PDA

View Full Version : Back again

Tjaika
03-07-2010, 03:07 AM
I have had a little break for a year or two and have just reinstalled Il2. New rig, new problems. I made it work on windows 7-64, with an ATI 5850. No cdkey, new securerom, Catalyst 10,2. It works, but I have to use directX for the first time ever in Il2. OpenGl have occational block instead of letters (amazingly my fingers remembers the right keystrokes!) and perfect is slower than my old rig. Whateever settings I use I only get 9-15 fps. It helps with excellent settings, but with directx I get 100+ fps (90 avg on Black death, min 19) so I'll guess I just have to be happy with that.

I could not run 4.09 on my ati x850, only the beta, and now 4,10 is also comming. Great!

Tjaika
03-07-2010, 03:07 AM
I have had a little break for a year or two and have just reinstalled Il2. New rig, new problems. I made it work on windows 7-64, with an ATI 5850. No cdkey, new securerom, Catalyst 10,2. It works, but I have to use directX for the first time ever in Il2. OpenGl have occational block instead of letters (amazingly my fingers remembers the right keystrokes!) and perfect is slower than my old rig. Whateever settings I use I only get 9-15 fps. It helps with excellent settings, but with directx I get 100+ fps (90 avg on Black death, min 19) so I'll guess I just have to be happy with that.

I could not run 4.09 on my ati x850, only the beta, and now 4,10 is also comming. Great!

Tjaika
03-07-2010, 03:45 AM
I guess I have to be offline, get back all my favorite settings take a while and I could not get HL to install anyway.

I have checked the forum occationally but not been registered for a while. My first accounts is not accessable but I found one just two years old.

Tjaika
03-07-2010, 04:20 AM
I got HL to work after some quarreling. Found a server, real Zoo, icons and everything, axis and allies planes on both sides. Just watching the others from the ground. Notised a new thing (for me) When I was in the menues, it was somewhat transparent and I could see the action from the game. Is that new, or have I just missed it?

Insuber
03-07-2010, 06:12 AM
A friendly advice: quit this game now, when you still can do it, otherwise you will became completely addicted.

PS: the transparent thing was there long ago.

Bye,
Insuber

pupo162
03-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi!

I had the same problems you have with Ati card. here is the Fix:

1st DOnwlaod older drivers i believe it is 10.1, i have a brand new ati card and the drivers that come on the CD work fine newer ones dont.

2nd Dont try to personalize your ati graphic cards: keep evertinhing in the option "program choice"... I get better graphics and 10 times more fps (from 15 to 150 fps) when i use this option rahter than maxing everithin out. (NOTE: IM USING OPEN GL)

I hope this helps!

Tjaika
03-07-2010, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Insuber:
A friendly advice: quit this game now, when you still can do it, otherwise you will became completely addicted.

PS: the transparent thing was there long ago.

Bye,
Insuber </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe... Well I have played this game since 2002(?) and never had time to get unhealthy involved. But for years it was practically the only game I played. But thanks for the concern.

BTW: I do remember times when I spend the whole saturday evening playing with the squadron, one time we had this huge Finland map, had an important moving target, missed it, hardly had any fuel left when landing. In other word: playing a whole evening, without any target in sight, holding formation. It was realistic a hell, but completely nerdy to spend the evening that way in a computer game. LOL

Tjaika
03-07-2010, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pupo162:
Hi!

I had the same problems you have with Ati card. here is the Fix:

1st DOnwlaod older drivers i believe it is 10.1, i have a brand new ati card and the drivers that come on the CD work fine newer ones dont.

2nd Dont try to personalize your ati graphic cards: keep evertinhing in the option "program choice"... I get better graphics and 10 times more fps (from 15 to 150 fps) when i use this option rahter than maxing everithin out. (NOTE: IM USING OPEN GL)

I hope this helps! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks I'll try that. But if I get results this good with directx and can't use perfect settings anyway, I will stay with my settings to the next catalyst comes.

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
To get rid of the block letters download the 9.10 drivers, start the install so it extracts the install files to an ATI folder on your hardrive and then you can cancel the install. In that folder you will find an atioglxx.dll file, take that file and copy it to the il2 folder and then you should be able to run openGL without the blocky letters.