PDA

View Full Version : ? about dedicated server

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 08:47 PM
Pardon my ignorance but I am not sure what the significance of a dedicated server is. FB is the first game I have played online. I only play coop games with a friend with missions we make so is this something I should download? I am not sure if it would be of any benefit for the way I play the game.

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 08:47 PM
Pardon my ignorance but I am not sure what the significance of a dedicated server is. FB is the first game I have played online. I only play coop games with a friend with missions we make so is this something I should download? I am not sure if it would be of any benefit for the way I play the game.

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 08:57 PM
A dedicated game server usually if not always can't be used to play the game too.

If you had 2 PC's and a decent connection you could instal the dedicated server on one and leave it up all day. Also it should run better (depending on the system requirements) than a normal hosted game.

You may be able to cycle the missions automatically as well, and even switch from Dog fight to Co Op.

I've not DL'd it though to check the documentation so the above is just a general comment.

<center>
http://blankgiro.freewebspace.com/IL2/soapy112th.jpg
</center>