PDA

View Full Version : Underpowered classes

Clusternut
08-28-2018, 04:55 PM
When are you going to do something about the underpowered classes that have been in a bad way for MONTHS now? Lawbringer, Aramusha, Shugoki all need help. It's so difficult to compete on these classes, yet they get constantly ignored. Aramusha even had a nerf to it's side dodge, I know your normalising dashing but it's another thing that pushes musha further down the tree. Do something please. Or people will just stop playing.

UbiJurassic
08-28-2018, 06:54 PM
Shugo is a class we have certainly acknowledged is in a precarious state right now and is a hero we're looking at. While the fight team has been very busy over the past couple of months with the last few reworks and the development of the new heroes and more, we still very much want to give our original heroes the attention they need to remain competitive picks. At this time however, we don't have any new, future balance changes to share. Should any new notes be finalized, we'll be sure to let players know!

Tyrjo
08-28-2018, 07:27 PM
Shugo is a class we have certainly acknowledged is in a precarious state right now and is a hero we're looking at. While the fight team has been very busy over the past couple of months with the last few reworks and the development of the new heroes and more, we still very much want to give our original heroes the attention they need to remain competitive picks. At this time however, we don't have any new, future balance changes to share. Should any new notes be finalized, we'll be sure to let players know!

At least let us know what the plan is on the Warriors Den sometime soon. We understand Wu Lin is prioritized right now, but we want to know what happens afterwards with the old cast.

TSCDescon
08-28-2018, 07:51 PM
Iím just going to keep it simple and true.

Stop adding new heroes when the old ones (including the previous dlc) isnít even balanced/reworked yet.

DefiledDragon
08-28-2018, 08:26 PM
I’m just going to keep it simple and true.

Stop adding new heroes when the old ones (including the previous dlc) isn’t even balanced/reworked yet.

Money > balance.

dinosaurlicker
08-29-2018, 02:10 AM
Money > balance.

This is the reason why I will not be getting marching fire.

After a year and a half of this game, itís clear to me that the devs do not know how to balance their game. The playerbase does, but the devs donít listen and it takes much too long for balance changes. They spend way too much time on cosmetics and not enough on fixing the state of the game. You can care about the game and truly dedicate yourself to it as a dev, but it means nothing if you and your team canít get the job done. Look at all the big esports games. The reason why theyíre so popular is because they prioritize BALANCE over everything else. They hotfix things that are broken ASAP, while For Honorís dev team will leave game breaking heroes and moves and bugs in the game for months. They also ignore low tier heroes. Shugoki has been garbage for how long?? Over a year??? This is precisely why Iíve lost faith in this game. And donít say itís too hard to fix everything. Look at Rainbow Six Siege. That dev team had an operation health, and now the game is very popular and making its entry into esports.

What this game needs is a season entirely dedicated to balance. Put a hold on events and cosmetics. Balance the damn game. Then you can freely dedicate all your resources to bringing in new heroes and cosmetics.

Rant over

DefiledDragon
08-29-2018, 07:16 AM
This is the reason why I will not be getting marching fire.

After a year and a half of this game, it’s clear to me that the devs do not know how to balance their game. The playerbase does, but the devs don’t listen and it takes much too long for balance changes. They spend way too much time on cosmetics and not enough on fixing the state of the game. You can care about the game and truly dedicate yourself to it as a dev, but it means nothing if you and your team can’t get the job done. Look at all the big esports games. The reason why they’re so popular is because they prioritize BALANCE over everything else. They hotfix things that are broken ASAP, while For Honor’s dev team will leave game breaking heroes and moves and bugs in the game for months. They also ignore low tier heroes. Shugoki has been garbage for how long?? Over a year??? This is precisely why I’ve lost faith in this game. And don’t say it’s too hard to fix everything. Look at Rainbow Six Siege. That dev team had an operation health, and now the game is very popular and making its entry into esports.

What this game needs is a season entirely dedicated to balance. Put a hold on events and cosmetics. Balance the damn game. Then you can freely dedicate all your resources to bringing in new heroes and cosmetics.

Rant over

Aye. I don't believe there's enough experience on the balance team (assuming they have one) for them to ever balance this game. I think Ubisoft have bitten offf more than they can chew with this one. It's a real shame because the game is so unique and fun but it will certainly never be an esports title or even remotely balanced imo.

WhydoIdothis21
08-29-2018, 07:54 AM
Lb right now seems to be fine, I've come up against many LB mains and they seem to easily destroy me. Then again, console, so if you're on PC I see where it is.

What I really wish is that they just scrap this entire marching fire stuff. We don't need new characters, all we need right now is balance and help. End this light spam bs, cause on console it's just the worse thing. Playing a HL or something slow and going against an Orochi or PK means death, cause your counters mean nothing and even if you move your stick fast enough it just doesn't seem to block.