PDA

View Full Version : Who thought it was a good idea?!

Elhantas
09-02-2018, 11:55 PM
I need a name to put the blame on this absurd orochi buff. His overly fast lights are not only demaging, but safe too! I have not been able to parry a single flipping light since the his upgrade came online.

Here i am in this time wasting tournament ranked mode(thought it was 1v1 ranked, was sadly mistaken) winning by skill and grit. No tricks, no cheese, by sheer trying and focusing. I'm total rep 56, can turtle up pretty well. Won every qualifier. Went into playoffs. Lost to a total rep 2 oroch, 3 to 1. I saw his constant rookie mistakes, unreactability to guard breaks, or any bashes if i had time to use them, but sadly they were far too few. He was just carried by orochi. He didnt even understand how he won. I simply cant attack against a constant barage of 400ms attacks. Its complete BS.

Who the **** designed it this way, or better yet, how does it even get passed testing fazes?! Does ubi even have those? Do you not listen to your beta testers? What are you excuses for putting these buffs online?! Is there one person to blame for this? Or a group of monkeys on type writers?

The only thing that got stuck in my head, when i was listening to the patch trailer, are the words: 'People will adapt' Thats one ****ed up way of thinking, meaning 'We can throw our ideas however we want'. You're not making the game fun. You're definitely not making it balanced. Yes, you share win rates of each character, but from the top 2%, well what about the rest of the 98%? You want to share that? You don't, because the new comers are bleeding dry in frustration. Gold/Plat are plagued with zone spamers or people who should not even be up that high due to being carryed only by the hero they picked, since none of the new comers are capable of defending themselves, so they get up'ed to gold/plat. What do you think it leaves you(the creators of the game) with? People who quit.

Going back on point. Probably the worst possible thing that you gave orochi, is the ability to continue his combos even after he got blocked. When attacks are almost flickering, and safe to use. Well... how do you beat that?
- You cant attack, hes faster, his hits will also stagger and let him land two more hits in.
- You cant turtle, because of the speed, he will eventualy wittle you down.
- You cant feint, while youre feintig an attack, you already got hit by a light/zone,
- Parrying his lights is the same as winning a lottery. You need to guess a random direction, timing, and hope the 30ms lags will allow it.

You simply cant make attacks fast for 1 character to a point where he stagger blows everyone away.

TL/DR
Orochi is ****ed up fast.
Warden needs that hyper armor removed from shoulder bash.
Gladatior/PeaceKeeper zones are basicaly free dmg, or zone attacks in general, with exceptions that should be the norm. Why the **** are they even supposed to be fast? IT SHOULD BE USED VS MINIONS in dominion not duels ffs.
Too slow patches/fixes come live to fix screwed up buffs.
Aramusha needs an opener since he was launched
Shugoki needs a complete overhaul.
Nobushi needs most of her numbers tweeked(i somehow think shes as slow as Shugoki)
Nobushi's Long-range prefix should be removed, or given her range back.
Centurion should not be able to kill a person of 1 guardbreak and a parry.
Raider needs hyper armor on his zone.
Warlord unlocking and running around like a maniac.
Berzerkers soft feint light, too fast.
Shaman actualy got balanced, so good job there.
Kensei's dodge heavy should not be able to be delayed as long as it is. Invulnerability frames on the dodges should also be lowered.
Shinobi... needs something? Not sure, they're near extinct.
Lawbringer should be considered a tank, not a hybrid.

Elhantas
09-02-2018, 11:58 PM
Forgot to mention

Highlander should not be able to feint his kick into grab. The grab should also have less tracking.

Arekonator
09-03-2018, 12:39 AM
You dont balance game around the less skilled players. If you do it ends up with low skill ceiling and therefore much more shallow gameplay.
Orochi opening lights are all 500ms which is completely standard speed for light. Only second light in combo is 400ms in every direction and finisher is 400ms only from top. He cant follow his combo if you block it. Every Average Joe i see can block it all day, i rarely see orochi actually land his lights unless its after kiai or parry. He still lacks proper opener.

Mighty_Mackerel
09-03-2018, 01:39 AM
I need a name to put the blame on this absurd orochi buff. His overly fast lights are not only demaging, but safe too! I have not been able to parry a single flipping light since the his upgrade came online.

Here i am in this time wasting tournament ranked mode(thought it was 1v1 ranked, was sadly mistaken) winning by skill and grit. No tricks, no cheese, by sheer trying and focusing. I'm total rep 56, can turtle up pretty well. Won every qualifier. Went into playoffs. Lost to a total rep 2 oroch, 3 to 1. I saw his constant rookie mistakes, unreactability to guard breaks, or any bashes if i had time to use them, but sadly they were far too few. He was just carried by orochi. He didnt even understand how he won. I simply cant attack against a constant barage of 400ms attacks. Its complete BS.

