PDA

View Full Version : X-52 questions

Cooter20051966
01-29-2006, 03:27 AM
I picked up a Saitek X-52 this weekend and I could use some advice as to how to keymap and how to get some axis to work. I trying to set the slider on throttle for zooming in, but do I use "band" or "axis" to do this. Right now I have it set to band [I followed instructions on how to do this] but it doesn't work when I try it out. I also put the map button on the throttle to see if it would work, no luck. Also, does anyone know if there is a site that uses visual aid in how to key map and setting up in axis or band. I did check for past post with out luck. Good day and thnx in advance. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Cooter20051966
01-29-2006, 03:27 AM
I picked up a Saitek X-52 this weekend and I could use some advice as to how to keymap and how to get some axis to work. I trying to set the slider on throttle for zooming in, but do I use "band" or "axis" to do this. Right now I have it set to band [I followed instructions on how to do this] but it doesn't work when I try it out. I also put the map button on the throttle to see if it would work, no luck. Also, does anyone know if there is a site that uses visual aid in how to key map and setting up in axis or band. I did check for past post with out luck. Good day and thnx in advance. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

notamuppet
01-29-2006, 04:18 AM
Hi. Try here http://www.saitekforum.com/index.php?

NonWonderDog
01-29-2006, 05:40 AM
I just did the exact thing on my X-52 last night. You have to set up 13 bands on the slider, try 5-6% for the first and last and 7-8% for the others.

Then, you have to bind 13 separate keys in game, one for each FOV setting (this includes "Gunsight View," "Normal View," and "Wide View"). I used the top row of the keyboard, `1234567890-=BKSP. This might not be the best, since for some reason the radio menu doesn't disable the FOV keys -- the FOV changes as you send radio messages, but it's no big deal.

Then, just right click on each band and create a new MACRO for each, counting up through the FOV keys. It's important that you use a macro instead of a keypress here; if you use a keypress it will be the equivalent of holding the key for the selected FOV down all the time, which will cause problems.

It's a bit easier if you use some other button slot in the profile editor to make all the macros, actually. It's hard to name a function after you put it in an axis band.

I've done that and it really works well. SA increases immensely when you can quickly focus on a target.

To get any of this to work, of course, you have to select the profile. Either right click on the icon and choose, or you can actually use the hat switch to choose profiles. Hold down the info button and use hat switch 1 to navigate to and select your profile. Hat up and down move through the directory, hat right selects a profile or directory, and hat left deselects the profile or goes up one directory. This is *supposed* to let you change profiles ingame, but it doesn't actually work when any cpu intensive program is running...

After changing a profile, you have to unload it and then load it again.