, but I have nothing to grind for right now!