PDA

View Full Version : Steam - Bought Marching Fire but DLC not installing

Squ1dF4ce
09-01-2018, 03:53 AM
Hello, I pre purchased the expansion thinking I would be able to try the new characters however I can't install it. When I try to it says it is not able to configure. Has anyone else had issues with this?

CandleInTheDark
09-01-2018, 04:19 AM
Marching Fire is currently a pre-order, it will be live October 16th.

However if you want to try the new stuff out there is an open tech test, on uplay and steam, from next Thursday to the 10th.

Jaycaspian
09-03-2018, 07:30 AM
I've seen multiple pages and sites claiming you get access immediately by pre-ordering.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-333940-16/new-arcade-mode-coming-to-for-honor-marching-fire

http://cerebral-overload.com/2018/08/for-honor-marching-fire-introduces-arcade-a-new-pve-mode

I as well preordered under the assumption that I would get access to Arcade mode at the least, but it doesn't seem to have been added for me.

Xil_h
09-03-2018, 07:34 AM
You get access early to the heroes starting at October 16th.
All others have to wait a little longer and need to unlock them via steel purchases.

I don't really get how u can buy a PREORDER with release date and not see this fact!?

Jaycaspian
09-03-2018, 07:40 AM
Lots of pre-orders give early access to content as soon as you purchase.

In this case, this sentence on this Ubisoft Arcade Mode article seems to explicitly state that you can pre-order now to get Arcade mode and the four new heroes.

"Those warriors who already own For Honor and can't wait to jump into Marching Fire can pre-order the expansion now to get access to Arcade mode and immediately unlock the four new Wu Lin Heroes."

Xil_h
09-03-2018, 09:15 AM
Lots of pre-orders give early access to content as soon as you purchase.

In this case, this sentence on this Ubisoft Arcade Mode article seems to explicitly state that you can pre-order now to get Arcade mode and the four new heroes.

"Those warriors who already own For Honor and can't wait to jump into Marching Fire can pre-order the expansion now to get access to Arcade mode and immediately unlock the four new Wu Lin Heroes."

Good you quoted that.
You misread the sentence. That immediately only refers to the heroes.

It say, you gain access to Arcade mode.
You gain day one access to the 4 new heroes immediately upon release as they will be unlocked.

No one else will be able to play Arcade if he/she doesn't purchase the DLC.

Jaycaspian
09-03-2018, 09:46 AM
No one else will be able to play Arcade if he/she doesn't purchase the DLC.

So you don't even get early access to Arcade mode when you pre-order?

If not, they should really clarify that message.

Xil_h
09-03-2018, 12:52 PM
That's what I know.
Maybe some Ubi Mod can answer the question here

Ubi-Jimothy
09-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Hey folks,

Just to clarify, it's a pre-order. I can see why there may be some confusion though and we'll try to clear it up, but yes, you don't get access until the release. The "immediate access" refers to when the expansion launches.

Regards,

Jim.

Jaycaspian
09-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Hey folks,

Just to clarify, it's a pre-order. I can see why there may be some confusion though and we'll try to clear it up, but yes, you don't get access until the release. The "immediate access" refers to when the expansion launches.

Regards,

Jim.

Thanks.

It's mainly the "can't wait" part. As it stands pre-ordering wouldn't help you at all if you couldn't wait.