PDA

View Full Version : Developer Update: Health Drain Challenge!

ItsJustBuck
09-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Hey everyone! It’s Buck from Redlynx, and I’m back with another weekly Developer Update. Today we’ll recap the 24 hour ‘Upgrade Mania’ event, talk about this week’s challenge event that started today and talk about this weekend’s event!

THIS WEEK

This week, we had our latest Legendary season reset! Where did you finish? If you make your way back into Legendary, keep an eye out for the “Welcome Back to Legendary” pack next week!

We also had our first 24-hour event that was not a card usage event and the first 24-hour event to grant only neutral upgrade items. How did you like the change? Do you prefer card usage events for the 24-hour events or was this a nice change? Let us know down below.

CHALLENGE MODE

We have a brand new challenge mode this week called Health Drain. It’s time to get out your favorite tanks and fighters, because all units will have 2x health but they will lose 15 health per second and there will also be 2x energy regeneration. I wouldn’t recommend using swarms or assassins this week, as they’ve got smaller health pools that will drain quite quickly! I look forward to seeing some of the decks you all come up with!

The rewards and retry costs will also be the same as last week’s challenge.

PALADIN BUTTERS

This weekend, you must pledge your loyalty to the mighty Paladin Butters. This event will be a card usage event. This means, you will need to win matches using selected cards in PvP in order to gain points and open event packs. As usual, there will be both Solo and Team packs to open. So make sure you join your team before the event starts (which is usually 12 UTC), in order to be able to claim those team packs.

There cards for this event are:

Paladin Butters
Rogue Token
Shieldmaiden Wendy
Dogpoo
Sexy Nun Randy
Storyteller Jimmy
Cyborg Kenny

This weekend’s event will run from Friday(~12 UTC) to Monday(~12 UTC).

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS

Reward Tier
Points Required

[/tr]

TEAM REWARDS

Reward Tier
Points Required

We’ve also got a bit of exciting news for this weekend’s event. This weekend, the “best loot” in lockers will have up to DOUBLE the amount of materials. The chance for double materials will increase based on your PvP rank. Players in the Legendary arena will have guaranteed double materials in the “best loot” and the chance for double materials goes down as the PvP ranks go lower, so if you're not already in Legendary, now is a great time to make the jump.

DEVELOPER STREAM

There will be no Developer Stream this week, as we’ve got a few members of the stream team out of office. We’ll have info about the next stream in a future Developer Update, so keep your eyes out for that!

One last thing, we’re planning a gift for next week, as a way to kick off the new season and as a “Thank You!” to our awesome community! The gift will contain 150 Cash, 2000 coins and 100 assorted upgrade items. Keep an eye out for that next week.

That’s all the news I have for now. As usual, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them with us. We love hearing from our players!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
Buck🦌, Steve🚀 and Toller🐶

TIMMAH1997
09-05-2018, 02:03 PM
We were told server side is coming at the end of summer. I believe now, it is Autumn. Where is server side, or any news of server side?

B3gbie
09-05-2018, 02:21 PM
"We also had our first 24-hour event that was not a card usage event and the first 24-hour event to grant only neutral upgrade items. How did you like the change? Do you prefer card usage events for the 24-hour events or was this a nice change?"

This was the most ******ed change ever.
I already have a firm dislike for locker based events due to daily locker limits as well as the massive RNG element of lockers. Applying this basis to a 24 hour event is idiotic; about an hour before the event started, I normally hit my daily locker limit and have a 21 hour timer before I can open my next locker, factoring in sleep, its lucky I could participate in this event at all.

I'm not someone who just gives negative feedback without suggesting a solution, so here are a couple:

a) Communicate your plans with more than 1 hour notice of the start of the event. ALSO requires a locker limit countdown.
b) Remove locker limits
c) Allow opening of lockers AFTER hitting the limit, but all loot is only event tokens.

testiclicles
09-05-2018, 02:58 PM
I like card usage for the 24 hour event, but maybe break it up every 4 or 5 times with a collection event.

I'll always prefer card usage for the weekend event. Gets monotonous using the same best deck, there's too much luck in collecting the items from lockers, and it's fun to try out other cards I don't use so often in the card usage events.

It's the ppl who've only upgraded 1 or 2 themes who'll sook about card usage events.

Kidpump
09-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Upgrade Items for the 24h collection event were great. But there should be more items in the packs.

LoverboySmith
09-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Why cants ya have a podium for the team contest just like ya do for the leading Card Donaters . Let's not be Cheap & Irresponsible like a bunch of a Los Angeles Free Abortion Feminist or something ? Man O Man , Lordy ! Love the Game ! Thanks !

h3adsh0t13579
09-05-2018, 04:29 PM
I actually really liked the 24 event especially bc it was neutral mats. I’m sure for many players these are the most need materials bedsides maybe their Main theme.. I don’t think it matters too much if it’s lockers or card events. I’d be happy if most of these 24 hr events are neutral.

