PDA

View Full Version : Is it always the same convoy?

nx02nx02nx02
03-26-2005, 04:52 AM
The convoy always seems to be the same give or take a couple ships.

I have been playing the game since release and I only see 1 convoy.

Have you seen any different ones or is this the only 1 in the game?

The one with 4 c3 American ships in the rear, 1 tanker in the middle, maybe 2 etc.

If you have seen a different convoy please do share. Got a pic?

Also is there anywhere else in the game that's good to hunt other than west of Britain? AM etc?

Doesnt seem to be any reason to go anywhere else.

Where is the best place to find a battleship?

Is there anywhere in the game that has alot of tankers?

nx02nx02nx02
03-26-2005, 04:52 AM
The convoy always seems to be the same give or take a couple ships.

I have been playing the game since release and I only see 1 convoy.

Have you seen any different ones or is this the only 1 in the game?

The one with 4 c3 American ships in the rear, 1 tanker in the middle, maybe 2 etc.

If you have seen a different convoy please do share. Got a pic?

Also is there anywhere else in the game that's good to hunt other than west of Britain? AM etc?

Doesnt seem to be any reason to go anywhere else.

Where is the best place to find a battleship?

Is there anywhere in the game that has alot of tankers?

Capt.LoneRanger
03-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Of course. I had convoys with 3 one time 4 troop transporters, different kind of tankers and very different protection. (ranging from 1 armed trawler for a convoy consisting of coastal ships to 2 SubHunters and 3 medium destroyers)

The best locations for convoys depend on the year you play. Gibraltar is nice, but dangerous, north of scotland are some smaller convoys, but mostly sole ships, slightly north is the route to Russia, west of spain the route from England to Afrika&MediteranianSea.

Kayotik82
03-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Id assume that convoy's vary in distinction. It might possibly be just how the game was designed, maybe you just keep running into the same spot.
As far as battleships, I just got done playing my 6th patrol (well still in the middle of it) My destination is AM57, I think. As I was passing by Portsmouth at night, I ran across 2 battleships and 3 destroyers passing in the opposite direction, needless to say I kept going because I wanted to make it to my patrolling zone, and had already sunk 1 destroyer that was harassing me (serves him right) en route. Now that I think of it, I wish I had engaged the battleships, because I dont know when Ill have the next opportunity to do so.

nx02nx02nx02
Wow that's awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Simmoxx
i ran into a task force in 41 around the west coast of ireland
got a 36000 ton nelson class battleship at 4000 meters travelling at 21 knts
2 of the best torp shots ever...only had 2 or i woulda let all 4 go
there was at least 2 battleships a few cruisers?
plenty of destroyers and a nightmare trying to escape the carnage afterwards
most emjoyable experience so far
and i just happened to be in U 47 to boot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

nx02nx02nx02
03-26-2005, 05:06 AM
Battleships must be really rare maybe there is only a couple in the entire game?

Simmoxx
03-26-2005, 05:16 AM
i havent seen any since
but if there travelling at 21 knts its gonna be a lucky day indeed to be able to maneuver into a firing position and get some hits
they have a distinctive sound on sonar too,,,

i wasnt sure 2 torps would do the job,i was 100% realism so i could only dive and listen,,imagine my joy when i could hear the bulkheads of a large ship breaking up,,,,awesome

RedTerex
03-26-2005, 05:17 AM
Found a HX Convoy that had a majority of Merchants ships all carrying Sherman tanks !

I only had 3 topredoes left, and aaarghhh ! I missed all of these tank carriers and only hit smaller merchants instead.

Well done Dev Team those graphics of the Shermans onboard were awesome and WELL detailed.
congrats !