PDA

View Full Version : What about Warden's SB?

iAurelia
08-31-2018, 08:12 PM
I don't think that many people will agree with me, because warden is the easiest way to farm wins in ranked regardless of your playtime as him, but I think this needs to be said and something needs to be done about this.

Warden was always a hero that could use his 50 50 as the only move in order to win, when his rework was announced, and I learned that he will have unblockable(s), I supposed that his shoulder bash, his stupidly broken 50 50 would finally get nerfed or removed. After the patch went live and I played countless games against warden (and as warden) I realized that they nerfed nothing, I mean, everything that they took from him was his soft feint from beginning charge of sb into guardbreak (But uh, well, you can do this anyway when you feint sb manually)

Now, I personally could deal with the old warden, but with this one, it's just a guessing game. Just like flipping a coin or drawing 2 strews. A game that is supposed to be based on skill should not have such powerful abilities that are literally impossible to dodge on reaction, unless your reflexes are super pumped up and I assume that not even 1% of the community could do that.

His shoulder bash is completely safe to perform, if you are charging long enough and you opponent has not dodged yet, it's super easy to feint the sb.
You can also use the sb feint to bait dodge attacks from your opponents (regardless of the charging time), leading to easy parry - leading to double light - leading to another sb guessing game.
This is just ridiculous

This is the reason why most of my ranked matches are against Warden, and why I pick warden most of the times as well. He is boring, though, the best pick you can make.

And I didn't even mention that when warden feints his fully charged sb, it gets cancelled after a little (short) running animation.

Unblockables were a good idea, but making his sb that powerful was not.

So well, I have question for the devs, if you are planning on nerfing or re-working his shoulderbash, or replacing it with a different ability
If not, well, i guess the only option I have is to ask Lady Luck for help every time I face warden.

I didn't mean to offend anyone who plays warden with this post, this is just how I feel about his current state now.

Steelsoldier555
08-31-2018, 08:30 PM
Hey would you rather have a chance at fighting Warden or would you like to have game release Warden with shoulder bash + light overhead spam back? I don’t know about you but I DON’T miss old Warden, and I main him! I will admit to using his old sb + light spam here and there back when I played whenever I went up against a Meta because back then that’s what you had to do to beat them! Honestly Warden needed the rework because they left him in the dust for a long time