Who the **** designed it this way, or better yet, how does it even get passed testing fazes?! Does ubi even have those? Do you not listen to your beta testers? What are you excuses for putting these buffs online?! Is there one person to blame for this? Or a group of monkeys on type writers?

The only thing that got stuck in my head, when i was listening to the patch trailer, are the words: 'People will adapt' Thats one ****ed up way of thinking, meaning 'We can throw our ideas however we want'. You're not making the game fun. You're definitely not making it balanced. Yes, you share win rates of each character, but from the top 2%, well what about the rest of the 98%? You want to share that? You don't, because the new comers are bleeding dry in frustration. Gold/Plat are plagued with zone spamers or people who should not even be up that high due to being carryed only by the hero they picked, since none of the new comers are capable of defending themselves, so they get up'ed to gold/plat. What do you think it leaves you(the creators of the game) with? People who quit.

Going back on point. Probably the worst possible thing that you gave orochi, is the ability to continue his combos even after he got blocked. When attacks are almost flickering, and safe to use. Well... how do you beat that?
- You cant attack, hes faster, his hits will also stagger and let him land two more hits in.
- You cant feint, while youre feintig an attack, you already got hit by a light/zone,
- Parrying his lights is the same as winning a lottery. You need to guess a random direction, timing, and hope the 30ms lags will allow it.

You simply cant make attacks fast for 1 character to a point where he stagger blows everyone away.

TL/DR
Gladatior/PeaceKeeper zones are basicaly free dmg, or zone attacks in general, with exceptions that should be the norm. Why the **** are they even supposed to be fast? IT SHOULD BE USED VS MINIONS in dominion not duels ffs.
Nobushi needs most of her numbers tweeked(i somehow think shes as slow as Shugoki)
Kensei's dodge heavy should not be able to be delayed as long as it is. Invulnerability frames on the dodges should also be lowered.

Watch these time stamps:
0:13
0:42
2:04
2:34
2:55

https://youtu.be/nVAkOvC15VY

It is entirely possible to consistently parry Orochi light attacks, and I'm playing on console if that says anything. Just practice against bots in training mode and you will get better, you will.

Lord_Cherubi
09-03-2018, 01:55 AM
Watch these time stamps:
0:13
0:42
2:04
2:34
2:55

https://youtu.be/nVAkOvC15VY

It is entirely possible to consistently parry Orochi light attacks, and I'm playing on console if that says anything. Just practice against bots in training mode and you will get better, you will.

The definition of a rookie Orochi, spamming one or two moves and when they finally (after like a million years) realize that it just doesn't work, instead of adapting to the situation and figuring it out they start running just to be a ******...

Mighty_Mackerel
09-03-2018, 02:34 AM
The definition of a rookie Orochi, spamming one or two moves and when they finally (after like a million years) realize that it just doesn't work, instead of adapting to the situation and figuring it out they start running just to be a ******...

Although you are correct, it doesn't change the fact that his lights can still be parried as the video demonstrates. The OP stated that the Orochi he faced was only a rep 2 which implies the player was also a rookie Orochi, so what's the difference? Plus, I don't know about you, but I have also been able to parry other Orochi light attacks who where rep 30 and above because as Arekonator stated, the Orochi doesn't really have any other openings other than storm rush so even a pro Orochi can only do so much but the same predictable mix ups.

Baturai
09-03-2018, 02:59 AM
Orochi is trash. İf 400ms followup light is what makes him op in your Eyes. Please delete this game.
Just turtle v.s Orochi :/ thats all

Kalsiner
09-03-2018, 05:26 AM
Raider needs hyper armor on his zone

No just no...

ChampionRuby50g
09-03-2018, 07:06 AM
Raider hyper Armor and unblockable zone? Now thatís a joke

When raiders make that zone unparryable in 4v4 itíll make a already broken move even more broken.

Lord_Cherubi
09-03-2018, 07:35 AM
Although you are correct, it doesn't change the fact that his lights can still be parried as the video demonstrates. The OP stated that the Orochi he faced was only a rep 2 which implies the player was also a rookie Orochi, so what's the difference? Plus, I don't know about you, but I have also been able to parry other Orochi light attacks who where rep 30 and above because as Arekonator stated, the Orochi doesn't really have any other openings other than storm rush so even a pro Orochi can only do so much but the same predictable mix ups.