However I really think the problem lies with common cards... most common cards that people have upgraded through they’re time playing are almost not even relevant now. Cards like Heidi and sherrif cartman used be be some of the best to get a decent push off but now at level 6 and 5 it is almost like they are low level cards playing and get shredded by one hookhand Clyde. As I do like the idea of the update, making epics and legd more “epic and legendary”, it seems like it just made that game more unbalanced and forced a majority of people to change their decks. I do believe the new epic meta is how the game should have been all along, but I believe it is crucial to give a slight buff back to the common cards in order to make the game as balanced as possible.

Hopefully you get this feedback and thank you.

Void_Away-
09-05-2018, 04:51 PM
My honest feelings about this challenge is that it has to be the least appealing challenge so far, too slow paced for my taste, at least this time I won't feel bad about not being able to rejoin with the new rejoin fee.

Since there is no stream for a consecutive second week, I must ask what someone already asked, what about the server side, you guys blame many of the bugs on lag, then the server side should solve something right, just say something about it please.

c_j_rich
09-05-2018, 04:52 PM
I really don't like locker events and my team doesn't either. There's a locker limit, it's just a luck and grind event that's boring/frustrating and your lockers stop having good loot in them. I'd rather have no event at all. The card points events have you mix up your deck a little and you still get the locker loot, they are much better. Maybe take a few of the popular one day contests and turn them into weekend events? These locker events just kill the whole game until they're finished.

l1styx1l
09-05-2018, 04:54 PM
Fix your servers. It is outrageous that you up the cost for challenge mode but penalize us because your servers blow. 3 strikes 2 of them because your stupid servers disconnect every other game. No one is going to spend the cash to do this challenge mode when we get penalized for things beyond our control. Fix. Your. Dumb. Servers.

nyajinsky
09-05-2018, 05:57 PM
the locker one day event wasn't that bad. you needed only a few of the caskets and once I got my pvp pack I was close to the second pack already. one day material events are good but... the materials hardly enable you to make one upgrade of only one of the cards. it isn't really a must to do event since it's not that worth it. still better than nothing. but the cards need really a lot of materials for just one upgrade after let's say, lvl 4. that sucks. wish there would be double of it not only in tuesdays, but also in weekend events. please consider that. it would make people upgrade other cards than only the 12 they use.

the gift, will it be only for legendary players or for everyone? cause the 100 materials sound gooood. (hopefully it will be ... every season? pretty please...)

tbh, I wouldn't mind tuesdays being locker events and weekends being card events. that would be really nice.

and since you didn't make this event neutral (which I hoped for), and only give materials for only one theme, can't neutral materials/cards be included as well? in each of those events? or you know... having an event for themselves. it's a big theme now too.

JR0MER0
09-05-2018, 07:45 PM
My honest feelings about this challenge is that it has to be the least appealing challenge so far, too slow paced for my taste, at least this time I won't feel bad about not being able to rejoin with the new rejoin fee.

Since there is no stream for a consecutive second week, I must ask what someone already asked, what about the server side, you guys blame many of the bugs on lag, then the server side should solve something right, just say something about it please.

I actually thought this was one of the funnest (and funniest) challenge modes yet. For me it felt fast paced with the double energy regen and you really had to put some thought into what cards you want to play. It was hilarious to see someone throw out a Dougie which went untouched and watch it disintegrate in front of my New Kid before even getting a hit in. I made the mistake of using Cyborg Kenny and he kept dying before anyone could even hit him. I usually don't have trouble taking out Man Bear Pig without an insta-kill card, but he cost me a couple games this time around. I felt it was a refreshing change from people spamming the same low cost assassins every game and I'm loving the challenge mode so far.

Aziin
09-05-2018, 08:07 PM
I lost event 3x without playing.
"Awaiting Adversary" ¬¬

Void_Away-
09-06-2018, 12:08 AM
I felt it was a refreshing change from people spamming the same low cost assassins every game and I'm loving the challenge mode so far.

Yea actually trying with another account wasn't as bad as the first time, it was a funny twist, maybe sometimes for the wrong reasons but I see how you could have fun, the rejoin cost is way too high though, I insist that there should be 2 different fees and maybe 2 corresponding leader boards, a challenge with 10 cost with modest rewards and the current 50 one.

Enough of the challenge though, I insist dear community managers, there's no stream again so no chance for me to ask this question, do we have a word on the server side or we should assume it's not coming and we have to settle (or not) with the sudden lag surges.

IdeaDude8008
09-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Yo can I ask for a little more solo stuff to do just asking what your ideas would be let me know but what do think about having kind super trading with certain people for epics and legend cards like you get something I get something I want but limit it too have a thing wit more controls like walls or defences and character attachment that be cool to try an see what u could come up with last thing can we get like aliens like the grey men to do stuff and course superheroes ps give me some then cool as manbearpig

Lluks117
09-06-2018, 12:36 PM
About the double materials in the 'best loot' from lockers during the event, is that because of this that my 'best loot' are suddenly all garbage since yesterday? Maybe I just got unlucky, or maybe (and more likely) you just nerfed lockers loot before double them during weekend.

