PDA

View Full Version : Question on Nuxia's traps

bhitrock
08-29-2018, 05:51 PM
Hello everyone!
I saw a few videos some days ago about the Nuxia and I was very interested with her 'traps' mechanic but I don't get one thing: how does it work actually?
I know this may sound a little dumb, but reading it from the moveset menu they showed I really couldn't figure out what they mean by "traps work on opponents who are blocking/parrying/etc. but not when they are in a block/parry reaction". What does block reaction mean? Is it if they put the guard on the right side just before you 'land' your fainted hit? Then what about parries? you always do them just before the supposed attack hits you. I really can't get it.
Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks.

David_gorda
08-29-2018, 06:04 PM
Not sure but i am guessing they already blocked or parried another player. Then they still Will be in block parry animation from the other player and it would be unfair i Nuxia get a free trap punish from a another players attacks.

Armosias
08-29-2018, 06:06 PM
When you block or parry you have a little window during which you block or parry any incoming attack. This is block / parry reaction.
Traps being unable to hit these means you won't be hit if during an enemy gank you parry that Zerk's heavy right before a trap attacks hits you

Roseguard_Cpt
08-29-2018, 06:07 PM
I interpret it as a sort of gb/parry ("I parry your parry!") so you bait people into a certain move and punish them for either falling for it or doing nothing about it. If you dodge or light however it counters the Trap she does and leaves her vulnerable.

Eisenwolf.
08-29-2018, 06:24 PM
[Traps]
>>"They don't work on opponents who are in a Block or Parry Reaction" <<
From my understanding that means,
if someone else attacks your opponent,
he is blocking that attack and while he is blocking that (= Block Reaction; that tiny moment where you get all-block by a simple block)
you try to trap him ... then it won't work.

Same for a Parry.

At the end, only one thing really matters for Nuxia:
The possible timings to perform a trap.
If you have a wide time window for going from a heavy into a trap ... then this mechanic will be good, otherwhise it will be just mediocre.

bhitrock
08-29-2018, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys! So, if I get it right, you can't trap an opponent who's parrying an attack from another player or blocking it exactly when your trap hits. So it is mostly to prevent gank. But in 1v1 the only way to avoid the trap is attacking or not blocking (nor parrying) the fainted attack, or dodging without deflecting it. Right?