Now that time has passed since his rework i find no problem in blocking him. Parries are usually from riptide and dodge attacks for me, i don't have the best monitor for gaming ao i find parrying normal orochi lights VERY hard but you're right it's totally possible.

Klingentaenz3r
09-03-2018, 08:15 AM
The 400 ms is not op. It helps him to get some dmg in as he has no unblockable openers. He still struggles against turtles but those 400 ms on his second light in a chain is at least sth that can be used.

If you have troubles parrying the opening lights aim for the last hit in the chain, which is usually delayed. Secondly if you cannot parry just block and shut them down. If he is too quick and interrupting you all the time you might want to consider to get to mid range and not stick in his face all the time. His lights from neutral are just 500 ms. What character are you playing that you are slower? What I think happens with you is that you hopelessly fall into your opponents' rhythm. You need to learn how to reset yourself and the fight and try to dictate the pace yourself.

Ubi-Jimothy
09-03-2018, 09:24 AM
Heyo,

First of all, there's much more constructive ways of presenting your feedback than ranting, swearing and 'looking for someone to blame'. We're here to help and we want your feedback, so it'd help if you were a bit more polite and work with us rather than yelling at us to change things.

Secondly, as we're looking at it right now, Orochi seems to be in a decent spot. I understand that their is a bit of a disparity between console and PC in terms of fps, but our data suggests that Orochi is in a fairly good place right now. That being said, I will of course forward the feedback on, but please try to keep the discussion on topic and the criticism constructive, tell us what you'd like to see changed specifically.

Best regards,

Jim.

Elhantas
09-03-2018, 09:29 AM
Nobushi. Im playing Nobushi. You know? One of the two characters that has lights as slow as heavys, but hers are even telegraphed.

Look, i wrote what i did, because i was pissed and salty of this so called balance. Yes, i understand he has a chip dmg, and Robot-san's can effecctively block them, well, they can if they have a good connection too. Im completely against abusable mechanics and its not the first time i lost a ranked match, to a complete beginner who's just spaming his fastest attack in retaliation to whatever i try. I didnt see anyone say how they are ccapable of parrying a storm rush, so i'll use it as an example. His retaliation attacks are also just as fast as storm rush, and using them for counter attacks. What do you do when you cant even use a light to poke him?

(Other fun fact, had a game where 2 of us were trying to bring down a revenged cent. The speed of nobushi is whats killing me slowly inside.
I use top heavy on him while hes focusing a diff target
During my heavy start up, he manages to stab the other guy
switch back to me
charge his heavy and still land it. ALL in the same time im ''casting'' my heavy. eF that... -.- )

Elhantas
09-03-2018, 09:44 AM
There isnt a single page on the forums without a post where people are not complaining, ranting, frustrated beyond belief, of how a nobushi currently is. Maybe its not even orochi's fault that hes THAT fast, maybe its nobushis. I realise how some characters are strong or unique at something, but she... she cant. I wasnt here on the first seasons of the game, to see why she only got weakened, toned down patch after patch while others were strengthened. All of it suggests a lack of insight.

Do you think my frustration and anger is not justified from my point of view? Where i spent months playing the game, where i learned tactics against most of the cast, where i learned their attacks without even playing them. And to be beaten down by a complete rookie, without as much as fight. I stand by my words. I DO blame the person or persons of what they made, the way they made it and i truly hope something will be done to rectify their failure. Saying words like 'People will adapt' all while laughing... Such a person should not be in charge in any way or form.

Chobbsy99
09-03-2018, 11:08 AM
I know most people think Aramusha sucks, but if you're struggling with Orochi play him. His all guard destroys light spam. You don't need to directionally react. If they are good you can be guard broken out of it, but if they are literally spamming light attacks it is easy wins. I used to hate Orochis but now I don't struggle with them more than any other hero.

Veldaz
09-03-2018, 03:56 PM
First of all, there's much more constructive ways of presenting your feedback than ranting

I understand it's your responsibility to look after threads but he's human and is going to rant. Your constructive might be his bottling it all up inside until he explodes in more violent ways. Though I will state that blame does tend to be counterproductive. But if it's obvious that it translates too "I have concerns about game imbalance" then that does need to be addressed.

I play as orochi myself. His speed is his ONLY advantage. It's a big one but it's pretty much his only one. If he can't spam light attacks he's going to get destroyed. I mix things up with the odd heavy where possible, which is risky. Turtles do indeed give me some trouble. I should probably try to shove them in the middle of a fight instead of having 2-3 people waste attacks on them until they rage. But if a turtle is good at countering that then THAT'S overpowered if anything. Seriously, it's happened a number of times in a short time span. With different people.