Am not affirming anything here, but it remind me something that happened lately.. can't put my finger on it..

Ubi-Toller
09-06-2018, 02:45 PM
Nothing in the lockers has been nerfed.

Void_Away-
09-06-2018, 03:37 PM
About the double materials in the 'best loot' from lockers during the event, is that because of this that my 'best loot' are suddenly all garbage since yesterday? Maybe I just got unlucky, or maybe (and more likely) you just nerfed lockers loot before double them during weekend.

Am not affirming anything here, but it remind me something that happened lately.. can't put my finger on it..

It's just like throwing the ball through Jennifer Love Hewitt's mouth.

Judgement_Hound
09-07-2018, 12:23 AM
Suggestions to improve the legendary and keep players from wanting to drop out:

1. If you are going to pull a character card from locker, then the minimum for each tier (accounting for the change in meta) should be as follows:

4x common, 3x rare, 2x epic, 1 legendary.
(eliminate the chance to get 1 common and 1 rare. It’s a slap in the face... If I wanted crappy lockers, then I could have stayed in silver shield where it’s easy...)

2. Allow legendary players to open 1 or 2 additional lockers.

3. Do a weekly stimulus pack of about 20 random upgrade materials for legendary rank only.

A suggestion to improve player morale.
1. Stop showing blatant greed by only offering “deals” that start at 2000 cartman cash or $20.00 US. Toss some $1.99 - $4.99 deals out there more often.

DarthCh3f
09-07-2018, 03:06 AM
There's no 2x health for the units, bozos.

garrettlstewart
09-07-2018, 07:28 AM
Maybe stop deranking and it'll take you longer than 3 hours to hit the locker limit?!?

garrettlstewart
09-07-2018, 07:32 AM
How come I only get Legendary like once every three months from a locker? Most the others on my team pull 3-4x as many legendary card from lockers?

garrettlstewart
09-07-2018, 07:33 AM
I've been doing way better with epics lately. Just going through a cold spell bro.

Cornered_Pony
09-07-2018, 04:11 PM
Can you please stop doing themed packs for weekend events? Not sure why this is a thing now. I want a chance to get mats and cards from all themes during these events. Basically have very little interest in the event if I don’t use that theme.

JR0MER0
09-07-2018, 04:59 PM
There's no 2x health for the units, bozos.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Actually, I think they accidentally applied the 2x to the health degen (30/sec instead of 15/sec) because almost any spawned assassin or lower health unit died almost instantly. I literally saw someone throw a lvl 3 Dougie at me and it died untouched before even reaching my New Kid. I made the mistake of using a Cyborg Kenny and even when I spawned him in front of an enemy unit, he would die before he even got hit. That being said, I actually enjoyed the event, if nothing else just for the laughs :)

JR0MER0
09-07-2018, 09:29 PM
Can you please stop doing themed packs for weekend events? Not sure why this is a thing now. I want a chance to get mats and cards from all themes during these events. Basically have very little interest in the event if I don’t use that theme.

I actually like the themed packs, but that's because I like to switch my decks around and use all themes. I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you don't like the themed event, then just don't participate in that weekend's event, it's that simple. Would you rather grind every weekend and only get a fraction of cards that you actually use or grind one or two weekends a month and get just the cards that you use? It seems like what you're asking would actually make things harder for you.

buddyguy88
09-08-2018, 07:28 AM
I love these type of events, hate the locker events. The extra or double materials in the lockers is a great thing. I really hope it can be permanent. It will give a incentive for people to stop deranking hopefully. It might not seem like much but over a couple days it adds up getting 9 prayer beads then 12 then 7 = 28 total and you get maybe arrowheads and mages tome alien hands too about 20 or so each of those too over a entire weekend and that is much much better than before

LoverboySmith
09-08-2018, 04:53 PM
The card stat spreadsheet is no longer being updated . This is most valuable & an intergal part of the game . More so with the new challenge mode . I use this list almost daily as a rookie . Please help the folks who made it or create another spreadsheet . IT'S IMPORTANT ! VERY IMPORTANT ! PLEASE DON'T BE DOG POO ABOUT THIS

camelchasers
09-10-2018, 08:22 AM
Nice work with the upgraded lockers this weekend. Make it permanent please! This is the first time that rewards in legendary have actually felt appropriate.

Cornered_Pony
09-13-2018, 12:24 AM
I actually like the themed packs, but that's because I like to switch my decks around and use all themes. I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you don't like the themed event, then just don't participate in that weekend's event, it's that simple. Would you rather grind every weekend and only get a fraction of cards that you actually use or grind one or two weekends a month and get just the cards that you use? It seems like what you're asking would actually make things harder for you.

Yes, that’s why I asked to not do themed weekend events. I like the variety I can get in weekly events, and would always complete them before the themed events. Pretty obvious I don’t have to participate in an event that is not in a theme I use. That needed to be mentioned? I mentioned it similarly in my message when I pointed out I have no interest in particular themed events. Your post was pointless, but thanks for the response.