PDA

View Full Version : roof drop killing

mrxclusiv.au
07-12-2011, 05:15 AM
okay I have a massive list of gripes with this so here goes

1. why is there no way to DEFEND against this type of attack everybody knows there is no defense e.g. smoke mute or even crackers are powerless unlike same level one on one confrontations

2. WHY the HELL is this kill WORTH 600 + points?????? if thats worth 600 then a face to face groundlevel kill needs to be worth 3000 for a crumby kill as the level of difficulty to do such a kill is at least 4x higher

3. when getting drawn onto the roof and using smoke/crackers/mute because of the level differences these are ALSO useless, this has made EVERYBODY roof run and drop kill how is this sneaky or stelthy when the only defense is to blend under a low roof or get on the roof yourself, I love the game but honestly this is really turning me off it

4. I want an ACTIVE method to convert roof drop to STUN to even it up like when somebody comes at you on the same level you have OPTIONS, but from a roof drop you are out of luck and an easy 600 + points

also HERES an idea how about reducing the score for repeated use of the same tactic instead of run on roof dropoff kill ~600 pts back on roof dropoff ~600 pts rinse and repeat, while the players who are trying to BLEND and take down targets with stealth are NOT sitting ducks to roof dropping rangers and courtesans

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please check out the Forum Rules regarding Language.</span>

mrxclusiv.au
07-12-2011, 05:15 AM

1. why is there no way to DEFEND against this type of attack everybody knows there is no defense e.g. smoke mute or even crackers are powerless unlike same level one on one confrontations

2. WHY the HELL is this kill WORTH 600 + points?????? if thats worth 600 then a face to face groundlevel kill needs to be worth 3000 for a crumby kill as the level of difficulty to do such a kill is at least 4x higher

3. when getting drawn onto the roof and using smoke/crackers/mute because of the level differences these are ALSO useless, this has made EVERYBODY roof run and drop kill how is this sneaky or stelthy when the only defense is to blend under a low roof or get on the roof yourself, I love the game but honestly this is really turning me off it

4. I want an ACTIVE method to convert roof drop to STUN to even it up like when somebody comes at you on the same level you have OPTIONS, but from a roof drop you are out of luck and an easy 600 + points

also HERES an idea how about reducing the score for repeated use of the same tactic instead of run on roof dropoff kill ~600 pts back on roof dropoff ~600 pts rinse and repeat, while the players who are trying to BLEND and take down targets with stealth are NOT sitting ducks to roof dropping rangers and courtesans

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please check out the Forum Rules regarding Language.</span>

fatikis
07-12-2011, 08:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrxclusiv.au:

1. why is there no way to DEFEND against this type of attack everybody knows there is no defense e.g. smoke mute or even crackers are powerless unlike same level one on one confrontations </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, there is. It is called hiding and blending. A rooftop assassin must jump down then to accurately determine who you are. Not only that, but they are obvious and give themselves away by being on rooftops.

Plenty of disadvantages if you are observant.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
2. WHY the HELL is this ***** kill WORTH 600 + points?????? if thats worth 600 then a face to face groundlevel kill needs to be worth 3000 for a crumby kill as the level of difficulty to do such a kill is at least 4x higher </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
First of all they don't. Unless they do something special. The rooftop kill is worth the standard 400. The same as assassinating someone on your same level. Why would face to face be worth more? As you said we are assassins. I don't do face to face. Also not 4 times higher...not any harder to do. Just depends on your play style.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
3. when getting drawn onto the roof and using smoke/crackers/mute because of the level differences these are ALSO useless, this has made EVERYBODY roof run and drop kill how is this sneaky or stelthy when the only defense is to blend under a low roof or get on the roof yourself, I love the game but honestly this is really turning me off it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
First of all no...just no. Gun is insta kill versus a pesky roofer or runner.

Get good at the game then. Don't blame the mechanic learn how to use them. I am often a rooftoper and I play with friends. All of them have equally effective tactics. Whether they are morphing a crowd. Using guns to deal with people they don't want to waste time to kill or simply using the first ability morph to make you kill the wrong target.
4. I want an ACTIVE method to convert roof drop to STUN to even it up like when somebody comes at you on the same level you have OPTIONS, but from a roof drop you are **** out of luck and an easy 600 + points </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, your points are simply not accurate. Regarding the standard points for a rooftop kill. Also if you can see a rooftop assassin you can avoid them. Problem solved. Don't walk to where they are standing.
also HERES an idea how about reducing the score for repeated use of the same tactic instead of run on roof dropoff kill ~600 pts back on roof dropoff ~600 pts rinse and repeat, while the players who are trying to BLEND and take down targets with stealth are NOT sitting ducks to roof dropping rangers and courtesans </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is a bonus for use of different tactics. Again if you feel like you are a sitting duck you are not playing the game well.