As an orochi I die a fair few times myself. I also get in a fair few victories. Seems balanced to me. I can't heal like other classes can nor can I turtle. If you guys get to have good things (like, you know, SELF HEALING as a first ability) then we should get them too. Playing as an orochi is in a very different style then other classes. If you're not used to fighting them then you're going to die to them. If you're not used to fighting as them then you're going to die playing as them. Instead of countering (which is difficult to perfect. Some people can do it, others can't) I instead focus on dodging and getting in the light hits. I don't try to combo, I just randomly pick a direction. This helps to preempt being countered by other orochi's as well.

There's also the fact you have to remain aware of blocking at ALL times more then other classes. You have to "reblock" in the same direction you wanted too for example. With all the factors at play it's honestly more of a "mind game". If you got more to think about then that's going to affect the overall performance of the class and can slow down your reaction timing across the board. I practice in the arena but would honestly prefer a player vs player duel where there can be infinite health just for practice (with options to change that of course. Like in the arena). If not that then some 1 on 1 form of combat where you can only lose to doing an objective beyond dying. That at least would give people the option to "practice a lot at fighting in the same match". People would not only be able to practice countering, they would also be able to practice how to counter counters themselves. An AI bot following the same attacks patterns just isn't the same as a real person at the end of the day. They can't do the same exact move over and over and they can't "have fun" while fighting with you which stops things from getting tedious. No one is going to just practice in the middle of a match so this results in an overall lack of practice with certain moves. Which comes across as imbalanced when it can easily be the lack of practice itself. Technically if you don't have a chance to practice how to deal with a situation (counter blocking is kind of rare. You NEED an orochi for a start. AND they'd have to agree to spam the counters on you specifically in the middle of a match) then it's both.

Maybe we just need the arena to be able to set up "Do this same attack over and over" with a bot. Or counter attack in this case.

Blitzwarrior771
09-03-2018, 04:21 PM
You dont balance game around the less skilled players. If you do it ends up with low skill ceiling and therefore much more shallow gameplay.
Orochi opening lights are all 500ms which is completely standard speed for light. Only second light in combo is 400ms in every direction and finisher is 400ms only from top. He cant follow his combo if you block it. Every Average Joe i see can block it all day, i rarely see orochi actually land his lights unless its after kiai or parry. He still lacks proper opener.

Game looks shallow to me are you saying you need skills in this game ? Then block properly each attack if u have skills not just guess blocking all the time .

Arekonator
09-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Game looks shallow to me are you saying you need skills in this game ? Then block properly each attack if u have skills not just guess blocking all the time .

So you saying you would be okay with making it even more shallow?

NHLGoldenKnight
09-03-2018, 07:21 PM
Real issue is connection. If we all could have 0 ping, well, probably no one would complain that much about 400 ms lights. But, as long as players with 100+ ping are allowed to play, plus already some other issues with frame drop, glitches server lag etc, that 400 or even 500ms light, is now 300ms light. Or 250.

That's why all those "helpful " advices to practice more are not that helpful at all. Even I, after complaining about certain heroes and being told to practice in arena, learned that it is one thing blocking and parrying in perfect condition and completely another thing trying to do that most of the time vs actual people. Yesterday, I had to fight players with 130 and 170 ping, both with fast lights and good feint. How am I supposed to stop them? Even better question, why are they allowed to play with such a high ping?

DefiledDragon
09-03-2018, 11:40 PM
Real issue is connection. If we all could have 0 ping, well, probably no one would complain that much about 400 ms lights. But, as long as players with 100+ ping are allowed to play, plus already some other issues with frame drop, glitches server lag etc, that 400 or even 500ms light, is now 300ms light. Or 250.

That's why all those "helpful " advices to practice more are not that helpful at all. Even I, after complaining about certain heroes and being told to practice in arena, learned that it is one thing blocking and parrying in perfect condition and completely another thing trying to do that most of the time vs actual people. Yesterday, I had to fight players with 130 and 170 ping, both with fast lights and good feint. How am I supposed to stop them? Even better question, why are they allowed to play with such a high ping?

It wouldn't be fair to stop people playing because of their ping. What would be fair however is to split matchmaking to put < 100 ping players together and >= 100 ping players together.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-04-2018, 12:14 AM
Life is not fair. I don't know when gaming community became so spoiled, but playing CoD and CS long time ago would require good Internet conection on most of the servers. Your ping goes above 100? You got 20-30 sec for it to stabilize. If not, you are kicked and free to search for new lobby.

DefiledDragon
09-04-2018, 12:38 AM
Life is not fair. I don't know when gaming community became so spoiled, but playing CoD and CS long time ago would require good Internet conection on most of the servers. Your ping goes above 100? You got 20-30 sec for it to stabilize. If not, you are kicked and free to search for new lobby.

