PDA

View Full Version : Sweet sweet yak love

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 10:28 PM
I'm a newb foir those of you who didn't konw. I have come to love the agility of the yak3 and yak9u, ijust can't damage people. I stay behind someone for 10 mins or so bursting until i'm empty. I land hits, but they are useless lol. If someone could help me maybe, I lead and conserve my ammo, just can't kill. I often gimp them and someone else kills them.

Thx in advance,
forum newb

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 10:28 PM
I'm a newb foir those of you who didn't konw. I have come to love the agility of the yak3 and yak9u, ijust can't damage people. I stay behind someone for 10 mins or so bursting until i'm empty. I land hits, but they are useless lol. If someone could help me maybe, I lead and conserve my ammo, just can't kill. I often gimp them and someone else kills them.

Thx in advance,
forum newb

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Not sure who to credit this mangled quote to but "if you get close enough that a bandit fills your gunsight - get closer".

The Yak doesn't have a lot of ammo to spare to practice shorter more accurate bursts from closer range and that's about as good as you can do. Or fly the 9K with the super crazy armament /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<p align="center"> http://www.1stclassproperties.ca/mr/Spit.jpg
Tongue-tied & twisted,
just an earthbound misfit,
I.
</CENTER>
</p>

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 11:12 PM
I've changed my entire flying method to conserve ammo.

If I know I'm flying a more agile and equally fast plane as the one I'm chasing, I will hold my fire until im almost guarunteed a hit. This results in some lengthy (and quite fun) aireal acrobatics, the likes of which I have come to love (chasing a yak upwards verticle, im spinning, the speed falling below 30 km/h . . . he goes ack basswards past me . . . I do the same . .. and I'm still on his tail . . then off with his wing)

I mean, ammo doesn't grow on trees. I hoard my bullets and sell them to smugglers after missions.

get close. Then get closer.

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 02:03 AM
lol i figured as much. just need to park on them and fire.