You are an assassin. You always have options. You are just choosing the wrong ones. Play the game some more. Learn what works.

Rooftop assassins can be countered just as easily as any other strategy.

mrxclusiv.au
07-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Like I said before I move about in blend groups and I take advantage of hiding and being in crowds as much as possible and even still they pick me out of a moving blend group, like I said the only way to counter it at street level is to stay away from buildings, they sit on the roof away from edges using templar vision and get lock on you then just skip around on the roofs until they get the opportunity to drop or you make them and attempt a counter by climbing on a roof yourself - suicide or moving under a low roof as to make them drop down to toe to toe level, having to do this whilst at the same time NEEDING to kill to catch up in points leads you to slip down the leaderboard, while the roof runners run about at will scoring around 600 points per kill (average) again and again and again while you are attempting to out manoever some roof rooster who has the high ground and will drop on you as soon as you move, you say it can be countered yet offer up not one single strategy, and of course being a roofer you would defend the tactic which imho is a ***** one, going for a head to head poison kill is much higher risk than some roof drop as you may very well find yourself receiving a stun then a kick in the head if you make a hash of it, if you make a hash of a roofdrop getting the wrong target you just skip straight back onto the roof waiting for your next target and I stand by my statement that smoke/mute/crackers dont work on an uneven roof (where the roofers like to be surprise surprise) - I have tried every tactic I can possibly think of and ability / perk loadout the only thing that I even have a sniff of success with is throwing knives and even those are VERY hit-and-miss with HUGE delay from my knife "hit" to effect begin - example I see my target whom I have already locked run toward one of those cables that cross between buildings and I knife him when he sets foot onto the cable BUT he is accross to the other building before the effect starts leaving me out of luck - the number of times this has happened I have lost count of.

Please I need a counter that WORKS to the roof runners as I am completely out of ideas

fatikis
07-12-2011, 09:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrxclusiv.au:
Like I said before I move about in blend groups and I take advantage of hiding and being in crowds as much as possible and even still they pick me out of a moving blend group, like I said the only way to counter it at street level is to stay away from buildings, they sit on the roof away from edges using templar vision and get lock on you then just skip around on the roofs until they get the opportunity to drop or you make them and attempt a counter by climbing on a roof yourself - suicide or moving under a low roof as to make them drop down to toe to toe level, having to do this whilst at the same time NEEDING to kill to catch up in points leads you to slip down the leaderboard, while the roof runners run about at will scoring around 600 points per kill (average) again and again and again while you are attempting to out manoever some roof rooster who has the high ground and will drop on you as soon as you move, you say it can be countered yet offer up not one single strategy, and of course being a roofer you would defend the tactic which imho is a ***** one, going for a head to head poison kill is much higher risk than some roof drop as you may very well find yourself receiving a stun then a kick in the head if you make a hash of it, if you make a hash of a roofdrop getting the wrong target you just skip straight back onto the roof waiting for your next target and I stand by my statement that smoke/mute/crackers dont work on an uneven roof (where the roofers like to be surprise surprise) - I have tried every tactic I can possibly think of and ability / perk loadout the only thing that I even have a sniff of success with is throwing knives and even those are VERY hit-and-miss with HUGE delay from my knife "hit" to effect begin - example I see my target whom I have already locked run toward one of those cables that cross between buildings and I knife him when he sets foot onto the cable BUT he is accross to the other building before the effect starts leaving me out of luck - the number of times this has happened I have lost count of.

Please I need a counter that WORKS to the roof runners as I am completely out of ideas </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
QQ more.
It is clear you are making things up. They do not get 600 points on average. They get 400 average. Poison gets more and is much easier. It is easy to counter roofers. You can see them avoid them. A gun insta kills all roofers.

Stop being bad. LRN2 play.
Poison is much easier and lower risk. You don't even have to reveal yourself.

mrxclusiv.au
07-12-2011, 09:47 PM
if they don't get 600 points why when I get roof dropped it SAYS all the time they get 500-900 points for the kill, they may be timing it or getting focus or whatever but even still they are getting points playing offense so to speak while I am playing a heavily defense biased game, which can work but you need to be high up the leaderboard, and still I see no counters - tell me how does one counter templar vision when the one using it is on a roof - I can counter it at groundlevel but from a roof where my abilities count for nothing - offer up a strategy to use against these tactics I say again ALSO the hidden gun is purely for offense, how will that help me overcome some roofer who has me as a target? I can't shoot them now can I

fatikis
07-12-2011, 09:53 PM
if they don't get 600 points why when I get roof dropped it SAYS all the time they get 500-900 points for the kill, they may be timing it or getting focus or whatever but even still they are getting points playing offense so to speak while I am playing a heavily defense biased game, which can work but you need to be high up the leaderboard, and still I see no counters - tell me how does one counter templar vision when the one using it is on a roof - I can counter it at groundlevel but from a roof where my abilities count for nothing - offer up a strategy to use against these tactics I say again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't get that many points. Unless they get a varied kill bonus, or something. You are just lying to support your opinion.