Yeah I remember that in CS:S but it was a custom mod that enforced pings. Bit different in CS:S though as you had literally thousands of servers to choose from and you could always pick the one with the best ping. With the way multiplayer games are now you don't have a choice. You matchmake and you get stuck with whatever you get stuck with. It's crap, but it allows companies to cheap out on infrastructure by providing bare minimum functionality at the least cost. Point being that it's not always the players fault if their ping to the server is crap, it could be that the matchmaking system couldn't find a game for them on their local server and had to connect them to one where their ping sucks. In short, it would be out of order to punish players for circumstances beyond their control. I'm sure people don't like playing with a ping over 100 any more than people like playing against them.

Veldaz
09-04-2018, 12:39 AM
Life is not fair.

Not with that attitude. Want things to be fair? You have to MAKE that happen. Seriously, you have to make it happen. It never STARTS fair. But can BECOME fair. Games need patches and updates for a reason. It's like life. Baring games that start unpolished and lacking in major content. There's unfair and then there's that.

There's zero excuse to go "it's unfair when I never tried to make things fair in the first place". Dunno about you but I harp on about how unfair a situation is to people until they realise they need to compromise. Which they do. Seems perfectly fair to me. That's both my life and my relationships. It's even some of Ubisofts past games after people complain enough becuase they have concerns (surprised I just said that to be honest). So the life isn't fair argument has been disproven in that regard. People didn't lie down and get walked over when black people were enslaved or women were treated unfairly either. If something is unfair you complain about it and fight to make it fair. THAT is life. You do that or you roll over and suffer for not making an effort whe something is important enough.

Anyone that states otherwise is one sided and doesn't care enough about the "other side of the fence". Nor made change happen when they actually tried instead of making excuses to avoid putting in any real effort for everyone to win out. Can be easier said then done but that's game balance as well as relationships at times. It's kind of ironic how the two go hand in hand at times.

What you can't do is please everyone. Because some people will complain because they're jealous. But when it comes to ping there's other solutions. Like getting a better internet company. Unless you happen to live far far away, in which case you are kind of in a sticky situation. But honestly, if you got ping that bad in America then it's probably the internet company. BT is pricey but you get what you pay for (that's a UK internet company btw). Even I as someone with the tightest of wallets, know that. I miss out on other things because of the higher price tag but games are more entertaining and important then other luxury things. It's worth the trade of and therefor fair to me.

Like I said, got to make things fair. Just got to keep in mind everything has a trade off. Dumping similar ping players together might lead to less people playing together if you're in the minority for example. So not an ideal solution at all. If ping does indeed tie in then that's normally more the fault of what internet company you're with. If that's the problem then, I dunno, kick them up the butt until they start being more reasonable? If you're with a reliable internet company then it's either you using wifi instead of cables (seriously, cables give better connection. "airwaves" spread. Not sure how much of a difference it makes but it DOES make a difference) or you're in a more very far away from either where the games servers are or otherwise far away from reliable internet connection.

That's about the limit of my ideas for improving ping. The obvious can get overlooked so I'll state that fiber optic will give you a better connection then copper wire.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-04-2018, 01:41 AM
Well, you said it. If something is unfair, fight it. That is why I want them to limit ping, because it is not fair for players with ok connection to have bad game play experience just because there are 1 or 2 laggers on every 15-20 players. When on some occasions my connection is not great and I get 90 ping, guess what? I quit and I watch some TV or do something else. I don't $hit on everyone's else experience.

Playing GT Sport or FIFA I learned how much advantage poor connection gives you. I even suspect it is on purpose.

I do understand not being able to pay for better internet, or simply not having quality internet available to you. I did grow up in basically third world country after all. But still, if you don't have right "tools" for the job, then do something else. It is same in real life, your car can't pass smog check? Well fix it, buy another one or walk.

Mighty_Mackerel
09-04-2018, 03:18 AM
Now that time has passed since his rework i find no problem in blocking him. Parries are usually from riptide and dodge attacks for me, i don't have the best monitor for gaming ao i find parrying normal orochi lights VERY hard but you're right it's totally possible.

Ah, okay, so we do agree. My fault, I assumed you were supporting the OP's sentiments about Orochi lights being 100 percent safe by virtue of being un-parryable.

Elhantas
09-04-2018, 09:03 PM
And with this we went off the rails...

Jediknight482
09-05-2018, 02:46 AM

TL/DR

This is hilarious. This guy literally just *****es about not being good. Hahaha 99% of these things are fine if you aren't a noob.