PDA

View Full Version : help me with aramusha

SeleucusIII
09-03-2018, 01:55 PM
It seems like I can't do much with Aramusha.
I don't have an opening, I don't have dodge attack to punish unblockables. My heavy feints are easy to read and the "down block" is very hard to pull off and not very rewarding. The only thing I can do is parry and interrupt my opponent with lights. What am I doing wrong? Is there something that I miss? Can you help me with this hero?

Pankivtanke
09-03-2018, 02:33 PM
you missing nothing, Aramusha in his state now need some kind of rework, he have only light feints and fullblock punish, which is isnt enought to fight good players. So for now he is only for stomp new players

RexXZ347
09-03-2018, 02:53 PM
There is nothing wrong with what you are doing. Aramusha is 2nd to the worst hero after shugoki. No opener. Telegraphic chains. High risk low reward blade blockade. A noob stomper. Can be shutdown by just blocking, bashing, dodge attacking, block attacking or block shoving. On average gameplay you can't compete with A/S tier characters. I am mostly having 13/8 kill/deaths ratio. He needs a rework after shugoki. With the dynasty warriors faction coming. Shugoki and Aramusha will be only good for noob stomper and creep killings. With these weaknessess i have this idea of a rework/or a buff.

1)Unblockable Hyper Armored Heavy Finisher - to open turtles, to attempt them into parrying instead of just blocking. Can be feinted into side lights but no guaranteed top light or a gb. Can trade damage because of hyper armor

2) A neutral opener - another opener to counter bashers.

3) Untelegraphic chains - aramusha can be shutdown by turtling and blocking. Wait to block then bash/shove/counter attack/dodge attack. With this, aramusha wouldn't be easily blocked.

4) Dodge attacks - remove the aramusha side forward dash attacks and make it a dodge attack.

5) Blade blockade 383ms duration will have a startup at 300ms from 400ms.

6) Reversed Zone - instead of a light then an unblockable zone. It will start as an unblockable zone and feintable to a light. Like a raider stunning tap.

This is just an idea. So don't get mad. And it will put aramusha at A tier to S tier.

EvoX.
09-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Aramusha is among the top 3 worst heroes in the game... it's normal that you're having difficulty using him against any non-newbie players.

DefiledDragon
09-03-2018, 04:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrs5KvNOZ3M

RexXZ347
09-04-2018, 12:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrs5KvNOZ3M

prince oreo is a very skilled player. You can see it in the video. But as you can also notice he loses so much stamina and he is mostly at a OOS state. I had a word with him and he pointed out that aramusha needs alot of major rework.

DefiledDragon
09-04-2018, 12:45 AM
prince oreo is a very skilled player. You can see it in the video. But as you can also notice he loses so much stamina and he is mostly at a OOS state. I had a word with him and he pointed out that aramusha needs alot of major rework.

True, but you could see he was working the character's strengths. Constantly balancing his aggression against his stamina pool. He was constantly on the edge of OOS. I guarantee that the people who complain that Aramusha sucks or he "can't do anything" don't play him like that. Aramusha has a high skill floor. You need to be a really good player to get anything out of him. That's his issue. The only thing Ubi would be able to do to "improve" him is to dumb him down like they have with most of the roster at this point.

RexXZ347
09-04-2018, 12:50 AM
True, but you could see he was working the character's strengths. Constantly balancing his aggression against his stamina pool. He was constantly on the edge of OOS. I guarantee that the people who complain that Aramusha sucks or he "can't do anything" don't play him like that. Aramusha has a high skill floor. You need to be a really good player to get anything out of him. That's his issue. The only thing Ubi would be able to do to "improve" him is to dumb him down like they have with most of the roster at this point.

I agree. Aramusha indeed does have a high skill floor need. Alot of effort to do. I tried what prince oreo is doing and i realized that while i do 2x the effort other heroes just wait and do their 1-2 moves and at the end we almost end up with the same health. Aramusha needs twice the effort than pther characters just to compete. But with very skilled players he is deadly.

DefiledDragon
09-04-2018, 12:55 AM
I agree. Aramusha indeed does have a high skill floor need. Alot of effort to do. I tried what prince oreo is doing and i realized that while i do 2x the effort other heroes just wait and do their 1-2 moves and at the end we almost end up with the same health. Aramusha needs twice the effort than pther characters just to compete. But with very skilled players he is deadly.

He sure is. I think he's one of the strongest in the roster in the right hands.

Klingentaenz3r
09-04-2018, 12:43 PM
To come back to actually aid our OP here:

Look at Prince Oreo's channel and his gameplay. He is really the most magnificant aramusha I've seen online so far and he has next to his gameplay videos a very good guide on the aramusha too.

Other than that for starters;

-If your heavy feints are too easy to read, mix in hard cancels into GB. It is very quick and mixing things up can get you close to open your opponent up to get a hit in.

-What you don't see on Oreo's channel is that Aramusha can swap his heavy finisher to the opposite guard side before actually using it, from there you can deadly feint into the direction you came from and swap the heavy finisher to the other side again or perform it there. So there is actually a way not to go to top stance with aramusha. But it is really hard to pull off constantly. You can however use it at times to catch your opponents on the wrong foot.

-try whiffing your opening light with a backstep (Prince Oreo does that very often as you will see)

-use your zone occasionally and watch how they react to it. Cancel the second part into GB, heavies or light or even all block. Also let it rip from time to time but better condition them beforehand.

-often you can use his top dash attack with hyper armor to jump in for a trade and try to go from there into some mix up

-Utilize your 100 ms GB vulnerability on heavy startup to punish Parry fisher with a nice heavy to the face.

-If you have troubles with your all-block (blade blockade) from neutral I suggest to use it as a tool to break combos. Try to get used to use your all block once you get caught in a light chain and counter however quick the next follow up is (so even 400 ms orochi's second light) with your blade blockade options. It is indeed working and a pretty powerful tool many are not aware off. You just have to get used to not swapping your guard to normal block but counter chains based on reads and reaction.

-Also know that after a successful side heavy the top light is always confirmed.

-off a heavy parry you can always get a top heavy for 25 dmg the same as when you GB an opponent.

- wallplats guarantee side heavy to top light as well as light parries for 42 dmg

prince oreo is a very skilled player. You can see it in the video. But as you can also notice he loses so much stamina and he is mostly at a OOS state.

yup the stamina costs on blocks, his kick, his zone and especially hard feints are way too huge. It is really hard to get sth done with this restriction on top of his lacking opener option.

I also hate that every now so often his zone does not come out and instead a lame as heavy which gets parried and often costs me dearly.

Vakris_One
09-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Not quite true. His issue is that his kit offers him zero options to force a reaction and therefore he is one of the easiest characters to shut out completely simply by blocking him. Ubi can definitely flesh out his kit more without dumbing him down into a "one super strong move" type of easy mode hero.

For example:

- Let him soft cancel any heavy finisher into Ring the Bell - a very close quarters grab and stun which would work similiar to Glad's toe stab.

- Give him access to deadly feint immediately from his top heavy from neutral so he doesn't have to whiff his first light to get into his deadly feint game.

- Let him soft cancel side heavy finishers into his kick. Heck the Tiandi stole that shizz from Musha.

- Let him soft cancel his heavy finishers into his dash forward heavy to catch opponents who roll back.

And all of a sudden this character now has more variety of options and more depth to his kit while still being punishable on correct reads.

Klingentaenz3r
09-05-2018, 09:29 AM
These are actually pretty good ideas! The suggestion with ring the bell is pretty neat -> blind the opponent to weaken their guard.