Templar vision is junk. It is one of the worst abilities. Only baddies use it. Stop crying on the forums and play the game. You can easily counter roofers if you bother to try.

mrxclusiv.au
07-12-2011, 10:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatikis:

They don't get that many points. Unless they get a varied kill bonus, or something. You are just lying to support your opinion.

Templar vision is junk. It is one of the worst abilities. Only baddies use it. Stop crying on the forums and play the game. You can easily counter roofers if you bother to try. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tell you I have tried everything I can think of and I have asked YOU at least twice for a strategy that counters roofing, you say it can be countered but OFFER nothing I didn't already know, and you are heavily defending the tactic of roofing.

If it was so easily countered why do so many do it instead of other according to you "safer and easier" poison kills? or just a walk up and shank kill?

also how come I end up almost last on roofer paradise alhambra then when the map changes to something less roofer biased all of a sudden I am winning? despite playing the same group - you say I need to get better at the game and I am not going to disagree this is why I am here posing this question attempting to improve my ingame skill, I am doing this as a last resort as I have tried everything I can think of and am looking for fresh ideas, all I seem to be getting from you is "get better at the game" can you not see that is why I am here and is what I am trying to do

Black_Widow9
07-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
If you have an feedback please post constructively in the correct Topic.
If you would like tips, I would try searching the Multiplayer Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=&f=2361024388).

TheLeoCrow
07-13-2011, 05:33 AM
When i'm in a game with roofers and runners, this is what I do:

I try to make every kill count. Killing incognito, poison, as many bonuses I can get etc. Scorex2 for loss streaks is also incredibly usefull, because with roofers and runners you will lose the contracts way too many times. This strategy doesn't always pay off, i sometimes end up fourth or less but most of the time gets me to the top.

Also remember that when you start to hear the wispers, your pursuer is usually not in sight yet. Try to either flee (but sometimes you get right where they want you) or hide. The blender perk might help you there, so you will always have a lookalike.

Runners and roofers are obvious. Instead of fearing them, take the chance to stun them. Smokebombs or charge should do it. Charge also helps to find the right target in a group.

Moving groups are better hiding spots.

That's all the advice i can think of now

fatikis
07-13-2011, 10:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
When i'm in a game with roofers and runners, this is what I do:

I try to make every kill count. Killing incognito, poison, as many bonuses I can get etc. Scorex2 for loss streaks is also incredibly usefull, because with roofers and runners you will lose the contracts way too many times. This strategy doesn't always pay off, i sometimes end up fourth or less but most of the time gets me to the top.

Also remember that when you start to hear the wispers, your pursuer is usually not in sight yet. Try to either flee (but sometimes you get right where they want you) or hide. The blender perk might help you there, so you will always have a lookalike.

Runners and roofers are obvious. Instead of fearing them, take the chance to stun them. Smokebombs or charge should do it. Charge also helps to find the right target in a group.

Moving groups are better hiding spots.

That's all the advice i can think of now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate runners. It is so hard to get them.
I do lurk on the roofs. A decent player can easily avoid a roofer. It isn't hard. You get better points for blending or hiding kills anyway.

I don't see why everyone cries about it. A gun and bam easy kill. Low point kill but also low time or work.

mrxclusiv.au
07-14-2011, 11:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatikis:

I hate runners. It is so hard to get them.
I do lurk on the roofs. A decent player can easily avoid a roofer. It isn't hard. You get better points for blending or hiding kills anyway.

I don't see why everyone cries about it. A gun and bam easy kill. Low point kill but also low time or work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow that backflip must have hurt are you okay!

and perhaps you should go back over the thread nowhere did I mention having trouble KILLING roofers I said I have trouble EVADING roofers you cant "shoot" a pursuer the hidden gun is only of any use for OFFENSE, the whole point to this was to improve my DEFENSE against roof droppers, you are the only one talking OFFENSIVE strategy I don't have a problem with OFFENSE against roofers I have a problem with DEFENSE against them. Allow me top be crystal clear here if you didn't get the above

I need a strategy to avoid roof running pursuers, as you can't shoot your pursuer (this would kill them and you can't kill the guy who's coming to kill you)

if you don't understand that which clearly TheLeoCrow DID as his response was on the money I am talking escape or avoidance of your pursuer (the guy who's coming to kill YOU)